• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ‘Would you rather have in smash?’ game thread

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Gangplank Galleon

Would you rather Palutena or Wario get a moveset overhall to better represent their game?

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Palutena

Would you rather have Ayane or Hayabusa be the rep for Koei Tecmo

Mafew

Smash Rookie
Goemon and Simon Belmont

Would you rather have tripping return or have a piece of paper as a playable character

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Playable paper. Yes. Laboman support.

Would you rather have three Bandai-Namco franchises get playable characters in smash or three Konami-Hudson playable characters?

(Bonus, say which ones you’d like)

Mafew

Smash Rookie
Witch time

Would you rather remove Link, Pikachu, or Kirby. Yes that was 3 choices, but who cares

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Witch time

Would you rather remove Link, Pikachu, or Kirby. Yes that was 3 choices, but who cares
My kidney... I mean, Pikachu

There are loads of Pokémon after all.

And it will pave the way for the addition of luchador or Detective Pikachu. Or Raichu. Or Pikachu.

Would you rather have Vyse (Skies of Arcadia) or Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia). Both have no relevance.

BlazingFireOmega

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jesse-BFO
3DS FC
1693-0474-5023
Goku.

Have a better represented Ganondorf at the cost of cutting both clone Ganondorf and Shiek or have Wolf at the cost of cutting Falco?

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Ganondorf

Would you rather have Mega Man X or Cranky Kong (two characters have used the same name as another character on the roster at one point)?

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Kong

Would you rather have Igglybuff as a playable character, or Pichu as a stage hazard on battlefield?

Mafew

Smash Rookie
Igglybuff

Would you rather have Sanic or Weegi as a playable character

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Weegi, like my memes classic

Would you rather have Ted Lewis return as Dedede (voiced the character in 4kids' dub of Right Back at Ya') or have Richard Yearwood return as Donkey Kong (his speaking voice in the DK Country cartoon)?

chemo

Smash Apprentice
Bring back Ted, definitely. I've actually wanted him to do more voicework as Dedede for a while, including in Smash (or at least get someone who can pull off a similar voice and personality like with Meta Knight).

Would you rather have a character that's really obscure/unconventional but has a unique moveset, or a character that everyone knows but is a clone moveset-wise?

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
obscure/unconventional

Would you rather Paper Mario (unique moveset) or Captain Toad as a new mario rep.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Paper Mario

Would you rather have 15 new characters with 5 new stages, or 20 new stages with only 8 new characters?

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Bandana Dee.

Would you rather have your main be far and away the worst character but the rest of the game is the most balanced smash game by far, or have your main be the strongest character with the rest of the game being completely unbalanced?

Sprite

Smash Cadet
1st option. You could always find a new main right?

Would you rather have Rick/Kine/Koo in Smash or Gooey in Smash

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Gooey, I love Rick but Gooey in Smash would be the dream.

Would you rather have Sonic Team A. write the plot of the story mode and create the soundtrack or B. have them design the stages and manage the game's physics?

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Choice A. I can laugh at the cringe.

Would you rather get 3 New Kirby characters or 3 new F Zero characters?

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
3 New F-Zero, way more potential there in my opinion

Would you rather have Michael Clump as a skin for King Dedede or paintball Dwight as a skin for the Inklings?

Sprite

Smash Cadet
Michael Clump, why not.

Would you rather have 3 new mario characters or 3 new legend of Zelda characters

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Rivals of Aether all the way.

Would you rather wait until release date to play the new Smash or get it RIGHT NOW with the catch being Captain Falcon is now a real person and you have to let him Falcon Punch you ten times before you get to play it?

Mafew

Smash Rookie
Wait

You can choose any character you want for smash switch, but they bring back brawl meta knight, tripping, melee fox, and dark pit stays. Or your character can’t be in smash switch but can be in a later game.

Last edited:

Mafew

Smash Rookie
I’m sorry this post is here. I posted it but can’t delete it.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I have nothing against Roy and want him to stay but I'd prefer Lucas.

Would you rather be granted complete and absolute power over the game's development (you wouldn't have to work on it, but you could dictate the team to add anything you wanted or make anything the way you want it) or be surprised with what the director and the dev team would come up with naturally?

Crazy456Rhino

Smash Rookie
Granted power over the game's development.

Would you rather add in Shovel Knight or Shantae into SSB5?

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Shovel Knight
Although I think both characters have a lot more growing to do before they should be considered for a spot in Smash

Would you rather have the cut characters seriously considered for Melee (Banjo and Kazooie and James Bond) or the cut characters seriously considered for Brawl (Krystal and Geno)?

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Melee
Would you rather Decidueye or Mimikyu as the new Pokemon rep

biigshaq

Smash Rookie
Decidueye, but that's only because I did a quick google on both of them and looked at which one was better looking imo.

WYR have Rosalina, or Mario with a "luma like" Cappy that he can throw around?

Sprite

Smash Cadet
Rosalina, Cappy can be implemented in some other way

Would you rather have the character you have your profile picture get in or have your profile pic be an assist trophy

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I would prefer if they got in, I don't think they would even be a bad pick for a Gen 2 Pokemon and I'd definitely main/co-main Togetic if they miraculously got in.

Would you rather have all the new stages be like Pac-Land (scrolling stages with that MSPaint-like artstyle) or have none of the newcomers you want get in?

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I'm going to say Pac-land and pray for an omega button

Would you rather see a new Donkey Kong rep but 3 Kid Icarus clones are added or a new Metroid rep but all the DLC characters get removed?

Mafew

Smash Rookie
Ivysaur

Would you rather have an Undertale or dark souls character or have someone with more history with Nintendo.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Ivysaur

Would you rather have an Undertale or dark souls character or have someone with more history with Nintendo.
Someone with more history with Nintendo. I’d like to see those other ones, but I’m a sucker for nostalgia characters.

Would you rather have a Teleroboxer character or a second Punch Out character?

Top Bottom