• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Rocket Mafia from the Disco Room: DGames Reject Copy

Motel Vacaville

• I see.

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • My Gosh.

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Thiiiis Guuuuy

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Yes, those are EM rules, unless the PM specifically states you CANNOT protect yourself, then you can.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
On that note if you are a Doctor and someone who is not Doctor roleclaims as him don't immediately say something, it could just be a townie trying to draw attention off the real doctor. Although it could also be a mafia trying not to get lynched, so use your best judgment.

And I'm just going to go ahead and Vote: Junglefever but only for right now I could easily change it, it just seems silly to only FoS when you are the first to vote on that person.
Generally if someone claims during a day and doesn't die during a night, I like to figure out who they investigated (and hopefully if theres another investigative PR or osmething they can corroborate that). THis has upsides and downsides though obviously.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
It depends Roxy, it's hard to prove that you're saving yourself you konw? it's pretty safe mafia claim. "Im doctor and saving myself every night so i can save people endgame lololol" and then they just ride that out as mafia. It's really not all that busted if you don't rely on PR's and kills to give you everything.

fragbait

Smash Master
Doc being able to protect themselves isn't broke. That just means that Scum can knock off the other PRs without having to worry about protection. Then, eventually, all that will be left to protect is Vanilla and himself :|
WAAAY to early for anyone to have roleclaimed. Let me catch up on the game and I'll post more thoughts.

fragbait

Smash Master
Alrighty...

As it's standing, while my initial suspicions of Frown are still there, more and more, it's seeming that someone is taking a very frontal, and offensive role. While last time I made this statement it led to Vanila, I'm quite confident in saying

UNVOTE
VOTE: JUNGLEFEVER

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Vote Count:
-Rei-: ()
Fragbait: ()
DZLE: ()
Mattnumbers: ()
Ndayday: Junglefever(
)
Ohaiduhg: ()
Roxy: ()
Spire: ()
Lythium: ()
Vrael: ()
:034 :: ()
Frown: Ohaiduhg(
)
Junglefever: Fragbait, Mattnumbers(
)
Not Voting: Roxy, -Rei-, DZLE, Ndayday, Spire, Lythium, :034 :, Frown, Vrael(
)

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I wouldn't vote for Junglefever. He has been helping town quite a lot and it would be bad to lose our most experienced player.
That's an extremely dumb thing to say.
It's as if you know that Jungle is town, you're not even considering that he's mafia.

:034:

Smash Hero
I wouldn't vote for Junglefever. He has been helping town quite a lot and it would be bad to lose our most experienced player.
I've been saying this, too, but there are still two votes on him.
Vote: Mattnumbers

I thought I already had a vote on somebody? Well, it might've gotten lost in a 502 somewhere. :/

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I think he's talking about the most experienced part of that sentence.

Smash Hero
I don't think we should lynch Jungle, at all. Whether or not Jungle is town doesn't matter, he's still the one who motivates town the most. If Jungle is scum, we will find out eventually, but lynching him day 1 might take away town's motivation to post.
Is what I said earlier, for clarification.

Frown

poekmon
Oh.

Well, I kinda trust Jungle and I think he could help town a lot since he's good at this.

OF COURSE, he could just be fooling us all with his skills...

Actually, that got me thinking.

Gonna look at Jungle's posts a little later.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Why is being up front and offensive such a problem?
I'd liek this answered from my voters.

Anyway, it's not like i'm pushing someone's lynch on nothing, or really even pushing a lynch. I'm pushign you guys to be PROactive instead of REactive. We're goign to lose this game if we just keep waiting around for **** to happen. I'm not giving out commands or telling you to do something other than to use your heads.

fragbait

Smash Master
Yes, but you are also somewhat....Hint Dropping? (I'm not sure if that's an appropriate phrase)....that you want certain people in the spotlight. Sure, it may be only slightly flawed logic, and I may just be misreading you, but at this point, my vote stays.
Question to Jungle: If you were scum, D1, What are you doing? How are you keeping from blowing your cover? How do you seem like you are helping town, when in reality, you want to mislead them away from Scum? This is all under the pretense of "If you are scum," please keep this in mind.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Eh? I have certain people in my spotlight because I don't like some of the things they say or their reactions.

Are you asking me "How would I be playing if I were scum?" or "Why would scum play like you are playing right now?"

I guess I'll answer both. Scum strategy is weird in my opinion. It can go from anywhere between lurking and pushing hard on small things. There's being aggressive and obtaining information and then there's tunneling. Scum tend to tunnel then attempt to backtrack, or have covered their tracks by cherry picking certain things that the person they are tunneling on have said. Scum can sit on the sidelines and take jabs or they can be at the forefront leading people off like the pied piper. I can do both, I feel like, it just depends on how the game is going. It might even come down to planning to bus my partner from the very start at D1 (Tom, Macman and I did this D1 of Bruce Willis Mafia, tom tried to bus me hard but hten everyone was like lol Tom pushing bs lynch then i was cleared up until the endgame, mac and i won). Pushing a case on scum is one way to stay safe, agree? As scum, you can also use the fact that we are human, and thus make mistakes. Scum tells can be wrong, since no one is right all the time, if you've hit one scum and give off town vibes but 'accidently' lynch off a townie then you're still fine. How to act townie, is subject person to person.

tl;dr: Scum strategy comes down to the mindset of town. They take advantage of what Town believes in or how they play.

If you want me to explain why scum would play like im playing now, well just look at some people. Even if I might get lynched eventually for leading town in the wrong direction one too many times, that means i've still knocked off a couple townies with me. It makes the ratio better for my teammates and I can set my teammates up with a strategy after I die.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I see being up front and offensive on day 1 as suspicious. This is because you really shouldn't have enough to go off to know exactly what to do. And because of the lack of information, you can seem as helpful as you want without really helping town out all that much at all. Since everything is hypothetical and could go either way, pushing one way makes you seem more dedicated while in reality it isn't actually helping make the right decision since the biggest factor on whether you pick the right one is pure luck.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
We shouldn't have enough to know exactly what to do? Of course I have no idea if I'm going to find scum or not when i raise suspicion, but does that mean we should just do nothing and be passive about everything? Even investigative roles need to be looked at twice because how do you know if someone's lying? The fact of the matter is that town needs to proactively look for scum and not rely on night actions and kills to do ti for you. Guys guess what, you can frame someone with the mafia kill! Connections can be made everywhere, even today. What if mafia uses one of those to their advantage?

tl;dr, you can't play passive and pussyfoot around and expect to win.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Sure it does. it generates discussion and reactions. Answers and reactions are incredibly important when you want to build a case on someone. You can't build a case on night actions alone.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
i thought i was under the most suspicion, but meh.

What's wrong with pressuring someone even if they're posting alot? posting frequently doesn't mean they are being helpful or being protown. IMO i don't really know why i called it a wagon (i think cuz lyth didnt give a reason), but i like my vote here or on Ndayday for toDay.

Top Bottom