• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
the gecko os folder needs to be in the apps folder, so it should look like this:

X:\apps\GeckoOS107b

where X is your sd card's drive letter.
New problem. I got gecko OS to work but when I loaded it, there were no options for it and basically I had to shut off my wii manually. Help..?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
First, do you have all Gamecube memory cards unplugged ?

(This is a common mistake)

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
Also, last night I saw a post somewhere that has the character .pcs color list (such as the first post has, telling you 00 - default, 01 - red, etc. for each character) that also had the csp images letting you exactly which ones to replace. Unfortuantley I was too stupid to save the link. Anybody have any idea where that might be? :)

I guess it's not TOO hard to compare against each image, but that list would be a huge time saver.

http://stacksmash.cultnet.net/STUFFZ/PAC LIST.txt

Marshtomp8

Smash Rookie
if you knew what I was talking about, why did you make the assumption that there was a 5 hour diffrance, thus meaning I wasnt in the PAL region.
Ahhhh. gotcha there =P

anyway, Im not "moaning" about the lack of code. of course it takes awhile to port them. its just, no one shows any intrest in doing so. it'd be nice if we know if anyone is doing it or not, thats all.

Revven

FrankerZ
Yea I did :X. K Prime helped me :D

Question now: Is there a limit of texture hacks you can put on one character?
Well technically, no but, once you fill up all their respective colors, yes.

Also, updated OP with stage texture guide, it's pretty short because most the same steps apply.

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
Also, updated OP with stage texture guide, it's pretty short because most the same steps apply.
Maybe you should make a list of what each stage's name is, because of cases like Delfino Plaza being named 'STGDOLPIC'.
Then again, each of the 4 stages released has the name in the file already...

Revven

FrankerZ
Maybe you should make a list of what each stage's name is, because of cases like Delfino Plaza being named 'STGDOLPIC'.
Then again, each of the 4 stages released has the name in the file already...
I don't have a list or a way of finding out the stage names. Someone do it for me plz.

khxbi.

jokey665

Smash Ace
I don't have a list or a way of finding out the stage names. Someone do it for me plz.

khxbi.
Code:
Battle Field		STGBATTLEFIELD.PAC
Yoshi's Island		STGCRAYON.PAC
Delphino Plaza		STGDOLPIC.PAC
75m			STGDONKEY.PAC
Big Blue (Melee)	STGDXBIGBLUE.PAC
Corneria (Melee)	STGDXCORNERIA.PAC
Jungle Japes (Melee)	STGDXGARDEN.PAC
Green Greens (Melee)	STGDXGREENS.PAC
Onett (Melee)		STGDXONETT.PAC
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)	STGDXPSTADIUM.PAC
Rainbow Cruise (Melee)	STGDXRCRUISE.PAC
Temple (Melee)		STGDXSHRINE.PAC
Yoshi's Island (Melee)	STGDXYORSTER.PAC
Brinstar (Melee)	STGDXZEBES.PAC
Distant Planet		STGEARTH.PAC
Mario Bros.		STGFAMICOM.PAC
Final Destination	STGFINAL.PAC
Port Town Aero Dive	STGFZERO.PAC
Green Hill		STGGREENHILL.PAC
Flat Zone 2		STGGW.PAC
Halberd			STGHALBERD.PAC
Summit			STGICE.PAC
Rumble Falls		STGJUNGLE.PAC
Mario Circuit		STGKART.PAC
Warioware, Inc.		STGMADEIN.PAC
Luigi's Mansion		STGMANSION.PAC
Mushroomy Kingdom 1	STGMARIOPAST_00.PAC
Mushroomy Kingdom 2	STGMARIOPAST_01.PAC
Shadow Moses Isle (Rex)	STGMETALGEAR_00.PAC
Shadow Moses Isle (Ray)	STGMETALGEAR_01.PAC
Shadow Moses (Gecko)	STGMETALGEAR_02.PAC
New Pork City		STGNEWPORK.PAC
Norfair			STGNORFAIR.PAC
Bridge of Eldin		STGOLDIN.PAC
Frigate Orpheon		STGORPHEON.PAC
Skyworld		STGPALUTENA.PAC
Pictochat		STGPICTCHAT_en.PAC
Pirate Ship		STGPIRATES.PAC
Hanenbow		STGPLANKTON.PAC
Pokemon Stadium 2	STGSTADIUM.PAC
Spear Pillar (Dialga)	STGTENGAN_1.PAC
Spear Pillar (Palkia)	STGTENGAN_2.PAC
Spear Pillar (Cresselia)STGTENGAN_3.PAC

