• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well considering I have no idea what you're talking about, and that I've been on board for a Souls rep since the announcement or rumor of Dark Souls on Switch, I don't know how I could be bandwagoning.

Probably, Chosen Undead or The Ashen One since Sakurai isn't really one top stray away from an Avatar character. But if I am being honest my choice would be Soul of Cinder. The Soul of Cinder is basically a conglomerate being of the protagonist and th bosses from across the Souls series and is probably my favorite design for a realizable character across the Dark Souls franchise. But I think it'll be Chosen Undead.
If that were the case we'd have like "Oh he's the protagonist of the first game, he's the protagonist of a really popular game, and him? He's the final boss of the final game."

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Ugh there's way too many bird characters.

First we got Falco,
then we got Captain Falcon
Then of course Samus would get in because of her bird DNA.
Pit and Dark Pit? Bird wings
And to top it all off we have Kazooie the bird bringing along banjo.
You people really think we need more birds here?
Did you really just forget Duck Hunt? “Duck” is actually in the character’s name.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hey, remember when we talked about Ryu Hayabusa a lot? He's pretty cool so Imma bring him back up. Chances are, he'll have a mix of moves from the myriad of games he was in. But if you had to choose his fighting style, what would you go with? Again, I think he'd mix in a bunch of stuff, but if I had to choose only 1, I'd go with his 3D games since his movement is really flashy.

1. A NES/Arcade Moveset
2. A 3D Moveset
3. A DOA Moveset

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If that were the case we'd have like "Oh he's the protagonist of the first game, he's the protagonist of a really popular game, and him? He's the final boss of the final game."
sans gang wya

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
unfortunately due to square reneging on their dragon quest licensing deal with smash, hero's release has been cancelled

to compensate for this difficult turn of events, the team will bring forward the release of banjo-kazooie, while in hero's place we will further develop and release this random red-haired ponytailed girl's model we found in the recycling bin of sakurai-san's computer

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Hey, remember when we talked about Ryu Hayabusa a lot? He's pretty cool so Imma bring him back up. Chances are, he'll have a mix of moves from the myriad of games he was in. But if you had to choose his fighting style, what would you go with? Again, I think he'd mix in a bunch of stuff, but if I had to choose only 1, I'd go with his 3D games since his movement is really flashy.

1. A NES/Arcade Moveset
2. A 3D Moveset
3. A DOA Moveset
I’d say have a combination of all three but prioritize his NES incarnation since that’s his most iconic with stuff like his movement, jab, specials, etc.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I know we're talking about birds but something that's been on my mind the last few days:

Anyone else feel like Ridley got kind of... overshadowed in this game? Between Everyone Is Here, K. Rool, Joker, Banjo-Kazooie, etc. what was once the most anticipated and demanded newcomer in Smash history had his 15 minutes of fame and then the Smash fanbase moved onto other things. I think his popularity peaked in Smash 4 and if he was revealed then he would have been easily one of the most discussed/hyped newcomers of that game, with maybe only Mega Man being more talked about. It's great that he's finally here but I think of all the characters in Smash, he's the one that kinda feels "too late."
It happens every time a beloved "fan favorite and requested character" gets in. People take the victory lap for a couple of weeks and some people decide they're happy... Then the community immediately looks down at the next requested fighter and scream for them as loudly as possible while the original one's hype mostly dissipates and the character is only left with the real supporters. The fact that we got everyone back, Inkling, Ridley, Simon Belmont, and King K. Rool all in the game, only for people to then throw a goddamn fit in November exemplifies this perfectly. There's far too many people in which Smash isn't about what we have, but rather that which we don't.

Good lord, why is the swimming in Banjo Kazooie so atrocious
Basically all 3D platformers of that era could use a good remake. The original Banjo Kazooie is great design wise, but there's a lot of quality of life improvements it could really benefit from.

fatmanonice being referred to so dismissively as "that fatmanonice guy" by sabi must be feelin like

View attachment 231457
I'm not really surprised that Sabi seems to be more done with the community each time she speaks. A lot of people constantly ask, or downright demand to learn more information about the game once somebody is shown to have any credibility. I'm surprised we manage to keep any leakers around for longer than a month given, again, the near insatiable bloodlust parts of the community have for that next character.

I sound too salty about the "community" today lol. Maybe it's just the recency of this "bird theory" reminding me too much of all the other dumb theories...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Most of the Gen 8 Pokemon are fine. Nothing extremely hype though. I do wonder how the Starters will end up as.

unfortunately due to square reneging on their dragon quest licensing deal with smash, hero's release has been cancelled

to compensate for this difficult turn of events, the team will bring forward the release of banjo-kazooie, while in hero's place we will further develop and release this random red-haired ponytailed girl's model we found in the recycling bin of sakurai-san's computer
Axl from Mega Man X isn't a girl. But I'm glad you leaked him regardless.

1563233211270.png

Though I'm sure the Ginger community is very happy.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I read that as "Sakurai Sans."

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Alrighty then this is who we've pointed down so far for Bird Theory.

Corviknight/Honchkrow
Geno
Goro Akechi
Maxwell
Nakoruru
Phoenix Wright
Shantae
Velvet Crowe

More takers?
My theory is that it’s nothing

Today’s “bird is Geno” is yesterday’s “furniture is Skull Kid”.

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Alrighty then this is who we've pointed down so far for Bird Theory.

Corviknight/Honchkrow
Geno
Goro Akechi
Maxwell
Nakoruru
Phoenix Wright
Shantae
Velvet Crowe

More takers?
My username is "Dyllybirdy", and my favourite thing in the whole wide world is Wade Rottytops, so obviously Rottytops is confirmed. :p

...That's about as much a stretch as all the others, no?

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
My username is "Dyllybirdy", and my favourite thing in the whole wide world is Wade Rottytops, so obviously Rottytops is confirmed. :p

...That's about as much a stretch as all the others, no?
no. Maxwell from Scribblenauts has multiple very obvious and logical connections to being of the avian variety and all of you are fools for even humoring the concept of it being anyone else.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
If a video explaining stuff about Hero doesn’t come out in the next 3 minutes.

Please, come out before the 17th.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
A character I voice has never been drawn as a Jojo character... until now.
Untitled design (14).png
There are plenty of things that are wrong here.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
no. Maxwell from Scribblenauts has multiple very obvious and logical connections to being of the avian variety and all of you are fools for even humoring the concept of it being anyone else.
To be fair, other than creating birds, he wears a bird hat. Plus he collects starites.
i joke about Maxwell being hinted at in the theory. i do not joke about Maxwell himself, he's in my top 5.
I don't joke about him either. He's in my top 1.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The starling is Geno outside of Gaz’s house before possessing the doll.

Edit: also apparently Sabi’s source’s Banjo teases were probably a day before Shinobi’s post, and Sabi didn’t believe they were teases either until we got ‘em.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
**** it. If Hero ain't dropping Wednesday, then i'm going all in on an August reveal date.

And if that's the case, it's most likely the Wednesday after EVO.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I have 2 thoughts right now and one of them might be controversial:

Maybe the image was literally just meant to be a generic bird on a roof and everyone is overthinking the specific species and colour of the bird.

I don't see a Dark Souls character happening. Maybe it's because I'm extremely unfamiliar with the series, specifically the characters, but none of them jump out to me as a character that would be recognizable. Look at Joker, despite the fact that he's noticeably more obscure than other choices in the grand scheme of things, he has a very recognizable design. Just about every character I've seen from Dark Souls looks like they could also be in just about any other fantasy game, like Skyrim or Kingdoms of Amalur.
If anyone wants to tell me what I'm seeing wrong, I welcome it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom