• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team, Unite Up! Wonder Red for Smash Switch

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wonder Red could be like Olimar and get in after appearing as a Trophy. Given the time frame, he and Elma are the only real new characters of that time frame that could work.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Wonder Red could be like Olimar and get in after appearing as a Trophy. Given the time frame, he and Elma are the only real new characters of that time frame that could work.
Interesting thought, but I don't think characters are solely going to be chosen based on the frame of Smash Ultimate's development. Wonder Red with people following him around like Pikmin would be hilarious.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Interesting thought, but I don't think characters are solely going to be chosen based on the frame of Smash Ultimate's development. Wonder Red with people following him around like Pikmin would be hilarious.
Yeah, I think it will mostly be ballot this time but Red does have the timing and possibly the ballot on his side too.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
Imhoping for a playable Wonder Red, but I'll be happy with even a stage or an AT, just let Nintendo acknowledge this game in smash.

NNID
Majorasmask66
I think Wonder Red could definitely get in to represnt the wii u era as if that is what they go for I can see him as a good pick.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Made a supporters list for Wonder Red. A Distant Demon A Distant Demon can do whatever he likes with it.
  1. Planet Zeb(es)~
  2. Kirbeh
  3. Deathlightning21
  4. Cutie Gwen
  5. Jason the Yoshi
  6. 8-peacock-8
  7. FunAtParties
  8. Schnee117
  9. WhiteEaglePL
  10. fogbadge
  11. NonSpecificGuy
  12. Blue_Sword_Edge
  13. Swamp Sensei
  14. Tempah Relapse
  15. Megadoomer
  16. jamesster445
  17. Shishœ
  18. Darkraid
  19. TheSqushiestManatee
  20. Drclaw411
  21. Morbi
  22. MrReyes96
  23. Staarih
  24. smashkirby
  25. MrRoidley
  26. MrsRainbowRambo
  27. Guybrush20X6
  28. Hot_N_Tasty

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Wonder Red would make a fun addition. Integrating his unite mechanics should make for a very unusual fighter.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Updated Support List.
  1. Planet Zeb(es)~
  2. Kirbeh
  3. Deathlightning21
  4. Cutie Gwen
  5. Jason the Yoshi
  6. 8-peacock-8
  7. FunAtParties
  8. Schnee117
  9. WhiteEaglePL
  10. fogbadge
  11. NonSpecificGuy
  12. Blue_Sword_Edge
  13. Swamp Sensei
  14. Tempah Relapse
  15. Megadoomer
  16. jamesster445
  17. Shishœ
  18. Darkraid
  19. TheSqushiestManatee
  20. Drclaw411
  21. Morbi
  22. MrReyes96
  23. Staarih
  24. smashkirby
  25. MrRoidley
  26. MrsRainbowRambo
  27. Guybrush20X6
  28. Hot_N_Tasty
  29. SEGAGameBoy
  30. MackDaddyNook

D

Deleted member

I'm surprised that this wasn't brought up(ok this thread is dead but still), but if Red made it in, I wonder if we could then see Prince Vorkken as an Echo of his
unnamed (2).gif

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I'm surprised that this wasn't brought up(ok this thread is dead but still), but if Red made it in, I wonder if we could then see Prince Vorkken as an Echo of his
View attachment 159325
YES!

Also I support my favorite character from the Wii U. I want to be able to play Wonderful 101 on my Switch and have him in Smash, however unlikely.

Also, can we get this place hopping again? That would be nice if that could happen.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
It could happen but I think if they wanted for a more centralized moveset. They could just have Vorkken and the other Wonderful ones as Alta similar to Bowser Jr and the Koopa Kids.

LunarLiv

Smash Apprentice
Even if he's unlikely, I'd still love Wonder Red in Smash. He was my #1 in the ballot and I'd even be happy if he was put in as an assist trophy. Also I'd love them to put Tables Turn in as BGM because that's legit my favourite track in the game, I love it!

I'd just love the Wii U to get another rep, even though that console didn't go great, at least it had some wonderful games!

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
It could happen but I think if they wanted for a more centralized moveset. They could just have Vorkken and the other Wonderful ones as Alta similar to Bowser Jr and the Koopa Kids.
I'm not so sure about that. The other main Wonderful Ones possess different weapons, basic attacks, and attributes then Red. The Koopalings work because they could easily be replaced by BJ and each other. Same with Alph and Olimar. But this is not the case with The Wonderful Ones. And while Vorkken could work as a skin, he would be better served as an echo to accommodate his boomerang.

D

Deleted member

One thing I always questioned is what would be the best direction to go with his moveset: do you make it solely focused on Unite-Hand and its abilities or do you work with all Unite-Morphs?
And while I would like skins for the other Wonder Ones, most of them have different body types. My bet would be colors to reference them(Default, Blue, Green, Pink, Yellow, White and Black). With Echoes being a thing, Vorkken would be a very easy one, he uses the same Unite-Morphs in his fight and has the same body type as Red, not seeing the Boomerang implemented woupd be a reap shame but, I mean, I would be satisfied with just Red so anything more than him woupd be a bonus.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Oh man I want Wonder Red in smash I support him also was in the smash ballot.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
So I made a moveset for the Wonderful 101. But It's more of an amalgamation design similar to what Ness and Lucas have. Let me know what you think?

I have a theory.

Super Smash Bros 64 featured a lot of characters that originated from the SNES era of games. This includes the likes of Ness and Captain Falcon.
Melee featured a lot of iconography from the N64 era. The Ocarina of Time versions of Link, Zelda and Ganondorf.
For WiiU/3DS featured iconography from the Wii era. Such as Rosalina, and Little Mac.
(I should do a full timeline of this)

My point is that a Smash game always seems to borrow it’s characters and iconography from the previous console generation. And as such a lot of Wii U era characters will be part of this roster. Sakurai even soft confirms this by admitting that his project plan was completed in 2015. So now you may be thinking. “The WiiU was a commercial failure. What characters could they pull from that era?” I don’t know about you, but I could name 100.

coolcat12347

Smash Journeyman
Hi!
I’m mostly active in the Geno thread, but I think W101 was criminally underrated, and that red should be in.

I wish you guys luck!

Last edited:

Machete

Smash Ace
So I made a moveset for the Wonderful 101. But It's more of an amalgamation design similar to what Ness and Lucas have. Let me know what you think?
Man it really, really, really sucks Wonder Red won't happen, because this right here would be incredible. What a great game.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Man it really, really, really sucks Wonder Red won't happen, because this right here would be incredible. What a great game.
Hey, we just need to be more vocal. That way, if this game gets DLC, we'll get our chance then.

Machete

Smash Ace
Hey, we just need to be more vocal. That way, if this game gets DLC, we'll get our chance then.

If my main man Wonder-Beer appears in the background of his Final Smash, that'd just be the cherry on top.

Wonderful 101 just has so much stuff that would be fantastic in Smash. Bosses, music, stage, incredibly awesome character (and even potential echo). Maybe, just maybe, the game gets a Switch port and makes him a possibility.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Dropped in to say I support Wonder Red in Smash Bros. He might not make base, but DLC looks like a good bet.

Also get us a W102 already!

Machete

Smash Ace
Do you think that if wonderful 101 gets ported, we could see red as dlc?
Yes. That is, in fact, his best chance, I believe. If they port the game at all after it bombed so horribly it shows Nintendo trusts the game, which means they could reasonably want to advertise it through DLC.

D

Deleted member

Iirc, Red did well enough to show up in those fanpolls but I doubt he was anywhere near the top of the actual ballot. I still think and hope he did well enough for Sakurai to promote him into an Assist

coolcat12347

Smash Journeyman
Iirc, Red did well enough to show up in those fanpolls but I doubt he was anywhere near the top of the actual ballot. I still think and hope he did well enough for Sakurai to promote him into an Assist
Watch as they announce something w101 tomorrow and show him during the next AT section

D

Deleted member

Watch as they announce something w101 tomorrow and show him during the next AT section
I really wouldn't mind it. Red's chances are really low but an AT would at least help others see what he could potentially do as a fighter and hopefully give him a boost once DLC starts rolling

coolcat12347

Smash Journeyman
Heck, I’d settle for a mii costume.
That’s how desperate I am to keep the w101 representation in.
(If they could throw in some music too I’d be good)

D

Deleted member

Heck, I’d settle for a mii costume.
That’s how desperate I am to keep the w101 representation in.
(If they could throw in some music too I’d be good)
Still incredibly disappointed we didn't get a Wonder-Mask, it would have been perfect!

coolcat12347

Smash Journeyman
But the more I think about it, he could be our really out there/obscure fighter?

The underrated of the two Wii U games if represented in smash

D

Deleted member

I could see him happening if Sakurai saw potential in him. Remember that Awakening was basically the most recent game to get a fighter last game(Greninja had a spot reserved for him already), one month later and we wouldn't have gotten Robin. TW101 was released much later so it didn't even have a chance with Smash 4.

D

Deleted member

Reminder that if Red were to get in, his Final Smash would just be this wholr scene because you literally can't cut anything from this perfection of a finale and do it justice.

Top Bottom