• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teams... without Friendly Fire?

Fletch

Smash Master
I was wondering how 2v2 would be different if it was normally played without Friendly Fire. Would teams like Falco/Falco be way too overpowered? Anyone have any experience with this?

raak

Smash Rookie
It would be broken... trust me. I once fought a team battle against a Falco and a Samus. When Falco decided to spam his B, Samus would charge and fire his beam or fire a missile. Needless to said, not always Falco allowed you to dodge successfully.

Geist

Smash Master
It would be broken... trust me. I once fought a team battle against a Falco and a Samus. When Falco decided to spam his B, Samus would charge and fire his beam or fire a missile. Needless to said, not always Falco allowed you to dodge successfully.
Woah, there's still people who think Samus is a guy?
>_>

Sanu

Smash Champion
^

Most likely talking about the player himself... lol.

raak

Smash Rookie
^That. I know Samus is a woman, and even if I was referring to Samus herself, then I would respond with "my english is bad" or "it was brainless typing" or "a wizard did it"

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Teams without friendly fire....

Every falco/samus player's dream and every Jigglypuff player's nightmare.

But seriously, it's much better/tactical with friendly fire on. With it off, it would pretty much be like an Ice climbers ditto (except the IC's have SHL), and as we all know ice climbers dittos aren't fun, and SHL is bad enough when it's one falco. If friendly fire was off, the entire metagame of teams would be based around projectile spamming and splitting your opponents up so you can set up broken 2v1 approaches.

Now, with friendly fire on, you can still combo with and support your partner, but you need to do it in a much more controlled way. Also, you can uair your partner to help them recover. That's always nice.

I played against two really bad, non-tech players once a 1v2 match with friendly fire off. I 4 stocked them both in singles, I three stocked them both in 1v2 with friendly fire on, then I turned it off and I lost. If both opponents have projectiles, you will not be able to grab or do any move with any kind of lag (eg: Marth's Fsmash) without getting hit.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Superman 64 is under-rated. I've played it and it isn't THAT BAD of a game. There's easily way worse games then it, no doubt.

On topic: SHL spamming falcos is too good

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
I own superman 64. It's pretty much so bad it's unplayable. I'm sorry, if you think it wasn't horrible you are weird. Seriously, putting you in the middle of fog and saying "stop the car, you have 10 seconds" when you have no clue where it is, really bad fighting/flying mechanics, very limited use of powers, and that really dumb thing where you protect the guy through the looping subway where you protect him from the enemies BY FREEZING HIM SOLID with your ice breath... Yeah, I don't even want to talk about getting frustrated at the part where the solution to opening a door was punching a random panel, I didn't even realize that that door opened, I just thought it was on of those "always closed" doors. Why does superman need to fly through all those rings anyway?

Darkman.exe213

Smash Apprentice
I would think that teams without friendly fire would turn out something like this. Granted, that's against a CPU, but it shouldn't be to hard to change those combos up a bit to make it work against human players.

falcofox121SHL

Smash Cadet
darkman that video would be exactly what it would be like

just to much pownage
and yes i think teams without friendly fire is cheap
falco spaming lasers, falcon throwing knees around
hahaa
no strategy

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Well, I hate fighting ice climbers in general... I like playing as them, but I always get so disoriented when in a ditto, especially when you get into weird situations like, each of your nana's has grabed the other person's popo. IC's can't do any of their fancy grab stuff against another IC's. Usually it degenerates to wavedash to downsmash repeatedly in my experience.

But then again, an IC ditto between people who know what they're doing... I've never seen/experienced that lol.

Top Bottom