• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teh Bike

BentoBox

Smash Master
What do you do with teh bike? Aside from recovering, obviously.

-I spawn a bike in the middle of the stage, and then camp behind it against low projectile users (sheik, diddy and the like)

-I spawn a bike, grab my opponent right next to it if the opportunity arises, u-throw and throw the bike after him~ It's quite tough to airdodge, and if they attempt to retaliate on their way down, the bike's got yo back

-I break the bike and form walls with the tires; I'll grab one, d-throw it so as to make it less likely that my opponent will take control of it, grab the second one and chuck it at him. Or I'll grab a wheel, corner my opponent next to the ledge and d-throw the wheel right behind me to make sure he won't run away, and proceed to ****

-Glidetoss to DACUS

-I try to edgeguard my opponents by throwing the whole bike at them, but my aiming/timing's not really good yet (there are like 3 different arcs?)

-I chase my opponent off-stage and reverse bike their ***. Sometimes they'll try to attack you as they see you approaching and if you whip out your bike at the right time, it'll absorb the hit for you, you can hence effectively use it as a means of intimidation

-I stall in the air with it :D Why limit yourself to double jumping all dai when you can reach the stars with yo bike?

The bike is amazing. Not enough people use it.
What do you do with teh bike?

YagamiDark

Smash Journeyman
If it's out and lying around, I'll throw it
Sometimes I throw it as an edgeguard
break it for tires
help with diminshing returns
Use it to combo sometimes
suck up projectiles

Thunderfoot

Smash Cadet
I throw the bike into the air then throw the opponent into the bike then chase with an up air if they bounce off.

I leave the bike in the middle of the action and hope the opponent accidentally picks it.

I teach children not to play in the streets by running them over with the bike.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
i like to get flashy and bike into an upair for the kill.. lol

if bike is out and they are close (depending on charcter about marth's fsmash spacing away than their largest range'd move. i pick it up and throw it up then shield grab and throw them up, ive also seen people throw it up and wait for it to hit then they get relised and u can fsmash them after. w/e u want damage or kill

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
I like jumping off and when I'm high in the air, using it as a sort of short-range improvised projectile.

It doesn't work very well.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Wario is the only character who can press taunt in the air and have it do something.
So, that's an obvious choice.

Fun fact: bike taunting increases the size of the bike hit box. You are SAFER while bike taunting.

Gichan

Smash Champion
omg, gonna be taunting from now on teh bike.

My uses are practically throw up and throw bike. Get tires, leave bike in the middle of the stage and hope they pick it up by accident, or hope the bike does enlarge hitboxes and fart on them with the bike there.

Yes Bento, I think Wario users are now seeing how good the bike really is. And Dyno, bike to uair is toooo good! and is your avatar a ninja from ninjatown??

TiresAreForCars

Smash Rookie
Im not sure if this is known, but i was just fooling around today and I decided to see if i can find anything usefull w/ bike tires. So I did this.I break the bike and pick up the BIG TIRE. I jump directly over my opponent(short hop), click down on the c stick(throws the tire down) and IMMIDIATLY CLICK A. This allows you to not only regain the tire but get a free nair off. Im not sure if you always get the nair though. Also it seems it works w/ fair to. Just click side on the c stick instead of a. Just thought i'd post this =D

EDIT: i just thought that maybe if this works, a down tire through to waft? It'd be awesome if it would work.

Im not sure if this is known, but i was just fooling around today and I decided to see if i can find anything usefull w/ bike tires. So I did this.I break the bike and pick up the BIG TIRE. I jump directly over my opponent(short hop), click down on the c stick(throws the tire down) and IMMIDIATLY CLICK A. This allows you to not only regain the tire but get a free nair off. Im not sure if you always get the nair though. Also it seems it works w/ fair to. Just click side on the c stick instead of a. Just thought i'd post this =D
Ummm, pretty sure Fiction already discovered something like this. he already explained it in the tricks thread. I don't know quite how to link to a thread yet, so you can find it in the Directory thread under Fiction's Tricks thread.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Teh Bike is fun for mindgames. Charge them at full speed, but jump off immediately before impact (Since they'll likely be shielding) then get a free Dair. Crazy, but it works.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I really like the Bike Spike it's really hummiliating and is very effective against characters with worse vertical-diagonal recovery.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
i like to get flashy and bike into an upair for the kill.. lol

if bike is out and they are close (depending on charcter about marth's fsmash spacing away than their largest range'd move. i pick it up and throw it up then shield grab and throw them up, ive also seen people throw it up and wait for it to hit then they get relised and u can fsmash them after. w/e u want damage or kill
same here,lawl.
Run them over for ****s and giggles.
well said.

If I am versing a jigglypuff I use the bike as a guard against Rollout.
Rollout hits the bike most of the time and I just keep on riding dirty (lolwut)

:094:

Gichan

Smash Champion
Good question. I looked at the frame data thread and found that it only tells of the frames it will hit on (which is 20 and onwards) but it doesn't say how fast it comes out. Unless that is what it is meaning, the bike comes out in twenty frames and hits from then.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Its amazing running over others 3 times in a row without getting off your bike in a tounry match

Top Bottom