• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tenth Ever Smash Tourny in CONNECTICUT: a Leisure Event - Wallingford CT - Apr 19, 08

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I think the next time someone says something about Brawl not being Melee I'm going to explode.

The stage is banned.
Couldn't you just ban it when someone is DDD? Like Saffron City in SSB64 and Ness?

Also brawl isn't melee
<3

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
darkprince is a MvC2 player who did a lot of trashtalking, so much that it hyped up 2 different $3000 money matches (not 3000 vs 3000, it was a total of 3000 from both players and side bets). He lost to Clockwork (Strider/Doom player), walked away. someone mentioned Justin Wong found him crying. I think he went on to win the other money match.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
He beat ShadyK, but... I john for ShadyK like mad ;-;

Alukard

Smash Hero
darkprince is a MvC2 player who did a lot of trashtalking, so much that it hyped up 2 different $3000 money matches (not 3000 vs 3000, it was a total of 3000 from both players and side bets). He lost to Clockwork (Strider/Doom player), walked away. someone mentioned Justin Wong found him crying. I think he went on to win the other money match.
o thanks for clearing that up ... sheesh mvc2 people bet too much money >.>

Skler

Smash Master
How the hell do they get $3000 to bet? Do these people have legit jobs, or are they all rich/drug dealers?

Either that or they're older than us.

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
holey **** who cars about MVC2, and Sorry Tom, Im going to have agree with cort and just ban the stages, it would be too hard to monitor everyone playing and **** if you were to ban the tactic. cort is the MAN!
So Matt what your saying is that the community isn't mature enough to respect rules which is a horrible way to look at our community. If it came down to it where people were arguing about who CG'ed who then guess what your both out of the tourney. I try to give the community the benefit of the doubt but it just seems no one wants to change anything and just shift over the rules from melee to brawl. I also think we are too relaxed when running tourneys if we say you need to be here at a certain time then be there stop making exceptions.

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
that reminds me tom im gonna try to make your little tourney on sunday but i 'll probally be there from 11:00-11:30 AM arigth so just register me or something and i'll be there

BTW if you guy's ever went to a MvC2 tourney like i have you guy's would cry when you get annally ***** by an infinete, They dont ban stages or techiniques because there "gay" they put up with it like real men
and yes Skler MvC2 players are a lot older than 90% of the smash community

Aesir

Smash Master
that reminds me tom im gonna try to make your little tourney on sunday but i 'll probally be there from 11:00-11:30 AM arigth so just register me or something and i'll be there

BTW if you guy's ever went to a MvC2 tourney like i have you guy's would cry when you get annally ***** by an infinete, They dont ban stages or techiniques because there "gay" they put up with it like real men
Theres no need to ban stages in marvel >_>

Stages get banned in smash when they remove skill from the game.

noodles

Smash Champion
maybe i should of worded it better to make it sound a little more SARCASTIC

Cort

Apple Head
noodles, don't try and save yourself the embarrassment. we all know you didn't know it was on saturday the same way you didn't realize the acronym XESTICLE

it's ok dude

noodles

Smash Champion
what embarrassment >_>

and shut up i thought u guys decided to name it esticle for no reason

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace

Why would you like to play a game that is riddled with glitches? I mean the game itself is fun but there is a reason games like Marvel don't have a huge tournament following. Brawl is not Melee, so why try and force old rules on a new game? Wave dashing and all that other stuff was purposely taken out because they were not supposed to be there in the first place. Why ban stages when you can just ban the technique. Real men fight the way the game was designed, not the way the game is glitches.

th0rn

Smash Lord
Real men don't play a....

party game for little kids.

A game that takes little to no skill.

A game where a camping scrub, is considered one of the best.

A game where people cheer for jab combos.

=D =d =p =P

I'm j/king

or was i....

Banks

Smash Hero
I say we play on FD and battlefield and ban DDD, falco, pikachu, snake, pit and anyone else with a projectile, and play 3 minutes time matches. THAT way its about kills and none of dis gay shizwiz

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why would you like to play a game that is riddled with glitches? I mean the game itself is fun but there is a reason games like Marvel don't have a huge tournament following. Brawl is not Melee, so why try and force old rules on a new game? Wave dashing and all that other stuff was purposely taken out because they were not supposed to be there in the first place. Why ban stages when you can just ban the technique. Real men fight the way the game was designed, not the way the game is glitches.
Going to have to agree with Tom on this one. The last sentence is gay and the first sentence could be talking about Melee, but the rest of it makes sense. So I'm going to re-do this the way it should've been done.

***Brawl is not Melee, so why try and force old rules on a new game? Wave dashing and all that other stuff was purposely taken out because they were not supposed to be there in the first place. Why ban stages when you can just ban the technique?...nigga***

But yeah trying to use Melee's rules and such on Brawl is a bad idea. Some of them obviously carry over, but there are a few that are too specific to be carried over without testing. Blah blah blah....**** it, I'm just going to start a topic for this somewhere else sometime soon.

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
Going to have to agree with Tom on this one. The last sentence is gay and the first sentence could be talking about Melee, but the rest of it makes sense. So I'm going to re-do this the way it should've been done.

***Brawl is not Melee, so why try and force old rules on a new game? Wave dashing and all that other stuff was purposely taken out because they were not supposed to be there in the first place. Why ban stages when you can just ban the technique?...nigga***

But yeah trying to use Melee's rules and such on Brawl is a bad idea. Some of them obviously carry over, but there are a few that are too specific to be carried over without testing. Blah blah blah....**** it, I'm just going to start a topic for this somewhere else sometime soon.
Thanks white mage for being on my side but it doesn't seem like cort wants to give it a chance and from now on please just call me Tom or VIGILIANTE. I will not respond to you if you call me **** . I will now be asking everybody to please call me VIGILIANTE because vigil is my last name and I am tired of the currant name I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom