• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team, Unite Up! Wonder Red for Smash Switch

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Seeing as we know that every DLC character (apparently including Piranha Plant) is going to come with a stage, I hope that Wonder Red is one of them. With ARMS and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 no longer options, I can't imagine we'd get any franchises that started on the Switch, and as far as the Wii U is concerned, the biggest new Nintendo franchises that I can think of are Splatoon and the Wonderful 101. (and Xenoblade Chronicles X - not a new franchise, but each game has a wildly different cast/setting)

Last edited:

coolcat12347

Smash Journeyman
I had an idea for a moveset incorporating the teamwork aspect of w101, andby that I mean for specials the other main wonderful ones pop in to use their weapons.

coolcat12347

Smash Journeyman
68FF4A7C-D2D9-4990-884E-31071C64113A.jpeg

Bad quality, but I think I found Red’s spirit.

Don’t let this get you down! Spirits aren’t deconfirmation!

So let’s unite up and hope the unitesmash movement was loud enough!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 175359
Bad quality, but I think I found Red’s spirit.

Don’t let this get you down! Spirits aren’t deconfirmation!

So let’s unite up and hope the unitesmash movement was loud enough!
I'm just glad TW101 is still getting representation(specially since my other most wanted series are 3rd Parties with no chance of appearing). Probably all the main Wonderful Ones will be Spirits but I hope we get the antagonists, I need me a Vorkken spirit.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Remember people, now is a good time to be vocal about your characters. Including our guy.

Also to chime in on earlier topic, How did we not get Mii fighter costumes for the Wonderful 100. They don't need to be based on the actual characters but a Wonderful jacket and mask works way too well for all 3 Mii fighters.

D

Deleted member

The Direct didn't show all Mii Costumes, just some of them. Footage of the Japanese stream confirmed a Saki Mii Costume so there's still a chance for Wonder Masks

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Remember people, now is a good time to be vocal about your characters. Including our guy.

Also to chime in on earlier topic, How did we not get Mii fighter costumes for the Wonderful 100. They don't need to be based on the actual characters but a Wonderful jacket and mask works way too well for all 3 Mii fighters.
Sidenote....could you make one for Isaac? He could really use the help...

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Sidenote....could you make one for Isaac? He could really use the help...
I'm in the camp that doesn't think ATs will be promoted. Which is why I'm not making any at this time for deconfirmed characters.

The templates readily available. But I suppose anyone can make whatever they want though.

Chad K Rule

Smash Cadet
I fully agree for Wonder red to be DLC. Spread the word guys! The game is amazing, the musics amazing, lets get sakurai on this everyone!

D

Deleted member

Simce we know TW101 Spirits exist, I made some Spirit Battle concepts:
Wonder-Red: Multi-Man Smash against 101 red Captain Falcons on Big Blue. First action after spawning is Down Taunt.
Wonder-Blue: 1v1 against Chrom(or really any other blue swordsman, we got plenty of those) on Fountain of Dreams. Opponent drops items as soon as they pick them up.
Wonder-Green: vs King K. Rool on Prism Tower. High food spawn.
Wonder-Pink: vs Simon/Richter(whoever has a pink outfit) on Saffron City. Rage effect multiplied.
Wonder-White: vs Wolf on Gaur Plain. Metal Face must also be defeated.
Wonder-Black: vs Bayonetta and a Bomberman Assist on Gamer. Both must be defeated.

Only the Gaur Plain stage isn't a reference but I wonder if anyone remembers what they are :p

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
Would 250% support Wonder Red in Smash.

I think Red would make an amazing fighter, but even if we got a Wonderful 101 assist trophy down the line that'd be amazing too.

D

Deleted member

I really hope TW101 gets a Switch port because that game got hurt so badly by being released on the Wii U. Would it be a big hit? Definitely no, but it could certainly stand up with games like Xenoblade if it had the proper platform to sell on.

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
I’m holding out for a Switch port and a DLC reveal to happen simultaneously. Wonder Red is my most wanted fighter.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...his_characters_youd_like_to_see_in_smash_bros
https://gonintendo.com/stories/3250...kamiya-tweets-out-poll-asking-which-of-his-ch

Heads up, while this may not affect anything, Kamiya asks about which of his characters people would like to see the most in Smash.

I could never choose between Joe and Wonder Red though, so this kinda hurts me.
I'm pretty sure I was blocked by Hideki Kamiya simply for responding to that tweet. (nothing negative; I just said who I voted for and that any of them would be great) Not sure why he wouldn't want people responding in English if he wrote the tweet and the poll options in Japanese and English.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure I was blocked by Hideki Kamiya simply for responding to that tweet. (nothing negative; I just said who I voted for and that any of them would be great) Not sure why he wouldn't want people responding in English if he wrote the tweet and the poll options in Japanese and English.
Kamiya is a weird and eccentric man. Bit of a non-conformist, if you will.

Regardless, it seems Dante won the poll. Ammy did get second though.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Sign me up. I loved The Wonderful 101, I got it for free when Club Nintendo ended and I had an amazing time.

I don't appreciate the people calling Wonder Red "a ripoff of Viewtiful Joe" when most of the W101 cast is callbacks to previous PlatinumGames titles anyway. Wonder Blue uses a sword like Dante, Wonder Pink's hair looks like Bayonetta's, etc. More people need to play the game and I'd love a Switch port with the gimmicky GamePad segments reworked or taken out.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Sign me up. I loved The Wonderful 101, I got it for free when Club Nintendo ended and I had an amazing time.

I don't appreciate the people calling Wonder Red "a ripoff of Viewtiful Joe" when most of the W101 cast is callbacks to previous PlatinumGames titles anyway. Wonder Blue uses a sword like Dante, Wonder Pink's hair looks like Bayonetta's, etc. More people need to play the game and I'd love a Switch port with the gimmicky GamePad segments reworked or taken out.
People who assume that the creators of their previous work are ripping off said previous work have no idea how homages or spiritual successors work.

Not that most young people can even tell the difference these days...

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Here's an idea for Wonder Red's moveset:

Inklings have a unique input with Shield + B, right? Well what if Wonder Red can use Shield + B to use Unite Guts? It would last for 5 seconds, and can be either canceled out of or used for the full time, but would be on cooldown if fully used. But here's the thing: in Team Battles, Unite Guts can be used as leverage for teammates, but overall, Unite Guts is a sort of state: strike Wonder Red while in Unite Guts, it will reflect projectiles or the knockback of any physical attacks that land on it while in this state. All damage taken while in Guts will be nullified.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here's an idea for Wonder Red's moveset:

Inklings have a unique input with Shield + B, right? Well what if Wonder Red can use Shield + B to use Unite Guts? It would last for 5 seconds, and can be either canceled out of or used for the full time, but would be on cooldown if fully used. But here's the thing: in Team Battles, Unite Guts can be used as leverage for teammates, but overall, Unite Guts is a sort of state: strike Wonder Red while in Unite Guts, it will reflect projectiles or the knockback of any physical attacks that land on it while in this state. All damage taken while in Guts will be nullified.
Unite Guts would work better as a Counter/Reflector Down B. Inklings are the only characters with Shield+B because they needed a way to recharge their ink, there's no need to put extra commands in characters that don't need them.

WonderSmash

Smash Apprentice
Man, I've really been asleep at the wheel. Wonder Red is my most wanted fighter. Holding out hope that this game isn't tragically forgotten

CboyC95

Smash Apprentice
If he's going to be a playable character, then I want to see Wonder Pink be a fighter too.

Top Bottom