• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Some of y'all need to learn what a joke is lol.

Fairly certain Shish is parodying the "Piranha Plant is a Wario echo" doohickery.

D

Deleted member

Ike’s neutral air, Ike/Ganon’s forward smash and apparently Ken’s up air
KEN? Didn’t see that one coming.

Honestly, is it sad that the first thing I noticed about his gameplay is how many moves from other fighters he uses? Literally one of the first things I noticed.

D

Deleted member

I think I'm gonna be less active on the internet for a while.

I just got a deep depression regarding how life has trashed me since I was born... And I don't feel strong enough to be online.

D

Deleted member

I just got a deep depression regarding how life has trashed me since I was born... And I don't feel strong enough to be online.
Good luck, man. If you wanna talk, shoot me a PM.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm not sure if to take the comparisons seriously, but...

The neutral B's aren't the same. Kazooie can rapid fire the eggs, move when firing, and doesn't suck in characters to spit them out. No similarities, and the egg mechanics fit the characters perfectly. More closely resembles Mega Man, just a special rather than an attack.

The side B's Wonderwing, which in Smash is a charge attack with possible super armor--no similarities to throwing a crown. This is perhaps the move with the most artistic license, but if anything, it's better than in the games, outside of the lower inventory of gold feathers (which is reasonable, otherwise it would be overpowered--probably still is).

And while there's a vague resemblance with both Diddy and Banjo & Kazooie having an item as their down B, a grenade is very different from a banana.

I say this as someone who is not into competitive Smash, and doesn't look too deep into the moves (so, I've probably gotten something wrong). The only comparisons I've seen that make sense is Banjo & Kazooie's down tilt and back air being similar to Duck Hunt's--but Duck Hunt always seemed like it derived stuff from Banjo & Kazooie, so I can see how there would invariably be some similarities. Even saying derivative, rather than an echo, I find Banjo & Kazooie to be more similar to Duck Hunt, Mega Man and Sonic, than King K Rool. Regardless, I feel like the moves have been faithfully adapted into Smash, as I always thought their moves fit Smash with little changes necessary.

D

Deleted member

Some of y'all need to learn what a joke is lol.

Fairly certain Shish is parodying the "Piranha Plant is a Wario echo" doohickery.
What do you mean? This is Smashboards dot com. No one ever jokes. Anyone who dares to try learns their lesson.

Iridium

Smash Hero
So far Hero has Link’s jumping slash, TL’s back aerial and the shield gimmick so it’s not a totally unfair comparison so far.
Probably wouldn't say TL's b-air. Hero turning around right after using it resembles Marth more. And the animation reminds me of Joker more anyway.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Tbh, although Hero’s moves do look similar to other fighters at a glance when watching their reveal, they’re a bit more different than you might think.

At most I see, Marth’s Up Smash, Link’s Dash Attack, Link’s Shield, Ike’s Neutral Air, and Joker’s Back Air? (Reminded of me of Joker and Toon Link)

But aside from that, Hero’s attacks are pretty different for the most part, and even the moves I mentioned have drastically different animations.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

If you ever need to talk, or just a shoulder to cry on. My dms are open. I can’t even count the amount of times other users have done this for me.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

I hate to see you go through this, if you ever need to talk or just need someone to listen, my DMs are open here and on Discord too. I hope you’ll be able to work things out soon.

D

Deleted member

The frames for the Thwomps turning are so choppy it’s not even funny.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If Nintendo made a “Super Smash Kart” do you think they should prioritize getting every franchise and character from Ultimate’s roster into the roster (even if it means reused assets), or would you prefer a kart racer with a smaller roster and a few additions who wouldn’t work as fighters? Could some characters be condensed into the same slot as costumes?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
3D world looks so much better than the NSBU style
Agreed. Now I just wish I could actually do the stuff I wanted in the 3D World style that I can't because of version exclusive features. :chuckle:

Also, I've always argued that 3D World is underrated. People look at it compared to the 3D titles, and was disappointed it wasn't Galaxy 3, but it has far more in common with the 2D titles--linear gameplay, flagpole ending, power-ups more similar to the 2D games. Granted Galaxy also blurred those lines, but I feel it is uncontroversial as a 3D title. And compared to the New Super Mario Bros games, 3D World is a much better reflection of carrying the torch of the more old school titles. Particularly that while it did have traditionally themed worlds, most of the levels took on new and unique themes.

I'd say it's my favorite Mario game since Super Mario 64, and much more fun than Odyssey--it had almost everything I wanted, and so much more I didn't expect. Although, I'm a different case than most because I never played 3D Land, didn't own a 3DS, so more stuff in it felt novel than it would have otherwise. I was disappointed when 3D Land was only for the 3DS, as it looked like it could be a really cool console game, and so 3D World's announcement was a wish came true.

Now they just need to port it or announce the sequel--I can't tell you how infuriated I was when Captain Toad and New Super Mario Bros U got the ports. They've ported/sequelized almost every Wii U title, and that one feels like the odd one out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If you think about it every character is a Captain Falcon echo cause he's directly based off the moveset of those Dragon King guys who are the origin for every single character in Smash. Sakurai's such a lazy dev smh.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
If Nintendo made a “Super Smash Kart” do you think they should prioritize getting every franchise and character from Ultimate’s roster into the roster (even if it means reused assets), or would you prefer a kart racer with a smaller roster and a few additions who wouldn’t work as fighters? Could some characters be condensed into the same slot as costumes?
considering the fact I dont want a super smash kart, id rather not have it at all

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Imagine if the Music effects from other Mario games changed depending on the theme.
Like putting the N64 one on the underwater changes the music to Dire Dire Docks or putting Wii on the Ground theme changes it to Good Egg Galaxy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Everyone seems to hate GameFreak for this, but let’s be real, they probably had a good reason for this. I mean, that’s a lot of Pokemon to code in, and a lot of memory your using by adding literally every Pokemon ever.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Got mario maker 2 digitally today! Had some Eshop credit from last time and use my gold points to cut the tax off. So I managed to get the 12 year bundle to.

Now I have 15 more months of online which is nice. Can’t wait to get building. Will share when I have something good

Shroob

Sup?
Everyone seems to hate GameFreak for this, but let’s be real, they probably had a good reason for this. I mean, that’s a lot of Pokemon to code in, and a lot of memory your using by adding literally every Pokemon ever.
Of course there's a good reason.

Have a pokemon home subscription that you can't even make full use of until a game that has the mons you want to transfer comes out. Its 100 percent a money based reason.

D

Deleted member

"We hear you, but we're not going to do anything."
At this point they can...

1. Keep the game as it is.
2. Add the rest of the Pokemon, which would delay the game by a year at minimum, maybe more. Fans would be split either way.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
and a lot of memory your using by adding literally every Pokemon ever.
That would only be the case if they had new models instead of the 3DS ones. And in the case of the 3DS, those games' filesize is thanks to tons of redundant models for NPCs rather than hundreds of Pokemon.

D

Deleted member

The Pokewars have begun.
That would only be the case if they had new models instead of the 3DS ones. And in the case of the 3DS, those games' filesize is thanks to tons of redundant models for NPCs rather than hundreds of Pokemon.
They would need new models. The 3DS models are to low poly, and the textures are to low quality for the Switch.

Of course there's a good reason.

Have a pokemon home subscription that you can't even make full use of until a game that has the mons you want to transfer comes out. Its 100 percent a money based reason.
It is most likely a memory reason, and I’m sure the amount of time it takes to code that was factored in as well. By doing this, they’re using far less memory, so you can have room for other games on your Switch and whatnot.

Shroob

Sup?
The Pokewars have begun.

They would need new models. The 3DS models are to low poly, and the textures are to low quality for the Switch.

It is most likely a memory reason, and I’m sure the amount of time it takes to code that was factored in as well. By doing this, they’re using far less memory, so you can have room for other games on your Switch and whatnot.
The 3ds models are the same damn models, just given a higher resolution.

D

Deleted member

The 3ds models are the same damn models, just given a higher resolution.
To do that they would have to re-topologize the models, which therefore makes them entirely new models in the eyes of the game engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom