• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Look man I haven't played Pokemon in so long so its hard to remember which generation any Pokemon is after the 1st and 2nd so stop giving me smack. Jesus.
why you heff to be mad, im just saying

you obviously meant corviknight

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Does Edelgard have any assication with them? I don't follow Fire Emblem.

Also I don't think Sakurai and Nintendo will add another FE rep after the controversy with:ultcorrin:
And even if a FE or a promotional 1st party gets in, I think they'll be stand alone DLC with only the character, their fighter spirit and maybe some music.

Striga

Smash Journeyman
If Tales is in Smash, I think it'll be Yuri who gets in. Just a gut feeling of mine.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
if we're getting any tales rep its gonna be the pachinko machine

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
OK, it's night here, but...

Someone managed to die on the first screen of my Metroid level, despite plenty of stuff that show you to not go into the pit until you hit the switch block.

In other words:

Striga

Smash Journeyman
Part of me kinda wants to see Tales in Smash, purely to see how mad people will get and see how far they'll take their "Sword Stigma".

But, hey. We never know what'll happen.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I thought it'd be a Dark type too, but it's actually a Steel type.

I bet it can learn some dark type moves, though.
Given its crow like appearance I can still see Corviknight being a solid candidate and given Pokemon's popularity compared to Fire Emblem. It wouldn't cause as much controversy.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If we're getting a Tales rep... yeah I'm going to be honest I don't think we're getting a Tales rep and if we somehow did I figure it would be Lloyd. Overall recognition be damned because Banjo-Kazooie is in over Steve or Master Chief. He'll aim for the Smash fans again with a Tales rep I would guess.

If we get a Namco rep based specifically off of sales and popularity, it's gonna be Dark Souls. The first game has sold around 2.3 million on it's own, has a dedicated fan following around the world, and has become a legacy title due to its creation of a Soulslike subgenre. Tales in comparison is rather Niche in the west and has very rarely broken 1 million in sales. Again sales don't mean everything but, for a Namco rep, Dark Souls is all around more popular.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It's midnight here.

Yup, it's Get-The-Heck-To-Bed-Eggman Time.

So, good night to you all, see ya tomorrow.
MgAwKY.gif

Bye.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
you know i havent played yugioh in like a year but the new ban list came out and

untitled.png

they're coming back baby

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hmmmm. I’m bored.....

What would happen if you somehow merged a Pokémon with a Persona?

If we're getting a Tales rep... yeah I'm going to be honest I don't think we're getting a Tales rep and if we somehow did I figure it would be Lloyd. Overall recognition be damned because Banjo-Kazooie is in over Steve or Master Chief. He'll aim for the Smash fans again with a Tales rep I would guess.

If we get a Namco rep based specifically off of sales and popularity, it's gonna be Dark Souls. The first game has sold around 2.3 million on it's own, has a dedicated fan following around the world, and has become a legacy title due to its creation of a Soulslike subgenre. Tales in comparison is rather Niche in the west and has very rarely broken 1 million in sales. Again sales don't mean everything but, for a Namco rep, Dark Souls is all around more popular.
Hmmm. I smell someone bandwagoning on what i’ve been saying for a year now.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Alrighty then this is who we've pointed down so far for Bird Theory.

Corviknight/Honchkrow
Geno
Goro Akechi
Maxwell
Nakoruru
Phoenix Wright
Shantae
Velvet Crowe

More takers?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Does Edelgard have any assication with them? I don't follow Fire Emblem.

Also I don't think Sakurai and Nintendo will add another FE rep after the controversy with:ultcorrin:
She's the house leader of the Black Eagles. The picture was of a black colored bird on a house.

Also I really doubt the team would care about a vocal minority of Gamefaqs manchildren lol.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Banjo-Kazooie also has massive fan support and is an iconic character. So that matters too. Admittedly, yeah, there's no way the duo is more recognizable than Master Chief and Steve, but that's okay. B~K being an honorable Nintendo character is part of why it didn't look weird to add them at all.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

While I’m interested in a Dark Souls character purely for its stark contrast with everyone we have on the roster, who do you feel would be the most fitting character. Chosen undead, Solaire, or someone else?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Given its crow like appearance I can still see Corviknight being a solid candidate and given Pokemon's popularity compared to Fire Emblem. It wouldn't cause as much controversy.
Pokemon will always cause controversy, but that's because people will segregate themselves and campaign for a single Pokemon, then complain when their Pokemon doesn't get in.

But that's just part of it. Nothing we can do to really change it. Zacian for Smash!

Can we even consider a Tales rep "aiming for Smash fans" though? He might be one of the more popular Namco characters requested for Smash, but overall, he's not really that highly-requested. Banjo's popularity reached a point where he was almost unanimously agreed to be the most requested third-party. Lloyd hasn't really come close to that, and his franchise hasn't ever really been heavily associated with Nintendo.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
She's the house leader of the Black Eagles. The picture was of a black colored bird on a house.
It was more brown with some white (probably just the light idk) and (if you look closely) a bit of green if you ask me.

Just like some starling images.

edit: actually:

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Alrighty then this is who we've pointed down so far for Bird Theory.

Corviknight/Honchkrow
Geno
Goro Akechi
Maxwell
Nakoruru
Phoenix Wright
Shantae
Velvet Crowe

More takers?
Bit of a stretch but in terms of Pokemon we could add Blaziken.
I would add Raven from Gravity Rush but A. She's a secondary character and B. Sony is still sore over the Phillips snub.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Pokemon will always cause controversy, but that's because people will segregate themselves and campaign for a single Pokemon, then complain when their Pokemon doesn't get in.

But that's just part of it. Nothing we can do to really change it. Zacian for Smash!

Can we even consider a Tales rep "aiming for Smash fans" though? He might be one of the more popular Namco characters requested for Smash, but overall, he's not really that highly-requested. Banjo's popularity reached a point where he was almost unanimously agreed to be the most requested third-party. Lloyd hasn't really come close to that, and his franchise hasn't ever really been heavily associated with Nintendo.
I agree with you on Tales in general, but isn’t Lloyd at least somewhat associated with Nintendo due his game debuting on the GameCube?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm planning on watching some DBFZ and Tekken at EVO. Especially Tekken. I might peep a couple matches of other games too.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’m just waiting on Fatmanonice to confirm if the bird was related to Smash or not

Been stalking the Geno thread and tbh there’s not much development since

Noipoi

Howdy!
I really need to learn how to let go of past mistakes

Sometimes I get physically sick thinking about them and that’s probably not very healthy

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Also I really doubt the team would care about a vocal minority of Gamefaqs manchildren lol.
I don't mind if we get a Three Houses character in addition to a Pokemon from SwSh, but I'm not gonna lie, getting the former and not the latter would feel like a middle finger to the face.

If Sakurai is well-aware of how much controversy FE brings in Smash, why would he add yet another character from the series as a promotional pick and not something as wildly popular as Pokemon? Nothing against FE and it's fans, but it's obvious that people are experiencing fatigue from the franchise in Smash. They aren't just whining because they hate FE. They just want a break for now.

Maybe let some time pass instead of taking the opportunity to add the third FE character who got in for promotional reasons?

I agree with you on Tales in general, but isn’t Lloyd at least somewhat associated with Nintendo due his game debuting on the GameCube?
Maybe, but I still feel like his popularity and iconicness overall shouldn't make him more of a priority than other third-parties.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom