• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texas Gamers - Results for 01-09-2009

TXGamers.com

Smash Apprentice
Working on something new .. And something a little bigger... Give me a little time to work out the space in the store and I will put up the schedule..

-------------------------------------
January 9, 2010 results
1: MooPhobia ($25.00)
2: Mew ($10.00)
3: Problemo ($5.00)
4: Rob
5: Emerald
5: H-Town
7: TraingMode
7: Shadow
9: Tubbo
9: Graham

---------------------------------------------------------------------
December 26th Results
1: Capt Wobbles ($15)
2: Capt Apollo ($9)
3: Emerald
4: Capt Shadow
5: Kvax
5: Marth

bluezaft

The True Zaft
The day after Christmas? I leave town for one week, and of course there' s melee tournament. ='(

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
attendance boosting mindgames. i has them. but seriously, with probably darkrain and rob going, plus myself boom, and others, making grand claims about it not being worth your time like you're guaranteed money is douche at its core.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Um, you're making assumptions dude. I never said it would be worth my time because I was guaranteed money. What I meant was more that it wouldn't be worth the gas money, even if I would have a good time. If I went, of course I'd be looking to place, but my 1st intention would be to have fun.

The fact that darkrain and wobbles would be there is just more of a reason for me to go, not less of one.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
The statement that it's not worth the gas money inherently implies that you'd win money. If you're saying that a high level of skill is a motivator in going then you would come regardless of entry cost.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Um, no. Saying it's not worth the gas money has nothing to do with winning money. I'm saying it's not worth $30-40 to go up there. It's the same as saying there's a new game out that I'd like, but it would not be worth it to buy it at the time. Don't try to speak for me, okay?

And the skill level is only part of the motivator. I happen to enjoy playing rob, and I didn't get to play darkrain in Oklahoma. Either way, I will not be going to this because I've been informed that there is a good reason for me to stay home.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I only do double Peach with Xelic. Anything else is breaking the Sisterhood of the Traveling Fierce.

TXGamers.com

Smash Apprentice
December 26th Results

December 26th Results
1: Capt Wobbles ($15)
2: Capt Apollo ($9)
3: Emerald
4: Capt Shadow
5: Kvax
5: Marth

See you on January 9th!

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Yeah, you should probably change the date if you want people to come to this, since most of us are going to be in San Antonio.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
You have it listed as January 9th, 2009. I believe you mean 2010 right? I'm possibly coming and bringing a friend unless I can't get money and gas.

EDIT: wait, I just read the wiki article, and it says that you only play with 3 lives. Is that correct? That seems a bit small. o_O

H-TOWN

Smash Rookie
I'd like to come, but I might be busy early in the afternoon doing some work, so I won't know until tomorrow most likely.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
We're all gonna be in San Antonio for the big tournament. You guys should come too.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Oh alright. I'm terrible at smash bros but I like it a lot and a friend of mine invited me to this, but it seems that the regs are going somewhere else

MimicMew

Smash Apprentice
Ryan, we need to play again. =D

And are the Herbivores going to this?haha

You have it listed as January 9th, 2009. I believe you mean 2010 right? I'm possibly coming and bringing a friend unless I can't get money and gas.

EDIT: wait, I just read the wiki article, and it says that you only play with 3 lives. Is that correct? That seems a bit small. o_O
I think we're playing by MLG rules. If not, then the Pound 4 rules...either one is fine to me...but I'm pretty sure no one is going to play 3 stocks.haha

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
thank goodness. **** 3 lives. Well. I know for sure that I and two others are coming. It would have been nice to go to the tournament in SA, but I can't go that far.

TXGamers.com

Smash Apprentice
January 9, 2010 results

MimicMew

Smash Apprentice
January 9, 2010 results
Good games and thanks for playing, everyone.

Thanks for hosting, Matt. I always enjoy the TXGamers events.haha Hope to attend one of your events again. =)

lolol gj Mew
Thanks. We should play sometime. =D

Thanks for hosting this. This was really fun, glad to meet everyone. :D
Stack it up! (Catfish in Texas.)

You're too good for me now. :(
Keep working on that fox/falco/falcon.haha

To PP: Zach is going to be legit. I guarantee it. =D

indeed it was a lot of fun
Had fun playing you, Problemo. =D

Impressive link.haha Hope to play you again sometime.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Maybe next time you can not schedule it on the same day as the bigger statewide tournament, lol

Top Bottom