• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tekken Mafia | Now with the real endgame flavour.... Who won?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I suppose I should say "dealing with." I did end up skimming it to be thorough. I just don't intend to involve myself until the game actually starts. Too much nonsense

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
JD, how do you feel about this game overall?

Toastin Dat Walrus

Smash Rookie

Swiss

Smash Lord
The "information to the contrary" comment feels especially off, like he's scared of me actually having information that confirms it. [/quote]

Swiss, would you lynch Adumb off this?[/QUOTE]

No.

The point of what Adum is saying is not that he thinks you overtly were genuinely scared he had information, but rather the confrontation which had a tone or flavour to it which rings off.

Also to addressing you, what do you want? All you're doing is pressuring me to see if I'll give in to wasting my immunity so you can try and read me - whilst also calling me scum overtly in thread to try and weaken my thread power and irritate me. I'm not an imbecile.

If you truly thought me scum you would have voted me or made action to try and rally other players.

RR I mean for you to sheep my vote but not my reads.

Just arrived at work so eta further posts - 12 hours

Swiss

Smash Lord
Solidly null, Soup.

He has a habit of err'ing on the side of obnoxious force to produce results. If he's scum I don't think he'll survive too long. Though Adum is town as he lacks his glibe slickness and skill confidence, here he's more appealing. I do of course reserve the right to flip this stance in a heartbeat to no discernible reason.

Gord isn't exactly difficult to read. If I get a town read on Gord I can listen to Kuz' reads.

A wonderful idea.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
The "information to the contrary" comment feels especially off, like he's scared of me actually having information that confirms it.
Swiss, would you lynch Adumb off this?[/QUOTE]

No.

The point of what Adum is saying is not that he thinks you overtly were genuinely scared he had information, but rather the confrontation which had a tone or flavour to it which rings off.[/QUOTE]

Actually I sort of did, at least initially. Fear is irrational after all and even if after intellectual consideration he realized it was extremely unlikely that doesn't mean that he didn't react to my post before really thinking.

But in practical terms it could just be general nervousness due to calling out his alignment, asking if I have information to the contrary seems really off and nervous for a townie, the only other explanation is that he was outright role fishing.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
You believe Kuz was genuinely scared you had role information and that he reacted like that?
One possible explanation if he reacted without thinking it through. That's a mistake that even the most experienced scum make on occasion.

In practice, the other explanations are just as damning.

How long was initially, I don't understand.

Why would he react with bluster and arrogance as opposed to immediately discrediting you?
Till 95.

That does give me a bit of pause because he did seem more interested in figuring out if we had a relationship then throwing me off.

At the same time, scum has an interest in appearing that way and kuz certainly is good enough to pull it off. Also any scum has to be on the lookout for third parties, especially in a large. It doesn't provide sufficient doubt to make me reconsider my read.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
K so like, dreads are probably not happening toDay, so let's get down to it:

I don't know if I really follow the whole proposal thing, I'll have Kuz gimme a rundown on what happened with that. But here:

Because regardless of my alignment every cop, doc, tracker, watcher and every other goddamn PR will be targeting me N1. By D3 I'll likely be cleared or dead. I hope for the former. But Kuz seems intent on having me waste my immunity. What do you think about this?
It tickles me funny seeing that Swiss is SO disheartened by Kuz' disdain of his plan of action wrt the hammer that he's going to Kary to get his weigh in on it. But ultimately, hey, it's just getting another opinion. But hey @Adumb do you see THE SUBTLETY DISPLAYED?! "Kuz seems intent on having me waste my immunity." Why word it like that if you're not looking to mold his opinion to your scum read that you apparently don't have according to your 131? I'm not digging it.

So far that's my only scum vibe. Adumb reads as meatriding to me, but probably town from the way he's been going at it.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
People, be more obvious about your alignments so I can read you, Dededamn

Scum especially :D Post here instead of your QT

@WL, your posts have all been on the backs of others (80 posts in), I hope you get less reactionary and more I-am-an-independant-black-woman like usual

:phone:

#HBC | Gorf

That was my point. I called adumb cuz he was like "Yo you gotta look for the SUBTLETIES *slurp* *slurp*" when he was try'na incriminate our slot. That was the only part @ em, the rest was about your attempt of molding Kary's opinion of us being scum. Glad we got this clear.

Swiss

Smash Lord
That was my point. I called adumb cuz he was like "Yo you gotta look for the SUBTLETIES *slurp* *slurp*" when he was try'na incriminate our slot. That was the only part @ em, the rest was about your attempt of molding Kary's opinion of us being scum. Glad we got this clear.
Re-word, I do not understand your point.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Wait, forget that. You idiot.

I gave Kary bait to call Kuz scum or dig at him, he didn't play opportunistically. Hence townread on him in #82.

How the hell do you not know my early play by now?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
What are your other reads?
You're null, frankly I'm resisting an urge to like your slot off nulltells because that's just how you play.

WL is probably town.

Not sure if RR is just being dumb or scum that's trying to throw dumbtown tells for his advantage.

That's all I have so far, because SOMEBODY ended RVS super early.

Did Gord's posts imply anything to you?
No clue, the link is censored and there's not enough context for me to figure it out. I assume it's unflattering but that's expected and doesn't tell me much without what it actually is.

Swiss says it in an interview and suddenly using a methodology that I've been doing for... years becomes meatriding swiss.

GTFO, I've had my love affair with RVS forever, and yes me and swiss agree on this.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
EBWOP: Not necessarily RVS itself, but in the philosophy of reading what people say and how they say it. My liking RVS is one manifestation of it.

#HBC | Gorf

His response to you wasn't even remotely accurate with what was going on though iirc. He was telling you that Kuz wouldn't be taking away your protection (which, in that scenario, is simply wrong) and that was it. If you were really looking to bait em into calling our slot scum, I imagine you'd have clarified and restated the question, but you were just... cool with it. And besides, how is Kary's 65 not a town tell in and of itself.

@Adumb the pic was a cowboy riding on a horse with a penis for a head. It just seems that you're using your like of Swiss, the person, to find our slot scummy because we're not necessarily in compliance with Swiss, the player.

Breakfast.

Swiss

Smash Lord
He had the opportunity to nip at kuz and didn't. Purely because he didn't explictly say "Hey, that's unfair to Kuz" doesn't nullify the tell to me.

Regardless, we both think him town.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Good.

And Gord, if you full ****** this thread, I will explode.

Adum I'll respond more when I get home from work. I'm taking up too much of my working day.

Nabe why is WL town?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
@Adumb the pic was a cowboy riding on a horse with a penis for a head. It just seems that you're using your like of Swiss, the person, to find our slot scummy because we're not necessarily in compliance with Swiss, the player.

Breakfast.
That's laughable.

I have had no trouble pulling cases on kata or OS or swiss or any number of other players I personally liked before. Nor have I white-knighted them in games just because.

If anything, I have a general distrust of d1 power plays due to playing with scum OS a fair number of times, but again it wasn't what that made me dislike your slot, but how.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Some stuff:

Kary town. Have to agree with Swiss here.

Ditz scum. He comes into this game, says he skimmed the thread, and yet still considers this to be "nonsense." How is this nonsense? He could easily come in and say something, but he opts not to.

Gord gives me bad vibes. The second half of his 149 reads as a pathetic attempt at dismissing what Adumb is saying.

Swiss:Thoughts on Gorf/Ditz?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Hey guys! I'm giving everyone a full 24 hours to confirm (from around the time role PMs were sent). After this point I will consider starting the game.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
The point of what Adum is saying is not that he thinks you overtly were genuinely scared he had information, but rather the confrontation which had a tone or flavour to it which rings off.
I understand thats what he's saying. But I'm asking you if you actually agree with such a ridiculous statement. "What information do you have to the contrary" is not at all forced and uncomfortable. My post was analogous to "Adumb, what reasons do you have to accuse me of scum?" or simply "why?" Saying that I was actually scared of him having information is 100% completely ridiculous but that the tone was also off is reaching/nitpicking beyond measure.

I'm asking you, Swiss, specifically, if you agree that my tone was off. Not if I'm making a power play, which I clearly am, and which has no reflection of my alignment in the slightest.

Also to addressing you, what do you want? All you're doing is pressuring me to see if I'll give in to wasting my immunity so you can try and read me - whilst also calling me scum overtly in thread to try and weaken my thread power and irritate me. I'm not an imbecile.
I'm doing no such thing. I'm giving you 100% full thread control D1 in exchange for you hammering D1. Heck, if you're brownie, I'll personally ask the Doc to protect you every Night onward. If you're a boon to town, you'll survive to late game and beast scum like I know you want to. Thing is, if you aren't, there's no way in hell I want you near endgame with the possibility of hammer immunity. You're the player who could be my biggest asset or my biggest nightmare and your slippery enough to maneuver around most of this playlist if I were to die. As I stated earlier, your compliance would hurt you much more as scum than as town and, as town, you'd still be in a good position to survive provided the doctor isn't pressured outed (I feel pretty confident that won't happen though).

If you truly thought me scum you would have voted me or made action to try and rally other players.
It's pregame. Votes don't count yet.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I agree with Nabe.

I don't like Ditz.

I have no idea what RR is doing.

Kary is town.

DH is not aligned with me. <- I'm hydraing with Gorf.

Adumb is correct that he is not white knighting, though his reasoning is equally as inane.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Kuz, I've gotten stronger scum then you through equally small subtleties.

For example, Kata in RE.

Now comes the hard part, convincing town to actually follow through.

Top Bottom