• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Taubsi / North half of WI thread.

"Gay"

Smash Rookie
hey guys.... uhm
under much deliberation, i guess this is my new tag...

"Gay"

Smash Rookie
im pretty sure everyone that needs to know already do... but for the heck of it

its marth

Xtra

Smash Ace
i would assume its the marth on team taubsi. and i never really got an explanation on what taubsi "defines" spikes made me watch that awesome pokemon video and like i said

that taubsi video was the sheezy. i think thats my new fav. band. i coudln't here any audio tho cuz this is a laptop and i dont know how to turn the volume up. but i can see how that "better defines the direction that wisc. mediocre smash players are headed" totally.
i guess no one noted my sarcasm.
i always knew marth was gay.....in the game and on the boards.....j/k.....but not really tho......

DankeKong

Smash Cadet
Smash at Xtra's today? Okay, I'm in! See y'all at noon'ish!

EDIT: Well I guess you guys aren't coming until tomorrow!

So I'll see you then!

Xtra

Smash Ace
yeah dude give me a call. im kinda f*cked up right now but whatev. how can u either be in appleton or st. paul. is st. paul where u going to go to school? that sucks

James Sparrow

Smash Master
HEY EVERYBODY

first of all, Xtra, i think steve and i are coming today. idk about chansen, and ethan "Gay" grier can't make it.

second of all, on thursday from 12-6 we're having a fest at chimeras for anybody who wants to play with lonejedi or puffinator. who knows maybe a small scale tourny too if there are at least 8 people.

Puffinator

Smash Ace
FONDY COME
FONDY COME
FONDY COME
FONDY COME
FONDY COME

ANYBODY ELSE WHO WANTS TO PLAY THE PUFFINAATORRRR COMEEEEE!!! PLZ!!!!!

and lone i guess

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
and lone i guess
Lonejedi jokes are welcome, as long as they are clean. I'd like to get some vids, so I can see how I and Puff are progressing, it kinda gets tiring when me and vino play each other everyday. Hopefully Fondy, and some others can come.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
omg ROFL. puff's having a seziure or however you spell that...
Yah he tends to have those all the time, JS, make sure you get there at 12 with a TV, and make sure you get Steve to go, Spybloom might come, and Black Hayate and Toecutter as well. As long as you and chansen, and spikes I'll be happy. See you in 40 mins.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
Yah he tends to have those all the time, JS, make sure you get there at 12 with a TV, and make sure you get Steve to go, Spybloom might come, and Black Hayate and Toecutter as well. As long as you and chansen, and spikes I'll be happy. See you in 40 mins.
Actually, I can't go. :( Don't know about Black Hayate, though.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Just got back from the fest, it was great, and we had a small tournament for a prize of 5 bucks.

1.Spikes
2.Black Hayate
3.Lonejedi
4.JS
5.Kevin
6.Puff
7.Airy
7.Ethan

They were about to do a teams, but I had to head out.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
i'll make a results thread with links to the vids soon.

there are 22 games that i'm putting up

2 from "Gay" and Eighteen Spikes
2 from me and Kevin
3 from me and Black Hayate
9 from Eighteen Spikes and Black Hayate
3 from me and Lone Jedi
3 from Lone Jedi and Black Hayate

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
The matches of me vs black hayate were crazy and really close :) seemed like the "finals" we had didn't really do the matches justice. There seemed to be a lot of upsets at this... mainly lone jedi actually beating people. Well, I got $6, for a $2 profit. Yeeeeeeuh!

can't wait to see the vids

Xtra

Smash Ace
i hate sheik. technically you would have never won a game against me in the tourny if you followed the rule i made of 'no sheik'.
well u know lone jedi doesn't main sheik right? so u got beat by his secondary even. ouch. did hey every play falco btw? and if he did....how much did he lose by? spikes get those matches up

James Sparrow

Smash Master
well u know lone jedi doesn't main sheik right? so u got beat by his secondary even. ouch. did hey every play falco btw? and if he did....how much did he lose by? spikes get those matches up
actually funny story: he did play falco once, and it was against me in our match, the second game after he beat me with sheik. i almost 4 stocked him, ended up being a 3 stock. he then changed back to sheik and beat me again :mad: . and i'm working on the vids, so i don't think spikes can get them up :chuckle: .

edit:

i've finished about half of them, i'm up to lone vs hayate, then hayate vs spikes, and that's it. all the other ones are on you tube already. check my sig for a general link to my youtube vids.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Yah I suck with Falco, I main as sheik now, nothing to me ashamed of really. Sheik is not cheap, it takes skill to play with sheik, dont' believe me? Look at how many pros use sheik, then look at how many pros use fox, falco, peach, and marth.

Puffinator

Smash Ace
See why I refuse to waste my time playing ur falco now -_-

oh yeah im ticked i got no matches recorded:mad:

Xtra

Smash Ace
Yah I suck with Falco, I main as sheik now, nothing to me ashamed of really. Sheik is not cheap, it takes skill to play with sheik, dont' believe me? Look at how many pros use sheik, then look at how many pros use fox, falco, peach, and marth.
never said sheik was cheap, just easy. i would see peach is cheap. but anyway u'r kinda contradicting u'rself here. yeah not as many pros play sheik. but almost all pros play fox and falco. thats because they ARE pros. they have enough skill to play that they dont have to use sheik

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
We did a teams tourney, the only 2 teams were Me and Airy vs JamesSparrow and Ethan "Gay" Grier, and the match was 25 stock on FD. It all came down to the last stock with our team winning the exorbitant $1 prize.

Xtra

Smash Ace
hahaha excelent. whats the grier about. and nice job spikes on takin the cake. i only watch two matches of u vs hayate one of his fox (which i assume most of them were) and one of his marth. u wont both nice job. thanx for comming the other night too. too bad u guys didn't come ealier and stay longer but whatev.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Spikes, i picked up a bunch of adapters, a microphone, and some other sound equipment that i think would allow us to capture the sound signal directly from the tv, as well as use the microphone to capture the live voices and run the signal in simultaneously. i'll be testing it out at the biweeklies in st paul, and i'll have it all figured out for HJ4 and CC4.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Apparently there's gonna be a tourney at game crazy in Oshkosh on Saturday the 16th. The guy really doesn't know how smash tourneys work so I'll have to get him up to speed. Is anyone else from team taubsi coming to this? I'm guessing JS wont, this isn't really worth coming up for, so anyone else? The Wii date will be announced on the 14th, so last minute specifics of HJ4 could possibly depend on this -- this tourney could maybe be a preview of how many Oshkosh scrubs would be interested in going to a smash tourney. There was a tourney last Saturday... it was advertised 2 days beforehand but it still had 5 people (me + 4 locals that weren't at hj3). It was FFA though, so I got 2nd :laugh: 1st place was outdated strategy guides and a generic duffel bag, my prize was a nintendo Nalgene bottle and a couple Melee pins. I think they're better than the 1st prize crap so whatever.
Anyways, thoughts?

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Apparently there's gonna be a tourney at game crazy in Oshkosh on Saturday the 16th. The guy really doesn't know how smash tourneys work so I'll have to get him up to speed. Is anyone else from team taubsi coming to this? I'm guessing JS wont, this isn't really worth coming up for, so anyone else? The Wii date will be announced on the 14th, so last minute specifics of HJ4 could possibly depend on this -- this tourney could maybe be a preview of how many Oshkosh scrubs would be interested in going to a smash tourney. There was a tourney last Saturday... it was advertised 2 days beforehand but it still had 5 people (me + 4 locals that weren't at hj3). It was FFA though, so I got 2nd :laugh: 1st place was outdated strategy guides and a generic duffel bag, my prize was a nintendo Nalgene bottle and a couple Melee pins. I think they're better than the 1st prize crap so whatever.
Anyways, thoughts?

I'll see what I can do to come to this, if you're helping out running it make sure it's 1v1, and make sure it's worth paying. How much is it going to cost, and when will it be at, I'm almost 100% sure I'll make this.

Top Bottom