• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think the Snake vs Wolf thing should just be over now. :dizzy:

Now, I can't say I know much about Diddy, because I've never been a fan of the DK series, but from what I do know, Lucario seems like the obvious winner. Pokemon are crazy powerful things. Diddy is really just a monkey with nothing all too special, despite being rather smart.

_clinton already listed all the Pokedex entries, which was something I was gonna do. They list exactly what Lucario is capable of. Reading thoughts and movements in particular sounds pretty devastating for Diddy.

And anybody who knows competitive Pokemon knows Lucario is a pretty darn good Pokemon to have on your team.

Lucario just outdoes Diddy with his powers. And he's also a lot faster. If you've seen the movie he's in, he runs as fast as a car, and he can jump pretty high. So Lucario is a lot more mobile than Diddy.

daisho

Smash Lord
Diddy doesn't have a peanut pop gun... that thing is like a chaingun. Hes also got oranges that are nades (judging from my only Diddy experience in DK 64).

That being said... can't lucario just reflect everything Diddy throws at him? Like stop it in the air and turn it back?

I don't see this as much of a match, Lucario pwns.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree. Diddy doesn't seem like he can put up much of a fight. I'd say this is about 30:70 or somewhere around there. Diddy has some fancy gadgets, but it's no match for Lucario's powers. Even without aura spheres and such, his speed and up close combat attacks are great. The attack close combat has a base power of 120 for crying out load.

_clinton

Smash Master
Even w/o your dumb rules that really only affect Lucario in this case (good job), he would still beat Diddy senseless...

JOE!

Smash Hero
Clinton, there is a thread that includes your style, the character debate thread uses their in-game rules to fight, and ignores "reality".

essentially, lucario would have his aura and stats there, as would link have his fairies/items, etc, etc, etc.

If you dont like the rules here, why bother to keep bringing imput here?

and they dont only affect Lucario, diddy has no power-ups, no jet-pack, and his popgun rather blows as a weapon as opposed to its usefulnes in DK64

_clinton

Smash Master
What _clinton said is an overstatement.

While he is 3/4 as strong as Mewtwo, other pokemons are as well (exeggutor, cloyster, umbreon and a lot more) And pokemons aren't really as strong as people in the games usualy make them seem ( you cancatch 'god' for christ sake) and their attacks, while strong, are usualy no diffrent from your average RPG tier 1 attacks. And Lucario has a low defense and stamina. He is also smaller thn a 10 year old.
Several of the other pokemon that have the same base stat total as Lucario do things like melt into water, revive dead plants and flowers, sense air currents, blow out fire that is over 3000 degrees F, control the weather in limited amounts, and guide lost spirits to the after life...

The BST is a good indicator for just what the pokemon is able to do overall...I think you are undermining the 3 pokemon you brought up as well...

Exeggutor's heads are all acting by themselves and in every way it is able to sustain itself, Cloyster's shell can withstand explosions of certain levels, and Umbreon spews a poison sweet and can blend perfectly in the darkness because those rings of his change his appearance in general...

Plus...a lot of things like Mewtwo are completely optional anyway...it could very well be argued that the Pokemon trainer in question for whatever game does not capture things like "god" actually...

Clinton, there is a thread that includes your style, the character debate thread uses their in-game rules to fight, and ignores "reality".

essentially, lucario would have his aura and stats there, as would link have his fairies/items, etc, etc, etc.

If you dont like the rules here, why bother to keep bringing imput here?

and they dont only affect Lucario, diddy has no power-ups, no jet-pack, and his popgun rather blows as a weapon as opposed to its usefulnes in DK64
Using the in game rules to fight is pretty stupid as well...because it becomes impossible to compare them...because not every game uses the same in game rules...

I'd rather talk "canon" if we are going to waste our time on topics like this...

And this thread is closer to canon overall...except your rules let you unfairly chose what part of the canon they can use or not

JOE!

Smash Hero
^

that thread uses their in-game selves. Like the actual ganondorf you fight at teh end of OOT instead of Smash ganon.

as for canon, I try to exclude canon that is to put it kind;ly, rediculous in the real world. Like magic and invincibility.

I do use canon that could be used, like their heights, what they wear, weaponary (to an extent)

_clinton

Smash Master
^

that thread uses their in-game selves. Like the actual ganondorf you fight at teh end of OOT instead of Smash ganon.

as for canon, I try to exclude canon that is to put it kind;ly, rediculous in the real world. Like magic and invincibility.

I do use canon that could be used, like their heights, what they wear, weaponary (to an extent)
What I got from reading the replies of how things like for example...Link vs. Mario went down as well as some other ones...plus WTF match ups that are kind of unfair (Lucas vs. a Yoshi?)...plus several characters shouldn't really be talked about (ROB, Yoshi, G&W, Ice Climbers and a few others just for the simple fact that they don't have much back story and are more of a how do I put it...stock character)I disagree with that thread using their in-game selves as canon...there are some examples for how it is done...but overall it seems like people care more about Mario jumping on his foes heads than they do about the fact that Bowser almost screwing the universe)

Yep...overall your thread seems like the lesser of two evils ^_^

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Yep...overall your thread seems like the lesser of two evils ^_^
Then I suggest you STICK TO THE RULES OF THE THREAD.

This thread isn't about what Lucario vs. Ganondorf, this is about what they could do in the real world.

Even w/o your dumb rules that really only affect Lucario in this case (good job), he would still beat Diddy senseless...
Yes, because Diddy's abilities don't flip the bird at the laws of physics.

Heroes_Never_Die

Smash Journeyman
What is Diddy Kong? Some have said he's a chimpanzee, but the tail...

Anyone have any insight on this? It seems important to understanding his abilities.

Though, I still think Lucario would destroy him, aura or not, since he's a fighting pokemon. Though he's only four feet tall, Diddy Kong doesn't seem like he's that big either.

Iri5hL3gaCY

Smash Cadet
Lucario: shoots giant lazers of aura from his own hands
Diddy: shoots peanuts from a pop gun

Winner: Lucario

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I already stated that Lucario can be great without all the aura powers. He's extremely fast and has devastating close range attacks. What else does he need?

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
How the hell is lucario jiu jitsu? He's more muay thai! Jiu jitsu is a martial that teaches u how to to fight on the ground and take someone down to get to that position. In Jui Jitsu u don't strike.

bibleonian

Smash Apprentice
Lucario does have more refined power with his moves. Are you going to include Lucario's increase in power as he gets weaker? I'm guessing no. Even without it I still go with Lucario.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
All Diddy has to do is run away until Lucario runs out of PP. Then he's forced to use Frustration and kill himself.

If only that could really happen.

_clinton

Smash Master
Now find a way to justify Aura Blasts using actual physics.

*waits patiently*
Please than explain why TC breaks his own rules freely and changes what is real then...

*waits patiently*

All Diddy has to do is run away until Lucario runs out of PP. Then he's forced to use Frustration and kill himself.

If only that could really happen.
Its struggle...
Not Frustration...
Frustration is the opposite of Return...in that the more your pokemon hates you...the more damage it does...

The max power it can have is 102 (same as return) and is a normal type attack (same as return)...it has 20 PP for the base number of times you can use it (same as return)

Struggle is non-elemental IIRC...has 40 for the base power...and your pokemon loses about a 1/4 of its HP when it uses it...

Lucario does have more refined power with his moves. Are you going to include Lucario's increase in power as he gets weaker? I'm guessing no. Even without it I still go with Lucario.
That is only in Brawl where Lucario can get weaker and is nothing more than a game mech.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Imah say Lucario 1 reason....
A. Lucario is part steel...what's Diddy going to do about a steel type shoot peanuts at it? or break is fist trying to punch Lucario....

Sieguest

Smash Master
Has anybody been pro Diddy yet? >_>
Iunno...but if it's diddy versus lucario...Diddy might as well be trying to beat up a steel building...with fighting skills...

But...I will make a pro diddy argument just to stir things up....
Diddy could always mindgame lucario off a cliff by tripping him up with some bananas...all diddy needs to do is find a cliff...:)

Sieguest

Smash Master
I voted Diddy a while back, but only to be different. :laugh: No, Diddy has nothing on Lucario. Try Jiggs. :)
Dang...too many lucario supporters...(I'm one of them too.) time to create antagonism for the sake of debate....

A. Diddy's cooler *wait's for die hard pokemon fans to flame....*
B. Diddy's got guns (that shoot peanuts >.>)
C. Diddy's faster (had to come up with something wrong or right)
D. Diddy could just run Lucario out of PP and cause Lucario to slowly but surely kill itself using Struggle...(best one I got...>.> too bad Pkmn trainer came with elixirs...:))

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Diddy Kong is obviously a lot more frail and a bit smaller than Lucario. Diddy can shoot peanuts at Lucario, but that really wouldn't do much damage to Lucario. The rest of Diddy's attacks might consist of his tail whipping around or him punching and kicking.

Even though Diddy is a monkey, which gives him good speed and agility, Lucario is pretty stealthy and I'd also say he is agile. But Lucario's main advantage is Aura. Any psychic or supernatural power atoumatically beats hand-to-hand combat in my opinion, and hand-to-hand is probably the best thing Diddy has besides speed and agility which really isn't much greater than Lucario's anyway.

daisho

Smash Lord
We're not playing with aura, we're not playing with PP, we're not playing with steel.

If diddy's got oranges then he wins.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
We're not playing with aura, we're not playing with PP, we're not playing with steel.

If diddy's got oranges then he wins.
Aura is everything Lucario is... Still, I would vote Lucario even without it. Lucario knows how to fight (he's a Fighting type), he's got skill and martial arts training (I think...), and I'd say he's one of the smarter Pokemon (unlike Charizard....).

Diddy's not really built to fight someone like Lucario, IMO.

Top Bottom