• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tenth Ever Smash Tourny in CONNECTICUT: a Leisure Event - Wallingford CT - Apr 19, 08

Status
Not open for further replies.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
the only way you could call those hazards stupid is by pointing out that

1. The laser beam reveals who it's going after, and spends like 7 seconds charging up. It's a dumbass
2. The cannonball defies gravity (by spinning wildly? no idea...) for no good reason, giving enough time for players to avoid it entirely. It's an idiot.
3. That claw is the slowest moving thing and only hits players that aren't paying attention or just got hit by their opponent. It's a Harvard Graduate.
*F-smashes Dazwa into laser beam* I don't really mind this stage either. Although the hazzards might be easy to avoid normally you can get hit into them and die at a lower damage then u would normally so i think it should be counterpick for that reason.

_milktea

Smash Lord
Hey half of Maine that needs housing, stay with Silas! :)

ALLHIGHLOANSHARK: yes!
ALLHIGHLOANSHARK: please
ALLHIGHLOANSHARK: if they wanna bring tv setups that'd be spiffy
ALLHIGHLOANSHARK: i only have 3 tvs downstairs
ALLHIGHLOANSHARK: we could steal adams and make it 4

<3?! FEST?

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
*F-smashes Dazwa into laser beam* I don't really mind this stage either. Although the hazzards might be easy to avoid normally you can get hit into them and die at a lower damage then u would normally so i think it should be counterpick for that reason.
*DI's really well because you can do that in Brawl. I could probably go in completely opposite direction if I clacked my DI sticks hard enough*

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
*DI's really well because you can do that in Brawl. I could probably go in completely opposite direction if I clacked my DI sticks hard enough*
alright you escaped the laser beam wait for the claws and those ******** balls LOL. Im not sure if you got my point though, what im trying to say is that you shouldn't have to worry about something like that on a neutral stage.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
alright you escaped the laser beam wait for the claws and those ******** balls LOL.
Actually, I forgot, you could sit there, be hit in the center of the laser, and just continuously mash the stick in a direction to get your self out. It's really hard to be killed by it unless you time an attack on your opponent into the last hit of the laser, and that's quite a feat on its own.

Im not sure if you got my point though, what im trying to say is that you shouldn't have to worry about something like that on a neutral stage.
IT'S MAHVEL BRAHWL BAYBEE

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I've had to worry about Battlefield's ledges, getting wall combo'd (and sometimes infinited, oh boy) the **** out of me in Stadium, and dying at like 30% on Yoshi's and watching Randall laugh at me, I think easily avoidable (and in that laser's case, escapable) obstacles that only pose a threat to people not familiar with the stage is similar if not equal to Melee's neutrals. The stage also barely favors any character, to a point where there'd be no point to counterpick it, if it was a counterpick.

Mr. Patric of the Suns, Halberd is Metaknight's ship.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=156874

Cort

Apple Head
DDD grabbing someone CGable early on = bye stock

you can pass through the level while it's flying around giving multi jump characters a big advantage

there's no solid argument for the stage being neutral, sorry Daz

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Halberd isn't terribly bad IMO, i could see it being neutral. I don't know just my two cents is that the hazards don't break the level enough to change its status as neutral.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
DDD grabbing someone CGable early on = bye stock
3 seconds

3 seconds

3 ****ing seconds

you can pass through the level while it's flying around giving multi jump characters a big advantage
marth on yoshi's peach/jiggly/samus on dreamland

there's no solid argument for the stage being neutral, sorry Daz
Yeah, there is. The solid argument for it is that there isn't a solid argument against it, and we're in the early stages of the game.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Apparently I'm riding with Solar so I'm not getting housing?....
Wow, I'm sad/pissed

Skler tell me your travel plans because I'm really contemplating about training over there if you're getting housing.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
SOLAR doesn't want to get housing, he usually goes back the night of the tournament

I'll talk to him about it

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Aww man it looks like I won't be able to attend both events. School gets out super early this year (classes end before May starts=wtf?) so I will be very busy, unless I step it up and get both of my massive reports written before the event somehow.

I'll do my best to make the events, but if I can't make it I'm sure I will have more free time during the summer when work is the only thing I need to worry about.

Banks

Smash Hero
i'm gonna be at dis do anyone wanna play dis game wichme

boot with tha fur appple bottom straps - milktea

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
its ok cort ... also help me and jman go to this -_- so we can try to take over ur tourney like u tried us =)
let jman do the talking, last time i checked me and cort outplaced you in both events :D
Edit: cort's snake is better LOL, and i might be taking a train down to new haven saturday morning. Im not sure if there will be any more room in my ride's car but i can ask him if he has room for 2 more.

Alukard

Smash Hero
i'm not tryin to **** talk -_- ... sheesh ... it was supposed to b a friendly rivalry thing ... like hey ... SWAT is going to CT ... but sheesh ... i guess its not about fun ... its about MM me sucka ... lol ... i can't wait for this now >=]

^_-

Cort

Apple Head
oh, PC told me you got all uppity cause he told you my Snake is better than yours and then you come posting in this topic

so uh, money match?

I can't wait to **** jman in dittos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom