• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tetra for Smash Ultimate. Happy 35 years for the Legend of Zelda!

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I've always imagined Tetra having this theme if she got added to Smash.

Dandy! I remember hearing that in Hyrule Warriors while playing the Wind Waker chapter. It would be really amusing seeing her gameplay footage while that theme plays by.

Now I wonder how would her reveal trailer be, and who would be in it, well Toon Link is already pretty much a given. Maybe K.rool too since he’s also a captain (or should I say, Kaptain) pirate.

Last edited:

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
I support the heck out of Tetra, i'd say that she's probably the best Zelda out there, simply because of her fiery personnality and cool design.

I always found it kind of weird that she loses her tan when she transforms back into regular Zelda in Wind Waker but whatever, Tetra for Smash !

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Yeah, sign me up as a supporter.

The Wind Waker has been my favorite game in the series for years and Tetra has a great design and likeable personality

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Yeah, sign me up as a supporter.

The Wind Waker has been my favorite game in the series for years and Tetra has a great design and likeable personality
Done and done. Always a pleasure to welcome more onboard the crew!

You've got good taste, btw. Wind Waker is my favorite as well (and it remains my all-time favorite video game as a whole), if that wasn't clear already.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
funny how out of both of zeldas alter egos, shieks the one all the other game makers want to use yet tetra is the one the zelda have ever wanted to reuse

Lenidem

Smash Lord
funny how out of both of zeldas alter egos, shieks the one all the other game makers want to use yet tetra is the one the zelda have ever wanted to reuse
I think rather than Tetra herself, the developpers want(ed) to reuse the cell-shading art-style, and she comes with it.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I mean, besides the fact that WW already has two direct follow-ups, there was originally going to be a more direct sequel on the console that likely would've stayed more true to the first game. The fact that it had the development title of "Wind Waker 2" hints that, their initial intentions, at least, were to continue from where the story of the first game and it's characters left off.

Sadly, WW's reception wasn't as warm at the time they were working on it, so they changed their plans and deliberately went for the more-realistic setting and graphics of Twilight Princess to contrast with Wind Waker's cartoony cel-shaded setting (which at the time was a big criticism of the game, albeit largely in North America), thinking it would have more success. I don't regret getting Twilight Princess. TP's one of my favorite entries in the series, and I find that it still takes a lot after it's predecessor despite looking so radically different. The differences between every Zelda game that isn't a direct sequel to one specific prior entry is what makes each game special and unique.

Still, I can't help but wonder how this "Wind Waker 2" would've turned out. Would it have been more like the original? Would it have been more-open world rather than miles of ocean with many islands to explore? Would it have had a similar story to Phantom Hourglass? The fact that they still used the characters in Phantom Hourglass tells me that they probably would've wanted to use Tetra and her crew again, along with WW's own Link. As for Spirit Tracks, I imagine the idea for that one came much later, and since they wanted to use cel-shading again after having already made two games in that graphics-style in the same timeline, they just decided to have the third one follow in the footsteps of the past two, so that they explore (Toon) Link and Tetra's legacies. The developers teams have clearly had plenty ideas for the Wind Waker setting and Link and Tetra in particular, some of them just remain unrealized.

On an unrelated note, I've read that Sheik also was going to be, or at least had conceptual art for Twilight Princess. And that's where her design in Brawl really came from. It wasn't specifically created from scratch for the spin-off.

Just some interesting behind the scenes facts and trivia I thought was worth noting for this topic.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I mean, besides the fact that WW already has two direct follow-ups, there was originally going to be a more direct sequel on the console that likely would've stayed more true to the first game. The fact that it had the development title of "Wind Waker 2" hints that, their initial intentions, at least, were to continue from where the story of the first game and it's characters left off.

Sadly, WW's reception wasn't as warm at the time they were working on it, so they changed their plans and deliberately went for the more-realistic setting and graphics of Twilight Princess to contrast with Wind Waker's cartoony cel-shaded setting (which at the time was a big criticism of the game, albeit largely in North America), thinking it would have more success. I don't regret getting Twilight Princess. TP's one of my favorite entries in the series, and I find that it still takes a lot after it's predecessor despite looking so radically different. The differences between every Zelda game that isn't a direct sequel to one specific prior entry is what makes each game special and unique.

On an unrelated note, I've read that Sheik also was going to be, or at least had conceptual art for Twilight Princess. And that's where her design in Brawl really came from. It wasn't specifically created from scratch for the spin-off.

Just some interesting behind the scenes facts and trivia I thought was worth noting for this topic.
from what i understand wind waker 2 was just a nickname bar that there was nothing to suggest it was ever planned to be a sequel

also shieks TP design was made for brawl the zelda dev team said so, the idea that she was to be in TP came from a misunderstanding from brawl's dojo where it said it was based on a design made during TP development not that it was made for the game. hyrule historia explains that it was made for brawl

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
from what i understand wind waker 2 was just a nickname bar that there was nothing to suggest it was ever planned to be a sequel

also shieks TP design was made for brawl the zelda dev team said so, the idea that she was to be in TP came from a misunderstanding from brawl's dojo where it said it was based on a design made during TP development not that it was made for the game. hyrule historia explains that it was made for brawl
It was a development title, but whatever is was actually going to be like is up in the air. To my understanding, though, it was at least going to be a direct-sequel.

Thanks for the correction on the latter note of Sheik, though.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It was a development title, but whatever is was actually going to be like is up in the air. To my understanding, though, it was at least going to be a direct-sequel.

Thanks for the correction on the latter note of Sheik, though.
we may never know

plenty of people still think that of sheik

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Im a big fan of Tetra, but at this point, it would be as an echo that Id want her in.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Im a big fan of Tetra, but at this point, it would be as an echo that Id want her in.
Ehhhh, there's already going to be plenty complaining about her being another Zelda, I don't want complaints about another clone LoZ rep on top of that.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
HA!

How's THAT for Spirits disconfirm fighters?

Min Min is officially the first DLC newcomer to have previously debuted in Ultimate as a standalone Spirit.

This opens a lot more possibilities than it closes, and it means the captain of our crew is very much a possibility, now, if there was still doubt before.

The journey's not over. Not yet. We're sailing smooth waters once again thanks to this ARMS girl. With more DLC on the way and Spirits officially no longer being an obstacle, Tetra's odds are better than they have been in years.

If there was ever a good time to hope for Tetra, this is it, crew. Get out there and make your voices heard. Let the winds guide you!

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
HA!

How's THAT for Spirits disconfirm fighters?

Min Min is officially the first DLC newcomer to have previously debuted in Ultimate as a standalone Spirit.

This opens a lot more possibilities than it closes, and it means the captain of our crew is very much a possibility, now, if there was still doubt before.

The journey's not over. Not yet. We're sailing smooth waters once again thanks to this ARMS girl. With more DLC on the way and Spirits officially no longer being an obstacle, Tetra's odds are better than they have been in years.

If there was ever a good time to hope for Tetra, this is it, crew. Get out there and make your voices heard. Let the winds guide you!
That’s definitely refreshing to hear. Sadly I still think it’s kinda unlikely, but hey who knows? Sakurai likes to be unpredictable after all, and getting another fighter from the Legend of Zelda series in Ultimate doesn’t really sound that much like a stretch seeing that it’s one of Nintendo’s most successful series and that we still haven’t had a Zelda newcomer SINCE BRAWL.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
That’s definitely refreshing to hear. Sadly I still think it’s kinda unlikely, but hey who knows? Sakurai likes to be unpredictable after all, and getting another fighter from the Legend of Zelda series in Ultimate doesn’t really sound that much like a stretch seeing that it’s one of Nintendo’s most successful series and that we still haven’t had a Zelda newcomer SINCE BRAWL.
Yeah, that's a big issue, imo. Thing is, Smash has always focused on the "big three" characters in LoZ when it comes to playable fighters, barring variations of them.

Saying that no other Zelda characters who aren't any of the three could get in is merely subscribing to a fan rule, but at the same time, we have little to go off of to claim otherwise. Zelda newcomers of any sort like say, a Champion from BotW, aren't looking pretty likely at this point. But who knows? I wanna see that change. Tetra and Skull kid are still the ones I'm rooting for the most, personally, but I wouldn't complain if we saw someone like any of the Champions join, either.

At this point, I think Tetra's best shot is if Sakurai decides to revisit any of the cut characters from Brawl. That probably won't happen if all future DLC fighters are decided almost exclusively by Nintendo and associated Third-Parties, but time will tell if that changes. It'd take another in-house Nintendo employee or representative to vouch for Tetra instead if it doesn't, but I find that outcome even less likely. So fingers crossed that DLC keeps going strong for a long time to come, eh?

As a side note, I'll have a little more hope in Sakurai revisiting the cut cast of Brawl (thus including Tetra and Toon Zelda) as a whole if Dixie Kong joins the fight. I say Dixie Kong in particular because I think that she's one of the only characters who's truly "missing" from Ultimate's roster at this point, and with that and her importance and fanbase in mind, I also think that she's by far the most likely of the cut newcomers to escape that status and join the fight.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda game, so I'd obviously be on board.

Toon Ganon, obviously.
i see, characters based on your own wants rather than ones who would have made sense to be on a nintendo all start roster

Top Bottom