• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Fortress 2

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
My source is Pyyyour's own stream. He had it as his title and he also talked about it + extv has mentioned it in their tf2 news shows. I remember the MGE cup but that doesn't count in how they do in an actual match. TLR looked more tryhard and highground searching than Platinum. I think Platinum is better at this moment seeing as his damage output is just amazing. Shrugger hasn't been playing well atm while Enigma has. Ruwin is playing really good aswell.
Alright, let's say this team truly exists. Fantastic players do not always make a fantastic team. Proven with Flow, LAN performance is what matters, not the regular season. While Check Six showed that a 16-0 season could lead to a LAN victory, Mihaly's Flow could not.

Right, DM is not equivalent to match play, gamesense, etc. but in terms of the passive pocket TLR has Platinum beat. Damage output also isn't equivalent to match play either - Platinum put out insane damage in all the matches Mixup had vs. LG but still lost. Shrugger performed excellently during the regular season, but he struggled at LAN, in a no ping environment which gives Scouts a minor nerf. In terms of a pair, Ruwin and Shrugger have better coordination together having played a season together (and with Pyyyour, too), whereas Ruwin and Enigma have not.

The problem I have with Invite is the lack of cohesion. People are always trying to form the "superstar" team and it's just...tiring, to be honest. I miss the old seasons when teams would stay together for a few seasons. Leviathan Gaming is the best example of this, with the roster making a few changes each season but the core remains, maintaining three championships in six seasons. If this new team manages to take the LAN, there will just be another superstar team formed for the next season to dethrone them. More cohesion in teams will have the potential to have sponsors to help grow the scene, sponsors certainly won't try to work with a team if the roster is just going to juggled around next season.

TL;DR version - superstar teams are lame (even though Pyyyour is amazing) and TF2 needs more cohesion.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
My Scoot hat would outvalue the hats/miscs of the entire team combined if I played, though. That's not good synergy.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
We should all play with no hats or miscs and be known as that cool team who's too cool for hats :cool:

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
F2Pers usually wear the crappy promo hats they do have

And we can prove that we're not F2Pers by beating everyone ;)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I really wish when people traded they wouldn't stick so strictly to the spreadsheet prices I don't know why everyone tells me I'm overpricing when I go slightly above the aforementioned price on there when prices CAN vary on the spreadsheet

Veetaak

Smash Lord
Alright, let's say this team truly exists. Fantastic players do not always make a fantastic team. Proven with Flow, LAN performance is what matters, not the regular season. While Check Six showed that a 16-0 season could lead to a LAN victory, Mihaly's Flow could not.

Right, DM is not equivalent to match play, gamesense, etc. but in terms of the passive pocket TLR has Platinum beat. Damage output also isn't equivalent to match play either - Platinum put out insane damage in all the matches Mixup had vs. LG but still lost. Shrugger performed excellently during the regular season, but he struggled at LAN, in a no ping environment which gives Scouts a minor nerf. In terms of a pair, Ruwin and Shrugger have better coordination together having played a season together (and with Pyyyour, too), whereas Ruwin and Enigma have not.

The problem I have with Invite is the lack of cohesion. People are always trying to form the "superstar" team and it's just...tiring, to be honest. I miss the old seasons when teams would stay together for a few seasons. Leviathan Gaming is the best example of this, with the roster making a few changes each season but the core remains, maintaining three championships in six seasons. If this new team manages to take the LAN, there will just be another superstar team formed for the next season to dethrone them. More cohesion in teams will have the potential to have sponsors to help grow the scene, sponsors certainly won't try to work with a team if the roster is just going to juggled around next season.

TL;DR version - superstar teams are lame (even though Pyyyour is amazing) and TF2 needs more cohesion.
I agree with you that teams would be better off just sticking together but it's not always realistic as players lose dedication or are just not improving as much as they need/want to. I like Shrugger, his numbers did not look great at lan but the little bits I specced him he seemed to do good. Although, even his own team go around saying "Shrugger build" etc (not sure how serious) which makes me think flow wasn't really happy with his current skill.

I'm not sure how good team chemistry this new team can achieve but all players are LAN proven which should give you some hope.

Btw did Shrugger play in Open last season? Iow was this his first one in Invite? I've heard his dm is better than his overall skill.

Your thoughts are probably more accurate because I've not been keeping up with competetive tf2 for long, I am just speaking from my little time watching all of them play.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So basically a few days myself I crafted myself a dirty Team Captain and by now I managed to procure a legit Team Captain so now I want to sell my dirty one. How much would a dirty one go for?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
So basically a few days myself I crafted myself a dirty Team Captain and by now I managed to procure a legit Team Captain so now I want to sell my dirty one. How much would a dirty one go for?
It's usually 1/2 of the craft hat's value.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I agree with you that teams would be better off just sticking together but it's not always realistic as players lose dedication or are just not improving as much as they need/want to. I like Shrugger, his numbers did not look great at lan but the little bits I specced him he seemed to do good. Although, even his own team go around saying "Shrugger build" etc (not sure how serious) which makes me think flow wasn't really happy with his current skill.

I'm not sure how good team chemistry this new team can achieve but all players are LAN proven which should give you some hope.

Btw did Shrugger play in Open last season? Iow was this his first one in Invite? I've heard his dm is better than his overall skill.

Your thoughts are probably more accurate because I've not been keeping up with competetive tf2 for long, I am just speaking from my little time watching all of them play.
"Shrugger build" meaning they need him to build uber with the Boston Basher / Three Rune Blade, as it is a very fast way of building percentage since the Scout is constantly taking damage from the bleed effect.

Season 11 was Shrugger's first in Invite. Shrugger was known of showcasing brilliant DM in various PUG and was picked over the veteran Justin because Flow had wanted to (a0 see what Shrugger could do and (b) pick the Scout with "the higher highs and subsequently lower lows" (Shrugger) over stable consistency (Justin). Outside of Shrugger, the rest of the team had LAN experience.

Oh and regarding Platinum vs. TLR in the pocket slot, this team needs Platinum on Demoman because he was the closest anyone else ever came to matching b4nny, and you need to at least match or be close to matching b4nny's damage output, which is what Platinum is capable of. Speaking of Soldiers, they should've kept Wonderwall or something, Harbleu's antics at Soldier tend to be erratic and disappointing, but if he's roaming I guess that would make some sense.

Veetaak

Smash Lord
"Shrugger build" meaning they need him to build uber with the Boston Basher / Three Rune Blade, as it is a very fast way of building percentage since the Scout is constantly taking damage from the bleed effect.

Season 11 was Shrugger's first in Invite. Shrugger was known of showcasing brilliant DM in various PUG and was picked over the veteran Justin because Flow had wanted to (a0 see what Shrugger could do and (b) pick the Scout with "the higher highs and subsequently lower lows" (Shrugger) over stable consistency (Justin). Outside of Shrugger, the rest of the team had LAN experience.

Oh and regarding Platinum vs. TLR in the pocket slot, this team needs Platinum on Demoman because he was the closest anyone else ever came to matching b4nny, and you need to at least match or be close to matching b4nny's damage output, which is what Platinum is capable of. Speaking of Soldiers, they should've kept Wonderwall or something, Harbleu's antics at Soldier tend to be erratic and disappointing, but if he's roaming I guess that would make some sense.
I've gotten the feeling that "Shrugger Builds" means that he isn't that good for anything besides building uber.

Other than that I pretty much agree with what you said.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Shrugger is a passive Scout, meaning they're usually out of fights until damage has been thrown down by the aggressive Scout, roaming Soldier, and Demoman. If you watched any of Flow's POV uploads, Shrugger hangs around Pyyyour until after the fight (or close to) to clean up. Shrugger is a very obedient Scout and so is easy for Pyyyyour to utilize with calls, etc.

Like I said, in terms of skill / talent I would easily say Enigma over Shrugger but Shrugger has the compatibility / experience with Ruwin. If you're going to try and showcase a superstar North American team at a European LAN, I'd rather select a Scout pair that has played together for three months than a Scout pair that has played together for like three weeks.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Fuelbi I will buy that TC. What're you asking?
3 refined?

Also I prefer to not use the spreadsheet. It's never 100% accurate anyways and besides it doesn't say anything about a dirty Team Captain there so yeah
:phone:

EDIT: Also I realized, I don't have gift wrap. I'll get back to you on that when I get some gift wrap later

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Hmmmm I could do 3 ref, sure.
I'll get back to you on that later I gotta go get some giftwrap first

And I found a Magnificent Mongolian today. Holy **** it's been years since I found a hat last time I found one was an Officer's Ushanka like the very first day I started playing the game

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
All the spreadsheet does is reflect the prices people sell them for in-game. If people start selling buds for 25 keys for some reason instead of 24, the spreadsheet will change to reflect that. The spreadsheet doesn't dictate prices, players dictate the spreadsheet's prices.

M@v

Subarashii!
Meh spreadsheet is spreadsheet. everyone on tf2 outpost seems to trade for lower than it.

Also

*puts shades on*

Bloody hell.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
If anyone out there has a Genuine Dashin Hashshashin that they're willing to trade off I'll take it off your hands I can offer up the equivalent of 5 keys in metal I got the funds

EDIT: Also selling a Chieftain's Challenge, a Counterfeit Billycock, and a Hermes

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Hey Fuelbi guess when the last time I found a hat was?

Never.

Also people learn competitive 6's or something and be awesome.
Maybe the day you spare .50$ for a sticky jumper and get premium is the day you'll find yourself a hat :p

I have a regular clean Hashashin if you want to buy THAT instead.
Ehhhhhh I'd prefer a Genuine one. I have the funds for it and it honestly bothers me to not buy something in Genuine if I can clearly afford it and have stuff left over

EDIT: Christ nobody has this hat at all. I've been looking for the past 12 hours, 6 of them being dedicated to a normal Dashin before I got funds for a Genuine one and I only got one offer which I ended up losing anyways because the guy was trying to overprice me on it

Morin0

Smash Lord
I once bought a hat at the MannCo store and that same day I got the same hat from a drop.

I still have both in my BP, lol. It's the Pyro's Birdcage.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Heh, if anyone's desperate for a team captain, they're on sale for a little over a buck.

Top Bottom