• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tenth Ever Smash Tourny in CONNECTICUT: a Leisure Event - Wallingford CT - Apr 19, 08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cort

Apple Head
uhhh, my rules are mostly based around the discussion going on in the smash back room and from my experience, and to be honest Tom presents close to no real points and his posts are really hard to read/understand not to mention he wants tactics banned

So I just kind of ignore him.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Dazwa-Chrono Cross avatar ftw! That game is incredible. It still amazes me that it didn't do better.

Banks-I like your rule set, but I vote for all stages all items and stamina mode because real men use stamina!!!

Seriously though, what is the deal with bringing masculinity into a video game? It's such a horrible phrase to throw around. I consider it to be one of the worst sentence enhancers of all time. Is there any sentence you couldn't throw it in besides one that is stereotypically feminine? It is simply terribly ambiguous and pointless.

I'm not trying to put down anyone using it, but I just don't think it adds to any argument. Tom, I understand your points, but I'm not sure where your ruleset differs from Corts aside from Corneria.

Sliq

Smash Master
You guys should move this tournament 7 hours west so I can walk to it.

Velocity

Smash Lord
corneria shouldn't be banned. just have character and stage select so you can pick a character that doesn't get chain and plus if u want just banned that stage. it's not my tournament so i just go wit wateva rules is there.

naaa i want sumone that knows wat their doin besides 5 mins lol. i'm a big character and big characters in teams is always a good/bad situation cause of the girth
only post i read but why would u ban corneria wtf ...../ i might be coming to this / dragging m2k

-Hoggle-

Smash Journeyman
Real men don't play a....

party game for little kids.

A game that takes little to no skill.

A game where a camping scrub, is considered one of the best.

A game where people cheer for jab combos.

=D =d =p =P

I'm j/king

or was i....
I see what you did there.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I'm tempted to take the hour drive for a feet wetting expierence. I'm more than likely(i.e. definatly) not tourney level. But I want to try and get there. And there's no real way to find out just how far off I am without hitting a tourney or two and getting destroyed. And than working on my game and seeing if I can improve.

Is this a terrible idea and a waste of money, or a decent idea?

Just wish new things and expierences didn't sometimes freak me out. It'll be intimidating just going to a tournament if I ever decide to give it a shot and see if it's something I can get to the level of.

_V_

Smash Ace
That is exactly how you get better...just go! It is worth it. Everyone is really nice, even if it is intimidating at first...I promise!

Cort

Apple Head
I'm pretty sure this Brawl tournament is mostly everyone's first one, so don't be shy. If you feel you've learned something it should be worth the trip, plus everyone is pretty friendly around New England.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Well the encouragement is, heh, encouraging. I doubt I'm even close to that level. Espicially since I'm a Sonic Main and to do even remotely well with Sonic takes a ton of skill, so to do well in tourney with him is gunna be a huge challenge.

But with the encouragement, and assuming I can make it on time. I just might go. On the off chance I do decide to go, my gamer tag is Ace, and I'll be the light skinned black dude wearing a bandana and I'll probably have a beard sicne I'm usually to lazy to shave.

Oh, and I'll be the one getting my *** handed to me.

Cort

Apple Head
Don't worry, there will be plenty of *** for you to handle as well considering a lot of players entering will probably be pretty inexperienced. There's usually a complete array of skill that attends ESTICLES.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
****, hearing that actually makes me want to go.

Heard rumour some friends are planning to hit the New York Comic Con that day. That's the only other thing that may stop me from attending.

Either way next week will be a good one I expect.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Oh, and I'll be the one getting my *** handed to me.
haha, i've been to a couple of melee tournies and i STILL get owned in that game....but ya know what? I still have a great time and have met so many cool people. I am very interested to see what people bring to the table for Brawl....no....wait....not really. I've played a lot of fantastic players....and pretty much know my mains match ups. Best of luck to you man.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I'm bringing melee, who wants to boycott brawl with me?

Melee players to the back of the bus!

_V_

Smash Ace
I wish I had money to waste $60 of gas to go to this :(

No more parents to beg money from/make an excuse that I am coming home to visit them in CT.

Oh well.

I would have played Fox dittos all day Mike <3

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
=( I played melee when I got home today.
I played for 20 minutes, then I felt like I was shaming the game and put it back in its case.

:D THEN I PLAYED BRAWL! WOOHOO!

T-T
-DD

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
yo sliq.... ur sig is awesome... i thought it was great when u had jiggs but ike is epic lol

btw... i wanted to know if there is crew battles available and my crew needs a way 2 get over there >_<

marth617

Smash Apprentice
dam i wish i can come to this tourney knowing that i did pretty dam good at the walpole tourney.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Since this may be my first tourney, and I've seen a few other posts saying they're thinking about going for the first time.

What's the basic procedure and feel for these events. How's it all go down?

Yeah, when I say first tourney, I mean FIRST in any game. Thusly, I'm giving my money away. But at least if I'm gunna lose I shouldn't hold things up, right?

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
Since this may be my first tourney, and I've seen a few other posts saying they're thinking about going for the first time.

Yeah, when I say first tourney, I mean FIRST in any game. Thusly, I'm giving my money away. But at least if I'm gunna lose I shouldn't hold things up, right?
1. Enter
2. Camp
3. ???
4. Profit

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master

the rules should be in the first page... you just sign up at the counter with your $$ and wait for your name to be called. if it's your first tourney be sure to play lots of friendlies with people... just ask whoever or if people are playing on a tv just ask if you can get in and have loser switch out.
the feel for the event is....... smelly.

also, are you Harold Perrineau?

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
uhhh, my rules are mostly based around the discussion going on in the smash back room and from my experience, and to be honest Tom presents close to no real points and his posts are really hard to read/understand not to mention he wants tactics banned

So I just kind of ignore him.
Cort I was just saying to ban the infinite version of certain CG's but not banning CG's. I hope you understood that but I guess not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom