• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tekken Mafia | Now with the real endgame flavour.... Who won?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
And you know the problem with capitalizing on small subtleties? There's a high margin for error. Putting on the goggles this early in the game because of that sentence is ridiculous.

Try all you want, though. I'm not gonna bother having a wall war with you over something so foolish.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
This is mafia, nothing is ever 100%. I'm always open to the possibility I misread.

That said, I frankly find subtleties more reliable then major actions because anybody whose sufficiently skilled can take townie actions, but if you understand how the person thinks, as scum they will eventually make revealing subtle mistakes.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I assumed that you asking Swiss questions about Gorf when he's already given his read on me meant that you forgot that Gorf was hydraing with me. Am I wrong?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Yeah, realized that once you pointed it out.

So why that wording? Your response really doesn't answer this.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Still would like swiss' thoughts on gorf, kuz and him are technically two different people, and it seems as though most of their interactions have been independent of each other.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I was stating objectively that we aren't on the same scumteam, or you would have known that we were hydraing. Easy stuff man.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
Fynal - Stances. Asap. What do you think of WL crumbing?
what do I think of the crumbing? not much. as far as i know crumbing isn't a tell either way.

That said, I frankly find subtleties more reliable then major actions because anybody whose sufficiently skilled can take townie actions, but if you understand how the person thinks, as scum they will eventually make revealing subtle mistakes.
honestly, sounds like a bunch of crap to me. you want us to vote based on you saying someone's subtleties are scummy? when you can say that about anyone easily with no evidence? no thanks

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Fynal, having read my 158, what's your opinion on Swiss hammering D1? Do you have a read on Swiss at this point in time?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Adumb is town, I've never seen him make stupid entitled posts like 79, 83, 110 as scum

:phone:
I thought about this, but he's acting way abnormal about things. I don't think he would go so far as to try and put attention on him during pre-game, and especially attack Kuz without justifiable reasons.

#HBC | ѕoup

What Adumb did, imo, was dumb, but I don't really feel it was scummy.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
no, i don't have a read on swiss. still trying.

your suggestion that swiss hammer D1 makes me think you have some kind of killing role (of any alignment) and want to be able to get rid of swiss later exactly when you want to if need be. the doc protection is an empty promise. i don't really know what that means alignment wise though.

#HBC | ѕoup

Adum, Kuz is scum still. Talk partners with me based on everything that has happened.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
^^ was at soup.

no, i don't have a read on swiss. still trying.

your suggestion that swiss hammer D1 makes me think you have some kind of killing role (of any alignment) and want to be able to get rid of swiss later exactly when you want to if need be. the doc protection is an empty promise. i don't really know what that means alignment wise though.
How is the doc protect an empty promise in the slightest. This also doesn't tell me your thoughts on Swiss hammering or not, just my possible intentions for requesting so. I've already detailed my reasoning in 158, do you believe me to be lying there?

#HBC | ѕoup

They did? I agreed with Nabe and explained why I had a change of thought.

#HBC | ѕoup

I took Adumb's reasoning as purely joking the first time around, but as he became more serious about it I noticed the abnormality of it, he's trying to put fake suspicion on you based on how you reacted to things, the way he worded things "I know you're scum kuz" made me feel like he was hella reaching on his part and he didn't have a damn clue what he was doing, I felt like he was just making this up and he really had no intention to do these things as town, mostly because I don't think even Adum would be dull enough to realize when his fake pressure gambit didn't work.

I looked again and had second thoughts, and I don't think Adum actually has a scum-read on you, I think he's still bull****ting and being abnormal about it, but I don't think he would go this far as to make a reach on a power player as scum OR make himself such an undermining target.

#HBC | ѕoup

I don't have a scum-read on you, that was a question towards Adum.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Weird wording then. And Adumb definitely is definitely serious about his accusations. I also want to prematurely call him dumb over scum but we'll see how his play pans out before I make any solid judgements.

What do you think about Swiss?

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
How is the doc protect an empty promise in the slightest. This also doesn't tell me your thoughts on Swiss hammering or not, just my possible intentions for requesting so. I've already detailed my reasoning in 158, do you believe me to be lying there?
because we don't know if there even is a doc, or if he'll die early? ...though i found somewhere where you said that wouldn't happen. ok.

I want to ask you something about your 158 plan though, what are you afraid scumswiss will do with a late game invulnerability? strikes me as something much more useful for a townie in a tough spot rather than a scummie, even considering serial killers

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Swiss probably won't be lynched during the Day. He knows it. As scum his biggest worry is being nightkilled by an opposing scum faction, which certainly exists with the game's size and mechanic. As town he would still hold this worry, but it would be a lot less pronounced. Swiss being NKd as town would not nearly be as detrimental to the town faction as him being NKd as scum would be to the respective scum faction. Ergo, him giving up his immunity would hurt him way more as scum than as town. I'm not proposing we just leave him out in the open, though, because as town he would for sure be an asset. That's where the doc protects come in.

Its just I don't want to risk Swiss in endgame because he's definitely slippery enough to not get lynched without an incriminating PR result (and even then so) and with NK immunity he could very easily be a huge problem as scum.

You dig?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
And if Swiss feels the same way about my slot, I'd be happy to hammer D2 provided Doc wifom'd his protect between the two of us.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
ok, makes sense. your second also post answered my other question before i could ask it. I was not exactly working off the assumption that swiss wouldn't be lynched

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I mean he can be lynched, its just hard and time consuming. Provided he doesn't do something bat**** ********, scumSwiss is most worried about dying during the Night.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I know you would be.

@Fynal, still want your actual opinion whether you want Swiss hammering D1 or not.

@Soup, 183.

@Dark Horse, let me get your read on Adumb.

@RR, do you agree that you should be immediately lynched if you ever change your claim from VT?

@Joey, let me read you.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
@Fynal, still want your actual opinion whether you want Swiss hammering D1 or not.
yes, i agree, it sounds like a solid idea. As does having you hammer d2, for the same reason.

was trying to say that with my last post but meh

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Hmm, a lot of **** happened. Let it be known I have a post coming.

Oh yeah, townreads on me, lol. I was going to say that it's not my style to out reads, but I got a town vibe off of Soup, so yeah going to have to change my playstyle again.

Uh, someone who's not really involved yet: please talk to me about Dark Horse, both his entrance and his interaction with Kuz, that'd be grand, thanks.

Also, general question, how important is it to let yourself be read in a game of mafia? I.e. should you make an effort to contribute in a way that people can read your alignment? In previous games I have put myself out there and hope people can see that I'm town... it doesn't always work, though.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Some stuff:

Kary town. Have to agree with Swiss here.

Ditz scum. He comes into this game, says he skimmed the thread, and yet still considers this to be "nonsense." How is this nonsense? He could easily come in and say something, but he opts not to.

Gord gives me bad vibes. The second half of his 149 reads as a pathetic attempt at dismissing what Adumb is saying.

Swiss:Thoughts on Gorf/Ditz?
Wow. You've figured me out really good. MvP: Dark Horse

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Kuz, I've gotten stronger scum then you through equally small subtleties.

For example, Kata in RE.

Now comes the hard part, convincing town to actually follow through.
Oh so this is the game where you're gonna be convinced that you're not wrong until either we or you die, and will push our lynch no matter how townie we are because of one thing?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Reading this from my phone isn't gonna work this time, guess i do it from home.

Side note: that ranked game was the most unfun league game i have ever done. **** trolls.

:phone:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Oh so this is the game where you're gonna be convinced that you're not wrong until either we or you die, and will push our lynch no matter how townie we are because of one thing?

Actually I'm entirely willing to re-examine my read later.

Here's the thing, these posts by you are outright scummy.

honestly, sounds like a bunch of crap to me. you want us to vote based on you saying someone's subtleties are scummy? when you can say that about anyone easily with no evidence? no thanks
That is evidence, it's just evidence you've never bothered to look for.

I took Adumb's reasoning as purely joking the first time around, but as he became more serious about it I noticed the abnormality of it, he's trying to put fake suspicion on you based on how you reacted to things, the way he worded things "I know you're scum kuz" made me feel like he was hella reaching on his part and he didn't have a damn clue what he was doing, I felt like he was just making this up and he really had no intention to do these things as town, mostly because I don't think even Adum would be dull enough to realize when his fake pressure gambit didn't work.

I looked again and had second thoughts, and I don't think Adum actually has a scum-read on you, I think he's still bull****ting and being abnormal about it, but I don't think he would go this far as to make a reach on a power player as scum OR make himself such an undermining target.
I'm deadly serious, the "kuz, you're scum aren't you" was an invitation for him to say something else incriminating as well as an expression of my opinions of the slot.

Also, don't really have thoughts on potential scummates yet.

Top Bottom