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
2 questions:

1. When I replace textures for Pika and jiggs, do I need to be specific with their hats? Like, could I load a shiny pikachu onto goggle pikachu, or venonat onto ribbon jiggly?

2. When renaming the textures, does capitalization count? Could I name the texture, say, fitcaptain01.pcs, instead of FitCaptain01.pcs?

Thanks in advance to whoever answers me. :)

VietGeek

Smash Hero
1. When I replace textures for Pika and jiggs, do I need to be specific with their hats? Like, could I load a shiny pikachu onto goggle pikachu, or venonat onto ribbon jiggly?

2. When renaming the textures, does capitalization count? Could I name the texture, say, fitcaptain01.pcs, instead of FitCaptain01.pcs?

Answers
1. You need to choose the one with the right model. The hats slightly edit the character models so you have to select the one the texture hack is based off.

2. It's not case-sensitive.

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
Answers
1. You need to choose the one with the right model. The hats slightly edit the character models so you have to select the one the texture hack is based off.
Wrong, it does not matter. I have Pichu as the hat one, Raichu as the headband one, and Dot as the goggles one.

Princz15

Smash Apprentice
do i put the stage textures into the melee folder??
I made the "stage" folder in the "pf" folder and then inside the "stage" folder i made the melee foler as directed. i downloaded phazonfair a texture hack for norfair do i put it in the melee folder? and how do i name it because i was confused at that

Edit: also why should we name them STG[insertstagenamehere].PCS when they come as a .PAC file?

Sukai

Smash Champion
At question 1, I assume since "melee" is the directory, the stages are to go there. The names are above, higher up this page.
At question 2, I don't know, it's probably an error in instructions, try it with the .pac file and if it doesn't work, then there might be an issue.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Wrong, it does not matter. I have Pichu as the hat one, Raichu as the headband one, and Dot as the goggles one.
Alright, that's what I heard from someone here when we first got texture hacks.

Nice to know I was corrected.

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if this might be asked but how would you run wiiscrubber to extract the common5.pac?

Put in the brawl disc in my drive and run it..?

Or if anyone else could pm me another way to get it? ;]

Edit: Do I use something to extract the iso out of my brawl disc? Because my dvd drive isn't reading it :|

Princz15

Smash Apprentice
At question 1, I assume since "melee" is the directory, the stages are to go there. The names are above, higher up this page.
At question 2, I don't know, it's probably an error in instructions, try it with the .pac file and if it doesn't work, then there might be an issue.
Thanks it worked as a pac file. i'm good now =]
this is so awesome stage and characters lol

When i downloaded it it cam like this

"Phazonfair][STGNORFAIR.pac"

All i had to do erase everything before STG so in order for it to work it had to be like this:

"STGNORFAIR.pac"

Plz re-do instructions TC so that no one else suffers same problem

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Hmmmm. I was playing samus vs MK wit my texture hack and then when I killed MK and when he was coming back I pressed start while charging my neutral B and it froze...well the music was still playing but the screen froze basically. Any details?

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
Hmmmm. I was playing samus vs MK wit my texture hack and then when I killed MK and when he was coming back I pressed start while charging my neutral B and it froze...well the music was still playing but the screen froze basically. Any details?
You have Pokeball textures at all?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I needed a different .gct file, obtainted from Vyse. Im not sure what he had on it, but it had something I didn't have.
I believe it had this -

Dynamic SD Loader: v1.1[Phantom Wings]
205A8080 80456FF0
20BDE868 00000000
04494E5C 805A8440
04BDE868 805A8080
E0000000 80008000
045A855C 01000000
C201CD04 0000000A
38A00000 3C80805A
60848440 7C032000
40820030 3884FC40
80640388 80A4038C
2C050000 4182000C
7C7B1850 90640388
93640390 38A00001
90A40394 38A00001
2C050001 7F64DB78
38A00020 00000000
0401CD08 41820008
C202632C 00000007
3D608003 616BB160
7C0802A6 7C0B0000
4082001C 3D60805A
616B8080 816B0388
7C035800 40820008
4E800020 9421FFE0
60000000 00000000
C201CDA4 00000004
3DC0805A 61CE8080
81CE0388 7C1D7000
40820008 3BC00020
93D80008 00000000
0403B000 48000014
This loads common5_en.pac (or w/e it's called) before the opening cinematic so you can load CSPs.

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
In your "info" folder the directory "portrite" should contain your new InfFace.brres files.
put them in your SD card in
private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\info\portrite\

I'm not getting any thing in the portrite file, what am I doing wrong?
I downloaded a CSP set and dragged into the new files and ran the second step x.x

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
In your "info" folder the directory "portrite" should contain your new InfFace.brres files.
put them in your SD card in
private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\info\portrite\

I'm not getting any thing in the portrite file, what am I doing wrong?
I downloaded a CSP set and dragged into the new files and ran the second step x.x
Portrite folder contains in-battle portraits, you never made any. You need to put the original in-battle portraits into the neededfiles folder before starting if you want to make those.

EDIT: Starshadow, look up.

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
Oddly enough, when I extracted all the brres files or whatever I only got the small portrait for the default color (1), so in games didn't work for me... and none of the big images work on the character select screen, only on the results screen. ;(

I wonder what went wrong?

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
I need some help. I'm not getting textures to show up. What's wrong with this? I think I did everything, and I'm waiting for the sounds to stop before I press start.

F:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\sonic

FitSonic01.rar

The code I'm using is coming from the three codes Falco400 posted, and was converted into a .gcf file. Are you not supposed to put spaces between them?

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
Oddly enough, when I extracted all the brres files or whatever I only got the small portrait for the default color (1), so in games didn't work for me... and none of the big images work on the character select screen, only on the results screen. ;(

I wonder what went wrong?
You using the SD Loader v1.1 code? And do you have the common5 in the right spot? That'd be why they dont show up on the character select screen.

EDIT: Nintendevil, its FitSonicXX.pcs and FitSonicXX.pac, not .rar. Rars are basically zip files.

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
You using the SD Loader v1.1 code? And do you have the common5 in the right spot? That'd be why they dont show up on the character select screen.

EDIT: Nintendevil, its FitSonicXX.pcs and FitSonicXX.pac, not .rar. Rars are basically zip files.
I can't extract them. Do I just rename it under that extension or do I convert it with some program. Also what's the common5?

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
I can't extract them. Do I just rename it under that extension or do I convert it with some program. Also what's the common5?
You need winrar to extract them. Google it.

Common5 is one of the files you used to make the portraits.... it was the file you put in the 'neededfiles' folder, and it was put into the system folder in the end.

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I've followed all the instructions on the CPUASH thing, but does it work with v1.3?

I seem to have (somewhat) the same problem UltimateRazor had I think o.o

EDIT: Going to use SD Loader 1.1 now! I'll post back the results.

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman

Yes, but I just realized, I don't think I ever renamed it from common5_en.pac to just common5.pac after doing step2 which I believe you have to do? That'd explain it. :laugh:

edit: yay it works, although whatever common5 I had extracted from had a bunch of custom images that shouldn't have been there so they're showing up ;(
also in game portraits still don't show up, probably due to the brres or whatever they're called not extracting more than just the small portrait for the defautl color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom