• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ‘Would you rather have in smash?’ game thread

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Replace Lucina in 3DS/Wii U with Virtual Boy as a R.O.B. Luigi-clone

Would you rather have a playable Goomba or a playable Boo?

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Playable goomba

Which newcomer announced at E3? Kim Kardashian or Kylie Jenner?

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Let the Groose loose.

Would you rather the next Smash be directed by someone other than Sakurai, or no next Smash at all?

NoUsernameHere

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-4184-3304-2047
I'd rather the next Smash be directed by someone other than Sakurai.

Would you rather have your main cut with the guarantee of more newcomers or have your main stay with the guarantee of no newcomers (aside from the Inklings)?

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
Keep R.O.B. without him I'll be lost.

Would you rather all veterans reuse their Smash 4 renders so their amiibos will be re-released or all the veterans get new renders meaning you need to collect 58 new amiibos for characters you already own.

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
all the veterans get new renders meaning you need to collect 58 new amiibos for characters you already own

Here is a twist to my WYR:
If there was a story mode, Which Boss would you rather see? Medeus (Fire Emblem) OR Kracko (Kirby)

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
Kracko would be really rad.

If there was a story mode, would you rather have Petey Piranha return as a boss or have the Stone Talus from BOtW?

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Stone Talus would be neat

If there was a story mode, Would you rather have Empress Bulblax (From Pikmin) as a boss or have King Bob-omb as a boss?

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
King Bob-omb! One of the first bosses I've ever went against!

WYR declone all current clones or give new movesets to all of the characters who have a clone

Last edited:

NoUsernameHere

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-4184-3304-2047
Declone all current clones.

WYR see the Smash Ball return as an optional item or have a new mechanic which integrates Final Smashes into a match somehow without needing the Smash Ball?

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Eggman as a character. The man's just too entertaining to relegate to any less of a role.

Would you rather have Smash 5 be stuck with Smash 4's menu structure, or Smash 4's singleplayer? (Bear in mind, this means no new singleplayer modes, period.)

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
have my favourite Nintendo hidden gem get a character

WYR have Adeleine (from Kirby) or Maxwell (from Scribblenauts) as a playable character?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Robot Ness.
WYR have next game to have Brawl's art direction or Smash For's GUI design?

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Pinata from Viva Pinata as a Microsoft Rep

Would you rather have Yooka-Laylee or Banjo-Kazooie?

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Pinata from Viva Pinata as a Microsoft Rep

Would you rather have Yooka-Laylee or Banjo-Kazooie?
Banjo-Kazooie would be neat, although I'd like to see Yooka-Laylee just to see how Banjo-Kazooie fans would react.

WYR have DJ Octavio as a stage hazard or as a stage boss (you couldn't defeat him if he were a stage hazard, but he'd be less annoying).

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Assist Trophy (seeing as how assists can become playable in future installments, just like Little Mac)

WYR have Smash Run (like in the 3DS) or have Smash Tour (like in the Wii U)? (I know what I'd do)

Almand

Smash Journeyman
Smash Run. I would like to meet the guy who prefers Smash Tour.

WYR have only Mario rep newcomers, or only Fire Emblem newcomers?

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
All Mario. That way, my man Geno will likely be among those chosen to finally get his chance in Smash! That, and I actually like Mario, whereas I'm incredibly indifferent to Fire Emblem and am among the vocal majority who believes FE is overrepresented as-is.

Would you rather every character's voice, even the silent and nonverbal ones, be changed to that of Smash 4 Fox, or that of Waluigi?

Last edited:

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
Only Mario rep newcomers, has sooo much more variety than Fire Emblem any day.

WYR add Captain Toad and Waluigi, or add Ridley and King K. Rool?

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
Only Mario rep newcomers, has sooo much more variety than Fire Emblem any day.

WYR add Captain Toad and Waluigi, or add Ridley and King K. Rool?
All Mario. That way, my man Geno will likely be among those chosen to finally get his chance in Smash! That, and I actually like Mario, whereas I'm incredibly indifferent to Fire Emblem and am among the vocal majority who believes FE is overrepresented as-is.

Would you rather every character's voice, even the silent and nonverbal ones, be changed to that of Smash 4 Fox, or that of Waluigi?
Waluigi voices, wouldn't that be an improvement? Same question

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Ridley and K. Rool, easy. I am of the opinion that Ridley is, in fact, too big for Smash, but the former two I take way more issue with personally. Captain Toad just isn't cut out for a fighting role in my opinion, and to see him get in over pretty much any other Mario character would make me at least a little miffed, and Waluigi needs to **** off and die like the overexposed, unfunny meme he is.

Would you rather Mario's default costume replaced with 7 GRAND DAD and all his alt costumes removed, or remove all of Shulk's costumes except for Shirtless "im really feeling it xD" Shulk? Basically, pick your poison between two run-into-the-ground memes.

Last edited:

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
The shirtless Shulk, at least it's not inherently awful by itself.

WYR Geno and Crash Bandicoot added while having every other third party removed, or keep them out to save the current 6 third parties?

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
I'd say Geno and Crash without any other 3rd Party

WYR have a Goomba with a baseball bat be playable or have a Waddle Dee with an umbrella be playable?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Goomba with a baseball bat

WYR make it so every time Ness does a KO, the photo-man comes down, pauses the game, does his entire speech, takes a photo, and then resumes the game or every time Sonic gets a Smash Ball, you have to complete the Sonic 1 special stage in order to activate the Final Smash?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Photo-man, of course. It's always a pleasure to see him.
Wyr Bowser to have Zelda's voice clips or Peach's?

Almand

Smash Journeyman
Voice, but I will add that I want his singing voice. I consider either an improvement over his current sounds.

WYR double the power of Lucario's Aura (only does 0.3x damage at 0% while 2 stocks ahead, and 3.6x damage at 190% while 2 stocks behind), or quadruple the power of Rage (1.6x knockback at 150%)?

BlazingFireOmega

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jesse-BFO
3DS FC
1693-0474-5023
Double Lucario's aura.

WRY the "clang"/"clank"/"when two hit collide" sound from Melee come back or have the meteor/spike sound from Smash 4 make a return?

Almand

Smash Journeyman
Spike. It just sounds too good, really gives spiking that extra oomph of hype.

WYR have your least favorite character added as a top-tier clone of your main, or have your favorite newcomer added, but as a bottom-tier clone of your least favorite character?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
My favourite character. I don't care abort tiers and if it fits, a barrowed moveset is not bad.
WYR have your main have an original moveset and be bottom tier or be an A tier clone?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Wario gets his DIY costume, it's gorgeous.
WYR have Peach her Fire Peach costume or a Shadow Queen alt?

Top Bottom