• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Potato_

Smash Lord
I have 2 thoughts right now and one of them might be controversial:

Maybe the image was literally just meant to be a generic bird on a roof and everyone is overthinking the specific species and colour of the bird.

I don't see a Dark Souls character happening. Maybe it's because I'm extremely unfamiliar with the series, specifically the characters, but none of them jump out to me as a character that would be recognizable. Look at Joker, despite the fact that he's noticeably more obscure than other choices in the grand scheme of things, he has a very recognizable design. Just about every character I've seen from Dark Souls looks like they could also be in just about any other fantasy game, like Skyrim or Kingdoms of Amalur.
If anyone wants to tell me what I'm seeing wrong, I welcome it.
If you're primarily a Nintendo fan then I'd understand why you wouldn't get why Dark Souls makes sense. When it comes to iconic characters though, we've got this guy:

Just this pose alone is one of the most famous references in recent years. So much so to the point that:

Nintendo themselves thought it was worth making an amiibo.

Dark Souls will 100% sell. ESPECIALLY if it's Solaire.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
what can solaire do again
sword n board type stuff but also he can cast "miracles" which is basically the white magic of dark souls

fifty billion variants of lighting spear magic, some dragonball shouts which cause everyone to get knocked back, and several buffs.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Make it poo water if he doesn't show up this week. :yeahboi:
Road Trip to Flint, Michigan

sword n board type stuff but also he can cast "miracles" which is basically the white magic of dark souls

fifty billion variants of lighting spear magic, some dragonball shouts which cause everyone to get knocked back, and several buffs.
sounds kind of boring compared to what i know other things can do

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah well Hero's in the game so I dunno, whatever nintendo thinks is gonna sell I guess.
hero's interesting AF with the spell moveset, don't taint goku's name

you're offering me a swordfighter with sun salutation :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah well Dark Souls magic has like a gazillion weird *** spells too.
yeah i think everyone knows that

best case scenario they just do the same with hero and everyone is playable.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
If you're primarily a Nintendo fan then I'd understand why you wouldn't get why Dark Souls makes sense. When it comes to iconic characters though, we've got this guy:

Just this pose alone is one of the most famous references in recent years. So much so to the point that:

Nintendo themselves thought it was worth making an amiibo.

Dark Souls will 100% sell. ESPECIALLY if it's Solaire.
I know of Solaire, my friend was obsessed with "Praise the Sun" for a while, but he's not the one I usually see people supporting for Smash. Also, I'm not only a Nintendo fan, I'm just not into Dark Souls.

Potato_

Smash Lord
sounds kind of boring compared to what i know other things can do
Artorias would be cool too (big greatsword with erratic attacks, not to mention the dark magic he's got) but if they're going on pure mascot quality then Solaire is gonna be the choice (granted I'm mainly picking from the first game).

They could always go the Dragon Quest route though and just have the main character. That way he'd be able to use different weapons, pyromancy, etc.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Working on my Morgana moveset video right now. Morgana and the other movesets that come after him are gonna have some more content than the others.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey y'all I am back.

Power went out on me few hours ago. Dad and I decided to kill time go out to eat at Kelsey's. Came home and power was back on.

D

Deleted member

What even caused bird theory to begin with? It's an image completely unrelated to Smash.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Sabi said her source didn’t label his image as a tease.

However, apparently he didn’t do that for his past images, either, as she didn’t believe his Witch Puzzle and bear & bird images were teases until they came true.
Dammit and thus Nakoruru's chances spirals down...

D

Deleted member

I think Sabi just doesn’t know.

Apparently her source didn’t tell her his other images were teases, either, except maybe the blue crab idk.
Ehh, Im not taking it seriously either way. Its just some super vague thing that can be attributed to anything in a future direct.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Oy, a few things to chat about:

1) Considering what was brought up during the discussion of the bird picture, I figured it wasn’t anything substantial.

2) I saw discussion of Tales. Considering Sakurai himself referred to Lloyd’s inclusion as a Mii Fighter costume as, “Who else but Lloyd?”, and the fact that the character himself got a Costume in the first place, it makes sense that he’s considered a Namco front runner.

I especially would be surprised if they made another pick from the Tales series, considering it’s a Nintendo crossover, and for a series that in particular made a Western splash on a Nintendo console, they would go with the character that was the protagonist of said game.

I could be wrong, but that’s my view on it.

3) Still hoping for Hero this week. Getting the feeling it won’t be tonight but I hope it’s soon.

4) I think Dark Souls is a “dark horse” Namco pick for playable. If not playable, I can see getting a Solaire costume, or even stuff like the Chosen Undead or Artorias.

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
well if Hero's happening tomorrow, the video's gonna have to be uploaded in nine minutes

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
People when a random image of a bird pulled from Google probably doesn't lead to a video game hint

Potato_

Smash Lord
Golden Deer intro video is out:

Claude is such a suave dude. Definitely making them my second playthrough.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I guess I shouldn’t take the bird image so seriously, either.

It probably still means something based on Sabi’s source’s past stuffs, but we can’t tell what and if we put too much stock into one thing then it could blow up in our face.

I’ll just play my vidyagames.

give us Pikmin 4 and Geno

D

Deleted member

Oy, a few things to chat about:

1) Considering what was brought up during the discussion of the bird picture, I figured it wasn’t anything substantial.

2) I saw discussion of Tales. Considering Sakurai himself referred to Lloyd’s inclusion as a Mii Fighter costume as, “Who else but Lloyd?”, and the fact that the character himself got a Costume in the first place, it makes sense that he’s considered a Namco front runner.

I especially would be surprised if they made another pick from the Tales series, considering it’s a Nintendo crossover, and for a series that in particular made a Western splash on a Nintendo console, they would go with the character that was the protagonist of said game.

I could be wrong, but that’s my view on it.

3) Still hoping for Hero this week. Getting the feeling it won’t be tonight but I hope it’s soon.

4) I think Dark Souls is a “dark horse” Namco pick for playable. If not playable, I can see getting a Solaire costume, or even stuff like the Chosen Undead or Artorias.
I gotta ask in regards of Lloyd, could the current situation have changed in regards of Sakurai's perception of a character to represent the Tales series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom