• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Star Fox call in Krystal for Smash!

Smokey21

Smash Apprentice
Hey so got my letter sent off in the the post today, spent half the night writing it up and almost being late to work to do so (I should probably reconsider my prioritises XD) but with any luck it should reach them sometime next week. Just spoke about what Nintendo meant to me, how I got introduced to the series and her character, and how I'd love to see her again and show my support as best I can after such a long absence, whilst trying to be as appreciative and thankful for her recent appearance in Smash. Would be amazing if we one day got some acknowledgement from Nintendo about these letters especially if they get a bunch like you mentioned. Probably won't happen but one can dream nonetheless :).
Sounds good man... I added you to the list of people we got making/sending letters now. I have gotten a few more people making some as well. Nice work man ^^

Klimax

Smash Ace
Starfox Adventures was my first Starfox game so, the first Starfox character that I played as is Krystal.
I like her, I think that her design in Adventures was great and I think that Dinosaur Planet could have been awesome (even though i really like Starfox Adventures).
She's requested since a long time and Starfox deserves more reps. The perfect thing for me would be Krystal as a unique character and Leon Powalski as Wolf's echo fighter.

The most frustrating thing about her is that she's not lucky at all:
- She would probably be playable if they didn't cut Wolf in Smash 4. Because of that, Wolf was just too requested and overshadowed Krystal a bit because many Starfox fans were like "Wolf, then Krystal".
- If Dinosaur Planet was not a Starfox Game, she would be playable since she was the main character. Damn, General Scales too could be playable since he was probably the villain (god I really hated his fight and how Andross appears from nowhere to steal his spotlight). Or maybe Krystal would be Rare's property ?

But still, this is frustrating because it feels like she's not in the game yet only because she's unlucky. I hope and think you'll get her someday guys, I don't see her being an AT for life.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Starfox Adventures was my first Starfox game so, the first Starfox character that I played as is Krystal.
I like her, I think that her design in Adventures was great and I think that Dinosaur Planet could have been awesome (even though i really like Starfox Adventures).
She's requested since a long time and Starfox deserves more reps. The perfect thing for me would be Krystal as a unique character and Leon Powalski as Wolf's echo fighter.

- She would probably be playable if they didn't cut Wolf in Smash 4. Because of that, Wolf was just too requested and overshadowed Krystal a bit because many Starfox fans were like "Wolf, then Krystal".
- If Dinosaur Planet was not a Starfox Game, she would be playable since she was the main character. Damn, General Scales too could be playable since he was probably the villain (god I really hated his fight and how Andross appears from nowhere to steal his spotlight). Or maybe Krystal would be Rare's property ?

But still, this is frustrating because it feels like she's not in the game yet only because she's unlucky. I hope and think you'll get her someday guys, I don't see her being an AT for life.
She was actually one of the 2 planned main protagonists for that game, the other one was called "Sabre" which looked strikingly similar to Fox iirc. It would be great for Krystal and General Scales to get a chance to make something of themselves though. Bonus points for bringing back SF:Adventures gameplay which probably won't ever return to the Star Fox series.

Mr. Brownstone

Smash Cadet
I just hope Krystal hasn't been retconned

If they really did it, they would lose the majority of the post-64 fanbase. Krystal is the only thing that keeps these people interested at this point. The series wouldn't recover from that. Which is what I said in my letter. Retconning a character shouldn't be done, especially when you have to satisfy a divided fanbase. It means that you have to combine rather than ignore.

Dinosaur Planet will never happen. And even if it did, I doubt that it would become more than a one time thing. I want Krystal to be a part of an actual series where she can appear more than once. To me, she is a part of the SF universe, and I couldn't imagine it without her anymore. They can make another adventure game that takes place in the SF universe, and give her a better role this time. Why not? But pretending that she's never been there? Nah. She could make SF so much better, if they used her properly. Cerinia...

D

Deleted member

Star Fox Adventures was an awesome game and seeing Krystal use that Staff in Smash would be sweet. Won't happen this time obviously thanks to the Assist Trophy roll but it could happen in the future.

Count me in as a Supporter.

