• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Rocket Mafia from the Disco Room: DGames Reject Copy

Motel Vacaville

• I see.

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • My Gosh.

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Thiiiis Guuuuy

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters

Purple

Hi guys!
Not you Jungle, it's just an example. This doesn't mean that anyone is doing this now, it doesn't mean that it's going to happen at all. But generally that is what it is.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Yah if everyone was basing their vote of that, then thats random, and also stupid, lol.

What's the problem with lynching off analyzing someones posts?

Purple

Hi guys!
Nothing, especially if we can tell they are mis-leading town and we can can come to a cosensus on it. But what is generally 'mis-leading' town on day one?

Spire

III
BRoomer
No D1 vote. But yeah, unless people blatantly give away big-time info, i.e. "hey guys just so you know, I'm scum," (which could mean they're still town, given the situation), it's up to us all to do the detective work and whittle down people's shells through analysis of their speech and actions, because really, that's all we have.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Nothing, especially if we can tell they are mis-leading town and we can can come to a cosensus on it. But what is generally 'mis-leading' town on day one?
There are several smal l things scum might do (whether they know or not).

Day 1 I generally look for people who fence sit all day (hard with this group :urg:), tend to be passive and let others do the work for them and people who post fluff, don't encourage discussion, or change topics to something that isn't helpful.

Would i push a lynch on this? Absolutely. Part of voting is that it provides pressure on the one being voted. Pressure causes reactions. Reactions give us more insight into the person who is pressured. Might I unvote eventually? Absolutely. There's nothing wrong with using your vote as long as you're smart about it. It's more than just a tool to kill

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
No D1 vote. But yeah, unless people blatantly give away big-time info, i.e. "hey guys just so you know, I'm scum," (which could mean they're still town, given the situation), it's up to us all to do the detective work and whittle down people's shells through analysis of their speech and actions, because really, that's all we have.
Honestly, town never has a reason to lie.
I mean I can't see a situation where it would actually help.

Anyway.
I feel as though Frown or Roxy is mafia.
Frown seems to be really wanting Roxy dead, and points out all his mistakes.
Roxy from earlier. But this isn't much, so I dunno.

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord

Anyway.
I think Frown, but not Roxy.

unvote: Vrael
vote: Frown

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Spire, I'd like to know your thoughts on the actual game so far. AFAIK you haven't posted much about certain players or anything. I asked you this a while back but you never answered.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well, it seems like there are those that are deliberately "posting with influence" for a reason, not just to find out how people like myself think of the game so far. Then there are the more bystanding people.

I would like to say that I've been suspicious of Frown from the getgo but have not voiced my opinion until now. I can't say I would vote yet, but I'm on the brink of wanting to lynch him.

Spire

III
BRoomer
The Priers:
- Junglefever
- Frown
- Roxy
- Vrael
- Mattnumbers (to some degree)

The Interrogative Counterpicks:
- :034:
- Lythium
- ohaiduhg
- -Rei-
- Ndayday

The Bystanders:
- Spire
- DZLE
- fragbait

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
What do those titles mean? What are the pro's and con's of being in each list? Are you content with waiting for things to happen?

Purple

Hi guys!

Anyway.

soft claiming doctor so mafia kills you (even though you're only vanilla townie), and doctor lives another day.

Frown should die because he's pointing out my mistakes and flaws?

...alright.

ndayday

BRoomer
I believe I acknowledged the fact that it isn't much, and reinforced it further by not voting.

Spire

III
BRoomer
What do those titles mean? What are the pro's and con's of being in each list? Are you content with waiting for things to happen?
The Priers have pried at others more than the Interrogative Counterpicks, who have simply shown activity, knowledge of the game, and a slight in asking questions, but not to the degree that the Priers have. The Bystanders are those that either haven't shown much activity or are still looking on for direction.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
soft claiming doctor so mafia kills you (even though you're only vanilla townie), and doctor lives another day.

...alright.
rPSI tried to do this last time (albeit with cop) and ended up getting lynched. And Ndayday, the real cop, got killed by Mafia.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
This is assuming the doctor doesnt come out and go "NO LOL IM DOCTOR" and then we know one of them is lying. ANd then we're left in a really poop situation. There are indeed certain gambits that work, but they need to be played very carefully. Your example is one that can go very wrong in many many ways, not really worth imo.

Yeah ndayday i dont get it either. Why frown? can you go into a bit more detail on that? you look like youre grasping.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
FoS's definitely =/= votes. otherwise they'd vote. FoS imo is a way of saying 'I think you could be scum but i'll put that thought on the backburner for now" and I personalyl generally only FoS if i have my vote on someone else and i really believe that person is mafia.

Vrael - gambitting cop and gambitting doctor are pretty different imo for a few reasons, but it deals in alot of hypotheticals and WIFOM bull**** and I'm lazy.

Spire - So like, you put yourself in the "Looking for direction" catagory, What exactly is it that you are waiting for? Do you have something in mind or do you just not know?

ndayday

BRoomer
Only thing with Frown is that he has been consistently on Roxy for a while. It just seemed to me like he was really pushing for people to notice small things about him and vote.

But eh. I don't think anyone is really vote worthy right now. I don't think FoS=vote like Roxy said.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Vrael - gambitting cop and gambitting doctor are pretty different imo for a few reasons, but it deals in alot of hypotheticals and WIFOM bull**** and I'm lazy.
Yeah, I know. I'm just saying that that's what can happen when you fake claim. That's pretty much a worst case scenario though. But yeah, doctor adds a lot more potential scenarios. They're not the same thing, but they're similar enough to make a general comparison imo.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Theres a big difference when it comes to dealing with the claims. There can definitely be more than one cop in the game, the idea of two doctors is pretty out there.

@daddy: What's wrong with that, in reality? Puzzle pieces make up a big finished picture. Start with something, and you keep building and getting reactions. You can stop at any time if you feel a town vibe, or keep pushing if you feel a scum vibe.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yes I'm still looking for direction. Judging from the course of action so far, I have something in mind of what the near future brings. I've nothing more to say right now though.

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
I'd like to say this comes off as suspicious to me, and I didn't give a reason for my vote.

Matt, that's gonna get you killed.
Edit: By town, obviously.
Did you really need to say by town? Shouldn't that have been assumed?
which led to

Ah come on. I'm just trying to specify my point.

And if I WERE mafia, WHY in the name of anything would I want to kill of a person who doesn't post at all?
2 is based largely off the assumption that there are any connections at all the the person mafia kills. I can think of a few people right now that if mafia were to kill (and we were to no lynch) we would still be in the dark with almost nothing to work with still.

Frown

poekmon
Did you really need to say by town? Shouldn't that have been assumed?
which led to
I already explained this - I just wanted to clarify since Mattnumbers seems to be new to this thing.

If I was mafia, personally saying that I would kill a person would just be stupid. Way too stupid.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Jungle, I really think you're being too persistent. I may be new to the field, but I know the smell of bull**** and you my friend, have either stepped in some or wash your hair with it. Don't step on your own landmine.
This is what I was saying basically if you misinterpreted my post.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
Hey Rei,

whats goin on buddy?
well at the moment the only people that seem a little suspicious atm is frown

only because i feel he is really searching looking over too much on roxy

also i feel something coming from ohaiduhg

but i'm not sure atm

it could be only about that comment on how this game is luck

but nothing that make him seem scummy

i also feel that roxy is slightly making frown seem scummy

but it also seems that he is defending him

with this post:

...alright.

on topic on role-claiming: i don't think anyone should reveal there role especially on d1.

also since last game someone falsely claimed which lead the town to have a bad turn of events.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
On that note if you are a Doctor and someone who is not Doctor roleclaims as him don't immediately say something, it could just be a townie trying to draw attention off the real doctor. Although it could also be a mafia trying not to get lynched, so use your best judgment.

And I'm just going to go ahead and Vote: Junglefever but only for right now I could easily change it, it just seems silly to only FoS when you are the first to vote on that person.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
but how would the townie know if that who the real doctor is?

btw what does FoS mean?

Purple

Hi guys!
Vote counts are nice.

Usually if someone claims doctor and they don't die the next day, there's something wrong.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I can't get the count right now b/c my .txt file is at home and I'm at school. :urg:

:034:

Smash Hero
Vote counts are nice.

Usually if someone claims doctor and they don't die the next day, there's something wrong.
Not at all. If I claim doctor and protect myself, I wouldn't die. Another situation, mafia could choose not to kill the doc in the hope town would lynch the doc as a result.

I don't think we should lynch Jungle, at all. Whether or not Jungle is town doesn't matter, he's still the one who motivates town the most. If Jungle is scum, we will find out eventually, but lynching him day 1 might take away town's motivation to post.

As of now, I think we should be going for a lynch. We still have time to figure out a reasonable lynch. If we can get rid of scum day 1, that would be great, but if we can hit one of the more useless, non-contributing townies, we'll get more information. Mafia will most likely nightkill somebody who doesn't do a whole lot so that town gets left with little info. If we don't lynch on top of that, we won't have anything more to work with day 2.

:034:

Top Bottom