• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TFS: Just when I thought I was out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN. **** Melee

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Hey OTG. I'd hate to infringe on your hospitality, which has been exceedingly wonderful, but I was talking with a friend of mine who was wondering about the possibility of coming on Friday and then staying over through till Saturday? I have no idea whether space or accommodations are an issue or not, but I told him that I'd ask. Of course, we'd bring our own sleeping bags and stuff if there is space.

Edit: Also, to keep barraging you with questions lol, do you guys have any sort of recording equipment? One of my friends would love to record matches.

otg

Smash Master
Hey OTG. I'd hate to infringe on your hospitality, which has been exceedingly wonderful, but I was talking with a friend of mine who was wondering about the possibility of coming on Friday and then staying over through till Saturday? I have no idea whether space or accommodations are an issue or not, but I told him that I'd ask. Of course, we'd bring our own sleeping bags and stuff if there is space.

Edit: Also, to keep barraging you with questions lol, do you guys have any sort of recording equipment? One of my friends would love to record matches.
Ok so to answer your Questions...

A.) If you want to crash over that should be fine for both my crib in New Ro and my place at SUNY Purchase.. but I'm still not sure which venue we could use. I'll keep you posted on that for a few days.
B.) Yes, jona has a camera but it's not direct capture, just take a look at the recent videos we've had lately to get an idea of what the quality is like :

www.youtube.com/maxisku2

I'll be home by tuesday, so I'll def have everything figured out soon.

EDIT:

Just saw Jona's last post. First of all, TFS is a great ****ing crew name. It's official. Also, Jona officially beasted out tonight, mad props dude. Good **** on winning that MM.

Double EDIT:

I think Nick is going to sleep over at my place on friday too, so we'll have 4 people that night. Teams? We should have two set ups, I'll keep you posted on that. Who are you planning on friday Reaver?

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Awesome, so very awesome. I'm thinking that maybe all of the people I'm bringing will probably come Friday. I don't know actually if they all will, but I was planning on telling everyone. Is that possibly too many people to handle?

otg

Smash Master
Awesome, so very awesome. I'm thinking that maybe all of the people I'm bringing will probably come Friday. I don't know actually if they all will, but I was planning on telling everyone. Is that possibly too many people to handle?
Well like... here's the thing. If we are at my place at SUNY, it's an apartment meant for 6 people, and we have two people already who sleep on our couches so we have 8 there. But, most of the people who live here will probably be home for Thanksgiving so we can hopefully accommodate, especially if you have some sleeping bags.

If we are at my place in New Ro we will def be good, I'll have an open house Friday... not too sure about saturday though which poses a slight problem as to whether or not I can have like 10 or 15 people over a Smashfest... but I'll try and pull my magic. TBH, I would rather do it in New Ro because we will have more room and more places to sleep, but noise will prolly end up being a factor. So like I said, I'll figure it out.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Ok. Just tell me what's up, and I'll accommodate our plans to fit wherever we end up being.

otg

Smash Master
Jona, updated the page, you should post here w'e your vids are all up.

EDIT: Jona you should talk to that guy who made your sig and have him create one for our Crew.

Make sure it has, TFS, each one of our names w/ our main so something like....

Westchester's T.F.S.

Jona OTG Kiru Niko45 SH3L Moko879

*pic of Falcon* *Doc/BlueDK lol I need both) *fox* *Marth* *kirby with Fox hat lol* *jigglypuff*

Just something like that, all next to one another. Feel me?

otg

Smash Master
It's not that crazy, people have sigs like that all the time. I just want a sig that says our crew name with each of our names and pic of our mains below it/next to it.

Details on the smashfest tomorrow.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
well i got someone to do the sig for us.

and idk how its gonna turn out but the kid does good work.

the guy that made my sig isnt making anymore.

so we'll see.

SMASHFEST*****S

otg

Smash Master
So Reaver, quick question. How are you guys getting up here? We can crash at my place friday in New Ro but it's iffy as to whether or not we can hold do saturday there. We might need to go to SUNY.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Seems like we're doing well here, just really waiting for the location to be finalized. I personally think it would be best to try and stay at one location, just so its easier for lugging around set-ups and things like that. If you think there'll be enough space at Purchase, then I'm totally fine with being there if there isn't anything preventing us from doing so.

otg

Smash Master
Space isn't the issue, it's noise. I might've just found a fantastic venue for it in New Ro though, I'll have to see how that plays out. As of right now, we are set for New Ro. Will you guys be driving? If so I'll give you my address for Mapquest.

S.R. XXVII

Smash Ace
Space isn't the issue, it's noise. I might've just found a fantastic venue for it in New Ro though, I'll have to see how that plays out. As of right now, we are set for New Ro. Will you guys be driving? If so I'll give you my address for Mapquest.
Good ****. New Ro it is. I'll find a way there, some how. Just look out for a black guy with glasses that looks lost, lol.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Awesome, yeah, New Ro is perfectly fine with us if it works for you.

But, yeah, I'll be driving people up there, so having an address to go to would be helpful, lol.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Ah, thank you for the address.

Currently, I'm thinking that what will happen is that I'll be driving people up in a mini-van, lol. Soccer mom style. One friend of mine is doing stuff until later on Friday night, and will drive up on his own later. I'm not quite sure when we're planning on heading over, because a group of them are having a high school reunion, and I don't know when they finish with that. Hopefully they'll get back to me soon with that.

I am bringing a tv and a wii with me. I was hoping to get more, but we can't really figure out a way to bring others.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
hm well thats 3 in total. so thats 6 people doing singles.

i think one more would be good

so we can just play non stop for like 5 hours lol

i hate waiting for people to play and i have to watch.

unless theyre really good an exciting players.

holy crap this is happening this saturday right?

dam time flies. cant wait

otg

Smash Master
Ok so... this might turn into like a friday STD lol. We should do this event like saturday morning/afternoon so I can get some clean up time. I can't wait yo this is going to be sick.

Now here's the deal with recording. If anyone has splitters for A/V cables we can record with Sam's dazzle. Even if we only have one, we can record video but not audio. With two we'll get both. Please let me know. I have some at school but I don't know if I'll have time to get out there.

EDIT:

Well like.. for Saturday I'm going to push for my mom to come home Saturday night so I can clean up and ****. We should def be able to play Saturday, but a Friday STD is optimal.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
werd, but itll only be there for saturday.

you guys plan on sticking around for a few hours saturday right?

i wanna get a bunch of matches in with everyone there.

EDIT MOFO:

wait, splitters? i have tons of cable stuff here. let me look up what a splitter is first lol

max what does it look like? lol find me a pic so i can bring them.

i know i have it, i just dont know what it looks like

Reaver197

Smash Lord
A Friday STD would definitely be the most optimal, lol. I personally can't stay too late on Saturday because I have to go work on Sunday, so if it were a Saturday only thing, I wouldn't be able to stay that long into the evening, and neither would my friends probably by extension, since I'm driving them around.

Unfortunately, I have no RCA cables or splitters at around my house. Poop, I probably could've checked out some from work if I had known we'd need some, lol.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Maybe like 8 or 9ish if I stayed around past dinner, which we can stay probably even with the STD.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Alright, my friends are heading up right now, so soon we'll be heading over.

I look forward to meeting all of you.

otg

Smash Master
Ok, time for shoutouts after this amazing freaking Smashfest, it was awesome meeting all of you and I hope we can try and do this again soon (December?):

-Mikael: Dude thank you so much for getting in touch and helping me organize this. Your Falcon is beast, we need to get more DK v. Falcon matches in there. Thanks a lot for staying over. It was too much fun.

-Sheldon: I'm really glad you were able to come out to this. Your low tiers are freaking awesome and your Ganon/Samus/Falcon/Falco all show great potential. Any time I'm in New Ro I'll def hit you up.

-M.Tian: Our matches were really awesome. Our Doc v. Fox/Sheik/Falcon/Marth were all awesome.. but I really need to step up my Doc v. Marth game, you might be right about him being the hardest fight. We def need to play more, our matches were intense.

-Kenny: It was good seeing you, I really enjoyed those Doc v. Ganon matches, I just wish we could've gotten a few more in. Your low tiers are pretty freaking beast too. I'm glad we got to meet up again.

-Nick: I'm glad you could make it out for today, I just wish more heads were willing to stay over so you could play them the next day. Regardless, your Marth is as beast as ever, I need to figure out some way to counter him lol (Marth dittos?). Hit me up about this weekend.

-Jesse (Deustch?sp?): It was good to meet you. Your Fox/Jiggz are pretty **** good, and those team matches we played were close as hell. I hope we can play more in the future, and go easy on Spruce lol.

-Ida/Frasier: I didn't get to play you guys in singles, but our doubles matches were. I wish you guys were willing to stay the next day so we could get more matches in, that would've been tight. Regardless, nice meeting both of you, I'll get some singles on you guys next time.

-Sam: As always good ****, our team matches were sick. It's too bad you couldn't come through the next day, we were all really hoping to record some matches. Regardless, I'll be around in New Ro till tomorrow/maybe monday so hit me up.

-Jona: Oh wait a minute, I'm sorry. Where the **** were you? This smashfest was exactly what you needed to step your **** up. I'm sure you had a good reason, but you should've made sure your Saturday was free for this... hit me up sometime this week and lets crack it.

Anyway, things went smoothly and it was awesome meeting all of you. We DEF need to do this again during the break, hopefully for sometime when we are all free and can spend the night. Hopefully next time we can actually record some matches and maybe next time, MOKO/SH3L/Jona/Weed/Buck from my crew can actually come and not be a bunch of *****es.

Top Bottom