• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Sieguest

Smash Master
Actually. yes it does. To determine The Deadliest Brawler, we should have an accurate list of where each person places. This is part of it.
Well then I'll say this, when one is classified as "retired" then technically they are taken out of the competition, and if they're out of the competition, then they aren't subject to anything related to that competition. Not even ranks... a good example are races. racers that have to retire from the cup series aren't placed.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Well then I'll say this, when one is classified as "retired" then technically they are taken out of the competition, and if they're out of the competition, then they aren't subject to anything related to that competition. Not even ranks... a good example are races. racers that have to retire from the cup series aren't placed.
So then we have different ranks is what you're saying?
Like 1st set of retirees, then 2nd set, and so on?
Cuz if you mean that we just eliminate them in general and never bring them up then what happens when we determine TDB and JOE! does other MUs? If we do a list we have a way to classify where each person stands. And it's better if we do it this way so we won't have TDB Tier List controversy; rather argue over 8 people now than the whole list later.

JOE!

Smash Hero
we'll rank them.

retiring simply means that there isnt really anyone left fot them to fight fairly. They have proven themselves to such *that* badly

Sieguest

Smash Master
So then we have different ranks is what you're saying?
Like 1st set of retirees, then 2nd set, and so on?
Cuz if you mean that we just eliminate them in general and never bring them up then what happens when we determine TDB and JOE! does other MUs? If we do a list we have a way to classify where each person stands. And it's better if we do it this way so we won't have TDB Tier List controversy; rather argue over 8 people now than the whole list later.
No, not different ranks of retirees, retired is just what it means, completely out of the competition, retirees aren't ranked, You'll notice that in immediate ranking charts when an athlete or such is forced to retire, they have something that indicates that the athlete is retired. Then in standings showings after that, that athlete might not show up on the list or that athlete may be at the bottom of a list being listed as retired and nothing more. Although some events may still show an athletes record for the competition, but they won't have a rank assigned to them.

JOE! said:
retiring simply means that there isnt really anyone left fot them to fight fairly. They have proven themselves to such *that* badly
Retiring in the competitive sense is being deemed unfit to participate in the competition any longer and must be withdrawn from it. Retirees forfeit all rankings or positions on standings charts upon being forced to retire. Also see above.

JOE!

Smash Hero
well when the final list is made, would you not like to see how these guys stand, even though it is clear they'd be at the very bottom?

Nova9000

Smash Lord
No, not different ranks of retirees, retired is just what it means, completely out of the competition, retirees aren't ranked, You'll notice that in immediate ranking charts when an athlete or such is forced to retire, they have something that indicates that the athlete is retired. Then in standings showings after that, that athlete might not show up on the list or that athlete may be at the bottom of a list being listed as retired and nothing more. Although some events may still show an athletes record for the competition, but they won't have a rank assigned to them.

SO explain how we determine TDB then. Your idea leaves up to rd. 7 with 3 fighters and then the thread ends. Then JOE! allows 3rd party people and we have no way of placing them in effective MUs, not to mention we'll have a huge debate over where each person places.

JOE!

Smash Hero
exactly, just becaus ethey are retired by my terms doesnt mean they are wiped from the ranking.

it simply means that theyve lost any MU's they have a chance in...keeping them in would result in the same effect:

they lose 100% of their matches, and everyone is above them

Sieguest

Smash Master

SO explain how we determine TDB then. Your idea leaves up to rd. 7 with 3 fighters and then the thread ends. Then JOE! allows 3rd party people and we have no way of placing them in effective MUs, not to mention we'll have a huge debate over where each person places.
You seem to confuse the word eliminated and retired from what I've read.

DDD, MK, Kirby, Yoshi, Sonic, and Pichu are classified as retired because they are physically unfit to do anything such as walk, or have any chance to compete at all within the competition.

All the other characters are still ranked according to wins and losses.
When a character loses, it doesn't mean that they are instantly sent into the retired slot... they just have a loss added to their record.

An example for clarification.
Lets say you have the Dallas Cowboys.

If the Cowboys lose a game then they aren't considered retired, a loss is just added to their record.
Now, if so many players on their team end up injured or in any way unfit to play football and the Cowboys don't have enough able players to participate in the games, then they would at the discretion of the NFL, be considered retired for the season. They wouldn't be ranked...

EDIT: *looks below* k then

Nova9000

Smash Lord
You seem to confuse the word eliminated and retired from what I've read.

DDD, MK, Kirby, Yoshi, Sonic, and Pichu are classified as retired because they are physically unfit to do anything such as walk, or have any chance to compete at all within the competition.

All the other characters are still ranked according to wins and losses.
When a character loses, it doesn't mean that they are instantly sent into the retired slot... they just have a loss added to their record.

An example for clarification.
Lets say you have the Dallas Cowboys.

If the Cowboys lose a game then they aren't considered retired, a loss is just added to their record.
Now, if so many players on their team end up injured or in any way unfit to play football and the Cowboys don't have enough able players to participate in the games, then they would at the discretion of the NFL, be considered retired for the season. They wouldn't be ranked...

Was that supposed to answer my question?

They are still characters. So retiring them will serve what purpose?
You keep this up and then we have what?
Your explanation makes it seem like they are eliminated so...

Sieguest

Smash Master

Was that supposed to answer my question?

You keep this up and then we have what?
I'm not the one who brought up the retirement idea, JOE! was, I was wondering as to why we would worry so much about ranking them if they are retired.

I consider elimination as being whenever you're fit to participate but are beat out due to not being as skilled or not having the options another does.

Retirement- I consider more like expulsion due to being unfit to participate in the first place.

Also
Nova9000 said:
A runner breaks his leg during the olympics, as such, he must be retired from the competition.

Retirement: A runner breaks his leg during the olympics, as such, being unfit to run, he must be retired from the competition.

Elimination: This runner loses two races in a double elimination foot race tournanament. As such he is eliminated as stated by the rules.

The difference is, retirement is because the character is unfit to participate. Elimination is the character is fit to participate, but due to being of lesser skill than others, is taken out according to certain rules set... but we don't have elimination rules in TDB... do we?

REL38

Smash Lord
well yeah.

think about it: who is left on the rosteer that could give these 4 a fair fight? It'd be the same as bringing Jiggs back so that Ganondorf has another win under his belt for free essentially
But you don't see Ganon being banned for being so terrible in Brawl, now do you?

I could say the Ganon vs Snake MU is essentially the exact same thing as the Jiggs vs Ganon MU

One character has a blatant and huge advantage over the other, so isn't that "unfair"?
Ganon had zero hope against Snake.

I see the reasoning, but sucks for Jiggs.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I'm not the one who brought up the retirement idea, JOE! was, I was wondering as to why we would worry so much about ranking them if they are retired.

I consider elimination as being whenever you're fit to participate but are beat out due to not being as skilled or not having the options another does.

Retirement- I consider more like expulsion due to being unfit to participate in the first place.

Also

A runner breaks his leg during the olympics, as such, he must be retired from the competition.

Retirement: A runner breaks his leg during the olympics, as such, being unfit to run, he must be retired from the competition.

Elimination: This runner loses two races in a double elimination foot race tournanament. As such he is eliminated as stated by the rules.

The difference is, retirement is because the character is unfit to participate. Elimination is the character is fit to participate, but due to being of lesser skill than others, is taken out according to certain rules set... but we don't have elimination rules in TDB... do we?
I understand both but in this context does it really matter? Like if we rank them they still participated so they belong somewhere.

Retirement: Jiggs can't move so she must retire since she is unfit to participate.
Elimination: Jiggs lost every MU except the tie w/ Kirby.

Both result in her not being in the competition any longer so no matter how you say it she no longer participates anymore. However, we will rank them so that we can have an analyzed view of where each character stands in regards to being deadly.

Even using the Cowboys as an example, they would still be ranked, but just in the spot where it's inconsequential.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I understand both but in this context does it really matter? Like if we rank them they still participated so they belong somewhere.

Retirement: Jiggs can't move so she must retire since she is unfit to participate.
Elimination: Jiggs lost every MU except the tie w/ Kirby.

Both result in her not being in the competition any longer so no matter how you say it she no longer participates anymore. However, we will rank them so that we can have an analyzed view of where each character stands in regards to being deadly.

If it's JOE!'s call, then it's the way it is... I was just wondering why.

Even using the Cowboys as an example, they would still be ranked, but just in the spot where it's inconsequential.
Retired teams aren't included in standings.
Retired athletes aren't included in standings.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I agree with Kaka-REL. DDD can't lift that nor move. Yoshi can crawl at least. DDD fails more than Yoshi does. Sonic would also place higher than DDD.

Sieguest

Smash Master
So . . . a fat penguin can lift an over-sized and mechanical hammer?

Or no?
it's enough to beat MK XD besides he has two days to stand it up XD.
I agree with Kaka-REL. DDD can't lift that nor move. Yoshi can crawl at least. DDD fails more than Yoshi does. Sonic would also place higher than DDD.
DDD vs. MK
They won't even get close to each other until two days later. XD D3 has plenty of time,

now against Sonic and Yoshi, he's screwed.... :O

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Lol..
I thought you meant DDD's placement v. Yoshi and Sonic...
Well then yea you're right; DDD wins.

REL38

Smash Lord
D3 would die of starvation before reaching Metaknight.

D3 has to exert his blatantly over-weight body to move which makes him tire faster and leave him with less stamina.
He might even give himself a heart-attack or a stroke from all the heat being produced from his clothes. Along with all that fat . . .

Sieguest

Smash Master
D3 would die of starvation before reaching Metaknight.

D3 has to exert his blatantly over-weight body to move which makes him tire faster and leave him with less stamina.
He might even give himself a heart-attack or a stroke from all the heat being produced from his clothes. Along with all that fat . . .
That's assuming D3 went on the move...
what if MK went on the move?
what if neither of them moved?

D3 wins the latter two questions giving him majority.... fat is stored energy, so he has reserves to semi survive on unlike MK.

JOE!

Smash Hero
as for the retirement debate, it's really just over terminology I guess.

the point is: those guys are cemented as of now as being the worst characters, and thus shouldnt be bothered with any more as everyone left would simply beat them.

so retired from the compitition makes most sense IMO, but they still count as the worst?

Sieguest

Smash Master

the point is: those guys are cemented as of now as being the worst characters, and thus shouldnt be bothered with any more as everyone left would simply beat them.

so retired from the compitition makes most sense IMO, but they still count as the worst?
I would think they still count as the worst...
I mean, if they have to be retired due to their natural state then that counts as suckiness in my book.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
That's assuming D3 went on the move...
what if MK went on the move?
what if neither of them moved?

D3 wins the latter two questions giving him majority.... fat is stored energy, so he has reserves to semi survive on unlike MK.
Also remember that MK has a mask and cape and such; holding those up for that amount of time would wear on his body a lot faster than DDD needing to eat. MK is doomed by his armor.
Kirby got robbed lol...

Yea it does but we'll keep up the list.
I propose:

:yoshi2: :sonic: :dedede: :squirtle: :pichu: :jigglypuf :kirby: :metaknight:
RL says **** you MK and Sakurai
\It's a little biased, but we can work on it.

UncleSam

Smash Master

*facepalm*
Did you even consider to read anything?
If so,
Take your bottom lip, pull it over your head and swallow.
I've never reported someone, I wonder what it feels like.
people, are you just going to leave me hanging on Fox vs. ZSS?
cuz it's annoying arguing with a stone.

EDIT:

***THEORY***

HOLOpaW is actually getting ready to surprise us, and he's going to log on christmas morning...
well, that or he's actually Santa Clause in Disguise.

REL38

Smash Lord

*facepalm*
Did you even consider to read anything?
If so,
Take your bottom lip, pull it over your head and swallow.
Bull

Metaknight got this.

MK is an adult Kirby.
Baby/kid Kirby eats a lot.
Adult Kirby may no longer have any or very, very little need for food.
MK never eats.

MK outlasts D3.
D3 will starve to death.

Besides, MK's sword will pierce.
He has all day.

EDIT:
:metaknight::metaknight::metaknight:

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I've never reported someone, I wonder what it feels like.
people, are you just going to leave me hanging on Fox vs. ZSS?
cuz it's annoying arguing with a stone.

EDIT:

***THEORY***

HOLOpaW is actually getting ready to surprise us, and he's going to log on christmas morning...
well, that or he's actually Santa Clause in Disguise.
Report me? Surely not I...
Well after hearing you and JOE! go back and forth, it's a tie. Whichever fires first wins.
And I thought HOLOpaW was waiting until new years to show...

Bull

Metaknight got this.

MK is an adult Kirby.
Baby/kid Kirby eats a lot.
Adult Kirby may no longer have any or very, very little need for food.
MK never eats.

MK outlasts D3.
D3 will starve to death.

Besides, MK's sword will pierce.
He has all day.

False.

How is he an adult Kirby? When does Kriby ever age?
And as an adult, you would need to consume more to maintain energy.
Kirby eats a LOT. MK would need more to keep up with his energy outtake.
MK would need to eat as well. unless he gets his energy from somewhere else.

looks like you're shooting yourself again lol...
DDD has fat to feed off of. He'd last longer.
MK's sword isn't piercing that fatty.
He can't even see past his feet; he can't jump or move to him either.
MK = vegetable state.

And your edit is horrible...lol...

REL38

Smash Lord
Metaknight's an alien.

How do you know he'd need to eat more?
Kirby doesn't require constant food for nutrient.
No where is it said he's gotta eat a whole bunch.
I think it's even said his stomach is infinite or "bottom-less".

MK wouldn't be any different.

Heck, D3 has a far worse time approaching MK.
He's shaped like a Golova.
At least MK can poke through skin.
It's impossible for D3 to budge his hammer.

:metaknight::metaknight:

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Metaknight's an alien.

How do you know he'd need to eat more?
Kirby doesn't require constant food for nutrient.
No where is it said he's gotta eat a whole bunch.
I think it's even said his stomach is infinite or "bottom-less".

MK wouldn't be any different.

Heck, D3 has a far worse time approaching MK.
He's shaped like a Golova.
At least MK can poke through skin.
It's impossible for D3 to budge his hammer.

:metaknight::metaknight:
So how does an alien like MK supply himself energy?
How does MK even move for that matter?
And even if MK doesn't need to eat more, he still has to maintain all of those things on his body, wearing out his muscles. You try to carry a katana for hrs at a time and see how your arm feels.
DDD is horrible yes, but he can squirm and waddle at a very slow pace.
D3 can poke MK and ggs MK.
I never mentioned his hammer at all; He would rely on his girth to win.

****:metaknight::smiliegor:metaknight::bigrocket

JOE!

Smash Hero
alien =/= magic rel.

alien life would still follow the rules of biology. Pikmin are allowed simply because they *could* work, but we have no good analogue for them on earth, so they get a semi "its an alien" excuse.

as for fox vs Zamus, eh ill call it a tie

DDD > MK

New MU soon

No Items

Fox only

Final Desitantion

Deeptuna

Smash Rookie
The physical difference is the most obvious point in Falcon's favor. Falcon is tall and lean, Olimar is short and round. Falcon shows signs of rigorous training in the martial arts. Olimar...not so much.

Now onto the Pikmin issue. In numbers, they're definatly capable of extraordinary feats of strength. Olimar has mastered the ability to control the Pikmin, and their tactical use can serve as a great hinderance.

The Pikmin, as well as Olimar himself, are flawed not only in their individual strength, but in the amount of speed their pitted against. Falcon is a true speed demon, both on the racetrack and on his feet. His maneuverability will reduce Olimar's options to a needlepoint, and once he's closed in, it's over.

I'm goin' with Falcon. He's an acrobatic fighting machine, and Olimar is a spaceship pilot who's a bit too yellow for the battlefield.

Top Bottom