• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So in the past I've hinted at knowing things about Smash that aren't public knowledge, let's say. I've been hearing something lately and I've finally been able to corroborate this with multiple people in the know, so I wanted to finally share it. Obviously, despite me believing this, remember to always take leaks with a grain of salt.

Okay so...leak time.

I have information that I very much believe is reliable. Won't reveal the sources obviously, but still, I personally have no reason to doubt any of them.

Basically, the Fighter Pass characters were decided long before a lot of people realize. Specifically, Banjo was negotiated back in April 2018, only a month after the original March Direct teaser trailer.

This info may seem to bare little of worth, but there are some takeaways here. This part is more speculative, but still. I think anyone believing that spirits aren't disconfirmations may be out of luck here, as I've suspected. If the pass was chosen that early, I don't see a case where those sorts of upgrades are possible. I also think this hits a SwSh Pokémon (barring a late addition a la Incineroar and Greninja) and new IPs like Astral Chain pretty hard.

Above all though, people should stop saying the DLC was decided in November lol.

So that's what I know. Figured I'd tell this thread since I imagine it's pretty relevant. :p
Vergeben get out of here what the heck man /s

Noipoi

Howdy!
So in the past I've hinted at knowing things about Smash that aren't public knowledge, let's say. I've been hearing something lately and I've finally been able to corroborate this with multiple people in the know, so I wanted to finally share it. Obviously, despite me believing this, remember to always take leaks with a grain of salt.

Okay so...leak time.

I have information that I very much believe is reliable. Won't reveal the sources obviously, but still, I personally have no reason to doubt any of them.

Basically, the Fighter Pass characters were decided long before a lot of people realize. Specifically, Banjo was negotiated back in April 2018, only a month after the original March Direct teaser trailer.

This info may seem to bare little of worth, but there are some takeaways here. This part is more speculative, but still. I think anyone believing that spirits aren't disconfirmations may be out of luck here, as I've suspected. If the pass was chosen that early, I don't see a case where those sorts of upgrades are possible. I also think this hits a SwSh Pokémon (barring a late addition a la Incineroar and Greninja) and new IPs like Astral Chain pretty hard.

Above all though, people should stop saying the DLC was decided in November lol.

So that's what I know. Figured I'd tell this thread since I imagine it's pretty relevant. :p
Y’know what else was announced in the March direct?

UNDERTALE ON THE SWITCH

LETS GOOOOO
:skull::skull::skull::skull:

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Okay so...leak time.

Rex and Pyra found ded in Miami

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman

Okay so...leak time.

I can see the headlines now: "Geno found dead for the fifth time"

Still, Joking aside I'll take this as nothing but a rumor until proven otherwise.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
There was a time where I realized that the sound of my voice would only bring torment to the world.

That motivated me to consider voice acting

D

Deleted member

Okay so...leak time.

Rare did bring up Banjo & Kazooie on this blog post about their E3, saying that they've been working with the Smash team since last year, and even though they didn't specify exactly at what point last year the collaboration started it would definitely line up with the timeframe, even if it is pretty broad.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So my Mario Maker 2 stage is is coming along nicely.

Can I say that I like this new Scroll Stop feature? It frees up a lot of space for blocks, and it's great for not revealing the rest of the stage. I think I'm abusing it quite a bit, but who cares.

Plus, they made ground blocks in a seperate category from the rest, as well as doubling the amount that could be put down in MM1, so that's a nice boost.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Gone through an emotional crisis since yesterday just breaking down crying even at work and realize I can be emotionally unstable when it comes to dogs because today involved around my dad's dog Sophie but I'm better now since we're finding ways to get her to behave more better then ever.

