• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texture and Vertex Hack Database & How-to Thread

MDJA109

Smash Cadet
No I'm NTSC, I've tried this one http://www.mediafire.com/?ngammm2yiuj, and I fixed the name, and these two for SV http://www.mediafire.com/?i088xc3be5t1uv6 and http://www.mediafire.com/?gty2wymz2zq these are the links provided from brawlvault

EDIT: Okay so I added the Infinite Replay and Tag in Reply codes into the bottom of the Phantom Wings code and my game freezes up at stage selection or when I choose a stage, sometimes it goes through. I'm not sure if this problem was from before the Infinite Replay code or it has been doing that causing me to think it was the textures freezing the game.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Which folder do you put rel files for stages in?

Nevermind, i remembered, it's module, ignore this.

comboking

Smash Master
I didn't want to make a new thread for this and I know this might not be the right place for this post. But I was wondering what is the difference between a texture and a vertex hack? I have an idea but I want to make sure I have all of my facts straight. Since I am making a texture pack.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
A texture hack is just changing the texture of a model, while a vertex hack is changing the points on a model to make it look different.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I've been trying to get the stage textures to work and I have them in the melee folder. I have NTSC-U. I had to make the melee folder, And i rename them to the default pac names. Like STGBATTLEFIELD.PAC. Somebody help a brother out

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
1. Is it in pf\stage\melee ?
2. Do you have the File Patch 3.5.1 code on?

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Hope Im not unnecessarily bumping it, but Ive followed all the instructions as followed on the first page, and they still refuse to work. Im currently running 4.1E on my Wii, and Im running it through the latest version of Gecko.

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
Yeah it in pf/stage/melee.
And the file patch 3.5.1 code is on.
Did your stage come with a .rel file? Some stages won't work (or in my case, freeze my Wii) without that file.

If that's the case, I would help, but you're supposed to create a folder titled 'module'. Since the Vertex and Texture hacking guide doesn't mention this, I'm unsure what to do.

If that's your problem, it goes pf/module

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Updated with a new One Slot Hyper Shadow. Redownload if you downloaded beforehand.

I'll be making this short.

There we go. This is a full color pack for my Brawl Style Shadow, mainly to use with Silent or Mastaklo's Shadow movesets. As shown, newly made textures for Super and Hyper Shadow are included, both for normals and Final Smashes. There is also another Hyper Shadow included in a folder that doesn't have his spines automatically styled up, so you can use it with the Hyper Sonic moveset and have the right look.

Use however you like. Enjoy everyone. :3

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=15157&Moderated=All&facebook=true

---------------------------------

Due to the new 1 slot Hyper Shadow, I went ahead and revamped his old alternate colors to match the new model perfectly. So here's a Hyper Shadow Pack.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=15186

WeretigerX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PentSage
On the new version of the homebrew channel, I have no clue how to load GeckoOS. There is no option for it.

WeretigerX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PentSage
When I load the Homebrew channel, there are just bubbles and nothing else comes up unless I press start. Then other options come up and the only thing I can really do is go to Bootmii.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Is your SD Card inserted? Have you put Gecko OS in the right folder? All of the packaged files should be in "/apps/Gecko OS" for it to appear on the list. That includes the boot.elf/dol, meta.xml and icon.png files. (it doesn't matter what the Gecko OS folder is called btw)

At the bare minimum you should at least have the boot.elf/dol file in there for it to appear on the list.

WeretigerX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PentSage
Yes. All those conditions are met. How do I get to GeckoOS from the homebrew channel now? I can't seem to find an option. I'm on 4.3 and I installed Homebrew via Stack Smash.

MigueelDnd

Smash Rookie
I followed the awesome guide on the first post. I'll start learning and some day I hope I can do something like those epic character and stage mods.

Anyways, I was wondering something. Can I change the character selection portraits and the in-battle portraits for the modified characters? Is there a tutorial or something in this site, something like those on the first post? Also, a way to modify the names would be good, to. Thanks a lot, in advance (:

Savon

Smash Ace
I seem to be having problems getting stage hacks to work. I followed all of the instructions in the OP, and by stage hacks for battle field, halberd, and FD are all working. However the textures I try to use for smashville, YI, and other stages keep making my game crash. No idea what the problem is though. Any ideas?

Rapax

Smash Apprentice
I have a similar problem. For some time my textures for Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Stadium 2 and Smashville "stopped working".
I tried a variety of different textures, but none seems to work. My Wii just loads the normal PS, PS2 and SV, no matter whether there is a texture on my SD-Card or not.
The weird thing on this whole story: Every other texture is working... (FD, BF, Halberd, YI, etc.)

Any ideas on this? =/

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I seem to be having problems getting stage hacks to work. I followed all of the instructions in the OP, and by stage hacks for battle field, halberd, and FD are all working. However the textures I try to use for smashville, YI, and other stages keep making my game crash. No idea what the problem is though. Any ideas?

I have this same exact problem.

To the T.
I was told it had something to do with the fact that you need multiple files for those stages. I know you need 5 for smashville. But after doing everything as i was told in this thread I still have not been able to get stage textures to work on Smashville, Yoshis Island brawl, Frigate, Japes and others, and they crash my Wii everytime.

Rapax

Smash Apprentice

I was told it had something to do with the fact that you need multiple files for those stages.
I never heard that before. I have textured YI myself and only use 1 texture. It works fine. Same for Frigatte and every other stage I have ever textured (FD, BF, FO, DP, YI, Halberd, Mushroomy Kingdom, Distant Planet, Pictochat, LM, Mario Kart, etc. pp.) except SV of course.

The only ones I know that require more then 1 texture, are SV, LC and CS (that is in some way... I mean, you can also hack only 1 part of the stage, so...).

I, of course, may be wrong, since I never hacked every stage... But well, anyways, that doesn't really help us, now, does it? =/

mmf

Smash Rookie
I'm having some problems, if I wait to long during character select screen my game freezes up. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do to fix this?

Randum

Smash Rookie
Yo how does one name CS (Castle Seige) textures? Also, when I downloaded a certain SV texture, it gave me STGVILLAGE_00.pac and when I put it in, nothing worked lol. It was on brawlvault as :

Winter SAKURA Ville by DMN666 with credit to rihuganon,& Canon98
[Effects on wifi are unknown.] [Stage-ModelTexture-Smashville]

Download be here: http://www.mediafire.com/?gty2wymz2zq

I'm guessing I copy the file and rename all of them to 01, 02, 03, 04, etc? :l

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Yo how does one name CS (Castle Seige) textures? Also, when I downloaded a certain SV texture, it gave me STGVILLAGE_00.pac and when I put it in, nothing worked lol. It was on brawlvault as :

Winter SAKURA Ville by DMN666 with credit to rihuganon,& Canon98
[Effects on wifi are unknown.] [Stage-ModelTexture-Smashville]

Download be here: http://www.mediafire.com/?gty2wymz2zq

I'm guessing I copy the file and rename all of them to 01, 02, 03, 04, etc? :l
Correct. If I recall correctly, it goes from 00 to 04.

Similarly, Shadow Moses and Spear Pillar go from 00 to 02, and so does Castle Seige (remembering that the three sections of Castle Siege are different). And I think Mushroomy Kingdom has the same deal (00 and 01) but I'm not sure.

Vicious Sal

Smash Rookie
Although this question must have been asked a lot of times over the pages... I can't find it.

Is there a limit to the amount of textures you can start at once. (Say, i have one texture for every unit and stage) Will it still load? (Don't go ****ting with "test it yourself please, no wii at the ready" ;) )

So... is there a limit? ;o

Top Bottom