• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Rocket Mafia from the Disco Room: DGames Reject Copy

Motel Vacaville

• I see.

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • My Gosh.

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Thiiiis Guuuuy

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters

Purple

Hi guys!
I'm just saying there are possibilities where it won't work out. It's not exactly that it -always- will never work out.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Of course there are possibilities when certain situations work and when they don't, that's how this game is. I'm saying in order to get the most out of this day, it would be best to lynch someone.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Votes:
-Rei-: ()
Fragbait: ()
DZLE: ()
Mattnumbers: ()
Ndayday: ()
Ohaiduhg: ()
Roxy: ()
Spire: ()
Lythium: Junglefever(
)
Vrael: Ohaiduhg(
)
:034 :: ()
Frown: Fragbait(
)
Junglefever: ()
Not Voting: Roxy, -Rei-, DZLE, Mattnumbers, Ndayday, Spire, Lythium, :034 :, Frown, Vrael(
)

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
WOBBUFFET!
Ndayday has recieved his first warning for inactivity. Ndayday has 24 hours to post or he will be modkilled/replaced.

Purple

Hi guys!
generally a person getting prodded means they might get modkilled, which is bad because it either hurts town (killed with no connection to anyone) or hurts mafia (which generally just isn't for town to win without really doing anything).

It just ruins the game when people don't participate and get modkilled

:034:

Smash Hero
Why would you even mention it would hurt mafia? That's only beneficial to town. Granted, it does make the game a little worse.

:034:

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Why wouldn't we just use a replacement? We have two.

As for my reasoning for bringing up post count, I know it's not solid evidence, but I feel that since we have so little to go off of on day 1 that even the weakest evidence is still evidence. Additionally I remembered how scum acted D1 in the last game, and correlated that to how many posts they had.

I do not have a PR, so if you guys really need to pick someone fairly randomly I wouldn't be a horrible choice at least. Although you WOULD be killing a townie, but I know you can't trust anyone in this game so me saying that means nothing. I'd rather get lynched first day than have town lynch a PR first day on accident.

Also guys, what do you theorize for the amount of mafia and PRs in this game?
13 total, I'm thinking probably:
3-4 Twerps
2-3 PRs (town)
Maybe an indie?
And what about Mafia PRs?
then the remaining 5-6 are regular townies.

To me it seems like having about 1/3 of the players be mafia and about 1/3 be some sort of PR are good estimated proportions, but then again many people here are more experienced than me.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
It's way too early and we know way too little to speculate the set up and numbers and it's sort of detracting from what we were talking about (not what Roxy is talking about).

Matt: No lynch or Lynch today? Why?

Purple

Hi guys!
when you use a replacement, whatever scumminess is on the original person, or was lacked on the original person, tends to carry on to the next, and it's another person you have to overly analyze, however late game i see people ignore the replacement far too often.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Uh duh? If someone was being suspicious obviosuly that scumminess carries over. Being a replacement doesn't give them a free ride of the person they are replacing. They still have the same role. Generally I don't think replacements are ignored since they are usually the ones under scrutiny to begin with and are watched the whole game, at least in my experience as a replacement

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I'd like you to then tell me the pro's and cons of leaving them vs lynching them
Lynching them (cons)
-possible dead PR
-possible -1 for town

(pros)
-info
-possible dead mafia
-possible -1 mafia

leaving them (cons)
-possible mafia is left alive, can lead town the wrong direction
-we don't know for sure what they are (can make us focus too much on them)
-if a PR, mafia will most likely NK the roleclaimer, doc has a somewhat hard decision to make.

(pros)
-if town, they can give us more info, although we don't know if it's reliable

This is unfortunate :(
Either you're trying too hard to be town (possibly mafia), or you made a mistake.
If you know anything about me in the DR, it'd be that it's the room I visit most and unless something really bad happens, I won't be gone for extended periods of time.

FoS: Roxy

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Also I'd like a reason from :034: for his vote

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
@Junglefever: I think that we would do fine with a no-lynch, since we will already get evidence tomorrow based on who gets NKed. Then again a random lynch would be almost or just as good because there are no guarantee's that the NK will reveal anything.

So basically I see it as a low risk: low reward vs. high risk: high reward situation, and I guess in the end I would have to go with a random lynch since with low reward we could easily end up in an equally ambiguous situation tomorrow.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
You guys are all banking way too hard on their being an evidence trail from just the night kill. Random lynch is dumb, a lynch should have a basis or we're all just boned.

Don't put us in that false dilemma like that. We can make an educated lynch if people would be more proactive.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Personally Junglefever you're starting to look more and more suspicious, you're pretty one sided on an obviously ambiguous question.

FoS: Junglefever

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
So saying what I think is hte best course of action is suspicious? You don't have to agree with me, but you said that either we no lynch or random lynch when we dont have to do either.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
hey guys, it's cute that you're giving people finger of suspicion, but maybe not pussyfoot and vote some peeps?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Jungle, I really think you're being too persistent. I may be new to the field, but I know the smell of bull**** and you my friend, have either stepped in some or wash your hair with it. Don't step on your own landmine.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Eh? What do you mean too persistent? In that i want people to stop sitting on the fence about everything? Is that such a bad thing? I'm not attempting to rush anything, but I also think people should stop like lingering around and waiting for something to happen.

Back to frown, yes theres different ways to interpret what's being said. But this game is about analyzation. If we just chose to leave statements as they are then scum can get away with alot of stuff. It's up to us to figure out how to analyze everything and draw out the true meaning of what's being said and what's going on as a whole.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Ahh...

And because this is Team Rocket-themed, will we be incorporating it into our lingo, or will we continue as we've been doing?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
mmmmmmmmm

Generally in themed games, doing so can be seen as breadcrumbing your role, which...can have it's negatives and its positives (Breadcrumbing means hinting at your role without actually saying it, in case you didnt know), but generally giving away a power role with obvious breadcrumbing is bad. Like, It's just the theme of the game that which characters, (maybe) roles and flavor are based around

err i hope that answered your question

if i didnt t

Purple

Hi guys!
Last time Roxy tried showing emotions in mafia (being sad after Elder Sister's death), it eventually got him killed.
i did this in ICM and i almost died, then i started trolling and i was suddenly clear.

I said it was unfortunate because it hurts the game in general, stop making this a metagaming situation, just because it happened one place doesn't mean it'll happen in another.

Yeah guys, vote people, it's the right thing to do obviously.

Bunglefever it just feels like you're pressuring to get the lynch going, or just get pressure going in general, even though you're saying that you don't want that. Random Lynching isn't generally 'random lynching' to the max. It's weeding out who and who we shouldn't lynch, then randomly choosing from who's left.

For example, i'm acting the same (apparently) as i did last game (lol metagaming), lythium is generally quiet, and frown while posting, isn't helping, we might be up for a rl. while players like :034:, spire iv, and junglefever who are well articulate, and mattnumbers (town last game, lol metagaming) is playing the same way he did in flavourless, so they wouldn't be lynched.

Generally this is what lynching a person is day one anyways, whether you like it or not Junglefever, there is no solid information, therefore we are lynching off of assumptions and analyzation (which can be good or bad, people can analyze things differently). Then weeding it down to who is most 'scummy' then voting. Which is a Random Lynch.

Spire

III
BRoomer
We don't want to reflect the Texas Judicial System Salem Witch Trials here. I'm in favor of solid proof over assumptions.

Purple

Hi guys!
'I don't think he's scummy because he's smart'

'he's a good player, let's keep him around'\

'these guys say dumb things'

*lynch amongst those 'dumb' people*

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
If you think i'm basing my suspicions off things like that you're sorely mistaken.

Top Bottom