• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I guess I'm alone in enjoying Clanker's Cavern? Navigating the level is fun imo, though I'll agree grabbing bubbles to stay underwater is needlessly difficult. The music is probably my favorite track in the game, too.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
StormC StormC

Drawing parallels rarely does anything justice, but I consider :ultinkling:/:ultridley:/:ultdaisy: to be in same boat as :4villager:/:4megaman:/:4wiifit: (the "obvious/easiest to guess in hindsight" pick, the huge deal that most have always dreamed of, and the character that falls prey to memes/"why have you forsaken us Sakurai" addition). Then add in people caring about other returning/changing characters (Bowser being bipedal/a wrestler from Brawl to 4, the cut veterans' glow ups from missing a game or 3, etc.) and it becomes a cluster****, with the only way they can get our attention again being "show us the new shiny thing/exactly how much crazier it can get."

It was easy getting over Villager/Mega Man just like Inkling/Ridley because we saw them literally all the time (revealed at the same time, playable from the first demos, showing up in all the 'Update of the day' posts, etc.), and as others said we couldn't do much beyond just wish the release date didn't seem so far away at the time.

Obviously this community is just a small bubble in the grand scheme of things, and isn't a good indicator of how excited all of the fans of each character (casual, hardcore but not in touch with forums/social media, etc.) stayed up until they finally got to try them in game. Those of us that felt like breathing a sigh of relief that we don't have to argue pointless things ("too big/is from a 'dead' franchise'/isn't fitting to be a fighter/is a waste of a slot" and so on) don't feel like we have to prove anything anymore, and express our enjoyment in our own smaller bubbles (Discords, subreddits and social media that aren't as out in the public eye, etc.).

You're always gonna get the people thinking "where's all the noise that came with pre-release speculation?" at the surface level. Especially if your character isn't commonly played/seen on streams/still isn't well received by their detractors (see "Muh anime/FE sOwRdZmAn/Isbaelle and Incineroar vs the "core audience"/Plant Gang vs insertmuchmoredeservingrephere). That's honestly the price you pay when you have a roster as big as this game and a crossover fanbase as loud/opinionated as this one. You can't force everyone to be happy/hyped forever no matter how much a long journey (Mega Man, Mewtwo in Smash 4 DLC, Snake/Wolf returning in Ult, Ridley/K. Rool/Banjo and so many more) definitely deserves such. Them just being there is the celebration, we just neglect appreciating that sometimes.

But that's all just my take, as an obviously biased Ridley fan that's been at it for a decade.

Good lord, why is the swimming in Banjo Kazooie so atrocious
Nowhere does it mention it in game, but holding R allows you to turn much tighter.

But yeah, swimming is infinitely better in Tooie, especially since you can upgrade how fast you go how long you can hold your breath.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
@Noipoi ,@Taylor F ,@Dyllybirdy , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , IsmaR IsmaR , AndreaAC AndreaAC

OK, so, remember that really well made drawing of one of my OC a few months back that wasn't colored?

Well, guess, what...

The Emperor, Hota, has finally been done justice!

Also, one thing before you comment, I know a certain part of him is easy to joke about, but be careful at not getting problems with the mods.

And yeah, Ismar, if you see this, I hope this image is good to show here, last time, I could post it just fine, so I hope it's still OK now.
O-O GODDAMN. That looks ****ing cool!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
@Noipoi ,@Taylor F ,@Dyllybirdy , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , IsmaR IsmaR , AndreaAC AndreaAC

OK, so, remember that really well made drawing of one of my OC a few months back that wasn't colored?

Well, guess, what...

The Emperor, Hota, has finally been done justice!

Also, one thing before you comment, I know a certain part of him is easy to joke about, but be careful at not getting problems with the mods.

And yeah, Ismar, if you see this, I hope this image is good to show here, last time, I could post it just fine, so I hope it's still OK now.
why the teeth on the crotch

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
He warned you.

Get ready for his wrath.
I'm too tired to get angry.

Really, it's the mods I'm wondering about,I remember the previous time I posted the not-colored version, peoples mentionning that part got their posts modified.

Striga

Smash Journeyman
So, I managed to beat Rondo of Blood, and holy **** where has the game been all of my Castlevania life?!

This game is soooooo good! People weren't kidding when they said this was a must play for Castlevania fans. The gameplay is tough as nails, but it has really good controls, stage designs, and the bosses. This game easily has my favorite line up of bosses in any Castlevania game ever. And you want to know what's really awesome? Branching paths and replayability. The hidden routes in this game are clever, but they over a ton of replayability to the game.

Visually, it looks just as good as Symphony of the Night, the sprite work for this game is impressive. I also was suprised at the direction the story took if you just went straight to Dracula without saving the four maidens. Music IMO could be a tab bit better (Divine Bloodlines is aamazing though), but it's still catchy nonetheless.

I cannot believe I went as Castlevania fan as long as I have been without playing this game, and now that I have, it is easily in my Top 3 Castlevania games. What an amazing title!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hmm, you definitely got the horror part of SMT, though I find you are lacking in phallic imagery and/or copious amounts of breasts.
Huh.

Red Hunter thinking.png

You know, you have a good point here, noting this for next time.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
how can it take things out on nice dates if it can only eat from the crotch
He can shapeshift his body at will, don't worry about it.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Bea is in Smash guys! It's confirmed!
Rather overrated character.

So, I managed to beat Rondo of Blood, and holy **** where has the game been all of my Castlevania life?!

This game is soooooo good! People weren't kidding when they said this was a must play for Castlevania fans. The gameplay is tough as nails, but it has really good controls, stage designs, and the bosses. This game easily has my favorite line up of bosses in any Castlevania game ever. And you want to know what's really awesome? Branching paths and replayability. The hidden routes in this game are clever, but they over a ton of replayability to the game.

Visually, it looks just as good as Symphony of the Night, the sprite work for this game is impressive. I also was suprised at the direction the story took if you just went straight to Dracula without saving the four maidens. Music IMO could be a tab bit better (Divine Bloodlines is aamazing though), but it's still catchy nonetheless.

I cannot believe I went as Castlevania fan as long as I have been without playing this game, and now that I have, it is easily in my Top 3 Castlevania games. What an amazing title!
Have you tried IV? It's a really good one. If not, I recommend it, assuming you can access it.

So hold on...people are planning to raid Area 51? And they're announcing it on the internet where people can see their plans.

It doesn't matter when Guardians will be waiting the second they enter.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
why would it choose that as a default

what is the psyche of this person
He had a more normal appareance before.

Living for millenium, with thousand if not more separate minds inside your body, who are all active at the same time don't make you the most stable of individual.

That and
Cuz big buff monsters are cool, yo.

Striga

Smash Journeyman
Have you tried IV? It's a really good one. If not, I recommend it, assuming you can access it.
Yes. My second favorite Castlevania title.

Top 5 Castlevania Titles:
  1. Aria Of Sorrow
  2. Super Castlevania IV
  3. Rondo of Blood
  4. Symphony of The Night
  5. Portait of Ruin

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I seriously doubt that he has any morales honestly.

Can he turn into a fridge...? A demonic, evil fridge?
Yeah, I guess.

Don't know why he would do that, and it be more of a organic fridge since he can't change into electronic stuff (or whatever a fridge is, I'm too tired to think well), but he could replicate the bsic of it.

It just be really gorey & spooky, and you be the one who serve of lunch here.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Yeah, I guess.

Don't know why he would do that, and it be more of a organic fridge since he can't change into electronic stuff (or whatever a fridge is, I'm too tired to think well), but he could replicate the bsic of it.

It just be really gorey & spooky, and you be the one who serve of lunch here.
Good. Now, where can I buy him?

TOO MUCH PINK ENERGY IS DANGEROUS!!
-snip-
Both Peach and Kirby are both fully capable of kicking your *** and that's great.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Good. Now, where can I buy him?

Both Peach and Kirby are both fully capable of kicking your *** and that's great.
In space.

Far, far away from here, in a galactic fortress.

Btw, you can't buy it, but hey, atleast I told ya where you could find it.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
This seems like a real possibility and it sucks because while I’m not a part of Sabi’s discord nor do I communicate with her really, I always thought she was cool.

However Fatmanonice and some other users on here may be able to confirm whether this is true or not.
okay so from what I can tell she actually still has her source so idk since her source apparently actually enters their discord himself.

also following this up:

I have imagined my character in a game based on the real world, but it’s really just an EarthBound ripoff with some real-world people and mostly real-world settings.

My character basically goes against what is the norm for media, having “characters resembling real people is entirely coincidental” be thrown out the window in a show/cartoon/game that’s also a big crossover or has a bunch of/at least some cameos or Easter eggs so it’d basically be a royalty nightmare.

The name of my character is basically my username, or “TheBrinelord” for another title, or my real name/first name (not comfortable with sharing though).

Basically it’s me except I’m made of blocks like a Minecraft character but I’m not pixels and hair and stuff isn’t flattened like a texture (though I guess I’d still be made of boxes, maybe with very small, rounded edges). Inspiration is also taken from Herobrine and so I have white eyes, except with some detail so they’re more “soulful” or alive and not dead white (though I guess they’d be solid white if I’m very angry/the only time I’m 100% serious unless it’s a sad time), and I’d also be a hero though still treated as a normal person most of the time. I’ll share an image of a simple depiction tomorrow for an idea of what I’d look like as this character.

