• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

UncleSam

Smash Master
Explain this please? So, we're not going by their actual strength and abilities in the games...? We'ree reducing them to normal people?
different thread
OP said:
This is a contest of real world fights between members of the cast of super smash brothers. This means no magic, no game physics, no ph1r3, and realistic as possible.
this should answer that question.

EDIT: MRG
wikipedia said:
By the 14th century, plate armour was commonly used to supplement mail. Eventually mail was supplemented by plate for the most part.
ganondorf has a layer of chainmail under it...
link can't kill ganondorf, except for a headshot.

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
lol Mario vs Falcon finished already. . . aww, I missed my time to shine

Link vs Ganondorf, the battle for the Sacred Realm and Hyrule
I expect flaming, please don't make me right.

Link has speed and protection with his shield but Ganondorf has Strength
Does Link have his bow?

ShinTwist-ScreamPaste

Smash Cadet
Using real world physics doesn't mean nerfing the characters strength. You can apply real world physics to characters with super-strength quite easily, and working within what's physicly possible within the real world, that means Ganon can't do things like disintegrate people with punches, but to nerf his actual ability seems like you're not really debating Ganon so much as a regular human.

UncleSam

Smash Master
we've gotten to the point where link can only win via. headshot...
Slader7 it might be too late.
depends on how long MRG can hold out

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
He still has his legs and head uncovered, has the darksword and is a big target.

EDIT: yes we are.
Link is also very athletic and skilled, as shown in his games, and still manage to be realistic.

Uncle: Leg shot.

Look at your image. Femoral artery very vulnerable.

Archery and running away very plausible. Link crippling and later killing Ganon via head or leg shot very likely.

UncleSam

Smash Master
he isn't as strong as ganondorf though, and doesn't have enough protection. arrows aren't trouble, and ganondorf prevails in a swordfight because of better armor, skills, and a larger more powerful sword than he can wield very easily.
I'm not convinced on how link can win.
If this turns into a Roy vs. Pit discussion I'm gonna rage

EDIT: slader that scar is protected by a plate of armor.

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
Alucard-man: No crippling wounds from the plot.

Ganon can hit.....everywhere....if he hits him.
Like I said, acrobatic link+slab of iron=very unlikely to hit Link.

This is like a super robot vs a real robot....except the game is Robot Wars D, with the glitch that makes armor useless. Armor sucks if it does not protect your vital spots.

UncleSam

Smash Master
no glitches in RL everything is legit bro.

EDIT: MRG ur getting nowhere
this is like the Roy vs. Pit match, Ganon is pit and Roy is Link, but this time it favors the correct person, get at me

ShinTwist-ScreamPaste

Smash Cadet
I feel as though my post got overlooked. It's like you're not actualyl debating the characters, just normal people with medieval equipment.. What happens when we start discussing characters with guns..?

You can easily apply real world physics to these characters, and Link for example, can cut arrows out of the air.

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
Thats the thing, Link is nothing without magic when compared to ganon :/
Link did not have magic in TP.

And Uncle, the point was that Ganon's armor is useless if it does not protect the most important and vulnerable parts of his body.

And ET, Reals own Destiny. You now it. They took away the only thing that made Supers viable.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I feel as though my post got overlooked. It's like you're not actualyl debating the characters, just normal people with medieval equipment.. What happens when we start discussing characters with guns..?

You can easily apply real world physics to these characters, and Link for example, can cut arrows out of the air.
I read it...
and I agree with you
physical prowess is something that can be applied to real world physics...
Ganon majorly outclasses link in strength...

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
MRG ganondorf has a slab of iron on a stick, and is much stronger than Link.
@newguy- Link isn't a samurai
Strenght does not matter if you can't hit your opponent.

Dodging is as good as armor.

--------

Hell, Ganondorf can't even stab with the sword, he can only swing it around. He even has less options.

ShinTwist-ScreamPaste

Smash Cadet
Samurai have no relevance to this discussion. In TP he can cut arrows out of the air, and is good enough with a bow to nail an inch thick pole at an approx 1/3 -1/2 mile.

Physical prowess included, Link has more showings of reaction time than Ganon.

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
I see both Ganon's and Link's fighting styles as the ones that Celtic warriors used which is "just swing away"
Keep on swinging that sword until someone drops.
If Link makes contact with Ganon's sword with his own sword, Link's sword will most likely be lost/broken due to Ganondorf's strength
If Link uses his shield, Ganondorf's strength will probably break Link's hand/wrist
If Link keeps on dodging Ganon's strikes, how will he win?

lol@kitty pic :D

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
Penetrate what? His skin? His head?

It's like wearing a wolf costume, except you don't have the mask or the paws.

Armor is useless if it does not cover your vital spots.

And there is still the arrows, which can also pierce armor if the metal is good enough, has insane range and speed and will kill ganon if hit in the leg.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
I see both Ganon's and Link's fighting styles as the ones that Celtic warriors used which is "just swing away"
Keep on swinging that sword until someone drops.
If Link makes contact with Ganon's sword with is own sword, Link's sword will most likely be lost/broken due to Ganondorf's strength
If Link uses his shield, Ganondorf's strength will probably break Link's hand/wrist
If Link keeps on dodging Ganon's strikes, how will he win?
He runs away like a man in a green tunic should. . . .

ShinTwist-ScreamPaste

Smash Cadet
How's Ganon going to break Link's wrist when Link can stop many tons of moving goron cold without being crushed by that kind of force?

Link is very strong, and has better reaction time. armour's useless for either of them due to insane strength.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Samurai have no relevance to this discussion.
Samurai can cut arrows from the air.
In TP he can cut arrows out of the air,
I don see that, I see t3h shieldz but now sword stuff.
and is good enough with a bow to nail an inch thick pole at an approx 1/3 -1/2 mile.
yawn, guess who aimed that?
you did.
Link doesn't frequently show these abilities, and in RL, no target ridicule

Physical prowess included, Link has more showings of reaction time than Ganon.
than why does he block 95% of your strikes in the final boss fight?
EDIT: plus you are using gameplay mechanics, they don't apply

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
How will he crush him if he can't hit him?

Or how will he reach Link if he has armor piercing arrows and Ganon is a huge target?

Top Bottom