• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Australia - Lain/Oats/Havok/Hall Fan Club (July 2 - July 26)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
What days are people wanting to return?

CAO is most likely doing his own things, hence why he's returning the 24th.

Are people fine with returning the 20th as a group, or what?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Ah, on the topic of Travel Insurance, what do you reccomend?

My dad wants me to get travel insurance, but I'm not sure about what to do in that department.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
URGENT NOTICE GUYS

The current Delta sale for flights between 3rd of July to 31st of October is ENDING ON MONDAY AFTERNOON.

YOU PRETTY MUCH ONLY HAVE UNTIL THIS WEEKEND TO BOOK YOUR TICKETS OR THE PRICES COULD BE DIFFERENT (and most likely higher)

I have booked my flights today.
I am doing 3rd of july, returning 20th of july.
I did it through flight centre, so I wasn't able to arrange seats at the moment (but I did get a $20 discount); so if people are to book return flights for the 20th via delta, tell me your seats/rows, so I can organise being close to you :p
I already know row 38 is the PLACE TO BE on the way there :D.

Vyse, I'm going for full comprehensive travel insurance. With medibank I get a discount, and it covers pretty much everything (including the VERY IMPORTANT nil excess) for $166.

It should even cover me in the situation delta cancel their flights; the insurance will give you up to $5000 to arrange alternate transportation LOLOLOL (well, that is if I could perhaps somehow get "Genesis" or one of those 4th of july stuffs considered as a conference or sporting event, lol).

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
**** I should really get organized about this huh? too bad I have no idea what I'm doing, I've never traveled overseas before.

Toby.

Smash Master
1.google delta airlines.
2. go to their website.
3. choose the location you are departing from (sydney airport) and the destination (LAX)
4. choose dates (depart 3rd july, return 20th july)
5. theres one flight to choose from, so select it.
6. select the only return flight available as well.
7.pay your 1096 dollars.
8.???
9.profit

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I paid for my ticket as well.

Leaving with you guys on the 3rd.
Heading back on the 17th

TCR **** YEAH BOI

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah ok, passport is first priority, I really want to come to this with you guys so I'll get it all sorted out. dont worry.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
alright alright, I'll sort it out, I'm guessing that if I wanna fly there with you guys I need to get my ticket through delta?

Gords

Smash Champion
where are all you guys staying in America for the 2 1/2 weeks?

And who from austalia has confirmed they are going to this?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah good question, what are we doing for accom (I assume we're all gonna stick together?)

also do we have to pre-register?

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Pre-registering is highly recommended but not technically necessary.

I'm still semi-confirmed for this. :/

Need moar monies...

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Accomodation is not a problem, there's enough solid connections and willings hosters in SoCal.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Shaya, I'm sure they'll be more in the future if Genesis ends up being a runaway success. The other global majors I can think of are the OC series. So they aren't a one-off thing!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I didn't think Ken was gonna do OC again.
Unless it's somebody else who organizes that?

I wish Genesis was four days long.
Scheduling would be way better.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
No no. OC is finished. What I'm getting at is eventually some crew steps it up and gathers international attention. This time, it happened to be DBR. I'd feel safer with a 4 day tournament too, as I kind of doubt their ability to run everything on time with 300-400+ people attending.

NorCal's major tourney track record is far from perfect too. They've got a lot make up for, in terms of delivering.

ahhhh, memories: http://media.www.thespartandaily.co...10300858&sourcedomain=www.thespartandaily.com

^ NCT2 = epic fail

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
alright, my flight is booked I'm confirmed for this, I shotgun sitting next to toby on the plane so he can teach me the mastery of the pokemans.
I'll be msn sometime tonight so we can organize seats and stuff

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'm on row 38 for both the flight there and flight back.

38E for both flights :O

So everyone whos coming back on the 20th, make sure you're at the PARTY ROW (38).

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Yeah, there's instructions in your Delta Ticket email on how to do it I think

I'll post my seat number when I am out of work

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol 5 out of the 6 memebers of the 4 metaknights are going to America, we must steal FTS along with us!

also I head that when you get to the airport in America they make you answers questions or whatever and one of them is where will you be staying and if you dont have an answer they wont let you in, is this going to be an issue?

Top Bottom