• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Rocket Mafia from the Disco Room: DGames Reject Copy

Motel Vacaville

• I see.

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • My Gosh.

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Thiiiis Guuuuy

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters

DZLE

Smash Master
Oh. Well, my vote was quite random. Also
FoS: DZLE
Scum in one game, scum in the next xD
Ouch, right off the bat, huh?
DZLE - what did you learn from your first game? Do you feel replacing is different than starting from the beginning? why?
Well I played my first game as scum, and from that point of view, I learned not to trust anyone but your fellow scum. But as a townie, you must not trust anyone. Even the roleclaimers. If somebody roleclaims you can't trust them until something is proven. (See: Ndayday acting cop, then dying, proving cop. See: rPSI claiming odd cop, dying, and not being it.)

I think it'll be much better for me to be here from the start. As much as I caught up jumping in as a replacement, I couldnt see the times, feeling, and tenseness very well Because I didn't know the intense moments. I just read through them.

But now, i'm here, and ready to play!

Now i'll ask you a question in return:
In your experience, what is a common mistake scum makes, that makes them look really scummy, without them trying to make it so?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
That's a loaded question DZLE. There's really no such thing as a 'general scum tell' or a general town tell. Reasoning is everything, in my opinion. Being flippy floppy is generally viewed as scummy, but what if someone is really thowing them off? Guess what guys, we aren't perfect, we are going to be wrong about our views. There will be times someone will bring up a compelling argument on someone that has alot of merit. If i have my vote on someone else then i switch to that saying "x presented a solid case on y especially part a and b. also i noticed y was doing this in post _ as well," i wouldn't cal that scummy. However, there's a difference between this and trying to jump on a wagon that's easy and looking opportunistic. You should know why cases are strong and why you agree with them or disagree with them. It's the strength of your argument and your own analysis of someone elses case (or your own) that matter.

i think that makes sense.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
@Jungle

I don't know who I would want in endgame out of this group.
The game has just begun, you know. You can't really base your suspicions on past games unless people have a really consistent playstyle, imo. Dunno if I answered your question, wasn't all that clear to me.

Spire: First game?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
No I'd actually like you to answer that question. Why are you afraid to base of past playstyle? How would you feel if it was a newbie + you + another vet? would you trust the vet or the noobie? why? I'll ask again: Who would you feel most comfortable with in a Lynch or Lose situation? why?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Actually I'd like to pose thsi question for you as well

How do you think we should handle role claims? Should we give them the benefit of the doubt and leave the WIFOM for the next day, or lynch them? why?

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
I like to think of the game tactic as Townies want their team to win and Scum want to kill off the Townies coming on to the plan and showing complete Towniesm. No I haven't played before and this website has been weird with Gateway Errors so I haven't been able to post but now it seems fine oh and yeah

easter johns
Anyways, I don't have a vote. right now. I'm working on it.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Vote Count
-Rei-: ()
Fragbait: ()
DZLE: ()
Mattnumbers: ()
Ndayday: ()
Ohaiduhg: ()
Roxy: Vrael(
)
Spire: Roxy(
)
Lythium: Junglefever(
)
Vrael: ()
:034 :: ()
Frown: ()
Junglefever: Fragbait(
)
Not Voting: -Rei-, DZLE, Mattnumbers, Ndayday, Ohaiduhg, Spire, Lythium, :034 :, Frown(
)

With 13 it takes 7 to lynch.

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
The twerp mafia is voting itself to appear neutral. It's day one, too and I felt like voting for Vrael. Votes aren't final until the end of the day. Obviously, it is hard to really read anything anyone says with nothing to correlate anything to, so a starting point is nice.

DZLE

Smash Master
It it ALWAYS ALWAYS worth it to read whats been said so far.

If you miss one thing, it could cost you the game imo. No matter how insignificant.

:034:

Smash Hero
:034: - You play on SmashNL correct? Have you ever been scum? Indy? How do you approach closed set ups such as this?
I have played on /nl/, but the players are a lot worse there than they are here. I have been scum once in about 10+ games, never Indy. I performed very badly as scum, to be quite honest. I'm here too to learn from better players, so you could very well consider me a first time player.

Closed set ups I usually don't bother trying to find out which role everyone has - this doesn't benefit me or town in any way. In my eyes, someone is either town or scum: I don't really care what kind of "extra's" you might (or might not) have. I also feel that anybody trying to find out somebody else's role, that's pretty scummy behavior.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
The twerp mafia is voting itself to appear neutral. It's day one, too and I felt like voting for Vrael. Votes aren't final until the end of the day. Obviously, it is hard to really read anything anyone says with nothing to correlate anything to, so a starting point is nice.
It was the first post of the game, and it's called the Random Voting Stage for a reason. I don't really see how this is scummy, but it is early anyway.

I'm not really throwing suspicion on you at this point because I don't know if you're new, but it seems more scummy that you're trying to make an RVS vote into something scummy.

Vrael - Whats the best way to gain information from someone?
From my experiences, just asking questions really works. Whether they're just questions about the whole game or about something specific, they really help you see things from different people's perspectives which can help you see if they're scum. If someone is dodging questions, you can look into them as potential scum, and just depending on their answers you get a broader view of the game as opposed to just the viewpoint from your role. This is just in my opinion obviously.

Ay yo Spire where you at?

Purple

Hi guys!
RVS stage shouldn't be taken seriously, it's exactly what it stands for, a random voting stage. Where people joke around and vote random people, eventually those votes will be taken off and we will be playing normally; on that note.

unvote

question for ohaiduhg - how much do you play mafia?

question to everyone, what are you truly looking for with your questions?

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I'm looking for clarity and information through questions (I haven't really asked any serious ones yet). Pretty much just what I said at the end of my last post.

Purple

Hi guys!
Sounds about right.

So everyone, What would mafia be looking to do at a time like D1? I personally think they would just lurk throughout today, since it's generally a day of question asking.

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
You act like it is hard to lie over the internet. No I don't play Mafia. I know the rules and set-up and such.

One could also assume lurkers are town not wanting to be spotlighted, because everyone likes to throw out useless questions then make assumptions. Nothing has really even been said.

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
As far as random voting, it can still amount to something if proven to not have been so random later on.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Sounds about right.

So everyone, What would mafia be looking to do at a time like D1? I personally think they would just lurk throughout today, since it's generally a day of question asking.

This is another loaded question. Any answer to this question allows scum to adjust themselves early.

Smash Hero
Weird question if you ask me. All I'd like to say is that talking is the greatest benefit for town. Knowing this, there's no way scum would just lurk and try to take things easy.

Frown

poekmon
Basically - don't post too much, don't post too little, whether you're mafia or not.

At the moment, I pretty much suspect everyone equally as much since nothing big has happened yet.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Also, why are people on Spire's jock lol? There's several people who have yet to post. My vote stays on lythium till my question gets answered from her

Spire

III
BRoomer
Howdy. I'm currently listening to a bunch of pointless tutorials with the overlay of some good ol' Italian pop songs and wondering just what the Rocket community is getting so befuddled about. Anyone on my jock can get off now.

Frown

poekmon
Frown - you learned alot last game, whats the best way to build a case on someone? is it to poke and prod and slowly release information or to build one large post by post analysis? why?
I don't think it's very easy to come to any conclusions toDay, unless a mafia member screws up completely. I say we just wait until the very last hours before the Day ends if we are to lynch anyone at all.

When it comes to HOW to find one, I think we should just keep posting until we can filter out those members that seem to get along especially well.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I'll answer questions later, I had answered them earlier but SWF decided to crash.

Spire this is your first game, right?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I don't think it's very easy to come to any conclusions toDay, unless a mafia member screws up completely. I say we just wait until the very last hours before the Day ends if we are to lynch anyone at all.

When it comes to HOW to find one, I think we should just keep posting until we can filter out those members that seem to get along especially well.
Wait till the last hours? And if someone claims, then what do we do?

fragbait

Smash Master
To answer questions posed to all:

In random voting stage, I'm simply looking for any habits and inconsistancies in posting style, as well as small details.
If I was scum D1, I would definantly lay low, only posting as much as needed, and not contributing to scumhunt.

fragbait

Smash Master
Also, FoS: Spire
He's making an attempt to take heat of himself through "I do other things while I'm Online." While this is mostly a legit answer, the styling of it is also somewhat agressive.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Did you know some people encode messages in their posts?
Or they use patterns to breadcrumb stuff?
Can you think of a reason that someone would do this?

i THInk that you Should pay attentionIon to thingS like that. you Never knOw whaT people aRE thinking or how they will sAy something. sometimes you have to Look deep into stuff.

Smash Hero

Just waiting around won't do us any good. Scum can easily cruise by us if we let that happen.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I'm okay with Roxy dying if he keep sbeing useless/continues to not make promised posts.

Top Bottom