• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ‘Would you rather have in smash?’ game thread

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Okay I guess I'll keep the ball rolling, I'm still enjoying this thread quite a bit.

Would you rather see them add Goldeneye James Bond (cut from Melee) or Tetra (cut from Brawl) as playable?
Haha. You’d think I’d know my own rules, but you’d be surprised. Thank you!

Toon Link, but still a clone.

would you rather have Ridley in accurate size, or Olimar in accurate size?
Ridley.

Would you rather have Ridley as a playable character, or dark Samus and Sylux both as playable characters with Weavil as an AT?

CursedKaiju

Smash Apprentice
Ridley, cause otherwise there really is no point to olimar

would you rather have banjo&kazooie,shantae and spyro or shovel knight, crash and rayman?

D

Deleted member

Ridley, cause otherwise there really is no point to olimar

would you rather have banjo&kazooie,shantae and spyro or shovel knight, crash and rayman?
I'll go with the former.
Would you rather have an even worse Jigglypuff or a much better Bayonetta?

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Worse jigglypuff

Would you rather have each franchise get a new stage or have every single past stage return.

Sprite

Smash Cadet
Viridi cause obviously Corrin has a better moveset than dark pit.

Would you rather have melee fox return or brawl meta knight return

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Melee Fox, mostly for the "TORYAHHH".

Would you rather have Ike look like his brawl self or Smash 4 self?

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Brawl design, actually. I'm not a huge fan of Buff Ike

Would you rather have Corrin cut but replaced with 5 new FE characters or keep the FE lineup as is?
Corrin replaced by 5 new. That’s 5 new!

Red Shells Return but green shells are removed or poke balls removed but every Pokémon who ever was in a pokeball is made an AT.

DeiSakuChris

Smash Apprentice
Corrin replaced by 5 new. That’s 5 new!

Red Shells Return but green shells are removed or poke balls removed but every Pokémon who ever was in a pokeball is made an AT.
Red Shells return. That **** was so fun.

Would you rather have: A Subspace-Emissary style story mode returns with all Smash 5 characters playing a part in it, but at the cost of 5 less possible newcomers included in compared to Smash 4, with no possibility of DLC. (Sorry if I'm not very clear. That'd mean Smash 5 would have 16 newcomers).

Mighty Moose

Smash Cadet
Definitely Subspace. I'm not sure there's even 15 new characters i'd be super excited for!

Your favourite potential newcomer makes it in to the game and Bayonetta gets buffed, or they don't make it and she gets nerfed?

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
Wolf. He has better chances due to Konami and Kojima. And since Sakurai is close friends with Kojima I can't see him coming back. Plus they don't deserve ANYTHING to be represented in Smash. Not even a single trophy with everything they've done to their own employees or treating their franchises that everyone loves like they're disposable and just make pachinko machines out of them. Screw Konami. (Sorry for that rant by the way. I just find them vile)
If you had to pick between a second representative for Namco would it be Lloyd from Tale of Symphonia or Klonoa from the Klonoa series?

BlazingFireOmega

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jesse-BFO
3DS FC
1693-0474-5023
If you had to pick between a second representative for Namco would it be Lloyd from Tale of Symphonia or Klonoa from the Klonoa series?
Klonoa, hands down.

Keep Cloud or replace him with Geno from Mario RPG?

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Sora because the novelty of having a Disney character in Smash would be great

would you rather have amiibo used to unlock new characters, or just the original 12?
Wait, that's vague... I'm gonna go with the second one because I'm interpreting the first part as limited availability DLC which would be a nightmare with Nintendo's stocking track record.

Would you rather they delayed it until first half of 2019 to balance it and add a couple more characters or they released it right at E3 with GameCube controller and competitive scene support?

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Delayed. The more the merrier. Also it would give them more time to bring Subpsace 2

Would you rather see the 3DS stages return or the WiiU ones?

Last edited:

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Delayed. The more the merrier. Also it would give them more time to bring Subpsace 2

Would you rather see the 3DS stages return or the WiiU ones?
Gonna say Wii U. The 3DS does have some fun stages that I want back, too, like Magicant and the Spirit Train, but the Wii U has more stages, and more stages that are fun and memorable to me.

Would you rather have a custom stage builder like Brawl's, or like Smash Wii U's?

Last edited:

iCrash

Smash Cadet
Ooh, tough. I liked the layout of Brawls a little more so I'm gonna go with that.

Would you rather have the rage mechanic back from Smash4, heavily nerfed/changed in some way, or removed entirely?

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Ooh, tough. I liked the layout of Brawls a little more so I'm gonna go with that.

Would you rather have the rage mechanic back from Smash4, heavily nerfed/changed in some way, or removed entirely?
I dont despise rage, but I wont lose sleep if its gone. Removed entirely.

If Snake returns, would you rather him keep his Brawl moveset or have his PM moveset/revemped moveset?

Sprite

Smash Cadet
Fast food mascots would be funnier

Would you rather have Subspace emissary come back or have a condensed version of it that comes with smash run?

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Subspace Emissary

Would you rather have Chrom added with Lucina & Robin getting removed or have Lucina & Robin return with Chrom remaining as part of Robin's final smash.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
Subspace Emissary

Would you rather have Chrom added with Lucina & Robin getting removed or have Lucina & Robin return with Chrom remaining as part of Robin's final smash.
Robin and Lucina returning with Chrom as a part of Robin's final smash.
If who would you pick between Infernape or Emploleon for Smash as a Gen 4 Pokemon representative?

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Robin and Lucina returning with Chrom as a part of Robin's final smash.
If who would you pick between Infernape or Emploleon for Smash as a Gen 4 Pokemon representative?
Infernape. It’s goku in Smash.

Would you rather rather have a Star Trek character or a Star Wars character in Smash?

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Empoleon. I loathe Infernape with a passion.

Would you rather have Wuhu Island or Pilotwings back in Smash Switch?
Pilotwings

Would you rather an SSE that changed the gameplay to match the series the levels came from or one that stayed smash all the time like the original SSE?

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Pilotwings

Would you rather an SSE that changed the gameplay to match the series the levels came from or one that stayed smash all the time like the original SSE?
Honestly I would rather have a Pilotwings stage that has one of the islands from Pilotwings 64 along with the rest so all of the Pilotwings games would be represented.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Honestly I would rather have a Pilotwings stage that has one of the islands from Pilotwings 64 along with the rest so all of the Pilotwings games would be represented.

Keeping th game going:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Keeping th game going:

One that matched the series the levels came from. That sounds pretty damn fun.

Would you rather have a big roster that has a large number of 3rd and 4th party characters, or a small roster that's only 1st and 2nd party?

Last edited:
Top Bottom