• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TFS: Just when I thought I was out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN. **** Melee

CaptainPREQ

Smash Rookie
Why would otg leave melee for some other game? He's JUST starting to get good at melee. I mean seriously. This otg kid could be the next P.O.F. You just can't mess with this kind of success.

R00R

Smash Journeyman
Nothing will replace melee for me but it is refreshing to play something new.

The lack of a crouch cancel is annoying but its not a deal breaker, if anything it just causes the game to favor offense much like SSB64.

otg

Smash Master
Why would otg leave melee for some other game? He's JUST starting to get good at melee. I mean seriously. This otg kid could be the next P.O.F. You just can't mess with this kind of success.
As hilarious as this post is, the truth is I really am only JUST starting to get good at melee. Like yeah, we've all been OK for awhile, but I'm feeling like I'm actually getting GOOD now (the definition being, has a chance to win $ at this game). That said, P.O.F. is probably the worst smasher I've ever played.

Nothing will replace melee for me but it is refreshing to play something new.

The lack of a crouch cancel is annoying but its not a deal breaker, if anything it just causes the game to favor offense much like SSB64.
Yeah, I can imagine it will be a lot of fun, just can't have expectations like "this will replace melee" or some nonsense, cause it won't.

I will disagree however, with your claim that SSB64 is more offense oriented. I feel that game is actually the most campy at high levels of play due to how easy it is to punish people on their mistakes. It forces you to pick your spots and approach VERY carefully, and believe me, on Kalliera certain players will do nothing but run away or hold down an optimal position for them for as long as they need to...... there is NO timer.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
What are you talking about, R00R? P:M definitely has CCing. The CC engine is pretty ********, but it's still there.

Oh, well I'm on this topic - do any of you guys know if they fixed landing detection yet? That crap is destroying any possibility of me playing P:M right now. (Not being able to do aerials close to the ground = fail :facepalm:)

R00R

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I was messing around with CC, it seems very off.
I took Twebbs word for it that it wasnt there as a result.

I haven't had a chance to play anyone good so its hard to get a feel for the game, I just run around trying to be technical while all my noob friends kill them selves.

The landing detection **** is more noticable deppending on what character you are.
Its annoying at first but you get used to it.

The game feel radically different and improved since I last played it.
I really like what that have done with Lucas, feels like a brand new character.
Playing Mario feels like a dream, especially with the Mickey Mouse Texture =D

CaptainPREQ

Smash Rookie
Ok. All in favor of switching to project M before otg can win a melee tournament...say "I" lol. no, but seriously I do wanna check this game out now. Any noteworthy changes to samus?

Skinhoff

Smash Cadet
Ok. All in favor of switching to project M before otg can win a melee tournament...say "I" lol. no, but seriously I do wanna check this game out now. Any noteworthy changes to samus?
Yeah, they gave her vagina an anti-****** condom.

R00R

Smash Journeyman
Samus isn't in the demo :(

It only includes the characters that are finished.
Fox Falco Marth Sheik Zelda Ganon Link Jigs Falcon Mario Lucas Sonic and Snake.

R00R

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I think they wanted to focus on the fun characters first...

I forgot G&W is in it too.

Niko45

Smash Master
Yea crouch cancelling contributes greatly to offensive play in melee. It often gives you a solid hedge to committing to an approach.

R00R

Smash Journeyman
Wow, such Melee bias in there character choices to work on first. And they want to say this game isn't Melee 2.0 lolll
When you load the game up it says "Melee 2.0" in the top left corner. lol

Who wants to play this weekend? I know all you niqqas wanna take it for a test spin.

otg

Smash Master
I think that G$/Alu and all those guys are going to want to have a fest probably saturday since No Johns was cancelled. Maybe we can all meet up and put something together?

I can't really get a pic in HAB, I'm supposed to be paying attention and not on the boards, but here I am. We are here in the library doing a session to go over how to properly use the school's database to get research materials for term papers and what not. What's dope is the person running the seminar asked the class for examples of topics people might do their papers on, so I volunteered my topic idea and now she's pretty much doing my research for me in front of the whole class.

And my hot teacher likes my topic idea so much that she is personally giving me links and references to check out to help me out. This is getting out of hand, I gotta bang this *****.

Skinhoff

Smash Cadet
I think that G$/Alu and all those guys are going to want to have a fest probably saturday since No Johns was cancelled. Maybe we can all meet up and put something together?

I can't really get a pic in HAB, I'm supposed to be paying attention and not on the boards, but here I am. We are here in the library doing a session to go over how to properly use the school's database to get research materials for term papers and what not. What's dope is the person running the seminar asked the class for examples of topics people might do their papers on, so I volunteered my topic idea and now she's pretty much doing my research for me in front of the whole class.

And my hot teacher likes my topic idea so much that she is personally giving me links and references to check out to help me out. This is getting out of hand, I gotta bang this *****.
*****, what are you waiting for? Tell her to prepare her anus.

R00R

Smash Journeyman
I'm playing with salad bowl tomorrow, anyone want to play?

Oh and Bob$ jr is back and he is looking fresh.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I'm down for tomorrow.

Though, it will be a ***** and a half to get to your place from here. I'll see how that goes.

Top Bottom