• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tennessee Thread/Locator + Facebook Locator

Jartravious

Smash Journeyman
but its noob friendly because we are a very friendly group of people who like to see more smashers join the community. the rules are pretty simple when theyre explained to you, and everyone plays a ton of matches just for fun when not in a tournament match at the time.
Thanks Tom ill plan on being there

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Good to see more people emerging.

As for the MvC2 dude, yea about the tiers, but my ****, if he didn't know how to use them properly.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
That's a good idea. The only question is where would we have them. I'd host them here, but my house is too small.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
When is Tom getting back in town, he has a big house. >_>
im only going to be in town from may 7/8 to june 1, so maybe i can hold one tournament in between may 10th run7 tourney and the tourney on the 31st, but then im back to georgia for schooling. =/

you could probably hold them at cbu or something, right?

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I have driven the ol' Memphis to Knoxville many times:

6 hours if you follow the speed limit... 5 if you have more courage ;)

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
I have driven the ol' Memphis to Knoxville many times:

6 hours if you follow the speed limit... 5 if you have more courage ;)
Thank you good sir!

@Tom(EventhoughhecallshimselfTomhewillalwaysbeYanginmyheart!): Your sigs are awesome and amuse me to no end. What's that jammin' dude from though?

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
@Fizz if you were more avaliable we could play naruto all the time, and ddr max and a few others.(I have heard stories of how amazing you are at both. call me somtime I never really have nothing to do. Also to anyones concern RED NINJA might be here tomorow, so that means brawl and smash to your hearts content. nite he really wants to polay you pls be avaliable even for a little while :ohwell: lol <3 you guys :093:

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Iori, I'll play anything you want man. I'd love to play Naruto again, but I only play DDR on pads that don't move very easily. It's no fun trying to do heavy mode on a regular mat on the floor, lol. Even more Melee. Soon I'll be working Monday through Friday and be even more available. Until then, I'm always off on Wednesday, and my weekends rotate. (This up-coming weekend with me off work.)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
the jammin dude is actually Biz Markie. He was a rapper and an insane beat boxer in the 90s... but apparently he's fallen onto hard times LOL

that footage is from the Nick Jr. show "Yo! Gabba Gabba", which (despite the name Gabba implying hardstyle techno) is like a hip-hop based, ridiculously random Sesame Street. Biz Markie does a segment called "Biz's Beat of the Day," and although its really troubling to see how the mighty beatboxers hath fallen, its absolutely hilarious to see Biz on that show. He looks drunk/high all the time, like how the hell did I get here?? LOL

Nite

Smash Champion
I love Biz Markie. Hahaha

Iori- Yea, give me a call or something if Red Ninja is around.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Manchester would've been nice during the school year >.< I'm leaving this Wednesday, if anyone cares.
gah forever? that stinks man i was looking up old yoshi player matches on youtube and found some of you. Send me and AIM msg sometime my aim name is Moroccobotixinc.

TridenT

Smash Cadet
KO that is easily the most absurd AIM name I've ever seen.

A pity I never use AIM, sounds like a couple of my fellow K-Towners do. I need to get it in gear if I expect to be any kind of decent when it comes Brawl tourney time around these parts.

Stupid Kart, distracting me from Brawling.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
KO that is easily the most absurd AIM name I've ever seen.

A pity I never use AIM, sounds like a couple of my fellow K-Towners do. I need to get it in gear if I expect to be any kind of decent when it comes Brawl tourney time around these parts.

Stupid Kart, distracting me from Brawling.
yeah ive had it for a long time. i used to freaking love The Brak: Starring Brak. Moroccobotixinc is the name of the company that made Mr.Thunderclees.

But yeah you need to get to brawling man there is the first Tournament in Memphis for Brawl. Myself and a bunch of Friends are going to it. To bad Red Ninja wont be able to make it i have yet to play brawl with him.

TridenT

Smash Cadet
I'm all about Thundercles. Good stuff.

I can't get out to Memphis tourneys, but it almost seems like we have enough people this side of the state finally to start up some Knoxville ones. I'm starting back to school Tuesday, but if I get a chance, I might start peeking around at venue possibilities. There's gotta be something around here more suitable than MY FRIEND GUY'S HOUSE [/Yahtzee].

CodEZ

Smash Cadet
If only there was a tournament in a central location to all TN Smash players...

if...

only...

(points to signature -------------------v)

Captain N_2000

Smash Rookie
to those of you who entered the smash tourney at christian brothers, good games to you all. i learned a lot from all of you, really. with more practice, i may be able to do better next time. fizz, desu, ninja, and the rest of you who i played... you all were really great. hope to do it again in the near future :chuckle:

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i dont think results have been posted yet, but they go like

Teams:
1. No Homo (NES n00b + Tom)
2. Laffy Taffy (Chad + Iori)
3. **** This Game Lets Play Melee (Fullmetal + Desu)
4. maybe Reflex + Prac
5. no idea, maybe CO Brad and Fizz?

Singles:
1. Reflex
2. NES n00b
3. Roxas
?. some people like Desu and Iori placed well

17. Tom
17. Handorin
17. McCloud
(LOL GO MY CREW!!)

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Actually, Team Ridiculous Jews (CO_Brad and me) got 4th in teams...I think? I'd have to double check, but anyway...really hope there is another tournament just with more games. <333

CodEZ

Smash Cadet
Can someone running the tourney post the full results of both? I'd like to start pointing and laughing at any teams listed below mine :p

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I;m in town until June 2nd! That may mean I finally get to go to a tournament! :)

*awaits random call from Iori*

Top Bottom