• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tell me why Mario >Doc

Tamoo

Smash Master
I am amused that you think I'm *****ing about london's scene or your playstyle from these two posts. I merely picked you up on something you said.

If you've decided to make it personal, I wouldn't take too much out of your match with ben, I believe at that tournament, he placed 4th and you placed 9th so regardless of however close you went to him, he still outplaces you.

And both my posts have had as many relevant points as most of the other posts on this thread, your point?

To keep up with all the relevant input I have given, doc is heavier than mario, which i believe hasn't been mentioned, which greatly helps recovery with good DI, but yeah im probs alone in thinking docs recovery is better than mario :/

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
i dont know much but im gonna post some stuffs

docs fair can kill. marios is a meteor that can easily be MCed.
docs pill give him a much stronger approach.
docs dsmash is a killer..

recovery wise, ROY is BY FAR the worst. docs is half decent, although marios is better.

my man sumo is a doc main. il try to hit em up

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
My opinion is that Doc is more fun. Pills > fireballs, and killing Fair > ****ty meteor.

Mario does have better clothes, I agree.

j3ly

Smash Champion
To keep up with all the relevant input I have given, doc is heavier than mario, which i believe hasn't been mentioned, which greatly helps recovery with good DI, but yeah im probs alone in thinking docs recovery is better than mario :/
i thought i mentioned all of that =/ maybe a different post or you misread or somethin.

However that is only in PAL. NTSC, their mario weighs the same as our doc, all sluggy and wierd nd shiz.

having a comboing bair that retain docs gimping ability is awesome. Granted docs fair is beaaast, but seeing as marios fair combos into fsmash on all chars in a wide %-range which kills better (most of the time) then docs fair its not too big a disadvantage. in addition with a dair floor-hitbox, a nair which is strong at the start, ad a uair that actually combos nicely, IMO mario has by far the superior aerial game

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Docs fair kills better than marios F-smash usually and can be done straight from a grab.

His bair is way better

Nair is super powerful the last couple frames for Doc

His dair does more damage than Marios

and uhhh I didn't even know their u-airs were diff

_wzrd

Smash Journeyman
yeah, doc is a lot better...even without the other buffs...those pills, so much better than flames.

my buddy used to play mario just cause he liked that he had a spike (meteor i know).

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
yeah, doc is a lot better...even without the other buffs...those pills, so much better than flames.

my buddy used to play mario just cause he liked that he had a spike (meteor i know).
even as a mario main, I have to give Doc his props. Even though I like the Mario's F-air, who could resist doing two F-airs right after each other without having to risk your life to do them.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Not another "Doc is better than Mario" debate. If I was a moderator I close this crap so quick. These things are kinda pointless, and you're just gonna get the same five responses from the same five guys over and over. It's always Jely, and Rookie in here tryin' to hype up on how much potential Mario has. Then everyone else will say Doc's better. This is like the fifth thread in one year about Doc/Mario.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
Not another "Doc is better than Mario" debate. If I was a moderator I close this crap so quick. These things are kinda pointless, and you're just gonna get the same five responses from the same five guys over and over. It's always Jely, and Rookie in here tryin' to hype up on how much potential Mario has. Then everyone else will say Doc's better. This is like the fifth thread in one year about Doc/Mario.
Then ignore it and let the people who havent been able to voiced their opinion run free. im not speaking for everybody but i havent put in my two cents yet and would like to do that without people complaining(not saying you are) :)

a rookie

Smash Ace
Mario is obviously THE BEST, I mean you'd have to be an idiot to convert to Doc when there's Marioism. Where you at? =D

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
doc has a better taunt tho, because it can be canceled on an edge when you have momentum, and is also the only character in the game that can do it in such a manner.

n0ne

Smash Ace
mario does jab combo dbz-style. doc doesnt.
mario can live in the air with cape stall. doc goes to satans land.
mario upb-cancels > walljump. ULTRA sexyness. doc only cancels on floor.
marios fair to f smash... too good.

Top Bottom