• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

team or basic

ziflak

Smash Rookie
bored of other games i went back to brawl and , devoid of friends that still play, i got on random wifi
. I played teams like i used to because i enjoy teaming up and like having one enimy instead of one. Now due to my long break im not as good as i used to be but i did not find one satisfying match because i couldnt get any kos due to lag and "cheapness". I ran into pikaspam, kirbycide, upsmash happy lucas, and super camper pit. The only person i managed to ko with was snake (grenade drop is my answer to cheap campy ppl). I never liked playing basic because i just dont like the free for all kind of play,but should i switch? are the best brawlers on basic? should i quit random period?

summery: team brawl to full of cheap campy people should i switch to basic?

ED-209

Smash Rookie
Team Brawl is full of cheap, annoying people with items.
Basic Brawl is full of cheap, annoying people with items and taunt parties. Take your pick.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
There's a MUCH better chance at getting a somewhat-decent group in teams. You can even go into spectator mode and compare your options there. There are less taunt parties in teams, since you can break them up pretty easily, and I've actually come across a few rare groups where everyone has some form of smash knowledge

K 2

Smash Lord
I've never gotten someone on team or basic brawl. No one in the entire world wants to play with me...

Flimzee

Smash Rookie
I suggest Playing them both. Sometimes you may find good oponents & the rest of the sometimes cheap campy noobs spamers

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
I've never gotten someone on team or basic brawl. No one in the entire world wants to play with me...
Oh, So sad :(

Anyway, Its hard to say, Team is normally great & fun, But sometimes I find it bad, Because sometimes you run into someone who won't help you at all...

Basic is good, But for some reason I never get to find anyone on wifi :confused: Well, Maybe I find it good because I normally don't do basic

rayman1234

Smash Cadet
I think basic is better. teams can be fun but its really annoying when you get the person that DOES NOT play. they're both terrible though.

SarahHarp

Smash Apprentice
Both have their ups and downs.

In basic, there's a greater chance of finding dissatisfying matches due to all the crap that people deem "fun" on there (ie: taunts parties). There's also the chance for lame CPU players to be forced in too.

In teams, all it takes is for one player to be of sub-par skill and the entire match, and every match thereafter, is basically one sided (ie: whoever has that player as a teammate can pretty much expect to lose). I can't recall how many times this has happened and because I have some of the worst luck around, these players end up -staying- on my team, which completely leeches the last drop of fun out of it.

I prefer basic because of the team issue. However, when 4 equally skilled players are matched up together in a team battle, then I find it to be more enjoyable. Then again, when I end up making alliances in basic, it pretty much becomes a team battle, only better in that "friendly fire" is "on".

-=Blaze=-

Smash Rookie
I rarely found someone at teams, and what I do in basic is pray to only have human players, because i hate cpu's, if i wanted to play with cpus I would go to one player mode.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
, these players end up -staying- on my team, which completely leeches the last drop of fun out of it.
Haha. I opened a Team thing while reading this, and there was this HORRIBLE Diddy Kong on my team who completely refused to leave after several rounds. I wanted to cry.

Top Bottom