• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so I have the following .brres files:
000, 011, 021, 031, 041, 051, 061, 071, 081, 091, 101, 111 ... 191, 211, 221 ... 341, 361, 371, 380, 401, 431, 451, 461.

... mean the pattern continues throughout.

I assume that means I'm missing the majority of them? Would that explain why they don't extract anything but the small1 for each character?

if that's the case, does anyone have the complete .brres files uploaded to megaupload or something? I'd love you forever if you do.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Day 3 on my texture recolors. I've made some successful recolors for Yoshi, Dedede, and Luigi. I've also managed to use the CUPASH to make character select images for my hacked recolors. Although the only images that worked were the ones marked with "_big".

spine

Smash Rookie
I can't seem to run step 2.
every time I try, it says "I can't find FitToonLink.pac.pcs" even though the file's in the same folder, and it's obviously acknowledging that.
Can someone help?

Starshadow76

Smash Cadet
I'm confused.

So if I'm using v1.1 it should work...

But how do I do it as far as file placement.

private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\info\portrite\ (what's next?)

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
all of my stage files are .pacs, can those be used instead of .pcs

can someone give an example of the name of a stage texture file?

"STG[insert name here].pcs" doesn't tell me what the specific name for the stage is

quinn95

Smash Journeyman
None of the textures are working,
this is my location for one:

private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\pikmin\Tingle05.pcs

And I have tried other pcs's,

and I just copy'd the codes out of the code box.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Another quick question, the codes on the OP, they don't work with PAL, but would they work with Japanese Brawl?

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Mic, I don't think they would. Each disc region has a different (RSB_), so I'm pretty sure those would just work on NTSC copies of Brawl, because they're RSBE01 codes.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah, was afraid of that. Typical that I've got all versions of Brawl that I've got all versions of Brawl except the US one.

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
...sbav...need...texture...code...pal...
Anyway,did someone downloaded the Pedochu texture?Because it is hilarious!

Starshadow76

Smash Cadet
Tutorial kinda sucked. :?

But they thing that really cofuses me is how were sapose to get a png and make it into a common_5.pac

And where it goes exactly.... Somebody helps mah.

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
Someone should make a zip file with all the in-battle portraits. It'd be a pain for every single person to have to get all 100 or so of those....

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Guide + Everything you need for CSPs:
http://www.mediafire.com/?rzpcc0xzzm9

by TELB

It was really simple with this, even for me.
Cool. Just one question. If you've downloaded a custom texture, how would you get that to show up on your CSS? I'm assuming I would have to go through steps 4 and 5 differently, but I'm not sure what to do at that stage.

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
Cool. Just one question. If you've downloaded a custom texture, how would you get that to show up on your CSS? I'm assuming I would have to go through steps 4 and 5 differently, but I'm not sure what to do at that stage.
Put the downloaded texture into the 'newfiles' folder, and name it so it replaces the one you want.

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
Can someone hand me a link to the very best ASH texture making tutorial please? Thanks in advance.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm confused.

So if I'm using v1.1 it should work...

But how do I do it as far as file placement.

private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\info\portrite\ (what's next?)
In order for your character portraits to appear in the game, you need to insert a series of "InfFace###.brres" files into the "portrite" folder.

So far, I've had success with the big portraits, but I've had no luck with the small portraits. I think it has to do with the fact that I could be lacking some "InfFace###.brres" files.

Also, in the folder "system," make sure that there's a file called "common5.pac" in there. If the file says "common5_en.pac," you need to remove the "_en" part of the file name.

KRiMz0N

Smash Journeyman
my feet are draggin down on this dusty old road
i don't want help getting the textures onto my wii, because i'm not looking to do that.
i'm not good at rereading walls of text to find my answer so can someone point me toward the right post, or explain from scratch, how the files come from your wii onto the sd card, then onto your computer for editing? i don't get how you could edit the files with something like photoshop, because the file type of the character textures are not something a computer could read etc.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
I was wondering, will the texture hacks work for the Japanese version?
Yes, but don't go by the instructions here, these are for NTSC. (USA)

Another question, I screwed up with my CSPs somehow. While editing them, I made sure the palette on every single one was 71, the background is in magenta, (FF00FF) and the names of the files are correct.

When I booted them up, none of them worked except the ones that came with the CUPASH new files. Those had some sort of light grey and dark grey checkered background. All the .tga files with a magenta background didn't work, all the .tga files with a checkered background did work and I could see them in the CSS. So I'm guessing that putting a checkered background will make it work, so how do I insert something like that in a .tga pic? I'm using GIMP.

EDIT: Found out how to do the checkered background. XD Wow.
But still, do .tga files with checkered backgrounds work and the ones with magenta don't? That YouTube tutorial said that we had to have magenta.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
well it looks like you can replace, character and stage textures as well as CSPs and music, but can you replace character sounds (voices) with an sd loader?

cause i have no clue where their data is located in the game (and it'd be epic to make link say "ECUUUUUUUUUSE ME PRINCESS" every time he taunts)

(I think it might be under the effects folder (for sound effects) but i'm not sure of a way to make sound files into the right pac files)

VietGeek

Smash Hero
But still, do .tga files with checkered backgrounds work and the ones with magenta don't? That YouTube tutorial said that we had to have magenta.
Yeah you need to fill the transparency with magenta more often than not. In my case, raw CSPs with transparency would produce a black square in-game despite not being modified aside from being indexed.

So you need magenta. Be sure to apply the magenta before you index from RGB...I think.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Yeah you need to fill the transparency with magenta more often than not. In my case, raw CSPs with transparency would produce a black square in-game despite not being modified aside from being indexed.

So you need magenta. Be sure to apply the magenta before you index from RGB...I think.
I...... don't understand what you're trying to say..... Fill the transparency with magenta more often than not? And by raw CSPs you mean the regular CSPs, correct?

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
Don't i have to convert the .pcs into a .tga file somehow?
As in, take a custom texture and try to make it apply as a .tga? No. You have to edit a .tga yourself in photoshop or GIMP and make it look like how you want it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom