• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
"Bird Theory"

And I thought strawgrasping was my niche. Embarrass

*although to be fair it does have more to it than most of what i've theorized*

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
hot take

fire emblem characters are probably a lot more popular internally with stuff like online play % than the angry vocal minority on gamefaqs suggests

they wouldn't keep adding them if they weren't popular

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Guys, trust me, we know who the bird relates to. It's the otter we need time to figure out. Clearly.
1563230029705.png

You know it'd be sick.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I don’t want a fire emblem because I’d rather everyone in the fighters pass be from new series tbh

Last edited:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Sabi has clarified the bird pic, as well as Hero's release in a Twitter thread.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Full Thread:
sabi said:
No, I don't know anything about Hero's release date or any smash info yet, that's why I haven't said anything besides that he wouldn't release last weekend. Also, I wouldn't to clarify. Obviously that C&D didn't prevent me from discussing 'rumors', else journalism wouldn't exist.

And while I'm on this topic. Since that one smashboards post has been going around. No, I don't know anything about a bird picture. I'm in a group chat with a Nintendo Brand ambassador who has teased things like Banjo before with bird and bear pictures 2 months ago but...

He just posted a random picture of that sterling bird in our group chat. So then that fatmanonice guy on Smashboards (who is in the group chat) decided to post about it on Smashboards and 'speculate' what it could mean. Whereas there's a big chance it means nothing.

Literally, just a picture of a bird he posted in a private group chat (not my server). I think it could very easily be nothing, therefore why I havent been talking about. Fun to speculate on though, I guess. The guy has teased with images before, but he didn't label this a tease.

I hope now people will stop begging me for Smash info at this moment. I'll obviously have some 'rumors' to share soon enough, but it's a dry spell right now. And, as I said, that one image was just a random image that may or may not be a tease, I don't know. Don't ask me

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I don’t want a fire emblem because I’d rather everyone in the fighters pass be from new series tbh
But... Elma ;-;

Xenoblade at least deserves a new character esp since Rex is out as a Mii Costume

Fiora’s in Shulk’s final smash, but there’s some hope for her at least thanks to Chrom

Potato_

Smash Lord
hot take

fire emblem characters are probably a lot more popular internally with stuff like online play % than the angry vocal minority on gamefaqs suggests

Agreed.

I don't even think you need the internal data to see that the FE characters are popular online. Lucina is a character I see hella often (though that's also because she's really good), Ike and to a lesser extent Chrom/Roy are others that have a healthy playerbase.

People like the swordies, as much as online discussion would have you believe otherwise.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
hot take

That has more to do with the low learning curve than anything else.

Rosalina is an extremely popular Mario character, but she's one of the least popular characters in Ultimate. We also have Ridley, who's rarely used despite being the character we all begged for since 2001, and Mewtwo who's getting beat out by Incineroar and Pichu in terms of usage.

D

Deleted member

A disabled kid made a FNAF OC and now I’m going to animate it.

I should be working but I’m a sucker for kids.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Xenoblade at least deserves a new character esp since Rex is out as a Mii Costume

Fiora’s in Shulk’s final smash, but there’s some hope for her at least thanks to Chrom
There is only one solution.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I know we're talking about birds but something that's been on my mind the last few days:

Anyone else feel like Ridley got kind of... overshadowed in this game? Between Everyone Is Here, K. Rool, Joker, Banjo-Kazooie, etc. what was once the most anticipated and demanded newcomer in Smash history had his 15 minutes of fame and then the Smash fanbase moved onto other things. I think his popularity peaked in Smash 4 and if he was revealed then he would have been easily one of the most discussed/hyped newcomers of that game, with maybe only Mega Man being more talked about. It's great that he's finally here but I think of all the characters in Smash, he's the one that kinda feels "too late."
Maybe. But for me he's still the top reveal. Cause he's someone I actually use a lot. Simon's 2nd since he's one of the Ultimate characters I use a lot too. I wouldn't worry too much about it, as long as you yourself enjoy the character and all that.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
So the bird 'leak' turned out to be a bust? Oh boy, time to post groudon memes

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
fatmanonice being referred to so dismissively as "that fatmanonice guy" by sabi must be feelin like

1563231278475.png

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What do you mean the ambiguous picture of a bird meant nothing? It was totally obvious and in no way absolutely stupid!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ugh there's way too many bird characters.

First we got Falco,
then we got Captain Falcon
Then of course Samus would get in because of her bird DNA.
Pit and Dark Pit? Bird wings
And to top it all off we have Kazooie the bird bringing along banjo.
You people really think we need more birds here?

Noipoi

Howdy!
This whole thing is for the birds.

Call me flighty, but you’d have to be a bird brain to think this really means anything. I’m not heron any good reason for this picture to be a hint, in stork contrast to the bear and bird picture. Clearly hinting at Banjo Kazooie.

How Gull-ible do you have to be to believe everything on the internet? Have some pecking self respect! This whole debacle is robin us of precious time we’ll never get back. And not to parrot what others have said, but owl be damned if it’s geno.

Duck it, if people will really believe anything then I’ll make my own leak! Toucan play at that game!

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

Call me flighty, but you’d have to be a bird brain to think this really means anything. I’m not heron any good reason for this picture to be a hint, in stork contrast to the bear and bird picture. Clearly hinting at Banjo Kazooie.

How Gull-ible do you have to be to believe everything on the internet? Have some pecking self respect! This whole debacle is robin us of precious time we’ll never get back. And not to parrot what others have said, but owl be damned if it’s geno.

Duck it, if people will really believe anything then I’ll make my own leak! Toucan play at that game!
you are hereby banned from birdposting

D

Deleted member

Anyone who believes this is a...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzfmnCk8u3M

Striga

Smash Journeyman

What the flock is with all this bird puns?

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ugh there's way too many bird characters.

First we got Falco,
then we got Captain Falcon
Then of course Samus would get in because of her bird DNA.
Pit and Dark Pit? Bird wings
And to top it all off we have Kazooie the bird bringing along banjo.
You people really think we need more birds here?
I'm tired of people complaining about birds. You don't complain about humanoids, and there's way more of them. Just because a character's a bird doesn't mean they're all the same. Sure, a couple of them flap their wings, but not all of them peck with their beaks.

/s

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hmmm. I smell someone bandwagoning on what i’ve been saying for a year now.
Well considering I have no idea what you're talking about, and that I've been on board for a Souls rep since the announcement or rumor of Dark Souls on Switch, I don't know how I could be bandwagoning.
While I’m interested in a Dark Souls character purely for its stark contrast with everyone we have on the roster, who do you feel would be the most fitting character. Chosen undead, Solaire, or someone else?
Probably, Chosen Undead or The Ashen One since Sakurai isn't really one top stray away from an Avatar character. But if I am being honest my choice would be Soul of Cinder. The Soul of Cinder is basically a conglomerate being of the protagonist and th bosses from across the Souls series and is probably my favorite design for a realizable character across the Dark Souls franchise. But I think it'll be Chosen Undead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom