• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tekken Mafia | Now with the real endgame flavour.... Who won?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I don't know, Nabe; not sure why J would say so without some reasoning, but he was scum so ehh.
This isn't an ehh moment. You've already implied you do believe it, this is just followthrough. Why do you believe it?

I could see Dietz as indy with say you or PL, but he could be solo.
I'm the one who got the three of us into a QT. Is that coincidence then?

It's not really my priority right now as I don't imagine they have a night kill.
But it is your priority to toss it around as an idea to distract from Joey's bingo on you?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Washed... well as i've said before he seems scummy, moreso than PL IMO. It's also convenient timing that you've been pushing me today after washed was in the firing line, make of that what you will.

Funny that you're running on statement analysis again. It's possible J was lying about their being a 2nd faction to create a wild goose chase; I don't think it's the sort of thing he'd do, but I can see it as part of a scumplan. Dietz still being alive kinda adds weight to the theory IMO.

Not sure I follow the next part. Dietz and you being aligned is somewhat plausible if he was recruited 2nd, during N3, and it adds up reasonably with your plays; but it doesn't explain why the mafia are lurking while you've burst into action today. Dietz + PL is probably more plausible in that respect.

aaaand I already covered the distraction thing.

95% on you being scum right now Nabe, and I don't think at this stage you're going to bus your buddy so I guess I want you dead today.

Vote: Nabe

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Thanks, let me know. We talked about Kary a lot so I'd expect there to be some hits.
Two things. I only hear conversations "through line taps." If you, Jdietz, or Joey is not line tapped, I can not hear the conversation.

Secondly, I did not get any results from Kary because of the Mystery Woman. Basically, she turned me into a VT overnight; she took a "device" that "stores and processes" information, thus I can't "process" information if I don't have the "storage device."

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@Nabe: no, I brought that up in the context of my read on J/Ditz and how they're not aligned
and no, because it is clearlybull****. I may do so later if I can be bothered.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@Bardull: am I right in saying you only get results if;
whoever you signal is being talked about, at night, by someone with a line tap on them?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Washed... well as i've said before he seems scummy, moreso than PL IMO. It's also convenient timing that you've been pushing me today after washed was in the firing line, make of that what you will.
My neighbors know my read on Washed. What's your read on Krys?

It's possible J was lying about their being a 2nd faction to create a wild goose chase; I don't think it's the sort of thing he'd do, but I can see it as part of a scumplan. Dietz still being alive kinda adds weight to the theory IMO.
Seems like exactly the thing J would do, since he had just gotten me lynched in OS All-Stars where I dropped the same WIFOM on death. If Dietz is alive because he's scum, shouldn't I be dead in his place? Shouldn't you be dead in his place?

Not sure I follow the next part.
You had better try, since you're presenting it as if it were your own internal logic.

Dietz and you being aligned is somewhat plausible if he was recruited 2nd, during N3, and it adds up reasonably with your plays; but it doesn't explain why the mafia are lurking while you've burst into action today. Dietz + PL is probably more plausible in that respect.
Recruited? Am I a Cult Leader now? What makes it plausible? What makes Dietz + PL more plausible?

aaaand I already covered the distraction thing.
No, you didn't. Why did you bring up J's factions comment, and how does it relate to Dietz?

95% on you being scum right now Nabe, and I don't think at this stage you're going to bus your buddy so I guess I want you dead today.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Kary is probably scum at this point based on claim and reaction, but there are still other issues to attend to before we close out today.

@Bardull: What exactly aren't you allowed to tell us? You've claimed not being able to tell us exactly what happened, but following that today you've essentially claimed your results in full.

@Nabe: Are you scum too? Why didn't you shoot RR when you had the chance. Why didn't you tell us your claim after you announced surety of Joey's alignment in our neighborhood?

I applaud Joey for taking the initiative in faking his claim to help Nabe, but the reality is Nabe has claimed 4 shot Neighborize/Vig in our QT. Lying about it, though well intentioned and all but guaranteeing Joey town, does not actually help us in this scenario. All things being equal it would be better for Nabe to be shot during the night to confirm him as his role is already spent rather than a VT be killed in his place for a fakeclaim.

Now needless to say this little stint has been fruitful for reads, at this point I was even supposed to further it by claiming a result through my RB at Nabe's bequest for further reaction tests. But I'm starting to think that may not have been suggested with the best intentions. I'm finding it somewhat hard to believe a vig role in a game with claims such as Bardull's and a confirmed line tapper plus a Watch/Track, it seems OP. Tack that on to a combined role such as Neighbor/Vig and it becomes questionable.

My apologies for our joint gambit, but it has seemingly proved fruitful. I'm not about to let everyone in town remain in the dark about this foible however since it's still possible we're reaching Mylo.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
VOTE COUNT:

[2] Kary: Nabe / -Masquerain-
[1] Nabe: Kary

[0] -Masquerain-
[0] Krystedez
[0] BarDulL
[0] Pink Lemonade
[0] Jdietz43
[0] WashedLaundry

[5] Not Voting: Krystedez / WashedLaundry / BarDulL / Pink Lemonade / Jdietz43

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!
Deadline set for Monday 6th August, Midnight GMT.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Jdietz :/.

Everything he says is true.

Nabe's role is Town Ticket-Puncher iIrc.

My role is Vanilla Townie.

Was trying to soak up a night kill since I haven't really been playing the game at all, so Nabe/Dietz would have been way more useful than me.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes, and while it was admirable of you to try, at this point it actually wouldn't be a bad thing for Nabe to flip over you.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I disagree. I think you're getting some paranoia honestly, Dietz.

Look at the roles town has and tell me why I shouldn't believe Nabe's claim.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
:ohwell:

:ohwell:

:facepalm:

@Nabe: are you actually claiming 4-shot Neighbourize/Vigilante? Did you actually shoot me?

@Dietz: what about my reaction makes me scum? What part of my claim? Ugh.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
@Bardull: So you can only get information from lines that have been tapped by Soup (Line tapper). True/False if allowed to say?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I disagree. I think you're getting some paranoia honestly, Dietz.

Look at the roles town has and tell me why I shouldn't believe Nabe's claim.

I don't really think so.

Think about it, there's scum no kill nights and no shot on RR. Nabe seemed convinced of Kary scum when he brought up his new claim of having a vig shot ability as well, then claimed his shot did not kill Kary. There has to be a reason for that, and I'm not very reassured his shot was genuine. Had it been why wouldn't he have shot RR. He already had everyone he wanted in a neighborhood as shown by the fact he didn't continue adding people, while RR was the best vig target I've seen in a game since I started playing here. Yet he did neither the night of the no kill.

It would seem forced to tack on a vig claim the night no one died... but the night after.

@Kary: If Nabe is telling the truth your scum is self evident. But even if he's lying, there has to be a reason he would go to such lengths to attempt to get you killed in thread rather than at night. It would answer a lot of no-kill questions at the same time.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
RR shot would have had to happen night 3, right?

Night 3 was when you were added to our neighborhood.

I don't understand why we have immunity if there is only 1 kill though.

Either an indy kills that hasn't yet or immunity was just there to stop town kills?

I'm starting to think that scum either just wants to kill on odd nights or they can only kill on odd nights. Don't know which.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I can only receive information from players who have been tapped. I can not specifically state which players are tapped, nor can I explicitly state whether or not I know a player to be tapped.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's an interesting theory, but one immunity does not a game changer make.

It limits scum's options of who to kill more than it would stop a vig shot. There is more evidence in my mind that frowns upon the existence of a vig (line tapping, unique investigative claim, track/watch) than does condone it (KO mechanic). I especially doubt the odd kill theory, that would make scum incredibly weak in a game where their choice per night is limited.

If I were a vig/neighborizer, shooting an extremely suspicious person would be above adding someone who is only guaranteed to live the night and nothing more to a neighborhood. It seems like a waste.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I don't see how there are no kills on even nights. Either there are unaware bullet proofs or scum is just choosing not to kill. :/.

I don't see town or scum as strong at this point. Person that taps lines, person that gets information from said tapped lines, Person who investigates vs Roleblocker and person that can steal the thing needed for information receiver to get his information. Scum kinda hard counters this town assuming Nabe scum.

I actually see what you're saying. Did you hammer J? If so, I'd be more understanding, especially since he'd be wasting a shot on RR who would be getting lynched the next day regardless.

I'm actually really confused now :/. I'm starting to doubt Nabe way more, but at the same time, I just can't believe Kary is town after the way he reacted to my claim.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I did hammer J.

The point of a vig is to clear questionmarks so that town does not have to waste days simply lynching people and nothing more (as we did with RR). By holding his shot he gave scum an extra night to work with after we had to spend the day lynching RR rather than having him already dead. Neighborizing me was the wrong play in that situation.

Kary is likely not town in this situation, though for the record overreacting is normal for Kary based on previous experience in ERB mafia. As I said, there has to be a reason scumNabe would go to such lengths to get a single kill. Either they suspect Kary to be opposed to their faction and difficult to remove at night, or this is the final mislynch they need to win the game.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
"It was the wrong shot"

Town makes wrong shots though. There's also the fact that he told me he had three shots and he asked me who he should bring into the neighborhood, which I responded with you if J flipped scum. Neighborizing you may have been the wrong play, but it was based on what I said, and you know how intelligent I'm not. Trying to use this to incriminate him is kinda crappy :p. Pretty sure this discussion was posted in the QT for you to see as well. :/.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
You still fail to realize the implications here. Why listen to you if he has a better option? Him not shooting RR has far more benefit for scum than town. Even though he was unsure of your alignment there was nothing stopping him from simply saying he wasn't going to neighborize anyone, then shooting RR in secret.

This satisfies too much of my paranoia to be a coincidence not worth discussing. For instance I've been wondering why simply roleblock me rather than kill if they already know I'm a threat to their faction. Having a man on the inside of the neighborhood would make sense, either they were hoping to manipulate me for their benefit or were tied up worrying about some other threat that was taking up their kills knowing I was not yet on the right track. Between Nabe suspicion and Kary this would start to make sense.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@Kary: If Nabe is telling the truth your scum is self evident. But even if he's lying, there has to be a reason he would go to such lengths to attempt to get you killed in thread rather than at night. It would answer a lot of no-kill questions at the same time.
Or that's just what scum Nabe wants you to think :ohwell:

I don't know why Nabe would want to bring it down to me or him today, maybe just to cast suspicion on my slot. I had thought that he didn't want to bus WL, but I'm not sure that stacks up with him going hell for leather in trying to lynch me.

The other thing I want to mention right now is this: I feel as though scum have been trying to draw out the last couple of Days by lurking and not contributing, leaving us to wander into mislynches with no other leads- does that make sense? As if they're taking advantage of a inactive town and just letting us run up towards deadlines with the wrong target in front of us.

Obviously, I'm sold on scum Nabe, and I don't know what prompted the change of strategy today, but with the whole Day being massclaim and me vs. Nabe, that doesn't leave us with much for tomorrow, either. Maybe it was worth taking the shot at swinging my lynch :(

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@Joey: have you been chatting with Ditz like this in the neighbourhood? The sudden activity is a bit of a change.

Something about Bardull's posts still doesn't add up to me, but I keep getting distracted.

Top Bottom