• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tenth Ever Smash Tourny in CONNECTICUT: a Leisure Event - Wallingford CT - Apr 19, 08

Status
Not open for further replies.

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
Fox/Falco can simply laser camp forever on the stage and half more than half the cast never be able to hit them back in Melee due to the fin. And now the fin is a wall and I've heard people like Chillin specifically counterpick that level and go DDD and infinite wall CG, it should never happen in tourny IMO >_>
yes actually we should
Couldn't the person just pick a character that can't be chaingrabbed when going to corneria. There are a good amount of characters that can't be CG'ed by DDD. Another thing is why don't you just ban all infinites instead of banning levels? That's what is done in other fighters like MVC2(Marvel vs Capcom 2), Soul Caliber 2, and Street Fighter Alpha 3. Let's try banning the techniques instead of banning the level. This is brawl not melee let's change up the rules a little bit.

Cort

Apple Head
I think the next time someone says something about Brawl not being Melee I'm going to explode.

The stage is banned.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
DDD's CG isn't an infinite. It ends when you run out of stage. I suppose you could just ban doing it against a wall because that can be considered stalling/gay. Then again Corneria is just stupid camp gay fest anyway.

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
I think the next time someone says something about Brawl not being Melee I'm going to explode.

The stage is banned.
[sarcasm]Why don't we just ban all flat levels too![/sarcasm]

If I decide to be either DK,Bowser,Mario, Samus,or Luigi because they can get CG'ed without a wall what do you do then? These are the characters that I know of that can be CG'ed and there's a video on youtube on it . How about we just ban the character DDD to solve the issue.

Here is the video for DDD's infinite with no walls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23UyrHXK36A

Here is another video as to why we should ban the technique instead of banning the level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8EKKEZPAE4

I thought these were good examples.

Cort

Apple Head
It's not stalling, but it is gay which isn't a reason to ban something. Corneria is being banned because of the fin essentially dividing the level, making it easily campable. The wall there is just a side reason to ban it.

edit// That chain grab takes -some- skill to do, and it can only be done 5 times before grab degradation takes into affect and he has to move forward again. You can stall it by grab attacking but it's very easy to escape grabs in Brawl, so learn to struggle.

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
In the first video that I put up as an example they found a way to reset the CG and make it an infinite with mario and luigi. I think you should ban the technique instead of banning the level/levels.

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
Cort, what im trying to get at is switching up the rules because we are just at the start of this game and if we don't have an open mind about switching up the rules then really couldn't be a different game.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Another thing is why don't you just ban all infinites instead of banning levels? That's what is done in other fighters like MVC2(Marvel vs Capcom 2), Soul Caliber 2, and Street Fighter Alpha 3. Let's try banning the techniques instead of banning the level.
HAHAHA OH WOW

tom you don't know what you're talking about

the only infinite banned in MvC2 is a dead body infinite...which isn't even used for the sake of doing damage, it's used to stall out a match and is more like Melee's Rising Pound/Peach Bomber stalling...WHICH WAS BANNED.

Meanwhile you have easy as **** infinites on assist characters, Iron Man being able to start an infinite, and once he has it going, WINS THE ROUND, and the ****ton other infinites in Marvel because Marvel is MAHVEL BABEE

edit: sorry if my reaction to your post was harsh, tom, but the marvel community PRIDES themselves on their infinites.

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
wait, if its a new game, why would we wanna switch up the rules so early?
So we can experiment and not turn it into a broken game.

HAHAHA OH WOW

tom stop talking you don't know what you're talking about

the only infinites banned in MvC2 is a dead body infinite...which isn't even used for the sake of doing damage, it's used to stall out a match and is more like Melee's Rising Pound/Peach Bomber stalling...WHICH WAS BANNED.

Meanwhile you have easy as **** infinites on assist characters, Iron Man being able to start an infinite, and once he has it going, WINS THE ROUND, and the ****ton other infinites in Marvel because Marvel is MAHVEL BABEE
So what your saying is it's ok to have an infinite in a game as long as it's difficult. That doesn't make sense to me. I am sure you wouldn't want this game to be marvel or have any infinites. Marvel is a strerched out example but look at street fighter alpha 3 Ryu has an infinite that let's say someone who wanted to pick up the game seriously but was new to it would probably be turned off by it. I am saying let's be open to new ideas instead of sticking with the same rule set as the last game. I mean they took out alot of things because it wasn't suppost to be in the game and turned off most players that wanted to play it at a serious level but said we were glitching and didn't respect the scene.

Here is the vid for ryu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcr0Cl7L0LM

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
So we can experiment and not turn it into a broken game.

So what your saying is it's ok to have an infinite in a game as long as it's difficult. That doesn't make sense to me. I am sure you wouldn't want this game to be marvel or have any infinites. Marvel is a strerched out example but look at street fighter alpha 3 Ryu has an infinite that let's say someone who wanted to pick up the game seriously but was new to it would probably be turned off by it. I am saying let's be open to new ideas instead of sticking with the same rule set as the last game. I mean they took out alot of things because it wasn't suppost to be in the game and turned off most players that wanted to play it at a serious level but said we were glitching and didn't respect the scene.

Here is the vid for ryu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcr0Cl7L0LM
no, what I'm saying is, you can talk as much as you want against infinites, but don't pull examples out of your ***

IronChief

Smash Journeyman
This thread too much for me from all the *****ing and awesomeness!

Can't wait for this tourny it is going to be amazing.

Setups ill probablly bring none but, i think banks is going too.

Banks

Smash Hero
yea i could, but this place has tvs and doesnt need anything but my wii, BUT i will bring one for melee anyway if i have to woot woot

So Fatal

Smash Master
holey **** who cars about MVC2, and Sorry Tom, Im going to have agree with cort and just ban the stages, it would be too hard to monitor everyone playing and **** if you were to ban the tactic. cort is the MAN!

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
so much beef, its like a whopper
Bobby's *** is a MAHVELous whopper?

The reason why Tom's example (albeit an incorrect example) of Marvel is a valid one is because it's a long-standing and well-respected community. It's one of the largest and most successful fighting game communities in existence, and it has been for some time now.

I'm rambling, it's 4 am.

Cort

Apple Head
SCOOPS

SCOOPS HAAGEN DAZ

Wow there needs to be someone like that at every smash tourny and I'd always lose my sets from laughing too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom