• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 0C2 Zero Challenge Video Thread - DVD COMPLETE, ORDER NOW!!!

manacloud1

Smash Champion
heh

was more expensive than I would have liked it to be, but I ordered one.
well im glad you ordered one , im sure u wont be dissatisfied. There are tons of great matches, from crews, international crews, singles and doubles. I saw some of the amazing matches such as pc vs foward, ken vs mew2king, and lots more. I mean this dvd is awesome and for 25 bucks its quite a deal. Im saying this because all of us the staff really spent a lot of time and effort to make something worth wild to atleast own and relive the oc2 experience or experience some of what was going on if u didnt attend oc2.

As for the people who dont know how to buy one using the internet or have no experience. Neal with help you guys out, just be patient.

thanks for all your support.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have to amend the official match list. We had to remove the following matches from the DVD due to space issues:

chesterr01 vs B-Stick
Tori vs KillaOR
Osama Yo Mama vs RANDOM (teams)
Chadori vs Osama Yo Mama (teams)

They will instead be placed on Youtube for free. We apologize to the people involved in those matches for not being able to get you on the DVD.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Heh. Forgot all about this until John posted about it in the BC Thread.

FYI for Canadians, Media Mail does not take 28 to 42 days like it says on the eBay site. It usually takes 1 - 1.5 weeks. But since Christmas screwed up the schedule a bit, it now takes about 2 - 2.5 weeks. I get games using this shipping method all the time.

Also, this is a Data DVD right? Not a DVD Video? So it can only be played on the PC and XviD players? Yeah, not buying it (only thing I'm interested that made it are the Canada Internationals x_x) but just wanted to clarify for those ordering.

But seriously, that eBay estimated time is off by weeks.

booshk

Smash Lord
Are the matches that are not included on the DVD going to be posted on youtube? or some other site? cuz that would be nice :]

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have to amend the official match list. We had to remove the following matches from the DVD due to space issues:

They will instead be placed on Youtube for free. We apologize to the people involved in those matches for not being able to get you on the DVD.
-------

Firestorm: would you really prefer the alternative? Putting only 2 hours of matches on the DVD but making it a video disc?

Vegard

Smash Lord
eh. Hopefully, I'll get someone to buy it for me soon. I'm not old enough to get hold of a credit card yet, so I can't pay on my own...

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
eh..i just bought it. looking forward to it. =)

will this work on all dvd players? will it work on all dvd players good?
will it work on my computah? :O

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

eh..i just bought it. looking forward to it. =)

will this work on all dvd players? will it work on all dvd players good?
will it work on my computah? :O
Im going to clarify this now so people dont keep asking us what is this dvd about and why did we do it this way.

We first had two choices either to make it playable on the dvd player meaning it can only hold 2 hours worth of top matches meaning the greatest matches at oc2 and all the other matches such as random noob1 vs random noob2 wont be on the dvd. Now random noob can be anyone, hell random noob can even be chu vs isai or mew2king vs ken if there is no room. So we decided why not make a dvd worth wild. One that holds all the matches or the majority of them on this dvd over hundreds of hours worth of smash. So we choose the 2nd option. If you choose to buy this dvd all the matches listed on the first page is what you get. Neal was also nice enough to add statistics, meaning youll know who beat who and by how many stocks. Now when you get your dvd the matches are all separated by folders, Crews, International Crews, Singles, and Doubles. Since we made it a compilation disc your dvd player will not work and all matches have to be viewed on your computer. Now all it takes is a dvd drive to read the disk, cd rom drives will not work. Hope this clears things up. To view the matches right click and open it up with VLC Player, aka video lan player free online if you search google and download it. It will also work if you have windows media player and if that still doesnt work go download some codecs.

Vegard

Smash Lord
yeah. Another order is on the way. You will hopefully sell enough copies to earn something on this, since it seems this has taken a lot of effort .. How many orders how you got yet?

manacloud1

Smash Champion
heh yeah hopefully

yeah. Another order is on the way. You will hopefully sell enough copies to earn something on this, since it seems this has taken a lot of effort .. How many orders how you got yet?
i think we reached like 16 orders, thanks for all your support.

when you talk about a lot went into this your right let me explain so people know why 25 bucks is nothing for a dvd of this size.

first off at oc2 we had caotic and the game 2 running left and right and taping just to get the matches on tape. All the matches on the first page is what we taped, thats literally thousands of hours of matches, just think of the amount of tapes used.

second once the tapes were done we had caotic encode them, imagine how much longer this takes to sit there and encode every match with rendering errors a long the way making any person pissed off at their equipment.

this is where arash comes in. Arash then decides to buy new equipment to make the process of doing this easier. Arash bought an external hd costing over 200 bucks plus other stuff he would return later i think. Since caotics time to leave so cal was nearing arash was gutsy enough to drive 2 hours to san deigo to deliver his new equipment for caotic, this cost gas money. So cal gas is expensive. Note the drive back down and the drive back up again to retrieve the equipment.

After all this caotics encoding was still too large to allow us to fit as many matches as we can for you guys so we had nealdt re- encode all of it to make it all possible to fit on one dvd. After long tedious hours of neal not doing anything but making this dvd he finally finished and the work now is given to me to burn. 8 minutes a dvd it takes to burn not noting the cost of dvd and dvd cases we bought.

I hope this explains how much arash, neal and caotic and I myself really care about producing something great for you smashers. And with the positive feed back and patience most of you had we were able to accomplish something great.

I hope me explaining this will earn the trust of people who believe the dvd cost a little too much. If I myself had the chance to just click a button online and get something of this calibur delivered to me I would totally do it. This dvd does not only feature the top smashers dueling it out, but some amazing stuff like the japanese players styles, pc chris vs foward, chu dat killing ken at 0 percent with the infinite till 100 upsmash kill, tons of great teams matches, and the best from canada, the south, the east , and the west.

For those who already bought one enjoy this dvd because we the staff have really put a lot into it thanks again. Hopefully now i dont have to explain why 25 bucks is really not that much.

Darv

Smash Apprentice
Yeah i ordered one earlier.

Like maximuspita said how long till they get shipped?

manacloud1

Smash Champion
heh

Yeah i ordered one earlier.

Like maximuspita said how long till they get shipped?
we wont do shipping till we get a large order like 30 to 40 dvds so we dont have to keep heading off to the post office and fill out those shipments many time. Instead we want to go off and do it all at once in quantities which is best for us. Meaning once we think we have enough orders we will post on here that we are heading to the post office to ship them off so dont worry.

Right now currently there are 20 dvds bought, hopefully there will be another 20 buyers then we will have enough orders by then to run to the post office to ship it all at once.

support this dvd peoples!!!

araknophobik

Smash Master
i dont know if its already been answered, but would it be possible for me to purchase one in person and just pick it up? i really dont wanna go through ebay and i live in socal.

Elen

Smash Lord
Just a question, is the audio feed on the DVD from the tv's or a microphone? I really wanna here everyone yelling :p Makes smash vids 5 times more entertaining :D

T-Rex

Smash Apprentice
There are so many awsome matches How long are these going to be on sale for, I'm probally going to buy it with my next paycheck (Friday) Think you'll still have copies by then?

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
The eBay sale will last for 10 days. We will gladly post another sale after that if there is enough demand.

Ares726

Smash Ace
I just ordered one and am totally stoked about getting it.

OC staff: Y'all did awesome with the data dvd and encoding to get all these matches on there. Hopefully y'all didn't get scared of by this project so you'll do another one someday.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Yo. I just put in my order. I was there and let me say this: This was perhaps one of the greatest events in Smash, nay in gaming, period, EVER. There were so many awesome matches, and great players that you have to buy this DVD. Hell, if anything, I'd say they're not charging enough for it, after all the hard work spent putting this thing together.

In closing: BUY IT, NOW! Oh, and Neal kicks ***. That is all.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. But don't forget that The Game II, CAOTIC, and Arash put just as much work in on this project as I did. So thank them too :).

po pimpus: ignore the invoice I sent you on eBay. I didn't notice that your payment was still going through paypal.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I ordered one. I can't wait. I was sad to miss this event so thanks for making a DVD guys :).

VarietyBarrage

Smash Journeyman
[Team BS (Sastopher + Blair)] vs. [Hoshino Kei (Hoshino Kirby + Kei)] x3
I dont remember if we played kei and hoshino kirby. Im not sure, but I think this match is us vrs m2k and kdj

Arash

Smash Lord
all i did was drive a bunch and buy a hard drive, i think neal and cao deserve most of the praise for the DVD

on a completely unrelated note, does this mean i get my HD back from neal? or does he need it for other random things? i think caotic said something about having the random non-smash footage on the thing?

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Blair: the bracket has you losing to Hoshino Kei in winners bracket. And your opponent is a Sheik/Peach team, with the Peach's name being the Japanese characters for "KE" and "I"... so I do believe that's Kei's team :).

Elen

Smash Lord
Looks like 34 are purchased now. Just 6 more guys come'on!!! ^.^

Top Bottom