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman

If you think that's the unlucky parts then you don't know the half of it, If brawl had more dev time we wouldn't be here at all, Krystal would be playable over Wolf, not to mention people still hate Krystal for reasons that aren't even unique to her, missing out on Zero also prevented her from having the immediate relevance for Smash Ultimate, hell she might have made it into Starlink if she was in Zero, even if the 64 fans have mostly moved on, the devs still seem to be addicted a single game from a franchise with a handful of different titles. It's almost like they forgot the core of SF is innovation and doing things differently. It's always "I played 64 when I was a kid, but never played any other game in the franchise. Then on top of that despite her cult following, she never really made it to a bandwagon request, after Zero her vocal fanbase mostly evaporated, for reasons I'll never truly understand. If we don't keep requests up for her, I don't even know if GP will matter, Of course the expectation is, if it shows up, people will come out and be like "oh I can support her now" despite the fact they gain nothing by sitting on their ass.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
We don't know for sure what would have happened if Brawl had more development time. They could have still went with Wolf, but made him further unique, or even have focused instead on the other missing characters found in the code (Mewtwo/Roy/Dixie/Toon Zelda/etc.)

Playing hypotheticals doesn't do much at this point. The most to hope for/act on right now is Krystal getting officially recognized in a capacity as large as this leading into gradual reintegration back into the main series.

Even small things like cameos in upcoming games, showing demand for small things like Switch profile icons (assuming Assist Trophies get them like Brawl/Smash 4 online did), and not immediately boycotting the next game (assuming the Grand Prix rumor may or may not happen) just because it initially looks like more of the same 64 pandering (you never know if requests DLC/updates/etc. will make any impact until you try).

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I disagree. I think it was more of a "screw you". We've been waiting for over a decade for her to be playable, and this is all we get. We've been getting the short end of the stick for so long, and Wolf (IMO a less-deserving candidate for being too similar to Fox, one clone is enough) has been playable in 2 games before Krystal gets in one.
Not at all. I think I said this on other threads but I believe Sakurai wants to include as many fan favorite characters on the battlefield as possible. But the man and his team only have time for a few candidates. The absolute tippity top. Guys like Ridley and K. Rool.

So in order to get more fan favorites out there, he could either make echo fighters or Assist Trophies for them. Since Krystal wouldn't seem right as an echo fighter, an Assist Trophy was the solution. I mean it makes sense. Look at Shovel Knight and Zero.

Last edited:

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Sure, i'll bite. This is a deeply amusing sentiment, let me just put this all into perspective, Krystal fans have been made fun of for a decade, with much more hurtful sentiments than this, those that survive are no more fazed by these comments than a battle ship is if a pin needle was thrown at it. You may think you are simply picking on the little guy, but those that survive have no such weakness, you cannot instill doubt or fear with these words. There's nothing to even say bye for, if anything Krystal's AT is the most attention she's had in years, and even before that she still had her fans. Also, not sure you REALLY want to spy on krystal fans, not unless you have a strong stomach lmao.

Last edited by a moderator:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Sure, i'll bite. This is a deeply amusing sentiment, let me just put this all into perspective, Krystal fans have been made fun of for a decade, with much more hurtful sentiments than this, those that survive are no more fazed by these comments than a battle ship is if a pin needle was thrown at it. You may think you are simply picking on the little guy, but those that survive have no such weakness, you cannot instill doubt or fear with these words. There's nothing to even say bye for, if anything Krystal's AT is the most attention she's had in years, and even before that she still had her fans. Also, not sure you REALLY want to spy on krystal fans, not unless you have a strong stomach lmao.
LOL, Are you thinking what I am thinking? Using that disgusting "art" of Krystal to our advantage for once?

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
LOL, Are you thinking what I am thinking? Using that disgusting "art" of Krystal to our advantage for once?
Indeed I did, also looks like his post was removed by a mod, guess someone watches the Krystal thread, not really saying that no one did, I just assumed that no one would be. If you're still checking, the user in question is a troll account through and through now.

