• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Rocket Mafia from the Disco Room: DGames Reject Copy

Motel Vacaville

• I see.

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • My Gosh.

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Thiiiis Guuuuy

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Spire posted yesterday morning.

I'd like to hear from nido on stuff

and matt numbers

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I'd prod, but there's legit 502 Johns. I'll prod them if they don't speak by the time I wake up tomorrow.

:034:

Smash Hero
What mattnumbers said was the first thing that explicitly stood out as suspicious to me.

@Jungle: Been trying to post but 502 and 504 are giving me trouble posting.

FoS: Matt#'s

:034:

DZLE

Smash Master
I could say the same thing but I wont. Laptop and 502 johns. But I drove to my friends today.

And i'll agree with everyone after Matt's post, that does seem like a very suspicious thing to say. Since that's basically what I did alot at the beginning of my time as scum last game, which I benefit from in the end. I'm not saying thats a "tell" that he's scum, it could just be a slip up.

i'll also FoS: Numbahs

Frown

poekmon
Ah come on. I'm just trying to specify my point.

And if I WERE mafia, WHY in the name of anything would I want to kill of a person who doesn't post at all?

fragbait

Smash Master
A kill is a kill for mafia. Considering I have no clue as to if there are PRs right now, it's very easy to assume that those who don't post either have 502 johns, or are laying low to hide a PR. Plus, even if that person who doesn't post doesn't have a PR, a Daytime kill that isn't mafia is a boon to Scum. 2 kills in one day? If I were scum, I'd be all over it.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
If I were scum, why would I say that directly after multiple people comment on how playing that way makes you seem scummy? I was just telling the truth about what I'm currently doing since, being a townie, It's better to be truthful most of the time.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master

And if I WERE mafia, WHY in the name of anything would I want to kill of a person who doesn't post at all?
Because many people in this thread have said that mafia tend to act that way (IE told the mafia explicitly how NOT to act)

Spire

III
BRoomer
Seems like I've fallen quite a few flights behind. I'll blame MLG first and school/work second.

To answer your questions from pages ago: I have no concern for how the game works. I'm not well versed in the rules and suggestive lingo, nor do I feel inadequate. I'd rather live or die from my actions, not seek guidance from who may or may not be a twerp and be lead down a path to the gallows, either by deceit, tomfoolery, or inadvertence.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i was 502'd this morning lol

it isn't smart of town to lynch a person if they aren't really active

this in fact may hurt the town

at this moment i wanna know more on lythium

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer

Because then it'd leave no connection and town with little to work with the next day. Could also be a PR trying to stay out of the spotlight, but staying out of the spotlight for too long will inherently attract attention.

A kill is a kill for mafia. Considering I have no clue as to if there are PRs right now, it's very easy to assume that those who don't post either have 502 johns, or are laying low to hide a PR. Plus, even if that person who doesn't post doesn't have a PR, a Daytime kill that isn't mafia is a boon to Scum. 2 kills in one day? If I were scum, I'd be all over it.
False dilemma. 502, yah, okay ill give you that might be an option, but people have lives heh. Also some playstyles don't call for posting on every little thing. But yeah your second half of that is good and i agree with that for the most part. When it gets closer to the end of games though, I'd really rather not have inactives sitting around while I'm scrambling to find the last scum. It's not a fun endgame situation (read boondock saints mafia for my super **** up on that one)

If I were scum, why would I say that directly after multiple people comment on how playing that way makes you seem scummy? I was just telling the truth about what I'm currently doing since, being a townie, It's better to be truthful most of the time.
I actually..dont understand what this is in response to.

i was 502'd this morning lol

it isn't smart of town to lynch a person if they aren't really active

this in fact may hurt the town

at this moment i wanna know more on lythium
why lythium over others?

define inactive for me

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
well lythium since she has more experience than spire

plus last time she was really inactive

she turned out to be scum

but i guess 502 johns are okay since these past few days sucked

well inactive can be seen in many ways

1. the obvious: is not posting and just lurking all day

2. you can be inactive by posting and not actually helping the group

only posting enough to seem like you are doing something

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
hmm

1) thats just called lurking
2) called posting fluff and general uselessness

inactive for me is when said person isn't posting in the game, or anywhere, as in they are actually busy with IRL johns and aren't keeping up wiht the game

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
It was the first post of the game, and it's called the Random Voting Stage for a reason. I don't really see how this is scummy, but it is early anyway.

I'm not really throwing suspicion on you at this point because I don't know if you're new, but it seems more scummy that you're trying to make an RVS vote into something scummy.

From my experiences, just asking questions really works. Whether they're just questions about the whole game or about something specific, they really help you see things from different people's perspectives which can help you see if they're scum. If someone is dodging questions, you can look into them as potential scum, and just depending on their answers you get a broader view of the game as opposed to just the viewpoint from your role. This is just in my opinion obviously.

Ay yo Spire where you at?
so once you get a broad view, how do you narrow it down?

Wait till the last hours? And if someone claims, then what do we do?
Frown, I'd like this answered

Well, I think it is time to start picking on the lurkers.lol

Somewhere along the line there is a perfect harmony of aggression, alliance forming and lurking. If you are too aggressive, you might get lynched. If you are perfectly townie and everyone feels you are safe then the mafia will kill you off. If you lurk people don't notice you and asked loaded questions, but if you aren't around at all it gets suspicious. There is always some double way to look at everything.
ohai: I'd like you to answer the second part of the question: How do you plan on getting around this double way of looking at things

Let's hope SWF doesn't crash on me again.

I don't think past playstyle with this group is a good idea. They're most likely still trying to figure out a playstyle that works for them, so I like to give them a bit of room.

I really don't know what this question means. If I based my vote completely off of whether someone was new or a vet, that would be incredibly stupid. In that situation, I would try to figure out what the noob was, as I would imagine they're easier to figure out.
I was posing a hypothetical but it was a bad one, disregard.

Seems like I've fallen quite a few flights behind. I'll blame MLG first and school/work second.

To answer your questions from pages ago: I have no concern for how the game works. I'm not well versed in the rules and suggestive lingo, nor do I feel inadequate. I'd rather live or die from my actions, not seek guidance from who may or may not be a twerp and be lead down a path to the gallows, either by deceit, tomfoolery, or inadvertence.
Ok, interesting answer, feel like im working with an EE here. anyway let me pose a question for you. What do you think of the game so far? Any specific things or posts that stand out to you?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Ok, interesting answer, feel like im working with an EE here. anyway let me pose a question for you. What do you think of the game so far? Any specific things or posts that stand out to you?
Only those persistently asking me about what I think of the game. Kind of adds an edge of paranoia.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
What's wrong with an edge of paranoia? Maybe they don't like that you don't really answer anything. Spire, if people don't give their thoughts on the current situation, how does this game move forward?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Nothing's wrong, but it feels oppressive when directed almost entirely at you. Instant interrogation off the getgo is quite a hurdle, but I suppose that's the nature of things given recent developments. So sure, go ahead and ask me what you need, anything you need.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
so once you get a broad view, how do you narrow it down?
As people (inevitably) get killed off, the information from who dies lets me ask more specific questions to the remaining people. Basically, as the player count decreases, it's easier to narrow it down. Alliances or animosity between a living player and a dead one (whether the dead one was scum or town) give me a better chance at finding the scum (much like how Lyth defended DZLE last game and they both turned out scum).

So yeah, I think that makes sense.

I too would like to know more about Lythium.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Nothing's wrong, but it feels oppressive when directed almost entirely at you. Instant interrogation off the getgo is quite a hurdle, but I suppose that's the nature of things given recent developments. So sure, go ahead and ask me what you need, anything you need.
I agree, it's a bit oppressive when you are hounded, but don't you think reactions to said pressure are just as important?

Spire, if you think you've found scum, do you lay out all your cards in one big post by post by analysis or do you slowly trickle out information, let your target rebuttal, then strike back with more evidence?

I don't really understand the love/hate that Spire and Lythium get. Lythium just because she was scum last game?

Spire

III
BRoomer
In all honesty, it depends on the situation and the prosecuted. If it's someone that needs to be called out immediately (due to an overwhelming amount of evidence), one big post detailing why would be appropriate. If much more suspicion is involved, then it'd be good to trickle info to see how they respond. If they suddenly post more than usual following obvious leaked info then you know you may be on to something. The same goes if they stop posting because of it. It's all about reading people's actions and activity. For instance, why am I showing my starting hand right now?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I'm glad you recognize that by asking questions, you ask people to maybe tip their hands that they don't want to reveal. I make this point because I want to point out to others that simply asking questions isn't necessarily townie behavior. Mafia is trying to collect information as well, and we need to remember that.

Purple

Hi guys!
tl;dr of what i read thus far.

There isn't much to base off of day 1 in most setups, unless it is power role specific, except for scumminess based off of your own questions, which could turn out to be something hurtful to town. (read : rocketPsience being pressured and turned out to be town/cop) beneficial if scum slips up (read : me slipping up with a no lynch) or nothing at all (read: generally what's going on now)

While I agree lythium should talk more, i don't think she is immediately scum because she was scum before, or that you guys should be as pressuring on previous scum. People tend to find themselves metagaming how previous mafia plays and bringing accusations that generally don't help town. (however it is possible it can help, however it's bad practice in my opinion). Of course if Lythium agrees and defends someone, and that person turns out to be scum, questions are indeed neccessary.

As dumb as it sounds, and generally scummy as it sounds, i think we should get some information on everyone's gameplay, then proceed with a no lynch -after- everything and everyone has been figured out.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
To expound on that, i make that point because all of you are saying that askign questions seems to be townie behavior. But if we just continue to dig dig and dig we might dig ourselves into some trouble

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
tl;dr of what i read thus far.

There isn't much to base off of day 1 in most setups, unless it is power role specific, except for scumminess based off of your own questions, which could turn out to be something hurtful to town. (read : rocketPsience being pressured and turned out to be town/cop) beneficial if scum slips up (read : me slipping up with a no lynch) or nothing at all (read: generally what's going on now)

While I agree lythium should talk more, i don't think she is immediately scum because she was scum before, or that you guys should be as pressuring on previous scum. People tend to find themselves metagaming how previous mafia plays and bringing accusations that generally don't help town. (however it is possible it can help, however it's bad practice in my opinion). Of course if Lythium agrees and defends someone, and that person turns out to be scum, questions are indeed neccessary.

As dumb as it sounds, and generally scummy as it sounds, i think we should get some information on everyone's gameplay, then proceed with a no lynch -after- everything and everyone has been figured out.
absolutely not. id be content with lynching a few people here rather than going no lynch. How do you plan on gathering information on playstyle? Playstyle is something that is dynamic and can be changed as soon as someone mentions how another plays.

I agree with alot of what you said though. Metagaming shouldn't be used as the basis for a lynch of suspicion.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Spire please enlighten me of your views on Absurdism and the human condition, it's incredibly important in order for the game to advance.
I think because we don't get to choose who or what we are born as, it is our right to analyze existence as we know it and make whatever forms of study or entertainment as we can in the time that we have. Over the thousands and thousands of years that humans have been around, we have been developing and refining technologies such as language, religion, government, and morality to further structure and progress ourselves as a species. At this very moment, I am using the technologies: housing, couch, computer, internet, tv, language, air conditioning, electricity, and am comforted under the law-abiding blanket of modern American society so I don't feel at risk of losing my life right now. Essentially, I am living in a state where I don't need to exercise my instincts at all times, rather having time to focus on logic instead, hence the direction of population control and structuring that this species has developed. We naturally enslave others. We create machines in our image, just as some religions believe that a so called God(s) created us in its/their image. We are that so called "God", and we are analyzing the principles of the universe through the limits of human interpretation so we can further develop our species technologically until we can shed our material humanity and ascend to a complete state of infinite consciousness in what will basically be a super-advanced internet, effectively rendering the mined and transformed earth into our body.

Whoa.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Now that I think about it, Roxy, your last post is kinda contradictory. You say let's not metagame on past games, but then to talk about playstyle would be to talk about something over several games.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
And honestly, my playstyle is definitely not consistent within a game, let alone between games.

Top Bottom