• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Star Fox call in Krystal for Smash!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
An original/updated design built off of the Assault outfit as the main, and an alternate costume for her Adventures outfit seems like the best case scenario.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Am I the only one here who is getting annoyed with all the conversations about current Ultimate leaks?
1539459114240.gif

I really hope they reveal a new character/characters soon so the leaks can all finally be put to rest. Also I hope the new fighter or fighters aren’t any of the characters supposedly leaked because that would make the internet salt show a lot more entertaining. I just wanna see Sakurai do something they wouldn’t expect him to do with the next fighter reveal. I loved the Isabelle reveal because the internet salt afterwards was wonderfully entertaining. If Sakurai does another reveal like that( I know we all here would hope for a reveal video with Sakurai talking about changing a certain assist trophy to a fighter and surprising everyone with a Krystal reveal, but we know that’s never gonna happen lol I wish....D: ) I will be happily enjoying the internet salt show afterwords.

Last edited:

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
I don't like the adventures design at all, I'd rather they just go for an updated assault design. The best outcome though is if they made a Zero sequel featuring her with a brand new design.
Or Nintendo could make Dinosaur Planet a Starfox Spinoff and expand on the Starfox universe. A soft reboot to Dinosaur Planet with Krystal and the scrapped character that apparently looked too much like Fox as the two protagonists. I personally thought that merging DP with Starfox wasn't a good idea if the result was an average 3D Zelda clone with very minor rail shooting segments.

I think it would be a good idea if Krystal was introduced in the Starfox universe but had her own franchise (maybe a Zelda BotW type game?) so her powers, combat and dinosaur themed world/aesthetic can be used to it's full potential, which may be asking for a lot because Nintendo could do so much with Starfox but only allows a new game to be developed as long as Miyamoto can add some new gameplay gimmick to it.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Or Nintendo could make Dinosaur Planet a Starfox Spinoff and expand on the Starfox universe. A soft reboot to Dinosaur Planet with Krystal and the scrapped character that apparently looked too much like Fox as the two protagonists. I personally thought that merging DP with Starfox wasn't a good idea if the result was an average 3D Zelda clone with very minor rail shooting segments.

I think it would be a good idea if Krystal was introduced in the Starfox universe but had her own franchise (maybe a Zelda BotW type game?) so her powers, combat and dinosaur themed world/aesthetic can be used to it's full potential, which may be asking for a lot because Nintendo could do so much with Starfox but only allows a new game to be developed as long as Miyamoto can add some new gameplay gimmick to it.
Reintroduce her to the series, and then have her star in a spin off title, call it StarFox Adventures: Krystal, or something, with Star Fox Adventures style gameplay

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Don't know if anyone here has been keeping up with the General Discussion Thread, but a potentially massive Smash leak is being discussed. Not guaranteed to be real, but we're having a hard time disproving it. I won't mention who was in the leak to avoid potential spoilers, but if its real, DLC looks like its going to be real interesting.

Without saying who or how many, the leak shows that there's potentially more characters in the base game than we've expected. Many of these characters are ones I had pegged as potential DLC. If they are in the base-game, then the pool for DLC candidates shrinks.

What I'm trying to get at is that deconfirmed characters being promoted through DLC is looking like more and more of a possibility. With the potentially leaked characters in the base game, all that's left are 'rising star' characters and promotional picks. After the outrage over Waluigi, I'm starting to think him becoming playable through DLC is certainly possible. And if he does, that opens the door for other Assist Trophies.

There's a lot of Assist Trophies who have the potential to be promoted, but I genuinely think Krystal would be one of the frontrunners. Her blog post gathered the most attention over almost all the rest of the Assist Trophies, her inclusion is likely a result of her performance in the ballot, and she's listed first and foremost on the website.

Her best case scenario is if Waluigi gets promoted, and Star Fox: Grand Prix does exist with her as a part of it. When the base game launches and DLC talks begin, we have got to remain vocal! Even if in the end our continued support of her doesn't get her in as DLC, we've got to be loud enough that we won't be forgotten next time around!

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Don't know if anyone here has been keeping up with the General Discussion Thread, but a potentially massive Smash leak is being discussed. Not guaranteed to be real, but we're having a hard time disproving it. I won't mention who was in the leak to avoid potential spoilers, but if its real, DLC looks like its going to be real interesting.

Without saying who or how many, the leak shows that there's potentially more characters in the base game than we've expected. Many of these characters are ones I had pegged as potential DLC. If they are in the base-game, then the pool for DLC candidates shrinks.

What I'm trying to get at is that deconfirmed characters being promoted through DLC is looking like more and more of a possibility. With the potentially leaked characters in the base game, all that's left are 'rising star' characters and promotional picks. After the outrage over Waluigi, I'm starting to think him becoming playable through DLC is certainly possible. And if he does, that opens the door for other Assist Trophies.

There's a lot of Assist Trophies who have the potential to be promoted, but I genuinely think Krystal would be one of the frontrunners. Her blog post gathered the most attention over almost all the rest of the Assist Trophies, her inclusion is likely a result of her performance in the ballot, and she's listed first and foremost on the website.

Her best case scenario is if Waluigi gets promoted, and Star Fox: Grand Prix does exist with her as a part of it. When the base game launches and DLC talks begin, we have got to remain vocal! Even if in the end our continued support of her doesn't get her in as DLC, we've got to be loud enough that we won't be forgotten next time around!
You may have a point, plus it would be easier to add a character already in the game like Krystal as a playable fighter

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
We probably should revive the Remnants of Cerinia social thread, as it's only a matter of time until this thread gets shut down
Wait, what makes people think this thread will be shut down?

You may have a point, plus it would be easier to add a character already in the game like Krystal as a playable fighter
Heck yeah, I'm behind promoting Assist Trophies all the way if it means the dream of playing as Bomberman and Krystal is alive!

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman

TBH if the grinchleak is true, It honestly makes me think there's a chance we won't get DLC, because they would have addressed every big character that people would have wanted, I mean legitimately, who would anyone pick? It wouldn't be anyone the fandom has seriously considered. With how they have this ultimate banner, which will obviously be sold when the game comes out, It seems like something that would be complete, which would be infact incomplete if DLC rolls around. Perhaps they'd make a seperate DLC banner or something. Eitherway I'm clueless as who they'd include as DLC, maybe Rayman or something. Either way, when GP comes out next year, there should hopefully be a big enough boon of Krystalfans to push for her in Smash, since DLC should be underway or starting to be underway by that time if it happens, logically they should do DLC, but unlike other games, which have clear characters missing that people would want, we have 70 characters, so... there's so little to pick. Personally I don't believe the leak, simply because it's hard to disprove doesn't mean it's real, that's an argument theologists use in religious debates, a blurry image of a wrist band and some renders of a movie doesn't really inspire confidence, along with my doubt of a couple of characters seriously being in the game. Plus we're so close to the game coming out, which if some people aren't aware, is the time really good fake leaks come out, and smash hype is all encompassing, People one-uping old leaks is totally possible, I don't believe any blurry images just on principle of basic knowledge of image editing. Fortunately we don't have long to wait to see if it's real or not. As leakypandy (march 8th direct) is saying we'll have a direct in november, last I read they said November 5th, which is about where I'd have pegged one. and it's to be a Smash Direct, So let's see who makes it in and so I can be salty when characters from dead franchises get in over Krystal

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
TBH if the grinchleak is true, It honestly makes me think there's a chance we won't get DLC, because they would have addressed every big character that people would have wanted, I mean legitimately, who would anyone pick? It wouldn't be anyone the fandom has seriously considered. With how they have this ultimate banner, which will obviously be sold when the game comes out, It seems like something that would be complete, which would be infact incomplete if DLC rolls around. Perhaps they'd make a seperate DLC banner or something. Eitherway I'm clueless as who they'd include as DLC, maybe Rayman or something. Either way, when GP comes out next year, there should hopefully be a big enough boon of Krystalfans to push for her in Smash, since DLC should be underway or starting to be underway by that time if it happens, logically they should do DLC, but unlike other games, which have clear characters missing that people would want, we have 70 characters, so... there's so little to pick. Personally I don't believe the leak, simply because it's hard to disprove doesn't mean it's real, that's an argument theologists use in religious debates, a blurry image of a wrist band and some renders of a movie doesn't really inspire confidence, along with my doubt of a couple of characters seriously being in the game. Plus we're so close to the game coming out, which if some people aren't aware, is the time really good fake leaks come out, and smash hype is all encompassing, People one-uping old leaks is totally possible, I don't believe any blurry images just on principle of basic knowledge of image editing. Fortunately we don't have long to wait to see if it's real or not. As leakypandy (march 8th direct) is saying we'll have a direct in november, last I read they said November 5th, which is about where I'd have pegged one. and it's to be a Smash Direct, So let's see who makes it in and so I can be salty when characters from dead franchises get in over Krystal
You underestimate how big the pool of characters people would want is, even without taking third parties into account (not to mention characters that would get in anyway, regardless whether people wanted them or not :ultcorrin:). :smash:

When the leaders of a movement are out, there's always new ones to take their place.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Except, Smash DLC makes a lot of money, and there still are characters a lot of people want (Waluigi, our Blue Vixen, Travis Touchdown). If the rumors are true, Krystal Ashley, Waluigi, become the most popular newcomer requests left...

Last edited:

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
You underestimate how big the pool of characters people would want is, even without taking third parties into account (not to mention characters that would get in anyway, regardless whether people wanted them or not :ultcorrin:). :smash:

When the leaders of a movement are out, there's always new ones to take their place.
I suppose that's true, it's just that it's literally every top character has been accounted for if that leak is true, so I don't personally feel that other characters are necessary. But I suppose that certainly doesn't stop people from drawing from other franchises, and third-parties that don't really belong in Smash. It'll be amusing when i'm like 30 and I see which characters people want in the next smash as we continue to spread out into smaller fries. Maybe we'll see some fun promotional picks, which do seem like some of the last character choices we can really have. Someone somewhere really cares about something obscure, hell Krystal herself is obscure these days.

Except, Smash DLC makes a lot of money, and there still are characters a lot of people want (Waluigi, our Blue Vixen, Travis Touchdown). If the rumors are true, Krystal Ashley, Waluigi, become the most popular newcomer requests left...
It does make a lot of money, so it's unreasonable to be sure to not have it, but I've already illustrated why I have my doubts about them. Sakurai is a champion though, so perhaps he'll come up with something good for us. all I know is, it'll be nice to actually use my switch, because it's been collecting dust since I got it last christmas.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
It really would be easy for Sakurai to promote Waluigi and Krystal to full fighters via DLC, all he needs to do is add a couple more attack animations, some quotes, a final smash, victory poses, and entry poses, and boom, pretty easy, a lot less work than adding a completely new character from scratcb

Last edited:

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203

I really hope the leak is fake TBH. I mean Sakurai/Nintendo put in a lot of hard work to make this game and keep its development a secret up until now possibly. It would be sad to see all of Sakurai’s hard work go to waste if this leak is true. Now I really want Sakurai to drop a big bomb shell in the next reveal and blow the internet’s mind with a character nobody would’ve expected to be “in” that isn’t part of the leak.

StormC

Smash Hero
I really hope the leak is fake TBH. I mean Sakurai/Nintendo put in a lot of hard work to make this game and keep its development a secret up until now possibly. It would be sad to see all of Sakurai’s hard work go to waste if this leak is true. Now I really want Sakurai to drop a big bomb shell in the next reveal and blow the internet’s mind with a character nobody would’ve expected to be “in” that isn’t part of the leak.
Honestly, the consequences of the leak being fake - the hype for Smash Ultimate being torpedoed by people's hopes for newcomers blowing up - would probably be worse than if it was real. In either case, these companies' reputations have been dragged through the mud and the leaker has broken laws.

It's also pretty dismissive to say "Sakurai's hard work would go to waste if this leak is true." If the leak is true, all that was ruined was the surprise. This will be a game full of characters people have wanted for over a decade and will likely play and love for years to come. People will break down in tears seeing characters like Isaac, Banjo-Kazooie, and Geno finally join the roster.

I'm not sure what is gained by it being fake, unless someone really wanted a character that has yet to be deconfirmed, but isn't in the leak.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It really would be easy for Sakurai to promote Waluigi and Krystal to full fighters via DLC, all he needs to do is add a couple more attack animations, some quotes, a final smash, victory poses, and entry poses, and boom, pretty easy, a lot less work than adding a completely new character from scratcb
Yes, but for some reason he probably won't do that like last time. I wonder why. It couldn't hurt the game's code that much, could it? :confused:

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
That's really not how it works, people wouldn't be satisfied with how she would look, certainly not sakurai, you don't have to look too closely to see how much lower poly assist trophies can be. Characters require permission, which is a process, modeling work and texture work which take time and effort. animations which probably aren't mocap'd, which are meticulous and fairly extensive, which also requires a kirby hat. Then they have to be extensively practiced and balanced over a scheduled time period in which they also decide how they want to announce them, and where to schedule their trailers. Krystal's model would likely be done by scratch, and her assist trophy would stay as is. The work load difference even if you'd factor that in isn't much, the character runs, jumps, has a hit and death animation, aswell as a ranged and melee attack, and I think those 3-4 have aerial variants, with a fairly low-poly model that has no facial animation, and already recorded voice effects. That's almost nothing, smash characters have like 16 attacks, a grab, shield, trip, final smash, taunts, item use anims, some facial expressions, extensive hit animations, each with a decent amount of their own special effects, sound effects and voice work with current-gen models. Hell I probably missed a handful too.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Well there is some positive news, Ceylon got a response on Twitter from Nintendo, when asking about Krystal, so at least Nintendo is aware of her popularity.
response1.jpg

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Based Vergeben is denouncing the grinch leak, I knew that thing was too fishy, he's calling Isaac as an assist trophy, so we don't have to be unreasonably mad if Isaac gets in over Krystal, I doubt everyone feels that way. But I have qualms with getting another swordsman from a franchise that isn't even slightly relevant over krystal when she was popular for longer and from a series that still exists, and not a swordsman. That said It's not deconfirmed just yet, but we only have till tomorrow to find out. I think we'll probably see Incineroar, Geno, Shadow and Ken tomorrow, Geno might be held back as DLC, considering square would want their cash, but since bomberman is there in the main game as just an assist maybe they won't. This direct ought to be sweet, I'm pretty excited to see what the story mode is. And with the murmur of Nintendo's DLC focus, the thing I've been banking on for ages could come to fruition, but Krystal has to actually be IN the next star fox game for anything of it to matter for her chances. I'd say there's a high chance of it, but I'm a bit curious if she'd really warrant the work for a DLC fighter, even with the boost from being in GP. I mean she's not banjo or rayman, that's for sure. But here's hoping, we've still got a while yet.

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Well.... Here's to hoping that she does become playable in this direct. If not. Please for the love of god Nintendo, bring her back in the fold of Star Fox.
As much as the miracle would be welcome, Krystal's chance for base roster has already been considered, she needs to return to the fold of Star Fox, and for people to come out in celebration enough to warrant her DLC, as she has to sell on her own merits, which provided should be a hell of a lot better than it is currently if she comes back in the rumored SF game. Let's keep supporting her as we can, so we can have places for the new fans to pool in later.

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace
As much as the miracle would be welcome, Krystal's chance for base roster has already been considered, she needs to return to the fold of Star Fox, and for people to come out in celebration enough to warrant her DLC, as she has to sell on her own merits, which provided should be a hell of a lot better than it is currently if she comes back in the rumored SF game. Let's keep supporting her as we can, so we can have places for the new fans to pool in later.
I'm not saying she will be playable, but heaven forbids if she somehow does. I'll be a happy clam.

I will always support her no matter what.

JV_Nerdson

Smash Cadet
Well there is some positive news, Ceylon got a response on Twitter from Nintendo, when asking about Krystal, so at least Nintendo is aware of her popularity.View attachment 173850
I think its pretty cool that Nintendo responded directly to the letter, especially in regards to sending a personalised letter that clearly referenced the topic in question rather than a simple auto generated letter they could so easily have sent instead. Its encouraging to see someone took the time and effort to read through and respond in such a way, and inspire others to remain passionate and vocal about herself and her future involvement in the series. Its a shame there was no indication that she may be making a return soon but that's understandable as they'd only reveal something like that with an announcement of a new Star Fox title I imagine. All things I'd say its not been too bad a year for herself or the franchise in general with an assist trophy appearance for Krystal and the return of Wolf as a playable character, a significant appearance for the franchise in Star Link and even the hint of a new title heading to Switch next year, its nice that the series hasn't been forgotten in its 25th year. It gives me motivation to continue the support into next year, and if we can continue to show support in a respectful manner we could very well see a productive year for both the franchise and for Krystal herself i.e. DLC or a new game announcement.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Pack in it guys, it's over for Krystal this time, but there will be another Smash game, and if Krystal is in the next Star Fox, she'll probably be a shoo in to be playable

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
I'm speechless, that direct was incredible, spirits mode looks pretty great for a fighter story mode, the new assists make me less salty about krystal, and we have confirmed dlc, grinch leak is false, vergeben continues to be right, GP is looking good, it looks like however the first five might be preplanned, so we could have a couple years to get her for dlc, also what **** is the damn pirahna plant doing as playable, we cant even bank on bottom of the barrel support because because they seem fine to scrape and use it. Voice acted cutscenes are sweet, personally think samus should have sensedodged one of the strikes but thats nitpicky, we should get a couple of those, im so hype for this game.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
I'm speechless, that direct was incredible, spirits mode looks pretty great for a fighter story mode, the new assists make me less salty about krystal, and we have confirmed dlc, grinch leak is false, vergeben continues to be right, GP is looking good, it looks like however the first five might be preplanned, so we could have a couple years to get her for dlc, also what **** is the damn pirahna plant doing as playable, we cant even bank on bottom of the barrel support because because they seem fine to scrape and use it. Voice acted cutscenes are sweet, personally think samus should have sensedodged one of the strikes but thats nitpicky, we should get a couple of those, im so hype for this game.
The direct in its entirety was very lackluster IMO. The first half of the direct was a train wreck only because the hype for Ken & Incineroar was already fizzled out from all the leaks before hand. The rest of the direct was great especially the new adventure mode and the hilarious as hell WTF character reveal.
Pack in it guys, it's over for Krystal this time, but there will be another Smash game, and if Krystal is in the next Star Fox, she'll probably be a shoo in to be playable
Well, guess we should reopen Remnants of Cerinia now...
Giving up on our favorite blue vixen already eh? Sakurai clearly said they haven’t decided who they were going to add in as DLC yet. He only stated that who ever they do choose to add as DLC will have to be made from scratch. I firmly believe with this statement in mind anything is possible. That means that ATs and Spirits still have a possible chance to become fully developed characters made from scratch in to playable DLC fighters. That said my idea for a possible Krystal dlc fighter pack would be this. Character: Krystal(Star Fox), Stage: Planet Sauria(Star Fox: Adventures), Music: Star Fox: Adventures Medley and various other new Star Fox tracks.
As far as I’m concerned our favorite blue furred telepathic vixen queen still has a chance for redemption. Either through Ultimate’s DLC cycle, Starlink DLC, GP and or a new Star Fox title.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
The direct in its entirety was very lackluster IMO. The first half of the direct was a train wreck only because the hype for Ken & Incineroar was already fizzled out from all the leaks before hand. The rest of the direct was great especially the new adventure mode and the hilarious as hell WTF character reveal.

Giving up on our favorite blue vixen already eh? Sakurai clearly said they haven’t decided who they were going to add in as DLC yet. He only stated that who ever they do choose to add as DLC will have to be made from scratch. I firmly believe with this statement in mind anything is possible. That means that ATs and Spirits still have a possible chance to become fully developed characters made from scratch in to playable DLC fighters. That said my idea for a possible Krystal dlc fighter pack would be this. Character: Krystal(Star Fox), Stage: Planet Sauria(Star Fox: Adventures), Music: Star Fox: Adventures Medley and various other new Star Fox tracks.
As far as I’m concerned our favorite blue furred telepathic vixen queen still has a chance for redemption. Either through Ultimate’s DLC cycle, Starlink DLC, GP and or a new Star Fox title.
Him maybe you are right, though of course, she'd get a few Assault tracks too?

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman

How could you call that lackluster? if the grinchleak won, it would mean that Vergeben's sources wouldn't have won, which would have shaken the chance for GP being real. And on a personal level I'm enthralled that it was defeated. The only thing I was looking for was the Spirits mode and DLC, which blew my mind, I'm only invested in Krystal so I have little care who else is put in, aslong as I have Ike and Samus I'll keep buying smash. People create this unyielding culture of hype addiction and always throw a **** fit when they don't get everything they want, I was glad to see them.

Also on a second note, why is anyone using this direct to give up hope for her? you'd have to be insane to expect them to suddenly turn tail and make her playable instantly. I've been saying DLC for several months now, even before she was announced as an assist, If any of the DLC isn't pre-planned she still stands a fair shot of being playable. Honestly I think the WTF reveal is very clever, and it's why we as fans shouldn't have control over the game, It's causing discourse as expected, but I bet the general audience thought it was so wild that it's creating excitement just for that alone, and was the only one that no one predicted.

She'll need GP to get into the DLC cycle, I'm thinking though we'll see her in the second cycle of DLC, this games DLC path is awfully similiar to FighterZ and all of those characters are pre-planned (with some actually being held back for dlc intentionally) and I doubt we'll be left with a single cycle, there's simply too much cash, and with how long they intend to support the damn thing I'd suspect a second one as a possibility, and you bet your ass they know people want those assists as playable, it's wonderful that we know there's no veterans or echos in this either, so it'll be new people, I'd expect the first cycle to have mostly 3rd parties, but they can totally throw us curveballs so we'll see. I mean FighterZ has a second cycle, so why not Smash?

So for Krystal I'd have to say Krystal (GP rendition/adventures alt) for her stage Krazoa Palace, it will be a tall stage with platforms you access using the giant fans, Sharpclaw and Spirits might cameo, as far as tracks I'd say Thorntail Hollow, Krazoa Palace, Krystal's Theme are some of the big choices.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
How could you call that lackluster? if the grinchleak won, it would mean that Vergeben's sources wouldn't have won, which would have shaken the chance for GP being real. And on a personal level I'm enthralled that it was defeated. The only thing I was looking for was the Spirits mode and DLC, which blew my mind, I'm only invested in Krystal so I have little care who else is put in, aslong as I have Ike and Samus I'll keep buying smash. People create this unyielding culture of hype addiction and always throw a **** fit when they don't get everything they want, I was glad to see them.

Also on a second note, why is anyone using this direct to give up hope for her? you'd have to be insane to expect them to suddenly turn tail and make her playable instantly. I've been saying DLC for several months now, even before she was announced as an assist, If any of the DLC isn't pre-planned she still stands a fair shot of being playable. Honestly I think the WTF reveal is very clever, and it's why we as fans shouldn't have control over the game, It's causing discourse as expected, but I bet the general audience thought it was so wild that it's creating excitement just for that alone, and was the only one that no one predicted.

She'll need GP to get into the DLC cycle, I'm thinking though we'll see her in the second cycle of DLC, this games DLC path is awfully similiar to FighterZ and all of those characters are pre-planned (with some actually being held back for dlc intentionally) and I doubt we'll be left with a single cycle, there's simply too much cash, and with how long they intend to support the damn thing I'd suspect a second one as a possibility, and you bet your *** they know people want those assists as playable, it's wonderful that we know there's no veterans or echos in this either, so it'll be new people, I'd expect the first cycle to have mostly 3rd parties, but they can totally throw us curveballs so we'll see. I mean FighterZ has a second cycle, so why not Smash?

So for Krystal I'd have to say Krystal (GP rendition/adventures alt) for her stage Krazoa Palace, it will be a tall stage with platforms you access using the giant fans, Sharpclaw and Spirits might cameo, as far as tracks I'd say Thorntail Hollow, Krazoa Palace, Krystal's Theme are some of the big choices.
Pre-planned DLC? I don’t recall Sakurai ever hinting about the DLC being pre-planned at all during the direct.

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Pre-planned DLC? I don’t recall Sakurai ever hinting about the DLC being pre-planned at all during the direct.
You don't create a fighter pass, with a 5 character set, with an announced deadline and announce a DLC character in a video BEFORE the game even comes out and not have it pre-planned, his quote is a bit hazy "When creating something like the Fighters Pass, Ideally we should reveal what's included before it comes available for purchase, however, please allow us to offer this pass before we're ready to reveal it's contents." but the wording somewhat suggests that they already know what the contents are, it's possible it's not, but it doesn't look likely.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
You don't create a fighter pass, with a 5 character set, with an announced deadline and announce a DLC character in a video BEFORE the game even comes out and not have it pre-planned, his quote is a bit hazy "When creating something like the Fighters Pass, Ideally we should reveal what's included before it comes available for purchase, however, please allow us to offer this pass before we're ready to reveal it's contents." but the wording somewhat suggests that they already know what the contents are, it's possible it's not, but it doesn't look likely.
It’s mostly likely he said that because they really didn’t put any thought or time into making DLC yet. I’m mean the game comes out In less than a month. They’re obviously busy enough as it is trying to finish the game on time for said deadline above.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion

She'll need GP to get into the DLC cycle, I'm thinking though we'll see her in the second cycle of DLC, this games DLC path is awfully similiar to FighterZ and all of those characters are pre-planned (with some actually being held back for dlc intentionally) and I doubt we'll be left with a single cycle, there's simply too much cash, and with how long they intend to support the damn thing I'd suspect a second one as a possibility, and you bet your *** they know people want those assists as playable, it's wonderful that we know there's no veterans or echos in this either, so it'll be new people, I'd expect the first cycle to have mostly 3rd parties, but they can totally throw us curveballs so we'll see. I mean FighterZ has a second cycle, so why not Smash?

With an Assault alt too? Though I'm kinda worried Krystal won't be in GP,

Last edited:

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
With an Assault alt too?
Assault is my personal favorite, but I don't think she'd get one, would likely have her most recent addition and her first rendition for nostalgia purposes, assault would be inbetween, it will likely have a palette but that's about it.

Top Bottom