• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Australia - Lain/Oats/Havok/Hall Fan Club (July 2 - July 26)

Sieg

Smash Champion
Just on reading that NCT2 article.

"Combinations, according to Cao, are the most effective ways to vanquish opponents."

Words of wisdom.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Alright so deltas prices sky rocketed since i missed the sale prices would of cost us $3000 per person so i had to go with V Australia

Reservation Number 5V6BN5
Booking Date Wednesday 08th April 2009
Status Confirmed
Total Paid $ 2567.56 AUD <--- thats a combined for both of us

we will be departing from Brisbane at 11am and arriving in LAX at 7am (an hour after you guys.... hope you can wait around for us)

and we will be departing from LAX at 11.45pm on the 18th.

apparently im going to need - The address of where you will be staying in the USA. so Cao Antho said something about your hooking us up with a place when we get there? im sure that will do. could you give that to us

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Billy you nublet. I'm departing a day before you >.<

Ultra lamez.

EDIT: This means I'm gonna be going back by myself...
Lonely plane flight will be lonely.

At least it'll give me time to take down notes and begin writing my Genesis Novella.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
i know that :(. i tried to get that same date but it would of cost me liek $1000 return. sign sucks i know but i wasnt going to pay $3000 just on a flight

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
lol your fault antho you should of told me earlier then friday afternoon about the flights going up. i was working friday-tuesday :'(

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'll just have to be a man like Cao and fly back by myself.
I guess I could also bring some thick books to read for the trip or something.
Or obtain fire emblem for my DS and play that.

Or Download Melee, get a GCN USB adapter and play it on my laptop.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
give me the link and ill download melee for you antho. Hows that for making up for the trip back

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Ouch, that's seriously gotta suck.

I just got my tickets with Delta this morning, when they were merely $1251. I barely scraped in. >.>

So, I'm basically reconfirmed for the trip.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
The new title of this thread is likely to make you all piss your pants in joy.

EVO 2009 dates have been announced and it's being held the weekend after Genesis, in Las Vegas Nevada (a 4 hour drive from Los Angeles).

It's being hosted by JV and Nealdt from AllisBrawl, and has probably the best Brawl ruleset I've ever seen.

If you're sticking around for this long, you now get back-to-back extremely large tournaments to go to.

Oh, and did I mention the world's largest SF4 tournament? :grin:

--------

Billy - I'll confirm housing for everyone soon. We've basically got 3 picks (all-invite Smash Houses) to pick from. One near Disneyland and Anaheim Station, one in Cerritos, which is near suburban LA/Long Beach and one in Santa Barabara, which is 2 hours drive from LA, but it's one of the nicest towns in California.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
OH MY ****ING GOD!

CAO!

I ****ING LOVE YOU SO MUCH OH MY ****ING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I GET TO GO TO EVO!

Its been my dream since 2004 to go to evo :O i think im going to cry.

But anyway have you got an address for the place we are staying? i need it for my flight apparently?

Looks like EVO replaced Brawl with TvC

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Billy, just to let you know, there's hourly flights from Las Vegas to LAX for about $50(US) per person. It can get you to LAX in about an hour.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
CAO i love you even more. Just talking to Alison looks like we will leave at about 6-7pm on the saturday then and just catch a plane to LAX :O Im so ****ing excited

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
so anyways I think we should organize to hopefully all stay together if possible, or at least the metaknights crew needs to stay together for epicness.

plus I just remember gords telling me that xs (adaptogenic herbs) is the number 1 selling energy drink in America so that would explain why they are all so good, there goes our trump card

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
No joke, this adventure will require some serious trip and cost planning, since California is NOT a cheap destination. Even with free accomodation, you will burn through your wallet merely by eating and traveling all over the place (and doing all of these things we're planning). Youre likely to spend $100 a day, so please, budget yourselves for that.

Also, since the Aussie contigent is now large, keep in mind this is a blessing but also a curse.

It's great because you get to do this adventure together, but it also slows people down and resticts your options a bit more.

Likely scenario you're going to face:
- Group needs to be at place X at a certain time, but has to wait for someone cus they are slow, time wastage
- Person X wants to do activity A, but person Y wants to do activity B
- Person X has money, person Y doesnt, get left out
- It'll be hard to travel if carpools are being organised cus there's so many of us - public transport in California generally sucks (but is cheap)
- People will split (like me often, since I have many other agendas)
- We have no cell phones to contact each other (I have one, but I need to reactive it)

So yeah, if there's anything people want to do specifically let me know, so I can develop a proper itenary for everyone. Serious planning

Billy I love you too

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
hmm that could work, I'd need to learn the american road rules though but its an option, I also have a friend who has a dual citizenship and goes to american everynow and then and I'm pretty sure he has an american phone that he takes with him to use there, perhaps I can snag that off him

edit- apprently you need to be 21 or 25 to get said liscence I'll look into it

Sieg

Smash Champion
HAHAHAHA. Never. EVER. Drive around California. It is the worst place in the world to drive, and it will be especially hard for you to get used to the switched American sides.

Also why do you need an American cell phone? My phone worked fine when I was over there.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I've driven in Calfornia before, its easy. And I don't even have a licence. I was also going 140-150 kmph :)

USA's cell phone network that's different to the rest of the world, so most of our phones won't work Stateside. You'll need to check first to see if your phone is compatible with US standards, but in most cases it's not.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I leave on the 17th
:(

EDIT: I could probably come for the first day. But I'd have to leave at about 5pm - 6pm to fly to LAX to catch my 10:30pm flight back to Sydney.

: /

Guess I gotta decide whether that's worth the extra money :O
But then, I dun wanna hang around LA by myself on the last day rofl.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Strange. Mine just caught on with the network and it worked fine.

Have you guys used international roaming?

Where the hell were you driving lol. We were on Hollywood Blvd and we saw like 10 near misses the first night. Everyone has like no clue.

Also turning right on red lights.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Brawl doesn't start til the 18th at EVO
:MegaSadFace:

Oh well.
It's not like I can change my ticket anyway >.>

Not much real point in me going all the way to Vegas just to come back the same day after not really doing anything rofl. I'll just chill with LA smashers, shop, then haul *** over to the airport later that night :(

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
There'll always be a next time. I think.
Genesis I can't miss because of Melee nostalgia.

Brawl and EVO will be around for years and years to come.

I LAG

Smash Lord
i love Allisbrawl's stage list its perfect imo nice and small with no stupid stages like shadow moses or big blue

Sieg

Smash Champion
When you say Shadow Moses is stupid your calling Metal Gear stupid.

I'll kill you.

On that note, it is a pretty good stage list, it's very no nonsense.

Top Bottom