• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texture and Vertex Hack Database & How-to Thread

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340

gg132

Smash Rookie
It would help if you told us what the problem is again...
I wanna download this 16 bit stage of Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1 thats found on page 7. Whenever i load the stage it always frezes. I tried to put if through Stash to see if i can see why it may not be working but it keeps saying that SSBExtract is having problems. I tried opening it through Brawlbos like someone posted earlier but i got this message "Unable to recognize input file". Put it in its right file in my SD Card and it still didn't work. Is there anything i can do to get this stage to work?

Mit

Smash Ace
Whoah, whoah, whoah

I thought model hacking wasn't implemented yet.

However the Das Donkey team ( http://dasdonkeyteam.blogspot.com/ ) has both replaced Link's sword and shield with new, alternate models, and replaced Ike's sword with a Buster Sword for an upcoming PSA/model edit they're going to release.

How did they do this? Are there guides somewhere? How did I miss such a monumental achievement? O.o

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
Whoah, whoah, whoah

I thought model hacking wasn't implemented yet.

However the Das Donkey team ( http://dasdonkeyteam.blogspot.com/ ) has both replaced Link's sword and shield with new, alternate models, and replaced Ike's sword with a Buster Sword for an upcoming PSA/model edit they're going to release.

How did they do this? Are there guides somewhere? How did I miss such a monumental achievement? O.o
It isn't. Das Donkey used vertex editing for those altered weapons.

KingSlimeKnight

Smash Apprentice
Can somebody give me the link to the Chuck Norris texture for Captain Falcon??? I seen it around in smashboards, but I can't find it anymore.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
I wanna download this 16 bit stage of Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1 thats found on page 7. Whenever i load the stage it always frezes. I tried to put if through Stash to see if i can see why it may not be working but it keeps saying that SSBExtract is having problems. I tried opening it through Brawlbos like someone posted earlier but i got this message "Unable to recognize input file". Put it in its right file in my SD Card and it still didn't work. Is there anything i can do to get this stage to work?
give me the download link to it i want to take a look at it

KingSlimeKnight

Smash Apprentice
Can somebody give me the link to the Chuck Norris texture for Captain Falcon??? I seen it around in smashboards, but I can't find it anymore.
KC:MM's texture gallery has the Captain Norris texture for Captain Falcon, but not the Chuck Norris texture for Captain Falcon.(there's a difference, the one that I'm looking for looks like Chuck Norris, not a picture of him on Captain Falcon, but a texture that looks like Chuck Norris...)

EDIT: I found it after 30 minutes of searching.

Coolbgdog

Smash Rookie
Hi, I've been lurking the boards for quite a while but I have this annoying problem in regards to textures and music. The textures and music work BUT usually after I first go to group brawl, the music after playing for about 30+secs and then it starts to sound jumbled up and gets mixed up. Then sometimes when the match starts after that, the textures don't load. The sound just gets all scratched up and then after I quit a match, the default music starts playing but the csp show but don't actually load its respective texture in match. What I usually do is exit out all the way to the press start screen, eject and reinsert the sd card but that might work only to have the same problem.

I searched the boards but can't find a concrete post dealing with this problem. I'm using a microsd card inside of a sd card adapter, I haven't tried another card to see if that is the problem. I just tried reformatting the card and that didn't solve the problem either.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Hi, I've been lurking the boards for quite a while but I have this annoying problem in regards to textures and music. The textures and music work BUT usually after I first go to group brawl, the music after playing for about 30+secs and then it starts to sound jumbled up and gets mixed up. Then sometimes when the match starts after that, the textures don't load. The sound just gets all scratched up and then after I quit a match, the default music starts playing but the csp show but don't actually load its respective texture in match. What I usually do is exit out all the way to the press start screen, eject and reinsert the sd card but that might work only to have the same problem.

I searched the boards but can't find a concrete post dealing with this problem. I'm using a microsd card inside of a sd card adapter, I haven't tried another card to see if that is the problem. I just tried reformatting the card and that didn't solve the problem either.
Interesting reformatting didn't help? what is the file size of your SD Card if it's over 2GB that might be the problem

Coolbgdog

Smash Rookie
Interesting reformatting didn't help? what is the file size of your SD Card if it's over 2GB that might be the problem
It is a 2gb microsd card. I know sdhc cards don't even load at all but this just loads but then messes up minutes after the game boots up which defeats the purpose of playing with hacks.

Mit

Smash Ace
It is a 2gb microsd card. I know sdhc cards don't even load at all but this just loads but then messes up minutes after the game boots up which defeats the purpose of playing with hacks.
It's probably because you're using a microSD card. Even if it's in an SD adapter, I doubt it's exactly the same as a normal SD card, just like how SDHC cards aren't the same. The Wii's SD reader is not very versatile. You'll likely want to just invest in a 2GB SD card, which if you go to the right places, shouldn't cost you more than 10 bucks.

Coolbgdog

Smash Rookie
It's probably because you're using a microSD card. Even if it's in an SD adapter, I doubt it's exactly the same as a normal SD card, just like how SDHC cards aren't the same. The Wii's SD reader is not very versatile. You'll likely want to just invest in a 2GB SD card, which if you go to the right places, shouldn't cost you more than 10 bucks.
I figured that. I'll try a reg SD card soon.

Mit

Smash Ace
Thanks for that link. Some pretty interesting stuff.

Does anyone know if there's documentation anywhere on how to change the lighting models in stage .pacs? Like, replacing the lighting model in one stage with another stage's? I've got a Yoshi's Island night texture that I'd like to mess around with it's lighting to make it a bit more appropriate (the characters appear fairly bright).

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Akari_Un of DasDonkey Team is the best brawl texture hacker in the world!
I second that. I must be using at least 3/4 of all the textures on that site.

Also, wow, they've updated since I read it this morning.

Edit: I actually have a post to make too.

Is there somewhere out there that has a database of CSPs? I mean somewhere where I can browse a gallery and just download CSPs made for textures, without the textures themselves. It would take me hours to search through all the texture forums and threads to find CSPs for everything I use, and even longer to make them all myself.

camzy

Smash Journeyman
I second that. I must be using at least 3/4 of all the textures on that site.

Also, wow, they've updated since I read it this morning.

Edit: I actually have a post to make too.

Is there somewhere out there that has a database of CSPs? I mean somewhere where I can browse a gallery and just download CSPs made for textures, without the textures themselves. It would take me hours to search through all the texture forums and threads to find CSPs for everything I use, and even longer to make them all myself.
There's no database that's big enough. Make sure from now on if you want CSPs that you download a file with a CSP or make one yourself. I gave up. I don't think CSPs are really that worth it. It's a small picture that I guess is mostly used for working out which texture is which. Keep your textures team coloured and it becomes easy remembering which is which. It also makes the CSS a bit more presentable imo because the official colors are optimized for the game.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
There's no database that's big enough. Make sure from now on if you want CSPs that you download a file with a CSP or make one yourself. I gave up. I don't think CSPs are really that worth it. It's a small picture that I guess is mostly used for working out which texture is which. Keep your textures team coloured and it becomes easy remembering which is which. It also makes the CSS a bit more presentable imo because the official colors are optimized for the game.
CSP's are very easy. All you have to do is open the picture you want as the CSP in GIMP, set the dimensions at 128x160, replace it in BrawlBox, and you're good to go

camzy

Smash Journeyman
CSP's are very easy. All you have to do is open the picture you want as the CSP in GIMP, set the dimensions at 128x160, replace it in BrawlBox, and you're good to go
Yeh but you need to obey the color limit don't you? What about palettes? Can you ignore them?

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Yeh but you need to obey the color limit don't you? What about palettes? Can you ignore them?
Make sure it says True for HasPalette? in BBox when you've replaced the CSP. and it'll work beautifully in-game. When you replace, make sure the Palette box is checked

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I know, I currently don't use them and I pretty much remember all the textures I have. I used to use them several months ago, but I accidentally corrupted my common5 somehow and lost them. I don't really care, but it would help out my friends so I don't always have to explain everything.
I know how to make them, but it would still take a long time to make every single one I have.

camzy

Smash Journeyman
Yeh I worked out I have like 150 textures. I'm really not that bothered to make CSPs for all of them...

Aeon70

Smash Rookie
Guys,

I've just done the most improvised of my characters:

:sonic:Sky the Hedgehog Download here!
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac286/Aeon70/****heHegehog_01.jpg?t=1264010663

Actually, I tried to make a White and Black Hedgehog called Ray.
But I've discovered that the White turn Pink in the game :confused:
So I decided to turn him Cyan and the result was.... unexpected.
Then I recalled him Sky

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Excuse me, but does anyone happen to have these stage textures? All the links I found were broken.

Mystic Cave Zone: Mushroomy Kingdom 1-2
Hilltop Zone: Green Hill Zone
Ice Cap Zone: Green Hill Zone
Marble Garden Zone: Hyrule Temple
Lava Reef Zone: Norfair
Ice Cap Zone: Summit
Mushroom Hill Zone: Distant Planet
Sky Sanctuary: Skyworld

You can kinda see the trend here :laugh:

Top Bottom