• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tekken Mafia | Now with the real endgame flavour.... Who won?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't feel like your reasoning makes him scum; please explain this for me.

I don't understand the choice of words here; what exactly do we ned to clear our heads about?
The way I see it his slot has been sitting on his own noobiness, just the sort of floating I attempted and failed at in my first game. He's been vocal about proclaiming he's lost and isn't sure of himself, but as far as I can see he hasn't taken any motions to excavate himself from that position. No real stances, no real pushes, just discounting himself.

We would clear our heads of his slot's alignment. Though we won't have to do that anymore since he replaced out, hopefully his replacement will have opinions to speak of.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
VOTE COUNT:

[3] Jdietz43: Pink Lemonade / Nabe / Яagnarock
[3] J: WashedLaundry / adumbrodeus / Kary
[3] adumbrodeus: J / -Masquerain- / Jdietz43
[1] Blazer: Red Ruy
[1] Red Ruy: DtJ Glyphmoney

[0] -Masquerain-
[0] Яagnarock
[0] Dark Horse
[0] DtJ Glyphmoney
[0] Nabe
[0] WashedLaundry
[0] Fynal
[0] Pink Lemonade
[0] Kary

[3] Not Voting: Blazer / Fynal / Dark Horse

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch!
Deadline set for Saturday 30th June, Midnight GMT.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm pretty confident you've been the biggest waste of space in this game so far and this latest hop onto Adum just REEKS of opportunism.
Didn't you say you have a scum read on Adumb? Are you saying you saw merit in what Adumb did when I voted him?

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Eh, that #750 makes me think Glyph town more.

he is more sure of his read and not afraid to push it like he is.

Glyph take your time to respond.

Still working on reread atm.
RR, I need you to outline exactly what in my #750 changed your read from scum lean to town lean on me.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
RR I promise that is the next item on my list of things to get done, but I really need that information from you first. In full detail.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
You really can't see the difference between Kary and Blazer? Not like Blazer and DH or Blazer and Ditz? Blazer and Kary?
You think they are all dumb for jumping on Swiss, except DH,

I see a difference, but I wanna you to tell me why for you what you saw that warranted a different treatment.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
@J: Are you town?
Yup.

Btw, I know how you want me to answer this question in order for it to be a "scum-tell" sooo ;P. I'm just letting you know for future reference.

@Dark Horse:

J; obviously lingering suspicion from earlier and the... safe-ness of his entrance.
J is town. I like the way he's looking down unorthodox avenues, like WL (I think he was the first person to suspect him)
Kary, what are you talking about by "safe-ness" when talking about how I entered my game when DH even said that my entrance was semi-unorthodox because I was looking at different avenues. I entered the game by starting an entirely new wagon and also bringing new things to light that others hadn't even considered yet. I can understand the lingering suspicion and tunnel-vision you have somewhat developed on Swiss but saying that my entrance is safe, is something that is just not true so can you explain where you are getting this?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Ditzy said:
I dislike that he twisted FF's intentions to weakly incriminate Swiss here while discrediting his own input. FF did not have a particular opinion on any matter iirc, and him dying first seems to me like a self fulfilling prophecy.
If you feel this, then what is your opinion on Fynal?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
No real opinion on Fynal right now, I didn't really notice his presence for the most part lately. Would have to re-read early game to get one again. Do you have cause for me to be troubled by him?

@Glyph, please address this when you next post:

Glyph: Are both of these statements true, do you claim to have a legitimate town read on me and do you feel positively about a Swiss (now J) push. What of your DH and Soup reads?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Ditzy said:
Fynal has been literally non-existant and then when he came into the game, he tried to make a reaching case on FF based on the feeling that he thought FF was scummy for his very first intro post and then he kind of continued to sit on the issue of FF but not do anything else.
Here you go, Ditzy.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
responding to prod

i've been sick for the last few days, was better yesterday but rather important freshman schedule crap came up.

reading now

O GOD 502 BAD GATEWAY NOT AGAIN

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
glyph vs RR reads like TvT. I don't particularly agree with glyph's method, because (at least in my personal experience) it bothers everyone, town and scum alike, when they're called scum like that. At the same time, I think it was a towny move from glyph, because it involved posting blatant lack of content D1 which is dangerous as scum.

adumb's logic is so bad i don't even know what to think.

I like J. His reads and explanations look honest.

I don't get the WL hate.

Kary has totally changed between D1 (very open, lots of long posts with reads and explanations) to D2 (very closed, throws out a scumswiss read at the start and the more recent pool of 5 scumreads without any explanation). I don't know what to think about this, it almost strikes me as some kind of cult/scum recruit but that seems awfully unlikely

For all of those of you wondering, my push on Swiss was weak as piss intentionally to see how things would go both from him and from bystanders. I figured if I was going to be gone forever I might as well create controversy to make reads from. Make no mistake that I was sincere in suspicion that he could still be scum, but the lack of vote and only light hinting of a case was intentional.
are you trying to make me sick again or is it unintentional?

i hate this excuse so very very much. you're saying you made a "weak as piss" post to get reactions? to create controversy? those things only happen when you make a daring, unexpected, and STRONG post.

you know what i see here? scumDietz has IRL stuff for a few days, so he drops a suggestion that someone might be scum in order that some other person could pick up on it and take the charge (and also the flack if things go wrong).

Then, in this terrible excuse post, he even says "Make no mistake that I was sincere in suspicion that he could still be scum"

what the **** does that even mean? you had a "sincere suspicion" but didn't actually want to push it? all i see here is staying safe and keeping options (scumSwiss or townSwiss) open.

vote: Jdietz

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
glyph you should vote dietz with me. IIRC you talked about how RR was trying to get someone else to lead the charge so he wouldn't be taking a risk? that was one of the more convincing parts of your argument, and dietz is doing it worse than RR as far as i can tell

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Fynal, why no comment on the Adumb wagon? Or anything about Adumb in general?

Also why are you trying to throw cultist/recruitment WIFOM around Kary's slot?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I mean you commented on Adumb, but it was really minimalistic and cookie-cutter to what everyone else has said and you didn't really give an opinion to his alignment.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
Fynal, why no comment on the Adumb wagon? Or anything about Adumb in general?

Also why are you trying to throw cultist/recruitment WIFOM around Kary's slot?
1) sorry, thats what i'm reading right now. I skipped adumb the first time around because nothing he was saying made any sense

2) huh? I was trying to point out that it was really different, because i didn't remember seeing anyone say as much

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
So you don't think Kary was scum D1, but you think he could have been cult'd/recruited N1 and that's why his play is so different toDay?

Can you also talk to me about how Ditzy could simply just be dummy town?

One final thing, did you intentionally even up the wagons to 4 votes or did you do this unintentionally?

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
So you don't think Kary was scum D1, but you think he could have been cult'd/recruited N1 and that's why his play is so different toDay?

Can you also talk to me about how Ditzy could simply just be dummy town?

One final thing, did you intentionally even up the wagons to 4 votes or did you do this unintentionally?
1) I guess its possible. I had a town read on him D1, but his play today is pretty scummy.

2) thats what I assumed at first, especially after my experience in that minigame, but the thing i voted him for is just something else.

3) lol no, I did check the votecount but only to make sure i wasn't L-1ing him or anything

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Well that's too bad then.

Answer my questions.
I tried to be nice about it, but here's the facts. You say you have a town read on me. I have a giga-scum read on you. You're in no position to ask for anything, much less to withhold information from a town read.

No real opinion on Fynal right now, I didn't really notice his presence for the most part lately. Would have to re-read early game to get one again. Do you have cause for me to be troubled by him?

@Glyph, please address this when you next post:
I did have a legit town read on you from my first read through. A lot of 'he's not scum, just still new to mafia'. But as of recent that line is getting blurred a lot and I'm not entirely sure I'd be upset seeing you go right now. As for swiss, I hate seeing wagons dropped because a player replaced out, regardless of whether or not I agree with them.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Fynal there are other lynch targets I'd be willing to pursue, but not until I'm satisfied with the RR situation.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ah yes, Fynal's random push on FF and then silence D1. I remember now, based on that and his new push he can go eventually. Glazing over Adumb and becoming hung up on me after claiming a town read for me D1 is grimy.

Fynal, you know I pretty much told people what I was doing when I left right? This sort of thing was what I was hoping for to keep me in the game while away. Strong posts are not the only type of reactionary ploy that exist in mafia, you can throw underhand to see who jumps too.

V/LA until Monday for my cousin's wedding

Food for thought and discussion before I go...

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
/officially announce v/la

my internet has been disrupted and my modem is fried its gonna be until at least friday before i get a technician out and and even then it might not be up then sorry for not posting earlier and having this sentence be horribly grammared

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I tried to be nice about it, but here's the facts. You say you have a town read on me. I have a giga-scum read on you. You're in no position to ask for anything, much less to withhold information from a town read.
This can change depending how you approach this, I viewed you as more town, but I have no interest and will not address anything you ask til you address that last post and the questions I asked you.

If you are town, there is no reason you should be holding this up.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Advanced V/LA warning of July 2nd - July 5th

Driving cross-country to Colorado those days.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh just an FYI as a friendly reminder. We only have like less than 2 days to acquire a lynch and the wagons are looking like Adumb and Ditzy with L-4 and that's still a lot of votes to accumulate on either wagon.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Vote: Adum

Got a lot of 502's yesterday so still catching up. Think this is the way to go, though. Feel like Ditzy is dumb>scum and i'm probably just paranoid about J. Should be back to explain this later :)

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
This can change depending how you approach this, I viewed you as more town, but I have no interest and will not address anything you ask til you address that last post and the questions I asked you.

If you are town, there is no reason you should be holding this up.
No reason? How about the giant scum read I have on you? Don't start this game RR.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Glyph, which side you leaning on, Adumb or Ditzy? To be fully honest, I don't see RR getting lynched toDay in this time-frame but I appreciate the pressure in his direction.

I want some in PL's way myself but they need to get here in order for anything to really go anywhere.

:phone:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Ok, finished a re-read but don't have time to quote stuff etc.

I'm still looking at Ditzy and J, but I'm ok with them for the time being.

Ditzy seems to genuinely believe things like the points he made against Blazer, and so even though I think his reasoning is pants and he's not really immersed himself in the game, he's probably town. People have been saying that he's trying to make excuses for his play but I read that more as him trying to explain himself, and I feel like he might be being scapegoated.

J I read with some worry because the way that he entered with stuff like the 'let's be friends' I took as null and couldn't see why he was doing it. I also suspected he might be walling to seem town, as I read his reads as vanilla/safe. In retrospect that was because his views more or less mirrored mine, and it seems ridiculous to have him because of our thought processes being alike. He certainly seems pro-town in his questions so I'm ok with him for now.

I definitely think Adum needs to go before either of these. Ideally I'd like him to post some sort of response but his play so far has been really weak and I've not seen any real attempt to explain his reads etc. On top of this his interactions with other players always seem to leave him looking worse off.

Still looking at WL and RR but don't think I've seen enough to make up my mind. Fynal is on my radar after that Dietz vote, probably need to re-read him. I think this answers any questions people had for me, if not please point me to them.

a'ight, ciao

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
so Adumb is saying that J is scum because he knows J's meta, and meta is the only thing you can judge off of, and J should know this because...... ... ..... adumb died N1 as scum when he tried to use only meta to appear towny in the day phase?

I'm just totally confused by this. Its such a bad argument that it makes me wonder if a player experienced enough to be called a power player with kuz/swiss would actually make it as scum

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
this is stupid. i got into the safe player2gud wifom crap the first time i played with swiss

adumb can go. I still want ditz but i'll vote adumb when the deadline is closer

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Kary, question, have you ever played with townJ before besides the game I just hydra'd with you before?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
So I've been completely absent from this site for the past couple of days. Lemme get my game restarted and then I'll come back for this.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh Fynal, it wasn't my scum-meta he is talking about. He is talking about Swiss' scum-meta. Then he says I am scum because I should know his meta which I don't. It has nothing to do with my play apparantly haha.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Kary, question, have you ever played with townJ before besides the game I just hydra'd with you before?
? seems like a strange question

No, I've not played with Town J outside of when you replaced/hydra'd with me in ERB.
I've read Newbie 16 (Homestuck Trolls) and Celebrity Rehab though, both of which you were town in.

Why do you ask?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm more just curious because this I the first game you have difference in reading me this game and it's something that is different because of how the cards have been dealt.

Every game has a first haha.

Top Bottom