I'm just going through lots lately. Life problems and such and so I vent out all that so called immature and repetitive stuff I kept doing a while back. Its no excuse though really. I'm 27 and even an decade after I still keep on doing this kind of **** posting when I should had long ago. As said I'm trying to make amends for everything I've done and all I can do is take one step at a time to better myself not just for you guys but myself as well. I know I'm repeating this but just want to remind you all I'm slowly becoming the better and more respectful person I'm hopefully becoming in all of your eyes. Fine not to believe me because I understand but I really am...:(

SonicMario

Smash Master
I never thought that all the characters were decided in November. Absolutely no way Joker and Hero were picked then for certain. I believe the main thing that was being debated on whether that's when the final character was decided. Though Banjo negotiations possibly being a little earlier then E3 is interesting since that's what probably many thought the suspicious meeting between Phil Spencer and Sakurai was about in the previous year's E3.

Does anyone have Sakurai's tweet about how all the fighter pass picks have been finalized? It's going to be nitpicked to death like any Sakurai quote. But it'll be nice to know the potential interpretations of his wording anyhow.

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Gone through an emotional crisis since yesterday just breaking down crying even at work and realize I can be emotionally unstable when it comes to dogs because today involved around my dad's dog Sophie but I'm better now since we're finding ways to get her to behave more better then ever.

I'm just going through lots lately. Life problems and such and so I vent out all that so called immature and repetitive stuff I kept doing a while back. Its no excuse though really. I'm 27 and even an decade after I still keep on doing this kind of **** posting when I should had long ago. As said I'm trying to make amends for everything I've done and all I can do is take one step at a time to better myself not just for you guys but myself as well. I know I'm repeating this but just want to remind you all I'm slowly becoming the better and more respectful person I'm hopefully becoming in all of your eyes. Fine not to believe me because I understand but I really am...:(
you've been saying stuff like this a lot lately, but I honestly haven't really found you annoying or anything. You can get pretty passionate sometimes, but overall you're pretty cool

always strive to improve of course, but I think you perceive yourself as worse here than you really are

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
you've been saying stuff like this a lot lately, but I honestly haven't really found you annoying or anything. You can get pretty passionate sometimes, but overall you're pretty cool

always strive to improve of course, but I think you perceive yourself as worse here than you really are
You probably haven't dug into my early posts especially when I first joined. I would repeat myself about things like movies I didn't like calling them names and go on about them repeating them all the time. Just to give you an example. Plus when I did first join was rather immature and condescending. Something I'm hoping to not cross again or accidentally do so without realizing given sometimes people can get riled up.

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
You probably haven't dug into my early posts especially when I first joined. I would repeat myself about things like movies I didn't like calling them names and go on about them repeating them all the time. Just to give you an example.
No, I remember. I guess I'm saying that you've done a good job improving.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
so has this been discussed yet?

music packs individually? seems too good to be true...

also, Sora Mii costume? Wouldn't they need to talk to Disney for that? Disney is a whole nother beast from Microsoft...

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

also, Sora Mii costume? Wouldn't they need to talk to Disney for that? Disney is a whole nother beast from Microsoft...
Oh my god. That would be ****ing amazing.

I do doubt it though. As you said, sounds too good to be true...

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy getting legitimate tlc?

Lol no

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
on the plus side if the Lloyd costume returns KOS-MOS is a go soooooo :eyes:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

If true. Speculation has taken a turn. Could it be that Heihachi or Nightmare could be the potential Namco rep? Maybe even KOS-MOS. Love her and Elma to be the final two just to get the latter.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero

I love how "Sega Packs" is just randomly placed there with no explanation. Calling false on that one.

Potato_

Smash Lord

Okay so...leak time.

Honestly don't doubt this.

PapaGenos had that source claiming to have seen a working Banjo model in November, before the game had even come out. Assuming that dude is legit, then the timeframe you gave makes sense. Vergeben had also heard about the square rep for quite a while beforehand, so that also seems to line up.

I do think this is pretty much a nail in the coffin in regards to Gen 8 Pokemon, assuming all the dlc was chosen at similar times. Spirits are still iffy but I wouldn't hold my breath either.

>TWEWY songs

DON'T TEASE ME LIKE THIS

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hey, I did another moveset video! This one is on Mr. Sandman; basically, it’s about if Punch-Out got a second character.
If punch out got a second character it SHOULD be King Hippo. Although I guess any number of boxers from the series could be Echoes.

