• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tha TMNT Smash-Up Thread. Utrominator hates you!

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
So, I didn't see a topic on this yet, so I thought I'd start one. What are your guys' impressions/thoughts on this game? I personally love it. Wanted to get into Tournament Fighters hardcore back in the day, but I never did. Really happy with this game though. Sure, they're different, but it's still badass. Oh, and yea. Utrominator hates you.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
so?

there's like 50 blizidityblazidyblue threads

discuss the greatness

who you gonna main?

imma be usin dem sais boy

nevershootme

Smash Master
i'm just gonna play all characters until i find the right one (and maybe bump into the most probken character) to play

doesn't matter if people pan this game like trash... at least it's better than brawl. no more ring outs :) except the occasional croc biting to kill you

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
who thinks this game is trash? lol

most of that **** is super avoidable...........

i really want bebop/rocksteady in

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
I'll probably play one of the Rabbids because they're dumb but they look like they can move in the air really well. And also it'll be a free win when I counterpick "Manhattan" and time the opponent out
dear god please don't develop another fighter's metagame into time outs x_x

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
I'll probably play one of the Rabbids because they're dumb but they look like they can move in the air really well. And also it'll be a free win when I counterpick "Manhattan" and time the opponent out
lol max you're like the biggest dikc at timing out <3

supposedly there's 7 more char's left in the game (which may or may not include the 2 rabbids)

imma be pissed if we don't get some 80's cartoon **** in there

baxter stockman fly owning fools for no reason which his revolver that shoots a hand

where u at???

Player-3

Smash Hero
is this for 360?

ive heard about it but never bothered to investigate and since i have my sisters 360 for a good long while im thinking about getting it if its any good

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
here are some other things:

pressing attack while wall clinging does a really really high priority wall attack. but its easily blocked or dodged...but it overrides almost any attack...and different characters have different priority on their wall attack, but in generall wall attacks are very high priority

everyone has broken grab range.

you have much less invincibilty while rolling than you do in smash. for example, you can be grabbed out of a roll.

you can break out of grabs if you react quick enough, you either have to press grab or guard I cant remember.

by default, Y is the jump button. I quickly changed that. (yes you can map controls but i dont think you can turn tap jump off).

as expected, items and most stages are broken.
honestly there are probably 4 stages (that i've seen) total that are suitable for competitive play...and i only like one of those lol

theres no true "pivot"...but the game lets you turn around and do anything whenever you want...i've used a "pivot grab" to my advantage a lot because grab range is really good in this game.

A is regular attack, B is strong attack.

there are preset ground combos.
A,A,A
A,A,B
and A,B

work with everyone...some other characters might have more stuff...butt you seem to always jut want to do AAA becausee
A, A, A with almost every character launches the opponent into the air with EXTREME hitstun. unfornately, there are no aerial raves on this game, so you're only guaranteed one hit after launching an opponent, make it count.

there is no crouching in this game.

you can dash using double tap forward, and you press B to dash attack.

These are the attacks you have:

normal A--jab (tilt forward A does the same move...tilt down A does the same move too lol...and tilt back A turns around and does same move)
smash forward A
Smash Up A
Smash Down A
tilt down+forward A
tilt up+away A (wtf)

tilt forward B
smash forward B
smash up b
smash down b
tilt up b
tilt up+away b (again, wtf)

note that while there is no forward tilt A there is a forward tilt B *shrug*

neutral aerial (pressing forward aerial does the same move, also pressing backward aerial, turns around and does the same move)
up aerial
down aerial (most, if not all characters' down-air is a diving attack similar to g&w's/Ic's/sheik's in brawl)

edit: also A and B do the same moves in the air

characters that i've seen:
the turtles, splinter, april, casey jones, utrominator, fugitoid, raving rabbid, ninja rabbit, splinter (cell) rabbid, i think theres one more rabbid, nightwatcher, foot ninja, karai, shredder

Best characters so far imo are Michelangelo and Karaii. Foot ninja is also good. i haven't played much with the rabbids so I dunno about them....for some reason I'm drawn to casey jones, but he's likely one of the worst characters.

shredder might be the worst character lol..he's prety much the equivalent of brawl ganon

apparently you can unlock one alternate costume for each character but no one knows how to do it with everyone yet.

DC

Smash Cadet
This game looks like garbage and sounds like trash.

I'll money match anyone with any character and I'll only use the AAA combo.

What a deep combo system.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
theONEjanitor, how do you unlock ninja rabbid? I only have splinter cell and raving rabbid. even though ninja will probably suck too :/

lol, I found out jump-cancelling by myself (see earlier post in this topic). it's pretty obvious to find (especially if you know about Melee)

edit: also WTF does the pointer do?
when ninja power is on, you use the pointer to change the item to a different one....yes you basically can choose what item you want to have...but anyone can do it and it would be in the middle of the match so...

also you can interact with many of the stages using the pointer. an example is on the sewer stage you can continuously use the pointer to shoot an area of the screen that will cause water to shoot out and shoot the characters to a new area

dunno how to unlock ninja rabbid, i dont have him either...he just appeared in survival mode or something once

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
max who's playing this game in Gainesville???

btw, *** you this game is as bad as brawl so imma play it for ****s

Nightwatcher/karai/foot ninja/leo/mikey/raph(to a far lesser extent) are all mad good, imo (after playing for like 2 days)

grabs are mad good (at least with the previously mentioned char's) as long as the people don't tech out (which so far is "hard" to do) -- throws lead into MAD techchasing

combos are far more in depth than aaa or aab or ab... lol you can actually combo people, unlike ******-***** brawl (combos aren't as good as melee/2d fighters or w/e but the **** is still doable -- learn2read people more OR not pick ****ty char's)

wall attacks if blocked still lead into an aerial (SO you have to block that aerial too and then punish with a grab or combo)

April ****ing SUCKS

EDIT: oh and Shredder can just WRECK you in the corner

like he does mad damage like CRAZYYYYYYYYYYYY edit: off the wall throws

SUPER EDIT:

IMMA HOST A TOURNAMENT FOR THIS SHIZZZZZZZZZ AT UNF NEXT WEEKEND GET AT ME

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
we've played some teams matches and nothing ******** has happened yet.

there is no friendly fire, so you can do some subsequent stuff, like as casey I like to let my teammate engage the opponent and then run up and forward b (its like a long, strong poke with his hockey stick, that stuns the opponent for like half a second), and then my opponent can combo off of it...but fugitoid, splinter rabbid, and nightwatch both have long range projectile type moves...but I think teams could work, the game works differently from smash

tech chasing is HUGE in this game. So far, the whole game seems to revolve around it. and grabbing...but i'm pretty sure people are going to learn how to break grabs and make it less viable..Rolling is a lot less safe. spotdodging is a lot less safe. being in the corner is a disadvantage, like most fighters. you can do some cool stuff in the corner.
Rising attacks from the ground stun your opponent for a good bit tho, so the opponent has some options. like you can rising attack, and then do your strongest move on the stunned opponent..

the only TRUE combos though are the ground combos, and whatever you managed to link after a launcher. but the game revolves more around tech chasing than landing your AAA combo.

only some characters (karaii/raph for example) can still get in an attack after their wall attack has been blocked. against many of them you can punish with a quick aerial.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Personally, I think Tag team should be used over normal teams (just because of the team attack issue)

Tag team actually is a lot of fun and it adds the team throw into the mix

Yo, pretty much ANY char. can get in a fair if their wall attack is blocked..............

and there's more combos than AAA.... get creative

Jab resets exist in this game and they're HUGE for techchasing

if you get someone stuck on the platform you can do mult. resets with upairs until they fall off which leads into fairs to grabs/combos/more resets lol

it's mad funny

this game has a lot less defense than brawl

this game is more fun than brawl

XD

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Personally, I think Tag team should be used over normal teams (just because of the team attack issue)

Tag team actually is a lot of fun and it adds the team throw into the mix

Yo, pretty much ANY char. can get in a fair if their wall attack is blocked..............

and there's more combos than AAA.... get creative

Jab resets exist in this game and they're HUGE for techchasing

if you get someone stuck on the platform you can do mult. resets with upairs until they fall off which leads into fairs to grabs/combos/more resets lol

it's mad funny

this game has a lot less defense than brawl

this game is more fun than brawl

XD
isn't jab resetting when you punch someone as part of a juggle so you can continue a combo

or are you talking about thunders combo which smash people call jab resetting where you punch someone who's laying on the ground?

the only true combos that your opponent absolutely cant get out of that i've seen are various things from launcher moves and the 3 basic ground combos, what else have you found.

maybe i need to stop playing with ****ty casey jones

another thing about the ground combso is it decays the **** out of your moves

like Casey Jones, smash-forward-b move does like 165 damage...(fyi, i believe the life bar has like 950 hp something like that, it doesn't tell you I just know this from training mode)
and you can combo it after AAA.
but if you do AAA then smash-b it does i think less damage than if you just do smash b by itself.

also AAB does 60 damage
but if you do AAB, but miss the first two A's and just hit with the B, it does the SAME AMOUNT of damage lol

nicaboy

Smash Champion
I just cant see myself playing this game at all. Imma be fair and give it a shot but my god this game just looks horrible to me. Cant see me taking it very serious

tubes

Smash Ace
tech chasing is HUGE in this game. So far, the whole game seems to revolve around it. and grabbing...but i'm pretty sure people are going to learn how to break grabs and make it less viable..Rolling is a lot less safe. spotdodging is a lot less safe. being in the corner is a disadvantage, like most fighters. you can do some cool stuff in the corner.
Rising attacks from the ground stun your opponent for a good bit tho, so the opponent has some options. like you can rising attack, and then do your strongest move on the stunned opponent..
Captain Falcon the fighting game?

Top Bottom