As my character, I also have the power to control “brine” or saltwater, and I have four magic “ties” (basically triangular pieces of fabric I can easily remove from the neck of my shirt, not sure if I want to make them actual ties or not) that give me multiple powers when worn, each one having some different powers + a couple or so powers that are better when I’m wearing all four. My powers can also only be beneficial to people, and can only hurt pure evil (though I guess I’d still need to be careful in indirect situations...).

Red Tie - Tie of Power/Flames - Boosts my strength, and lets me use fire, lava, and whatever other heat-related stuffs. The fire and lava can only keep people at a comfortably warm temperature at best. My other elemental powers also can’t hurt people and do the most helpful or least-painful thing instead, as far as being illogical normally or going against the laws of physics.

Green Tie - Tie of Magic/Earth/Healing - Lets me float around and sorta fly, and makes the non-brine powers easier to use/control smoothly. Also let’s me control earth stuffs like rocks, as well as some plant life. Also lets me heal people from stuff like wounds and diseases.

Blue Tie - Tie of Water/Speed - Lets me control more liquid stuff than just brine, so pure water as well, and also lets me use ice powers or even water vapor (so I can basically melt/freeze things). It also lets me run as fast as sound if I want, and if I’m also wearing my yellow tie, as fast as light.

Yellow Tie - Tie of Light - Lets me control light, air (can’t mess with water vapor without the blue tie, still), and electricity. It also boosts my defense, and lets me create orbs of light and even “solid forms of light” (not 100% sure on how to explain but i.e. platforms or stuff you could touch, pick up or step on, etc., and it could be any color and looks kinda like as if there’s little stars floating around throughout the object + is kinda transparent but may bend and blur stuff seen through it).

All four ties at once - If I want to, I could go into a very powerful state, but it uses up my energy until I would need to take a good sleep; basically a last resort. I can also fly much better than with just the green tie.

Other powers that require the ties:

-Shoot out different colors of paint with my, uh, “hands”? (I imagine having stubby arms like a Minecraft character still); controllable amount and speed, etc.

-Have them play music.

-I thought about each tie letting me shoot a laser that matches the tie’s color but idk. I guess the yellow tie could let me shoot light beams at the very least.

The only other power I’d have without needing the ties, aside from controlling brine, would be a controllable, magnet-like grip, but wouldn’t only affect metal and would still require strength. I guess a “gravitational grip” would be a better way to define it. I also thought about shape shifting, but maybe just into brine and visible vapor, and maybe also the ability to stretch my body like Mr. Fantastic.

That’s basically it. I have imagined a world I call ”Brineland”, but it has a white sky and shades of gray with other stuff in some locations so I guess it’s a bit dreary even though it’s supposed to be happy...

I believe this is the first time I’ve actually shared my deep thoughts on here regarding my own fiction.
I tried making new art of my character but I seem to suck at it (at least on computer, may try hand-drawing it again sometime), so here's some older art + pixel art that can give an idea (even in the first art with elbows and the one with poorly-drawn skinny arms and stuff, imagine the proportions and stuff being like a Minecraft character):

TheBrinelord Art2.png
TheBrinelord!.png

TheBrinelord Art.png

TheCJBrine (Face, Happy).png

TheCJBrine (Face, Relieved).png

TheCJBrine (Face, WOAH (Love Eyes).png

TheCJBrine (Face, Wink).png

TheCJBrine (Face, Derpy).png

TheCJBrine (Face, Cry).png

TheCJBrine (Face, Ok Confused).png
TheCJBrine (Face, Angry Confused).png
TheCJBrine (Lenny Face).png
TheCJBrine (Face, YER A PIRATE).png

TheCJBrine (Face, Sans).png

TheCJBrine (Face, Papyrus).png

Papyrus CJ.png

thebrinelord sprite .png

thebrinelord sprite  2.png

yeah maybe it's weird, idk.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Yes. My second favorite Castlevania title.

Top 5 Castlevania Titles:
  1. Aria Of Sorrow
  2. Super Castlevania IV
  3. Rondo of Blood
  4. Symphony of The Night
  5. Portait of Ruin
The only other title I can think of right now is Bloodlines. Not sure if you played that one, but it's decent enough.

That's better.

Actually, not really.

Last edited:

Striga

Smash Journeyman
So questiin to any Dragon Quest fans, I've got IV, V and IX. Any other DQ games that are good?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If this is anything, I’d say it’s pointing towards velvet. Though I do think it’s odd that Sakurai would go with that over Lloyd or Yuri
I don't. Sakurai likes to pull off surprises with sleeper/dark horse picks. No one would had thought:ultjoker:could have gotten into this game after all. I'd keep an eye on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom