• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Testing gah...

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

BlueJx23

Smash Cadet
****, knew my luck was gonna run out. the HOBOs that were a 10-15 minute drive up and left to the other side of town and will now take up to an hour. :(

oh well, gas is cheap. if i can get a few bucks from friends that i'll give a ride to, i can make it. (looks at Jerm)

edit: on second thought, when does the tourney officially start? i forgot about school. ^^' (ends at 11:45am and i need to get back to my house first before i take off for the tourney so i might make it around 1 to 1:30)

BlueJx23

Smash Cadet
oi oi, milton was gonna ditch for his gf anyway. how the hell is it my fault i've got to go to school on a saturday... it's not like hcc students can conveniently pick what class times they want (as well as campus location)... oh right. **** ^^

but i'm still chargin.

edit: speaking of having to go to school on saturday... zzz

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Milton wasnt gonna ditch with his gf, that was last tournament. Anyways, you drive to this one, cause I drive to all the smash fest n crap.

kown

Smash Lord
can we start making carpools to hobo 12..why couldnt we choose a more convenient location?

when i used msnmaps it shows that road 146 splits into two roads. How do i know which one to take?

CY

Smash Ace
wow houston players are such babies. you guys won't travel for **** for OOC tourneys. then when the venue gets moved a little farther, you guys ***** and complain because it isn't 10 minutes away. man up and drive you pansies.

good day

KRDsonic

Smash Master
*Reads CY's post* I don't have a driver's liscens, I always have to have either my mom or friend's parents take me to tournys, and they don't like driving far away.

The things that suck about being 16 with a mom that's too lazy to get her son a driver's liscens <.<

Sybawave

Smash Ace
LOL so that's what Stiltz was doing on your computer last night XD

Get a car lol or call a taxi or do something. I live on the southside of Houston but I still drive up to Spring and stuff to play

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
for the people who ARE able to drive/have a license, its pretty sad to see them still asking for rides, i myself cant drive so i need rides. otherwise id be driving everywhere (in houston)

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
wow houston players are such babies. you guys won't travel for **** for OOC tourneys. then when the venue gets moved a little farther, you guys ***** and complain because it isn't 10 minutes away. man up and drive you pansies.

good day
Well the fact that I usually work the following day, I dont' want to spend 8 hours at a tourney leave at lets say 10 to 11PM and drive an hour back then have to wake up for work... >_>

Gea

Smash Master
for the people who ARE able to drive/have a license, its pretty sad to see them still asking for rides, i myself cant drive so i need rides. otherwise id be driving everywhere (in houston)
Actions speak louder than words. When you have a job, are poor, and paying for all your own gas, driving long distances is less appealing.

To everyone complaining, realize that a minority of players travel OOS and even OOC.

That said I couldn't go to centex because of other plans. I'll probably carpool with RT and Gnes and Roy to Hobo12. We'll see.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Hmm, it's an hour away. This will be interesting. :)

I will gladly give rides if I have room and receive a small amount of gas money. I'll see what I can do.

Gnes

Smash Master
U obviously have your parents still paying for your essentials...For people who are in college and have a job its still difficult to scrap a money and time for A GAME TOURNEY!!! I have a guaranteed spot in RTs car hehehehehe

and See Why....idk who told u Planet Zero was 10 min away :laugh:...I know its not as far as yall have to travel though

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
well i guess money would be a problem (isnt gas cheap these days though?). i thought you guys were complaining about it being too far, like you are too lazy to drive there or something lols.... its all good though, there are always people who will carpool so no biggy

Lookin forward to that new planet zero as well.....

Doxa

Smash Rookie
for those who are self supporting it is kinda trivial to spend money at a game tournament and even more for transportation.

whiners: shut up. you're whiny and annoying. you have no say. i'll pick up who i choose. i'll go when i want.

garrR

Smash Apprentice
well i guess money would be a problem (isnt gas cheap these days though?). i thought you guys were complaining about it being too far, like you are too lazy to drive there or something lols.... its all good though, there are always people who will carpool so no biggy

Lookin forward to that new planet zero as well.....
gas is cheapER, not cheap.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I would never complain about the distance to a tourney. Heck, if I had the time and money, I would go to every single tournament in Texas and OOS more often.

Sadly, life isn't that easy. You do what you can with what you have and just move along. ;)

BlueJx23

Smash Cadet
and See Why....idk who told u Planet Zero was 10 min away :laugh:...I know its not as far as yall have to travel though
that would've been me. but in the same post i said that i would end up going despite the hour drive and even offered rides to anyone in my area willing to cough up a couple bucks for gas. i got Jerm and Ozz going with me so far plus room for one more. (would be two, but my friend who mains MK can't decide whether he should go or not.)

@CY
some people have other cr*p to do that just so happens to take priority over a video game tournament. i certainly would go OOC if i could, but i just don't feel like losing college funds to do so. (i got the short end of the stick on choosing a schedule for my college courses and ended up with a Saturday class that ends around 12pm, right around the time most SSBB tournies start.)

in fact, me and my friends plan on making a road trip to OH SNAP if i don't have class that weekend. heck, even if i do, i plan on skipping unless i have a test on that day (worst case scenario).

CY

Smash Ace
that would've been me. but in the same post i said that i would end up going despite the hour drive and even offered rides to anyone in my area willing to cough up a couple bucks for gas. i got Jerm and Ozz going with me so far plus room for one more. (would be two, but my friend who mains MK can't decide whether he should go or not.)

@CY
some people have other cr*p to do that just so happens to take priority over a video game tournament. i certainly would go OOC if i could, but i just don't feel like losing college funds to do so. (i got the short end of the stick on choosing a schedule for my college courses and ended up with a Saturday class that ends around 12pm, right around the time most SSBB tournies start.)

in fact, me and my friends plan on making a road trip to OH SNAP if i don't have class that weekend. heck, even if i do, i plan on skipping unless i have a test on that day (worst case scenario).
well you should skip for hobo 12, unless you have a test or something. :psycho:

TheJerm

Smash Champion
well you should skip for hobo 12, unless you have a test or something. :psycho:
He said he was going to HOBO 12...

And Kown, Meet us at the play n trade we played at for the first time. We still have room in our car. Well, blueJ's I'm not driving this time xD

kown

Smash Lord
He said he was going to HOBO 12...

And Kown, Meet us at the play n trade we played at for the first time. We still have room in our car. Well, blueJ's I'm not driving this time xD
can i get a spot? and I cant really do anything last minute...so maybe next week.

Top Bottom