BTW just figured I'd bring this to attention, Vergeben leaked Isabelle around a month or so ago, I think Liam Robertson leaked her aswell, though a bit less directly. this is worth noting as I'm starting to think they both have a shared source between them, I bring this up because they are the forefronts of the GP rumor, which means their track records are improving, I was hoping it'd show in this direct, but at this rate we'll have to wait until some time next year for it to show, hope it won't be E3, I'm not banking on her for Starlink, that's for sure. Regardless I still have faith in the rumor, If not, I can't say i'm going to cry about it, though it will sadden me for a bit lol. It's hard to imagine Nintendo supporting Starlink without a game in development for Star Fox, There's no reason to allow the crossover if they're not actively supporting the IP, So they still need the game, there's still incredible stagnance on what to talk about for the vixen, but I will say that I find how I saw earlier that Cloud in smash was "not free" for nintendo, I'm really seeing it now, there was so much final fantasy announced for switch, I know that Simon is supposed to be followed by a game or two aswell, Isabelle was followed by an AC game announcement, It's not unreasonable to suggest that allowing the Starlink crossover works in the same regard for smash to advertise the SF crew for nintendo, ironically Starlink could be functionally superior to most of the games in the series, though can't say I'm a big fan of needing to exert money onto toys. Unfortunately I don't see the ATs meaning very much, it does atleast mean she was popular enough to bypass the irrelevance of the character, she'll likely be in GP for all the aforementioned reasons, though I can't say it isn't a bit saddening to be stuck in second place, with her not even making it into Starlink, with all of the things showing "original starfox team" which literally only excludes her, though now that I think about it I suppose that excludes the other 2 from SF2, though I'm not really sure how that registers to the company anyway. Well I decided quite some time ago I'll support the character, regardless of nintendo's actions. Though not always just for smash.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Today is Krystal's 16th anniversary.

16 years ago, Star Fox Adventures released on the Nintendo GameCube, marking her first appearance.

Seen people bringing it up on Twitter, too. Tagging Nintendo with artwork and what-not. Nice to see people being vocal about it.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I know Krystal has already been deconfirmed, but I wanted to show my support for her in this thread until the day comes when we finally get her in the roster either as DLC or in a future Smash game.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Even if she isn't DLC this time around, our vixen will probably get in next time as one of the most popular newcomer requests left that haven't been in Smash

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Leon doesn't deserve that. Between his taller, tailed build and his race, he has potential to be rather more unique than the current Starfox inclusions, possibly combining the usual moves with ones from Mewtwo and Greninja, among others.
Sure, he'd be less original than Krystal but, as a fan of both the character and unique movesets, I'd be pretty pissed if Leon was such a glorified clone.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Even if she isn't DLC this time around, our vixen will probably get in next time as one of the most popular newcomer requests left that haven't been in Smash
Krystal isn’t out of the running for Ultimate yet. Despite her being an Assist Trophy already I think there’s still a possibility of a change.
Leon doesn't deserve that. Between his taller, tailed build and his race, he has potential to be rather more unique than the current Starfox inclusions, possibly combining the usual moves with ones from Mewtwo and Greninja, among others.
Sure, he'd be less original than Krystal but, as a fan of both the character and unique movesets, I'd be pretty pissed if Leon was such a glorified clone.
Lol what!? Your sense of humor is very puzzling sometimes my friend.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
You think I'm not serious here? I don't support any character becoming a clone, unless that's genuinely all that the character is. And yes, in terms of gameplay, Leon is essentially just a Wolf clone but he has more potential than that once out of his vehicle.
No, I didn’t say you weren’t being serious now did I? It’s just weird that you’re talking about Leon P. in a thread about Krystal.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
No, I didn’t say you weren’t being serious now did I? It’s just weird that you’re talking about Leon P. in a thread about Krystal.
I didn't bring Leon into this. All I did was step in to defend one of my favourite lesser-known characters from the same franchise when he was so offhandedly dismissed. Surely anyone would do the same?

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
As much as I want it to happen, I just don't think Krystal being promoted from an AT to full playable fighter is going to happen, I could be wrong though, just look at Ranthalos.

Also, if you want another SF game in the future, I would highly recommend you buy Starlink for Switch

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
As much as I want it to happen, I just don't think Krystal being promoted from an AT to full playable fighter is going to happen, I could be wrong though, just look at Ranthalos.

Also, if you want another SF game in the future, I would highly recommend you buy Starlink for Switch
Ratholos is a bad example. A better example that fits better with Krystal’s current predicament in Ultimate right now would be Croagunk from Pokken Tournament DX. This previous post of mine here explains it fully.
I understand most of you said it would be awkward to have a playable Krystal and an AT Krystal in the same game, but I think it would be possible. A better example then Ratholos would be Croagunk from Pokken Tournament. In the first release on the Wii U he was just a support character, but when they rereleased Pokken Tournament on the switch(Pokken Tournament DX which is basically a port of the Japanese arcade version of Pokken Tournament plus some extra stuff) he became a fighter and remained as a support character. Even if you’re playing as Croagunk you can still use him as support character. I’ve seen plenty of clips on YouTube that shows players using both simultaneously.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Ratholos is a bad example. A better example that fits better with Krystal’s current predicament in Ultimate right now would be Croagunk from Pokken Tournament DX. This previous post of mine here explains it fully.
Actually that might work, though would it be easier for playable Krystal to just have a different attire, to avoid confusion

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I havent been here in a while, anything interesting pop up for krystal?

JV_Nerdson

Smash Cadet
I havent been here in a while, anything interesting pop up for krystal?
I know there's been a fair amount of support being shown for her recently on Twitter on several posts with the upcoming release of Starlink as well as Nintendo focusing their fighter video on Fox this week. Been nice to still see the support for her still going and hopefully Nintendo or Ubisoft have seen the support in some form. Also seen a decent rise in the supporters on her change.org campaign too. The way I see it, even if it doesn't change anything for Smash Switch, it still shows she has a good following behind her and if Nintendo or Sakurai ever happens to see it then hopefully it'll show them that after all this time we'd love to see her as a fighter one day in the series or make a return in a new Star Fox game :).

Last edited:

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
The more I think about it, the more sad I am that Krystal isn't playable in this game. While I'm not a strong supporter, I do wish we could see a full moveset based on the staff and its wide variety of powers, as well as gymnastic flair from Krystal.

I would go so far as to say that I'd kick Falco or Wolf out of the roster in favor of her. Probably Falco so we can keep the villain around. If it meant we got a more original moveset instead of three semi-clones, then heck yeah I would lol.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Been nice to still see the support for her still going and hopefully Nintendo or Ubisoft have seen the support in some form. Also seen a decent rise in the supporters on her change.org campaign too. The way I see it, even if it doesn't change anything for Smash Switch, it still shows she has a good following behind her and if Nintendo or Sakurai ever happens to see it then hopefully it'll show them that after all this time we'd love to see her as a fighter one day in the series or make a return in a new Star Fox game :).
We saved and got King K. Rool out of Nintendo's basement. So now, let's save get our girl Krystal out of there. ;)

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
In the unlikely event, Krystal is promoted to a playable fighter via DLC, maybe it should be her Assault attire that she comes with, our her AT form won't appear when she's playable

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
If Krystal’s playable for Smash 6, I’d like Sakurai to take three approaches to her design.

1. Adventures outfit with Assault alt
2. Completely Smash original design ala Wolf so she won’t look dated compared to the other.
3. Updates look of her Assault outfit.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I personally think that Krystal's Adventures and Assault outfits should both be available.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
In the unlikely event, Krystal is promoted to a playable fighter via DLC, maybe it should be her Assault attire that she comes with, our her AT form won't appear when she's playable
If Krystal’s playable for Smash 6, I’d like Sakurai to take three approaches to her design.

1. Adventures outfit with Assault alt
2. Completely Smash original design ala Wolf so she won’t look dated compared to the other.
3. Updates look of her Assault outfit.
I personally think that Krystal's Adventures and Assault outfits should both be available.
If Krystal got in as a fighter now, or as DLC I’d prefer to see her in a costume like this:
CA95E293-23D1-4F41-AF50-1997DEA6DFBD.png

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I don't hate the Adventures outfit, but I'd like to see her wearing something more fitting as a member of a space mercenary team.

The Smashified artwork Arcane posted would be ideal, though I'm also a fan of the Super Smash Flash 2 design. Though I don't care much for the sleeveless flight suit.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I don't hate the Adventures outfit, but I'd like to see her wearing something more fitting as a member of a space mercenary team.

The Smashified artwork Arcane posted would be ideal, though I'm also a fan of the Super Smash Flash 2 design. Though I don't care much for the sleeveless flight suit.

The sleeveless outfit is actually pretty sweet, since it shows off her tattoos.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I don't like the adventures design at all, I'd rather they just go for an updated assault design. The best outcome though is if they made a Zero sequel featuring her with a brand new design.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I just hope Krystal hasn't been retconned
Kinda hard to do that when they still haven't gotten past the earliest part of the timeline again these days. It's the equivalent of telling the history of the world, only to keep getting interrupted before you can get past the Cretacious era.

That's certainly a good way to redeem the tacky Command design.

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace
Kinda hard to do that when they still haven't gotten past the earliest part of the timeline again these days. It's the equivalent of telling the history of the world, only to keep getting interrupted before you can get past the Cretacious era.

That's certainly a good way to redeem the tacky Command design.
Never could stand her Command outfit. They could have at least did it better.

Top Bottom