Yeah. I’m calling bull **** on this one.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Is it wrong to say I like Phantom Menace more than AotC?

Menace is bad but it's at least stupid bad.

AotC is just a bad movie.
The Phantom Menace gave us podracing and Darth Maul. For all of its flaws, that puts it above Attack of the Clones in my book.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Including all those costumes when Joker only added two brand-new, complete costumes, two new hats, and two Smash 4 ports
(X) Doubt

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
tbf 6/7 of the Square 7 are in that image leak. I'm guessing Sephiroth is a Spirit if true, still a shame FF didn't get any ATs, he would have been perfect for an AT role

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

This sounds WAY too good to be true, but at least we only have a few days until it's proven true or false.

Though July 1st is a Monday; if they're going to do a video about the update like what was done with Joker, it seems unlikely that they'd be able to fit it into that timeframe unless it includes "The Hero will be available... later today."

I would gladly pay for more music, though.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
it's probably cut off, i'll see if there's a part 2 to the pic
These leaks make me anxious for anything to happen. Even if this wasn't proven fake, we would likely have to wait a day before that date for an announcement to see. I couldn't see all of this content release like that in just a few days.

Wouldn't mind being wrong on this, though.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Okay so...leak time.

Well uhh...that sucks for a whole bunch of characters lol. Lots of hopes and dreams crushed with that statement. Even more so the third-party Spirits.

Of course in the case of a particular Wrench Boy (gee I wonder who), things are a bit more tricky. Given the absence of important Advance Wars spirits and the removal of the Infantry & Tanks Assist Trophy; all of which I went in to great detail here.

Going back to what you said however, it really lines up with Vergeben hearing about an SE character back in like August or September and PapaGeno's hearing about Banjo in November. So like holy **** the models for these characters were done even before year-end. At least for those two, no telling for 4 & 5 yet (and given that there's literally no info for them, i'm willing to wager there wasn't a model done until earlier this year).

Makes you wonder how early Joker was if he was the first character. I'm thinking he was negotiated towards the end of 2017 to have been the first one and even more surprising considering leakers didn't know squat about his existence until the official reveal.

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman

No Super Mario RPG Music? That's a shame.

I'm still not going to give my verdict on if it's fake or not for reasons..

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
That would only be the case if they had new models instead of the 3DS ones. And in the case of the 3DS, those games' filesize is thanks to tons of redundant models for NPCs rather than hundreds of Pokemon.
Slight correction, those extra NPC models weren't redundant but actually served a legitimate purpose - they decreased loading times.

The idea that they were redundant was spread around just because people were angry and wanted to believe the that GF was incompetent even though most of us are armchair developers who actually have no clue what we're talking about.
Everyone: Moved on from the debate gradually
Masuda:

Even though I don't really care too deeply about this matter myself, there was nothing to gain from Masuda here to make this statement. If he had nothing re-assuring to say to the fans; don't say it
To be fair its really difficult to stay quite about something like this, especially when a lot of people are smack-talking you in particular.

People are talking **** about him because of a dissapointing decision made in a silly game about cutesy monsters and he's saying "I can hear you guys" is the most polite and proffesional way possible.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Fake because SE doesn't give Sakurai more than 2 tracks to use.

But really, I don't see "Music DLC" being a thing, seems way out there. And I doubt Hero is releasing until the week of EVO.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Okay so...leak time.

Now who’s the last two on the pass?
:p

But this isn’t too hard to believe. Considering all the work we know was being put into place for this game starting with smash Wii U, dlc being laid out early enough during development wouldn’t shock me.

But what does that mean for a potential second pass I wonder

D

Deleted member

Okay so...leak time.

E: Nevermind, you said April 2018. I jumped the gun

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
D

Deleted member

If punch out got a second character it SHOULD be King Hippo. Although I guess any number of boxers from the series could be Echoes.
I'm still vouching for Mike Tyson above all else.

No matter what, Mike wins this fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom